Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I don't understand why the deer has a zombie head stuck on it's antlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Hahahaha that bear totally holding a hand. This is awesome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
This is what that Branden Fraser family comedy from a year ago should have been.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I like to imagine that shotgun barrel keeps going to comedic lengths.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Cartoon Man posted:

This is what that Branden Fraser family comedy from a year ago should have been.

I thought that was already a horror film?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HoldYourFire posted:

I thought that was already a horror film?

Geez, he looks like a Rob Botten creation.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Geez, he looks like a Rob Botten creation.

Now that you mention that, it looks like that kid melting in the '80s remake of The Blob.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

kiimo posted:

Every once in a while you come upon an image that makes you want to just end it all. This falls in that category, not because of a bad photoshop, just because I don't want to live in this world anymore because this exists.

You didn't even grab the worst poster for that movie:

NOTHING makes me want to see a movie more than some girl looking at her loving phone!!

my buddy Superfly fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 14, 2012

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

kiimo posted:

Every once in a while you come upon an image that makes you want to just end it all. This falls in that category, not because of a bad photoshop, just because I don't want to live in this world anymore because this exists.

If it makes you feel better/worse knowing, it's a pretty terrible movie.

ommega
Oct 21, 2010

Vince Videogames posted:

NOTHING makes me want to see a movie more than some girl looking her loving phone!!

As I was scrolling down I thought there was an explosion behind her as she's casually texting.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Vince Videogames posted:

NOTHING makes me want to see a movie more than some girl looking her loving phone!!

Considering the (supposed) target demographic, she's probably having a crazy time and you just can't wait to see what wacky text messages she's getting from her bff!

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Why do they need posters for that movie when they've had viral marketers for it ruining every movie I've been to for the past three years.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Y'know, after Casa de mi Padre, which had no English, and The Artist, which had no words at all, I think audiences are ready for this avant-garde movie which will replace dialogue with texting. Is this also that film where audiences are supposed to send a text at the start to receive supplementary, inner monologue texts from the characterss?

kiimo posted:

I really want to know if the trailer for this has a voice over and the guy reading it has to say "LOL" at the end.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Lobok posted:

I really want to know if the trailer for this has a voice over and the guy reading it has to say "LOL" at the end.

IN THREE DAYS

DISCOVER WHY CRITICS EVERYWHERE ARE SAYING...

"OMG"
"GTFO HLYSHT"
"ROFLMAO"

THE MOST LOLOL FILM SINCE LOLLERSKATES

EL...

"Oh my god no loving way"

OH...

"You just can't trust a text these days"

EL...

"Everyone needs a frienemy"

LOL.

thisfilmisnotyetrated

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The two posters are interesting in how different they are. One poster makes me think it's a movie about two friends who do everything together and go to far away places and are BFF's. The second poster makes me think the LOL is short for Lolita.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

kiimo posted:

thisfilmisnotyetrated

TFINYR.

Kill me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Mister Chief posted:

"Rise of the Mammals Who Are All Relatively Easy to Shoot and Are Probably Mostly Endangered Anyway."

I have a script for a similar movie but where the insects rise up, too. The movie lasts about thirty seconds.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mister Chief posted:

This reminds me I've always wanted to see a Zombie movie from the prespective of animals. Not featuring the animals as zombies as this seems to, but rather the animals just watching humanity fall to poo poo and going "Guess it's ours now!"

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

Vince Videogames posted:

NOTHING makes me want to see a movie more than some girl looking at her loving phone!!

This one was a bomb of epic proportions. Despite a budget reported to be about $11 million, Lionsgate unceremoniously dumped it in about 100 theaters over the May 4-6 weekend (probably because their Hunger Games success would let them eat the loss of production costs, or at least made eating the loss more viable financially than throwing another $10-15 toward trailers, TV spots, prints, etc.)

The result? It made about $44k over the weekend nationwide. That's the amount Avengers averaged... per theater.

http://news.yahoo.com/lol-miley-cyrus-flop-earned-just-440-per-155600224.html

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

CRINDY posted:

This one was a bomb of epic proportions. Despite a budget reported to be about $11 million, Lionsgate unceremoniously dumped it in about 100 theaters over the May 4-6 weekend (probably because their Hunger Games success would let them eat the loss of production costs, or at least made eating the loss more viable financially than throwing another $10-15 toward trailers, TV spots, prints, etc.)

The result? It made about $44k over the weekend nationwide. That's the amount Avengers averaged... per theater.

You know how Disney War had that whole chapter about how Hillary Duff got kicked out of Disney because of her crazy mom's demands and then her career fizzled away without them backing her? It looks like Miley Cyrus is entering that same downward spiral.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Thank you to two posters above me, you've made everything right again.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Lobok posted:

"Rise of the Mammals Who Are All Relatively Easy to Shoot and Are Probably Mostly Endangered Anyway."

