Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Adomian's Christopher Hitchens was amazing the first time and super hilarious the second. I think he if he was as frequent a guest as most other characters he'd be a favorite.

Kroll's Bobby B is a really strong contender but I think my favorite is Marissa Wompler. It's such a fully realized and consistent character that whatever situation she shows up in you can sort of predict how she'll respond. And it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I wish Brett Gelman had said something funny on the anniversary ep. Oh well.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Not that the live bands are that big of a part of the show but I'd like it if they did like on Sklarbro Country and just played one verse and one chorus instead of an entire song breaking everything up

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
That lady sure likes playing 5 minute long songs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Cacahuate posted:

That lady sure likes playing 5 minute long songs.

I think that was my only problem with this one. Her songs weren't necessarily bad, but they were hella long. I skipped every one past the first one after it was the same line over and over again for about a minute.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Where do you go to submit catchphrases?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Crankit posted:

Where do you go to submit catchphrases?

http://forum.earwolf.com/forum/11-new-catchphrase-suggestions/

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

jyrka posted:

I wish Brett Gelman had said something funny on the anniversary ep. Oh well.

Yeah when he's not doing a character or, even better, deadpanning one of his stories he's a pretty subpar guest.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

I liked it, but unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed the previous musical guests as well.

I really liked it, I didn't even consider that other people would find it annoying or whatever.

I also liked that episode of DLM with Sleeper Agent, bought the album on itunes after hearing it on his show.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

barkingclam posted:

Did anyone else like St. Vincent's music? I think it's one of the better in-studio performances.

I loving love St. Vincent but I didn't care much for the acoustic versions. Her production is a pretty large part of her appeal for me.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Jay Mohr's next podcast should be interesting after those jabs that Bobcat threw out.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

The new CBB poster.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Trujillo posted:

The new CBB poster.

Man I wish I had $18.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
You don't have $18?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I know I don't. Why do you think we listen to free comedy podcasts.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Touché

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Am I missing a reference with the motorcycle guys on the poster? I think I get all the other references.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Could be wrong but I think there was a motorcycle break song for an episode or two before the new studio.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
For some reason I get really bummed out that he never says Clock Soccer-mom anymore. This is what my life has become.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
The fact that Hot Saucerman can pronounce my real name instantly makes him better than most human beings I've known for years. (He gets a pass on my screen name.) Plus, that makes two Would You Rather? questions I've submitted that have made it onto the show -- you all need to pick up the slack!

Also Gillian Jacobs is adorable and Jordan Peele needs to be a regular.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

Dorepoll posted:

For some reason I get really bummed out that he never says Clock Soccer-mom anymore. This is what my life has become.

My least favorite is World Famous Scottobot. That was the only one for months...

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
How does he come up with his nicknames anyway? The only one I know the origin of is "Hot Saucerman", and that's only because I happened upon it listening to old Harris episodes.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Scottrick's best nickname is "Scott"

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I want a Wompler/Jacobs episode so freaking bad

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

A Jessica St. Clair/Gillian Jacobs/Jackie Clarke combo would be amazing.

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

haha, this episode gave me Wompler vibes too.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Adam Scott tweeted a couple days ago that there's going to be a Sjunior/Pieces/Peretti reunion on CBB soon. :aaaaa:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Adam Scott tweeted a couple days ago that there's going to be a Sjunior/Pieces/Peretti reunion on CBB soon. :aaaaa:

I could do without Peretti unless it means the return of Adam Scott doing Persephone the android, but this has me legitimately excited.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

YES

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

SpacePig posted:

I could do without Peretti unless it means the return of Adam Scott doing Persephone the android, but this has me legitimately excited.

A worthy uh
A worthy uh
A worthy uh

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

SpacePig posted:

How does he come up with his nicknames anyway? The only one I know the origin of is "Hot Saucerman", and that's only because I happened upon it listening to old Harris episodes.

Most of his nicknames are from passing comments he makes, either on CBB or other podcasts (i.e., "What's up, hot dog?" from NNF).

For example, this nickname:

The Capm posted:

My least favorite is World Famous Scottobot. That was the only one for months...

...is from this episode.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Where did "The Choctaw" come from? That one's definitely started since I started listening (Gillian Jacobs/Andy Daly) but I don't remember hearing it at any point.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I guess this must have been just me, but I thought Jordan Peele did a hell of a reference when he said he had a 'no concur policy,' which made me think of an 'open door policy.' It was kind of the way he said it, and I'm also making things up.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Coco13 posted:

I guess this must have been just me, but I thought Jordan Peele did a hell of a reference when he said he had a 'no concur policy,' which made me think of an 'open door policy.' It was kind of the way he said it, and I'm also making things up.

No, that was definitely a reference, and it was terrific. Also, he ragged on Gillian for voting too early.

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Max22 posted:

No, that was definitely a reference, and it was terrific. Also, he ragged on Gillian for voting too early.

I love when you can tell guests have paid attention to the show before. I just wish he would have called Scott out for talking over the Would You Rather? music.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Really need an episode where it turns out Gillian is Marissa Wompler's older cousin or something

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I thought Jordan did a great job. It kind of reminded me of Bobby Moynihan's first episode. I hope he becomes a regular.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Did he ever call himself "Stop Clockerman?" I remember thinking that was pretty funny but I might have just made it up in my head.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Little Blue Couch posted:

Did he ever call himself "Stop Clockerman?" I remember thinking that was pretty funny but I might have just made it up in my head.

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

traveling midget posted:

Yes

Thank you