Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter: Meh. Miyata vs. Itagaki setup. Mary Sue vs. Ippo's True Love Interest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Fabricated posted:

New Chapter: Meh. Miyata vs. Itagaki setup. Mary Sue vs. Ippo's True Love Interest?

I am way more interested in that fight than in watching Aoki and Kimura lose or win again.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I thought Miyata went up a weight-class? It's been 12 years since I started reading this I don't even know the storylines going anymore.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I'm pretty sure he's the same weight class for whatever stupid reason he has (was for fighting Ippo but we all know how that turned out) but certainly would have no reason to fight Itagaki either way if he has a brain since he's probably about to move on to the world before Ippo like everyone else will. Really makes me want some more information on how Volg is doing. That dude was awesome.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 973

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Goddamn it. Freaking Itagaki gets to bullshit his way through to a win and the old crew get shat on. Again. They'll NEVER catch a break, and that sucks because they're a thousand times more likable than Itagaki.

ANIME AKBAR
Jan 25, 2007

afu~
gently caress this trash.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I've never gone from hyped to crushed in one panel. When they said he wasn't mud wrestling, I was super hype to see some determination and will from a non-god character. Nope!

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

I like the Mashiba stuff. In character and true!

I really hope that Kimura and Aoki retire. If they both lose, it's the only thing that makes sense at this point.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ahahah, it's funny how Morikawa has 2 characters that people root for and they are always losing while the guys everybody hates (not Takamura) keep on winning in the most BS way possible.

And, since Aoki and Kimura can actually lose he could even have some tension in the fights but nah, it's 3 panel fights for you all. Aoki is going to win

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Aoki and Kimura. Forever stuck in secondary character hell.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It doesn't really make much sense for them to continue as pros, but having either of them retire would change the status quo and we can't have that.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

You're all missing out on that Aoki and Kimuras coach is going to be replaced by Aoki and Kimura :colbert:

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Chapter 974

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Hmmm, it would be interesting if this lead to something like Aoki being seriously injured or killed in the ring, which could spark the rest of the characters to actually do stuff.
But I seriously doubt Morikawa would don something like that, and it's not really the kinda manga for stuff like that anyways.

I at least hope Aoki pulls of a win here.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What is this? A fight that can go either way? Aoki is gonna win In my Ippo? Blasphemy!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

What happened to this guy?

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Chapter 975

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Eeevil posted:

What happened to this guy?

he pooped in the ring

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Vagrancy posted:

Chapter 975

So that other guy's about to die right?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Vagrancy posted:

Chapter 975

Based on Kimura and Aoki's fights (thus far), the manga should be titled Hajime no Ippo: Determination Counts For Nothing

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, he's getting pummeled and is totally outclassed. Therefore, he will win.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Counterpoint, he is Aoki, one of the manga's perennial losers that exists for comic relief and making the rast of the casts constant wins seem less bullshit.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I hope they actually kill Aoki and then in shock, Ippo is determined to get the world championship title and then Morikawa stops beating us by dragging this on.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hortism posted:

Counterpoint, he is Aoki, one of the manga's perennial losers that exists for comic relief and making the rast of the casts constant wins seem less bullshit.

Counter-counterpoint: The other dude insulted his girlfriend. He is screwed man, totally screwed.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

trucutru posted:

Counter-counterpoint: The other dude insulted his girlfriend. He is screwed man, totally screwed.

Counter-counter-counterpoint: we're still reading HnI, so the only sure losers are us.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

MadRhetoric posted:

Counter-counter-counterpoint: we're still reading HnI, so the only sure losers are us.

The truest statement in this entire thread.

Lectim
Jan 2, 2010
New chapter!
This is your regular reminder that the comic should just be Takamura loving poo poo up.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
RIP.

More Takamura is always a good thing.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Do you realize how incredibly boring it's going to get when Kimura and Aoki retire?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Do you realize how incredibly boring it's going to get when Kimura and Aoki retire?

Whaaaaaaat? How could HnI ever become boring? That's just crazy talk.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Aaargh, I hate this arc. None of the characters I liked (Saeki and Aoki) deserved what they get. I don't know why I keep reading this manga chapter after chapter.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

toanoradian posted:

I don't know why I keep reading this manga chapter after chapter.

Because we're Takamura's bitch. And we will whine like dogs until the end of time.

Yabari
May 14, 2002
Don Juan Delanooch
Looks to me that Takamura's talking about having Ippo move up to Aoki's weight class, or perhaps Kimura.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

It is more than likely going to be Kimura. Did you see how mad he was?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Now that the Aoki-gumi has fused together they're out for revenge.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Yabari posted:

Looks to me that Takamura's talking about having Ippo move up to Aoki's weight class, or perhaps Kimura.

Theres no way Ippo could do that, Ippo doesnt even struggle to stay in his own.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

KoB posted:

Theres no way Ippo could do that, Ippo doesnt even struggle to stay in his own.

If you want to go for the really crazy, Takamura will do it himself. But there's no way he'll ever make weight. Maybe Sendo? He's larger than Ippo and we haven't seen him in a while.

Yabari
May 14, 2002
Don Juan Delanooch

Centzon Totochtin posted:

If you want to go for the really crazy, Takamura will do it himself. But there's no way he'll ever make weight. Maybe Sendo? He's larger than Ippo and we haven't seen him in a while.

But a fight with Sendo wouldn't have any impact on us, because he's not associated with Aoki. It would have to be someone either from their gym or in his weight class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Are you kidding? It's so obvious I'm shocked there's even discussion. You guys do remember that Kimura stays a weight-class lower because of Aoki, right?