Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

SanitysEdge posted:

I drive with a GT2 with sim steering at 720 degrees and it seems fine to me. I turned drift to 0 which helps predictability. Has anyone tried sim steering since the last patch or so? Are you turning on the xbox before the wheel?

I've got near the same setup as you, but I put the radius at 540 degrees. I might put it to 270 though, after all the endorsements here. I race it in sim mode all the time, because although it's not perfect and is really hard sometimes, Normal mode is just too dull. Always turn on the xbox before the wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

xzzy posted:

I don't think the boxster was posted, no. Which is the way it should be. That car needs to be erased from history.
I wouldn't mind the boxster spyder:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Jarf posted:

Oh hey

Carrera GT

The Goon Prix Championship winning car is BACK.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

TravBot posted:

I checked my S class selection immediately before jumping into the hopper, because I remembered having a surprisingly small selection last time I had played in the ABC'S, so I know it wasn't that. I just have no idea why cars would just disappear like that.

This is from the previous page but it wasn't resolved.

Anyway, with ABCS, the S class is supercar body type only. I find it to be stupid as gently caress, but what can you do.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

jadebullet posted:

This is from the previous page but it wasn't resolved.

Anyway, with ABCS, the S class is supercar body type only. I find it to be stupid as gently caress, but what can you do.

That is stupid as gently caress. Also, why isn't the 360 CS a supercar? :psyduck:

Guess I have to tune my 430 to not-autocross or something. Lame.

Thank you for the help.

Minijaka
Apr 6, 2006
I'm so original.

Jarf posted:

Oh hey

Carrera GT

One of the few cars that I keep the stock exhausts on. The sound is so unique.

Kafouille
Nov 5, 2004

Think Fast !

GutBomb posted:

Yeah I didn't get a fanatec wheel to have a wheel that only turns 270 degrees. It's fine for an F1 car but not for a game like this.

Also I played with the wheel both before and after the patch. I played on nothing but sim until about a month ago and it just wasn't any fun because maybe I'm a lovely driver (yeah i'm really not that great) I couldn't catch the back AT ALL in sim after the patch. Before the patch it was slightly easier because when turning the wheel it wasn't linear. Making small corrections could prevent a spin with little 1 hand flicks of the wheel in the direction of the slide, not very precise, and it would 80% of the time prevent a spin. After the patch I don't think I've been able to save myself from a spin in sim without slowing WAY down. It may be more realistic (but as the fanatec ceo says it's not for a 900 degree wheel) but it just wasn't fun and I want to have challenging fun, not constant annoyance and frustration which drives me to play other games. I want to play a game that feels realistic to me and 900 degrees on normal with drift at 2 feels more realistic to me than 270 degrees on sim steering.

I also play GT5, iRacing, and F1 2011 (which I do play in 270 mode because that's what a f1 car does) and Forza 4 in sim mode is the only one that was actually frustrating and I play all of those with the assists off and whatever their "realistic" steering setting is. iRacing I certainly do spin a lot but catching the back isn't impossible like it is for me in Forza/sim.

You couldn't catch the back at all because it's utterly broken, they did fix the sensivity issues on countersteering with the patch but it just revealed the underlying linearity problems. On 270° it actually works, because it considers the wheel to be an MS wheel, putting it higher seems to change the game's behavior and it completely screws up. Normal is nice and all but it feels so utterly dead it's not fun and i'm willing to lose the 900° so i can drive something that doesn't feel like it's driving on carpet.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Does Forza have surround sound, or is it just terrible? I finally have a proper 5.1 set up and this is the only game that doesn't sound right. I just assumed it did since the sound is so good otherwise.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
So this is probably a really stupid question, but I'm using the madcatz wheel (my fanatec is on the way) and I'm wondering if there's a way to bounce back to a controller to check out autovista and paint/sticker cars without logging in and out of my account every time.

What am I missing?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

21 minutes late, for shame - second P-car today is the 1982 930.

