Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Neither my Thor nor my X-Statix books have any binding issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

I think any hesitation regarding buying the X-Statix omnibus comes from how loving huge the thing is, and not in terms of quality. Everyone I've talked to has had binding problems with the similarly-large Simonson Thor omnibus.

I've read my Simonson Thor omnibus cover to cover and it's still in tip top condition. Just don't flop the thing open on the toilet and it'll be fine.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Happy Hippo posted:

Oh hell and drat yes. I've been slowly picking up the Ultimate Spidey OSHCs and was wondering how they were going to cap the whole thing off. I've got the old Barnes & Noble "Ultimate Spider-Man Collection" (basically the same thing as the new Ultimate Spidey Omnibus vol 1 sans #0) then I have the OSHCs. This'll make for nice omnibus sized bookends for my Ultimate Spidey books :hellyeah:

I picked up an extra set of Ultimate Spiderman Vol 9 and 11 hardcovers at BCC a few weeks ago to flip, but I haven't listed them yet due to laziness. I'll give you first dibs if you want

Also good call on getting the B&N special edition HC, I got mine on eBay and it was very much worth it.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Nodoze posted:

I picked up an extra set of Ultimate Spiderman Vol 9 and 11 hardcovers at BCC a few weeks ago to flip, but I haven't listed them yet due to laziness. I'll give you first dibs if you want

Also good call on getting the B&N special edition HC, I got mine on eBay and it was very much worth it.

You got plat?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Happy Hippo posted:

You got plat?

Yep

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Yep

Thanks but upon thinking about it I have decided that money is tight right now so go on and let somebody else grab them. But thank you for the offer!

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.
May well be moving house in the very near future and I think I might combine it with a bit of a purge (well, the other half is telling me I HAVE to get rid of some stuff). Do any UK-ers know the rough cost for posting OSHC's and Omnibuses via Royal Mail?

Ghost Boner
Jul 6, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slipcase-Set-Neil-Gaiman/dp/1401238637

So this has shown up on Amazon. It's a slipcase with all 10 Sandman trades (the new editions).

Whether or not this is real, I don't know. If it is I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ghost Boner posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Sandman-Slipcase-Set-Neil-Gaiman/dp/1401238637

So this has shown up on Amazon. It's a slipcase with all 10 Sandman trades (the new editions).

Whether or not this is real, I don't know. If it is I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

If Amazon has it then it's at least on the publishing schedule. There's no guarantee that it won't be pulled off the schedule later but it's definitely there right now.

I think I prefer my Absolutes in this situation, though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's in the new DC solicits so it's legit.

Illvillainy
Jan 4, 2004

Pants then spaceship. In that order.
I just dropped £105 on Kirby omnibi. Kamandi Vol. 1, OMAC, Cap, and the 2 available paperback volumes of the Fourth World.

I feel simultaneous guilty and not guilty.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Illvillainy posted:

I just dropped £105 on Kirby omnibi. Kamandi Vol. 1, OMAC, Cap, and the 2 available paperback volumes of the Fourth World.

Pretty reasonable price and great reads all around, you made a good choice!

Does anyone know if the Frank Miller Elektra Omnibus is difficult to get ahold of? We've got two just sitting on the shelf...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

Pretty reasonable price and great reads all around, you made a good choice!

Does anyone know if the Frank Miller Elektra Omnibus is difficult to get ahold of? We've got two just sitting on the shelf...

Diamond had them in stock up until early this year, DCBS has like 10 of them on their shelves.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

Rhyno posted:

Diamond had them in stock up until early this year, DCBS has like 10 of them on their shelves.

K, that's what I figured, I just know that the Daredevil omni wasn't too easy to come by and wondered how the Elektra one was doing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

K, that's what I figured, I just know that the Daredevil omni wasn't too easy to come by and wondered how the Elektra one was doing.

Our copies sat on the shelf so long that I bought mine for half price just so we'd move a copy.

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
Rhyno, what is the link to your Amazon store, if that was even you. I have the itch to buy more comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DEVILDOGOOORAH posted:

Rhyno, what is the link to your Amazon store, if that was even you. I have the itch to buy more comics.

Here in my sig! I just did a mass price drop so I should have the lowest price on most everything I have for sale.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Illvillainy posted:

Good purchasing. If you're interested in Kirby himself then I'll also recommend "Kirby: King of Comics" by Mark Evanier. It's a big old coffee-table book that's a bit of a biography with tons of super-size Kirby illustrations. It's really cheap for what it is as well, think you can get it for £12-£13.

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

"Now if you'll excuse me, it's 8 O'clock, Time to get Bizzay"
So I'm getting the impression that the Death of Spider-Man omnibus contains some good stuff? I enjoyed the Ultimate comics but basically stopped paying attention around when everything was re-branded (the ultimates became the ultimate avengers etc.) and I think that was when Spider-Man kicked the bucket too.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jeremys Iron posted:

So I'm getting the impression that the Death of Spider-Man omnibus contains some good stuff? I enjoyed the Ultimate comics but basically stopped paying attention around when everything was re-branded (the ultimates became the ultimate avengers etc.) and I think that was when Spider-Man kicked the bucket too.

No he had around 2 years worth of issues then he died

elcapitanqwerty
Apr 22, 2005

Some do. Most don't. I do.
I'm selling Runaways OSHCs and HC Fourth World Omnibi among other things over in this thread, if anyone is interested.

elcapitanqwerty fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 23, 2012

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
It seems the third and fourth Hellboy hardcovers are low at Amazon. Are they sold out at Diamond?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uthor posted:

It seems the third and fourth Hellboy hardcovers are low at Amazon. Are they sold out at Diamond?

Nope.

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

Hey team, my first 5x5 Expedit will be arriving later this week and I'm clearing out my bookshelves in preparation for its arrival. Out of curiosity does anyone know the internal measurements of the cubes? Trying to work out what I can fit in it as I may look to put some modular lego buildings in one or two of them because if I'm going to have a shamelessly nerdy bookshelf I may as well embrace it and fill it with children's toys as well as picture books.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A quick measure tells me they are 12.5" x 12.5" x 13" deep.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man
13.25" x 13.25" x 15.25" deep for mine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mine is a 4x4. Also, the tape measure I used is for body measurements, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's not quite right while flat (the part that holds the tape is, itself, counted in the measurement, and it's curved).

Jeremys Iron
Aug 18, 2006

Thanks both - seems like the Market Street building will fit but no joy with any of the others, still more space for giant comic books and whatnot.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I just fished Incognito: The Classified Edition and Powers: The Definitive Collection - Volume 5 on Amazon. Nice.
I like how Powers has kept its original price point.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

So how are the New 52 trades?

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

PelvicNerve posted:

I just fished Incognito: The Classified Edition and Powers: The Definitive Collection - Volume 5 on Amazon. Nice.
I like how Powers has kept its original price point.

Criminal: Deluxe 2 is also listed yesss.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

^burtle posted:

So how are the New 52 trades?

I only have the Animal Man one so far and it's just a basic trade. The top of the spine seems to be color coded based on what group it belongs to like The Dark or The Edge.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

TheManWithNoName posted:

I only have the Animal Man one so far and it's just a basic trade. The top of the spine seems to be color coded based on what group it belongs to like The Dark or The Edge.

Is it numbered? This really shouldn't be something that we need to ask, but I haven't bothered looking at the new 52 trades close at all.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

bairfanx posted:

Is it numbered? This really shouldn't be something that we need to ask, but I haven't bothered looking at the new 52 trades close at all.

Yes it is numbered, same with the Batman HC.

bairfanx
Jan 20, 2006

I look like this IRL,
but, you know,
more Greg Land-y.

wildlele posted:

Yes it is numbered, same with the Batman HC.

I really hope this isn't just an accident on DC's part, but rather a trend that continues.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

TheManWithNoName posted:

It's criminal that animal man didn't get a hardcover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Karnegal posted:

It doesn't generate the sales to demand one sadly. Maybe we'll get a 12 issue hardcover in the future.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Death by design sure looks fantastic. Can't wait to dive into it tonight!

BioTech
Feb 5, 2007
...drinking myself to sleep again...

Rhyno posted:

It doesn't generate the sales to demand one sadly. Maybe we'll get a 12 issue hardcover in the future.

Karnegal posted:

I bought the trade and didn't really enjoy it. What do you guys like about it?

While there are some really pretty things in there, I didn't like most of the art and the story seems to be crawling. I feel that in the whole trade nothing happened but "there is a bad thing, lets run from it" on repeat for page after page.

I love Sweet Tooth and bought this because of Lemire's name on it, but felt very disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

BioTech posted:

I bought the trade and didn't really enjoy it. What do you guys like about it?

While there are some really pretty things in there, I didn't like most of the art and the story seems to be crawling. I feel that in the whole trade nothing happened but "there is a bad thing, lets run from it" on repeat for page after page.

I love Sweet Tooth and bought this because of Lemire's name on it, but felt very disappointed.

I think Animal Man works much better when you pair it with its buddy Swamp Thing every month. Reading those two one after another and getting the titles' different perspectives really helps build the drama of this growing, massive threat the Rot poses. It's not just Buddy dealing with this crazy thing, the entire Green is freaking out, and I like the disparity between one small family's viewpoint, and basically the Earth's.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 30, 2012