I have a script for a similar movie but where the insects rise up, too. The movie lasts about thirty seconds.

Ridiculous. If cartoons have taught me anything it's that if you get all the bugs to swarm in the shape of a larger bug or something they are unstoppable. Sure a few bees are easy enough, but thousands of bees in the shape of a giant bee or a punching fist?! Or millions of fire ants that rise up to form a human shape or monster! Think big Lobok... the insects did...

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

CRINDY posted:

Well, that makes me feel less like :barf:.

Seriously, I hope whoever green lit this learns from it. Mind you, I haven't seen it but if the posters are any indication of the film I am sure it is atrocious.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Why do they need posters for that movie when they've had viral marketers for it ruining every movie I've been to for the past three years.

Not getting enough love. Neither of those posters make me care about that character. Who passes that by and says "Man I wanna watch that girl apathetically text."

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

squarerandom posted:

Not getting enough love. Neither of those posters make me care about that character. Who passes that by and says "Man I wanna watch that girl apathetically text."

Okay, I'll defend the second poster with her on the fuzzy blanket. The movie is Cyrus shaking up her image, with the storyline being about her attempts to lose her virginity. The visual arithmetic in that poster is to show her differently than her Hannah Montana character, and to show her as a girl too involved with her cell phone to even realize that she's supposed to pay attention to the audience; she's too drat self absorbed.

I hate self promoting, but I watched it and was part of that 44k, so here's my review of the movie.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So Robert Rodriguez just uploaded these on to Facebook.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

Vagabundo posted:

So Robert Rodriguez just uploaded these on to Facebook.

Yeeessssss....

:black101:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Let's see. Coriolanus. Shakespeare adaptation.

:clint: Boy, you'd better not give me that artsy-fartsy crap for the Bluray!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Thanks, now I can post about the DVD release in my Coriolanus thread and cause it to edge slightly closer to two pages.

Edit: or maybe I won't bother.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HoldYourFire posted:

Thanks, now I can post about the DVD release in my Coriolanus thread and cause it to edge slightly closer to two pages.

I'll see it soon and post there, I swear!

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Vince Videogames posted:

So is this film title supposed to be as in "laugh out loud" (which everyone, except your gran who has never seen a phone or a computer in her life, knows LOL means) or "lots of love" (which supposedly only David Cameron here in the UK thinks it is)?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

spookygonk posted:

So is this film title supposed to be as in "laugh out loud" (which everyone, except your gran who has never seen a phone or a computer in her life, knows LOL means) or "lots of love" (which supposedly only David Cameron here in the UK thinks it is)?

I think it's the character's nickname.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

HoldYourFire posted:

:lol:

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That was a really good movie that already had great posters. Having said that, putting the guns on it may generate more sales. Have there been studies done on this kind of thing?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

HoldYourFire posted:

Yup. Her name is Lola. So...everyone calls her LOL (Lawl)

gently caress everything about that movie.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

spamman posted:

That was a really good movie that already had great posters. Having said that, putting the guns on it may generate more sales. Have there been studies done on this kind of thing?
The second poster is genuinely great, and while the Blu-Ray cover is pretty abysmal, I'm willing to let it slide if it gets more people to see this movie.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Stare-Out posted:

The second poster is genuinely great, and while the Blu-Ray cover is pretty abysmal, I'm willing to let it slide if it gets more people to see this movie.

Of course. I'm not trying to say it's not effective.

Having said that, I seriously doubt that the movie inferred by that cover is going to please those particular people.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Of course. I'm not trying to say it's not effective.

Having said that, I seriously doubt that the movie inferred by that cover is going to please those particular people.

It's difficult to say. The opening third of the movie might be enough for them. Hopefully then they're intrigued enough to stick with it.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

spookygonk posted:

It ends with LOL spelling out 'Lots of Love' on screen, so that may explain where Cameron got it from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Macaluso posted:

Ridiculous. If cartoons have taught me anything it's that if you get all the bugs to swarm in the shape of a larger bug or something they are unstoppable. Sure a few bees are easy enough, but thousands of bees in the shape of a giant bee or a punching fist?! Or millions of fire ants that rise up to form a human shape or monster! Think big Lobok... the insects did...

We could make the movie last longer by having the insects form all kinds of fun shapes, but I meant the movie was over so quickly because the bugs won instantly.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I wonder how many people would recognize the movie as Shakespeare if they picked this up thinking it was a raucous action film. It's not one of his well-known plays and maybe with the cast, the viewer would just think it's some kind of British talk, like Cockney rhyming slang.