Still no picture of it on their facebook, but hey, if you don't already know what a 930 Turbo looks like, you're doing it wrong.

IOwnCalculus fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 16, 2012

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Use the dea setting on the wheel menu. Either 010 or 020 with wheel sens at 720 dri at 002

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

IOwnCalculus posted:

21 minutes late, for shame - second P-car today is the 1982 930.

Still no picture of it on their facebook, but hey, if you don't already know what a 930 Turbo looks like, you're doing it wrong.
I love the look of the 930, so much. It's such a classic design. For me, when I think Porsche that's what comes to mind. :D

Bentai fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 16, 2012

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

A timeless classic IMO:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Seriously, that's the kind of body styling I spent large chunks of my youth slobbering over.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

xzzy posted:

Seriously, that's the kind of body styling I spent large chunks of my youth slobbering over.

drat, that car is pretty.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I seriously believe the 930 might be the perfect 911.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Deeters posted:

Does Forza have surround sound, or is it just terrible? I finally have a proper 5.1 set up and this is the only game that doesn't sound right. I just assumed it did since the sound is so good otherwise.

It does have surround sound, but it's only mediocre. The only time it really shines is when driving a rear engined car, IMO.

e: Ether Frenzy is absolutely right, camera view plays a big part in how Forza sounds.

AnimalChin posted:

So this is probably a really stupid question, but I'm using the madcatz wheel (my fanatec is on the way) and I'm wondering if there's a way to bounce back to a controller to check out autovista and paint/sticker cars without logging in and out of my account every time.

What am I missing?

Going from wheel -> controller:
Turn off wheel's power (unplug or button), then turn on controller.

Going from controller -> wheel:
Pull battery pack off controller, then turn on wheel (or activate Xbox mode with a Fanatec).

If you have any other controllers on at any time, or the controller and wheel on at the same time, it will mess everything up. Keep this in mind, and you can save a lot of time. Timed right, you can get the controller on just as the wheel turns off, so it's near seamless.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 16, 2012

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GOD IS BED posted:

It does have surround sound, but it's only mediocre. The only time it really shines is when driving a rear engined car, IMO.

I think it's worth noting that if you're driving in anything but Cockpit/Hood cam view, the majority of your own engine noise will be in the front channels.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

captainOrbital posted:

Nice; I'm down with CGT. How many of these things are left to announce? I'm still hoping for a 917 and a 928. And a 356.
Something tells me if the 917 is in, it will be the last car announced. Gotta save the best for last. I also think we're going to start seeing more and more unique cars and maybe only one or two more reskins or cars so close they might as well be the same.

JingleBells posted:

A timeless classic IMO:

The Widowmaker. I paint mine black and put a big red hourglass on the roof.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

The only reason I hold hope for any 917 making an appearance is the fact that they managed to work the Ferrari 312 ever-so-wonderfully into the game, and it seems wrong that the 312 wouldn't have any of its contemporaries to race against.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

IOwnCalculus posted:

The only reason I hold hope for any 917 making an appearance is the fact that they managed to work the Ferrari 312 ever-so-wonderfully into the game, and it seems wrong that the 312 wouldn't have any of its contemporaries to race against.

Same here. I'd heard talk that the open back of the 917 and the inability to model moving suspension is what prohibited them from including it in the first place -- and then along came the 312 that quietly put that notion to rest. I even played with the car extensively in photo mode to see how they faked it -- the suspension doesn't move, so they just "float" it inside the wheel.

It would be a shame to not have the 917 to race against that and the original GT40.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

JingleBells posted:

A timeless classic IMO:

omg omg omg please please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE include Rauh-Welt aero as an option.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Screw that, I want slantnose aero

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Q_res posted:

Screw that, I want slantnose aero

God yes. 930 Slantnose is so, so drat gorgeous.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Ether Frenzy and anyone with a Fanatec wheel, do me a favor.

