Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
"it's george costanza" ?>

Markov Chain Chomp posted:

i'm amazed that yospos wunderkind have figured out how to handle sulk but still cant figure out the proper course of action with shaggar and tbc

if you point out tbc's gimmick he develops a lifetime grudge against you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

ahhh spiders posted:

fill my dirty typehole

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
shaggar and tbc are way more entertaining than sulk

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

i'm amazed that yospos wunderkind have figured out how to handle sulk but still cant figure out the proper course of action with shaggar and tbc

The man, the myth, the legend, the Shaggar.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Ronald Raiden posted:

nah

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Ronald Raiden posted:

maybe for a day 3 years ago when they started their dumb gimmicks

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
People get real mad when you point out their dumb fad language is terrible or that stupid ideas (like deferring type checks to runtime) are hacks for their bad language and/or tools.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

it's really funny that i claim to like a Bad Thing when it's obvious that i don't actually like it, and for that matter nobody does

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
remember that one time when tbc talked about security and it was really funny.

shaggar was probably funny once too.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

it's really funny that i claim to like a Bad Thing when it's obvious that i don't actually like it, and for that matter nobody does

but there are loads of people who really do unironically think php is great? admittedly the vast majority are uninformed to some degree but still

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

next hilarious gimmick ideas for shaggar

post about farmville in games
post about big macs in gws
post about turtles in pi

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
internet nerds are great because they have such an ossified certitude in their own opinions that OBVIOUSLY anyone who disagrees is a troll

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

next hilarious gimmick ideas for shaggar

post about farmville in games

i would follow that gimmick

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

you... you don't agree with me? ugh someone get this troll out of here.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Tiny Bug Child posted:

internet nerds are great because they have such an ossified certitude in their own opinions that OBVIOUSLY anyone who disagrees is a troll

you're pathetic lol

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

Tiny Bug Child posted:

shut up.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
Please don't post about useful languages itt. This is the functional/academic language thread.

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

i mean in a forum where "dont sign your posts" is not only tolerated but openly posted to every tenth reply i guess it's hard to have standards but it's just such a weak and loving obvious attempt from those two

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

tef posted:

java does this, in the sense that it misses type errors (you can google these type holes, hth)

I googled that and it doesn't look like anyone thinks this is a good thing, which is my point

Shaggar posted:

I do. That's why I never have issues with static typing. Deferring type errors to runtime makes no sense whatsoever and is a useless hack for bad programers in a bad language.

hey here's this obscure programming language that emphasizes correctness and safety, the would be perfect for my project if I could just disable those features

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

i mean in a forum where "dont sign your posts" is not only tolerated but openly posted to every tenth reply i guess it's hard to have standards but it's just such a weak and loving obvious attempt from those two

just make fun of them until they have a mental breakdown like i did

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

it is literally impossible that someone could think differently than i do. why can't everyone see this patently obvious truth.

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Tiny Bug Child posted:

it is literally impossible that someone could think differently than i do. why can't everyone see this patently obvious truth.

it's amazing how completely broken your brain is. even in the face of overwhelming logic you stick to your dumb gimmick

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

but no, seriously guys, i really do enjoy a Bad Thing

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

ya we know

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Java owns, regardless of shaggar being shaggar

vapid cutlery
Apr 17, 2007

php:
<?
shaggar is definitely the least worst of the two.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

shaggar, like a stopped clock is right twice a day

tbc has a php script which moves the hands whenever the clock gets too close to being correct

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

java is merely ok

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

im a troll

blorpy
Jan 5, 2005

yo ho ho he took a bite of gum gum

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

Sweevo posted:

shaggar, like a stopped clock is right twice a day

tbc has a php script which moves the hands whenever the clock gets too close to being correct

sometimes it doesn't work because its php, but when that happens the whole hting just fails and doesn't inform the user so just vomits up random posts.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe
i ♥ tiny bug childe

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Panic! At The cisco posted:

im a troll

:eyepop:

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Internaut! posted:

I googled that and it doesn't look like anyone thinks this is a good thing, which is my point

hey here's this obscure programming language that emphasizes correctness and safety, the would be perfect for my project if I could just disable those features

this is why we think you don't understand what it does

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
haskell is cool imo

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
haskool

e: hascool?

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad
someone give me an idea for a cool (and maybe useful???) thing to do wiht haskell so I have a reason to mess around with haskell again tia

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

write a monad tutorial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tef
May 30, 2004

-> some l-system crap ->

Ronald Raiden posted:

someone give me an idea for a cool (and maybe useful???) thing to do wiht haskell so I have a reason to mess around with haskell again tia

write a toy language. worked for perl 6 :q: