Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I kind of abruptly lost interest, I just can't get into 8man pvp as much anymore. Or like madpanda said the process of finding a group for it. There's still so many awesome things about the game, but it really needs a realm population balance mechanic. Also, gently caress Albion.

I had a lot of fun with Cult, our pvp and pve groups were good times. Thanks a lot for all the help waffle's, you two and the other officers provided a lot of help, answered so many questions and Wafflewifyn spellcrafted like 20 items for me!

My friend I used to play with started up over the weekend so if he sticks around I won't completely quit, just obviously I'm not around much now. Although it seems Stunna and others might be on break too. I have the GFM Ora gave me and I'd like to get it back to him sometime or maybe I can put it in a locked vault? As well as some other items. Hopefully I'll see some of you in the near future.

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
I was getting pretty burnt out on druiding and 8v8 pretty much just because of the pain in the rear end it is to find groups sometimes, so really enjoying the hunter where I've already made it to 4L5 just soloing/duoing/goofing around. But I probably won't be playing much come D3 time either

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Sorry to hear Mid wasn't as much fun. I always toyed with the idea of creating a Mid whenever I got frustrated with Hib, but I haven't brought myself to try it. Waffle and I are still playing Xenoblade for now. We're really curious how the Elder Scrolls MMO will stack up against DAoC, PvP-wise.

Opinionated, you earned the GFM, so keep it! :) We still talk to Ora and I guarantee he didn't give it to you as a loan.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Rift is dropping hints about adding a third faction as well apparently

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
Thats what you get for going over to the darkside.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The Elder Scrolls MMO is actually being headed by Matt Firor, who was a huge part of early DAoC's success so its something to keep an eye on. How much room they give him to try and set up a proper RvR system, ala DAoC, is really what will make or break it.

Ill just keep chugging along in here until then though since no other MMO companies seem to understand that 10v10 BGs and queues are annoying. Why didnt anyone tell me Warden was so much fun in Molvik? And I think I found an Alb class other than Friar that I might be able to stick with, Heretic. I still feel so dirty playing it though. :(

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I am probably going to be taking an indefinite break (though I always come back). The girlfriend is on her summer break, so I don't have to entertain myself while she studies.

Stunna, if you see this, were you the one that gave me the Halloween hat and ml10 spear? And do you want it back?

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

For diablo 3 my battletag is Benevicious#1896

Going to run through normal solo but i'd be up for grouping in the higher levels.

this is splahterhouse

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

My poo poo is kazvall @ hotmail .com for diablo3 friends.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
schepps#1826 or jenn.brashier @ gmail nerds

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
So I've been totally burned out of DAoC for a while now, anyone want my stuff?

I'm also trying my hardest to avoid buying D3 on an impulse until summer is over, but everyone else is doing it...

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm so sorry old friend. This new friend I got, well its like we've known each other for years. I put the time in and I get everything, you only give me what I pay for...

Bah, I'll keep coming back until they release Elder Scrolls Online.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
I'm probably not getting D3, but thankfully Torchlight 2 is almost here! The Waffleses are definitely getting copies of that.

If anyone has Steam, you should be able to find me as ButtaKnife.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I'm playing D3 as Pronk#1275, so you culties that are playing should add me. I'll be woefully behind everyone since I just got the game yesterday and I leave for a week's vacation in the morning but hey whatever.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

I'm not getting D3 either. Torchlight 2 all the way.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Sorry to hijack the DAoC thread, but just wanted you guys to know you can join any normal game, even on act 4, even if you just started. (d3)

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Has anyone been playing since they made the changes to New Frontiers? I've been a little too nervous to try it out but I'd love to hear any opinions.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

What did they do?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

What did they do?

Basically, there are no more relic temples. Each realm holds their relics in the closest two keeps to the border keeps (Ail and Scath for Hib, for example). Those keeps are no longer claimable, but you can still port to them if the towers are owned by your realm. For each of your realm's keeps that your realm owns, a number of high purple guards are spawned in both of those relic keeps. It's like the old frontiers and the keep named relic guards, except now they're called Elite Envoys. So, you have to take those keeps like normal to get the relics of another realm, and now you can't take relics through PoC. I also don't think you can boat any more. You *have* to run it back across Agramon.

It sounds like an interesting blend of OF relics with NF, but the population is probably still the biggest problem for DAoC right now.

Patch 1.112 notes (for those changes): http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/game-update-1112
First relic take video: http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/first-successful-1112-relic-raid-video

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This sounds about 5 years too late, but also really fun. Next time I'm up for some free time I'll try this out and make a report. Just can't afford to pay for DAoC anymore. Still, it's the only MMO I WOULD pay for.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Anyone still playing this?

"Dark Age of Camelot - Welcome - kazvall
Congratulations, your account is eligible for 14 Free Days!"

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Anyone still playing this?

"Dark Age of Camelot - Welcome - kazvall
Congratulations, your account is eligible for 14 Free Days!"

We're not at the moment, but will probably hop back in the game for a bit once work and things calm down a bit. :)

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

We're not at the moment, but will probably hop back in the game for a bit once work and things calm down a bit. :)

Well, let me know. I can use this whenever. I'd like to RvR, but not with a bunch of people I don't know.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hate to bump this dying thread... but, I thought I'd try some RvR out this weekend. If anyone wants to join me, you would be welcome. I'll probably fill this post in with more details on the new content if no one else posts after me.

I need some fun times before Planetside 2 beta starts!

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Hate to bump this dying thread... but, I thought I'd try some RvR out this weekend. If anyone wants to join me, you would be welcome. I'll probably fill this post in with more details on the new content if no one else posts after me.

I need some fun times before Planetside 2 beta starts!

Oh no, I don't know if the Waffleses will be able to join you while your 14-day is active. Have you been playing much? I'm curious how RvR seems now.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

Oh no, I don't know if the Waffleses will be able to join you while your 14-day is active. Have you been playing much? I'm curious how RvR seems now.

I got caught up with some ol' bullshit along with being sick. So, I haven't activated yet. Was actually hoping someone would pop in here and play with me, hehe.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

I got caught up with some ol' bullshit along with being sick. So, I haven't activated yet. Was actually hoping someone would pop in here and play with me, hehe.

Depending on what happens this weekend, we *might* be able to, otherwise it's not going to be for a couple of weeks. Silly work obligations. We'll let you guys know when we re-sub! At worst, we have to resub within the next 40ish days so we don't lose our bots' houses. :)

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I've got 14 days free on one account and nothing to do for a few hours if you wanna raid some bgs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

I've got 14 days free on one account and nothing to do for a few hours if you wanna raid some bgs.

Sorry I missed this. Been real sucked into DayZ lately.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Just a quick update on our end - It looks like we'll hop back in-game after Aug 17. If anyone wants to use their 14 days starting on the 18th or something, we'd be up for playing.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Holy crap, new patch notes up at http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/version-1113b-comes-pendragon

In a nutshell:
- Casted resistance buffs now last 30 minutes (even champ ones!), but they're limited to 4000 units from the caster, so stealthers can't rely on those as much.
- Resist debuff spells have had their values lowered about 5% so magic damage should go down slightly.
- Wardens get a new anti-pet RR5!
- Realm buff NPCs now have resistance buff tokens
- Lots of tweaks to Champs, Thanes, and Maulers

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, did you activate? How many people are playing now?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Kazvall posted:

Hey, did you activate? How many people are playing now?

We did reactivate, but haven't been online much yet. I imagine it's still quiet in-game, though we should still be able to get a group going, especially if everyone else in the thread wakes up and comes back... :)

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
it seems as if my 14 days are up again. I'm reactivating and playing since I've already gotten bored with gw2

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
I've been playing GW2, and am still having fun...

However the taste of WvW made me remember the awesome time I used to have in RvR so many years ago. I was hoping I could experience it again but I have no idea what my login info used to be (I quit when WoW launched, and I don't think they used email account names).

Any chance I can get my account back if all I know are the different names/levels and realm ranks of the characters of that account spread over 3 servers? Don't feel like starting a fresh account.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

nousername posted:

it seems as if my 14 days are up again. I'm reactivating and playing since I've already gotten bored with gw2

Awesome! I've been logging in most nights lately just in case people log in, so if you're on Hib, do /who waffle or /who grrsnatch to see if I have a character logged in.

Evernoob posted:

I've been playing GW2, and am still having fun...

However the taste of WvW made me remember the awesome time I used to have in RvR so many years ago. I was hoping I could experience it again but I have no idea what my login info used to be (I quit when WoW launched, and I don't think they used email account names).

Any chance I can get my account back if all I know are the different names/levels and realm ranks of the characters of that account spread over 3 servers? Don't feel like starting a fresh account.

Probably, though you're going to (unfortunately) need to talk to EA support for it. I think your best bet is to call and explain the situation. Even though email addresses weren't used for the account names back then, the account should still have an email address of yours associated with it, so it would help to have some idea of what it might be when you talk to them. Good luck! It will probably be a bit of a hassle, but worth it to get the account back.

If anyone wants to try to organize some night to log on and play (RvR, PvE, whatever) just let me know!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hey, sorry I flaked out. Getting into Planetside 2 beta was the cause of this. I'm sure I'll be in after the next character wipe.

E: I saw CopperHound on ps2 beta, so I'll look for him, too!

Evernoob
Jun 21, 2012
So I contacted daoc support telling them :

-I have no idea what my account name used to be.
-I only remember char name/server of 2 of my characters.
-The credit card information I have no idea of since a friend was paying for me back then before I had a CC.
-I haven't played in about 7 years.

Only accurate information I was able to provide was my birth date and my telephone number at that time (which since then has changed twice due to new jobs). And my country/city.

I thought I had virtually no chance of recovery when I got this mail :

"Now that we have verified your account, we ask that you designate a current email so that you may successfully complete the password recovery process. (The account in question either has no email or an outdated email on file.)

Please respond at your earliest convenience and advise us which email you would like applied to the account. Once you have done so, we will update the accounts, allowing you to recover them through the Account Management site."

It only took me about an hour from my first email to get to this point. Who said their customer support was crap?

Ok, first wait and see... but at the moment I'm installing again :)

AgentAssmann
Oct 2, 2012
I can't believe this game is still going! It was the second MMO I ever played and still to this day was the best pvp concept ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EllEssDee
Aug 20, 2008

Santa is a trip!
I just jumped in for a little bit to re-experience the RvR. Nobody is really in the low level RvR's anymore (which makes sense). At what level range do they start to get more densely populated? It's been more than a decade since I've played this game. So many new thingss

• Locked thread