Try the following IN GAME settings (as in Forza advanced controller options)

Deadzone outside: 67

Set your wheel to 900 deg, set FF to between 70 and 100, put DRI mode to 002, leave all else default.

This seems to really help sort out the linearity. It's not 900 deg anymore, more like 600 or so... but it feels very good.

Using sim steering mode.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
There isn't going to be a 928 is there?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've been using sum mode steering since launch with a controller. I wasn't aware anyone used anything different. I can catch over steer and hold a drift etc perfectly fine. Not sure what to think of the issues others are having.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Really wanted to race the trans am race tonight. Instead I am stuck at an Encana camp while the drilling crew tries to problem solve a well. I might be here for a couple days.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
AUGR Trans-AM week 3 results

Heat 1 - Sebring Full

00fresh
Gathering Quill
SAPopeOnARope
whatcubed3
Boaz MacPherson
TheCowboyJoe
aardmania
GutBomb420

Heat 2 - Infineon Nascar

00fresh
TheCowboyJoe
Gathering Quill
Boaz MacPherson
whatcubed3
SAPopeOnARope
aardmania
GutBomb420
Quad741 [DNF]
MattD1zzl3 [DNF]

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

GOD IS BED posted:

e: Ether Frenzy is absolutely right, camera view plays a big part in how Forza sounds.

Going from wheel -> controller:
Turn off wheel's power (unplug or button), then turn on controller.

Going from controller -> wheel:
Pull battery pack off controller, then turn on wheel (or activate Xbox mode with a Fanatec).

If you have any other controllers on at any time, or the controller and wheel on at the same time, it will mess everything up. Keep this in mind, and you can save a lot of time. Timed right, you can get the controller on just as the wheel turns off, so it's near seamless.

Awesome. Thank you.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

I think it's worth noting that if you're driving in anything but Cockpit/Hood cam view, the majority of your own engine noise will be in the front channels.

I don't know if I just wasn't hearing it, but I could when I tried again. I bounced off a few guardrails and cars next to me. I guess I was just expecting it to be louder.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

A few photos (involving me) from the AUGR Trans-Am Sebring race:

Boaz getting juuust a bit loose in turn 3, TheCowboyJoe & 00Fresh on the outside, with my Cuda burping fire.

Boaz, 00Fresh and myself coming through turn 10, with me trying to recover from oversteer.

This one is my favorite. Chasing down SAPopeOnARope into the braking zone for turn 7.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Bentai posted:

A few photos (involving me) from the AUGR Trans-Am Sebring race:

Boaz getting juuust a bit loose in turn 3, TheCowboyJoe & 00Fresh on the outside, with my Cuda burping fire.

Boaz, 00Fresh and myself coming through turn 10, with me trying to recover from oversteer.

This one is my favorite. Chasing down SAPopeOnARope into the braking zone for turn 7.

THE BRAKES, ZHEY DO NOTHING.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Edmund Honda and I have been putting rivals mode to it's full use for the easy racers monthly rivals. We started off doing 1:45s, now it's into the 1:43s.

War Bunny
Jul 7, 2009

I don't silflay at this time, sir.

jonathan posted:

Carrol would put a 100 dollar bill on the dash. He'd take a passenger out for a test drive. If the passenger could grab the bill before the car reached 60mph, he could have the bill.

My friend's dad would do this (with a $20 though) in his AMC AMX.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I cannot wait for more info on this!

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

That looks heavenly. Good god.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Steve McScene posted:

If it looks that good and has the handling of Forza 4, I'm in. But if it handles like NFS HP I won't bother. Or if its anything like TDU2.

But god I hope its good.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If it has the handling of forza 4 and a city I can drift around I will give them all of my money ever.
I'm assuming they'll use the same physics surely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Steve McScene posted:

drat, beat me to it. I just saw this a second ago, and got really excited! So glad our assumptions turned out correct that it is an open world driving sim.

• Locked thread