Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

traveling midget posted:

Yes

Did he ever call himself tick tockerman or pad lockerman or hickory dickory dockerman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon

Al! posted:

Did he ever call himself tick tockerman or pad lockerman or hickory dickory dockerman?

Or Shot Glockerman or Pot Smokerman or Stock Marketman?

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Or "Scott, Harlequin! Said the TicktAukerman".

I want a partial credit on that.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Perhaps Motts Applesaucerman?

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Hurt Lockerman

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Ad Rockerman.

"Everybody come and GATHER! Now it's time for Would You RATHER!"

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Doc Spockerman

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
He has to have used Hard Cockerman by now, right?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think my favorite was when he introduced himself as Skit to Werzer Herzog. I wish PFT had stuck with that the whole episode.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Requesting the following:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Rapidly Going Deaf > Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast - a worthy uh

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo, Gillian Jacobs is a wonderful young lady. I like Doc Auk.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Scottie Ocks is on the new Doug Loves Movies
Also, Gelmania

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Trujillo posted:

The new CBB poster.

The moment I saw the poster of the horn players the Would You Rather theme started playing in my head.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Holy crap, Alison Brie, Bob Odenkirk and Jason Mantzoukas. Is it my birthday?

e: holy poo poo Odenkirk is playing Saul Goodman. Not a spoiler - Aukerman says it in the opening.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 09:23 on May 21, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Scott used my catchphrase! I only just submitted it this week, but I guess he liked it! I really like Jason Mantzoukas, too, so this was a good episode.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SpacePig posted:

Scott used my catchphrase! I only just submitted it this week, but I guess he liked it! I really like Jason Mantzoukas, too, so this was a good episode.

Jesus, dude, how long did that take to write?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Poopy Palpy posted:

Jesus, dude, how long did that take to write?

The better part of an hour, as I am not an accurate typist. I'm glad he let the guests speak before they were introduced so it could work.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Tying Sal into the catchphrase felt a bit shoehorned at first but paid off in the end, amazing work SpacePig!

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
Thanks, SpacePig, for writing a catch phrase that required CBB to bring in Saul Goodman.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The show only being a few minutes long really sucked though. Pretty lazy on Aukerman's part I thought.

Kodo
Jul 20, 2003

THIS IS HOW YOUR CANDIDATE EATS CINNAMON ROLLS, KODO
chief quif

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
Google: The best way to Bing-It.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
how come Jason gets to clumsily eat Alison Brie's pussy and I don't? Life isn't fair :(

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

dancehall posted:

how come Jason gets to clumsily eat Alison Brie's pussy and I don't? Life isn't fair :(

He really isn't good at it though.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
IFC just posted a full episode of the CBB TV show on their page. Amy Poehler, David Koechner and Don Dimello, theatrical director.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I just started listening to this podcast today, and started with the Alison Brie/Jason Mantzoukas episode. I don't think I've laughed that consistently hard throughout a podcast before. So glad this thread introduced me to the show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I like Jason Mantzoukas a lot, but he suffers from the same thing Jordan Morris does: sometimes when he delivers a one liner, all you can hear is how incredibly amused he is with his own joke, rather than hearing the joke itself.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Lamuella posted:

I like Jason Mantzoukas a lot, but he suffers from the same thing Jordan Morris does: sometimes when he delivers a one liner, all you can hear is how incredibly amused he is with his own joke, rather than hearing the joke itself.

I definitely get what you mean, but I think Jason earns it a lot more than Jordan does. That's my least favorite part of Jason showing up on CBB but I still get excited when I see he's going to appear. He's really great at escalating improv when he's on with a character.

That said, I'm glad they didn't try to push Saul Goodman into crazy "every Andy Daly character committing suicide" territory. He's the comic relief of Breaking Bad, but he's still a semi-real person on there, and I'm glad they kept that intact.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

plastered quack posted:

IFC just posted a full episode of the CBB TV show on their page. Amy Poehler, David Koechner and Don Dimello, theatrical director.

I was pretty disappointed in this, sadly. I feel like Don Dimello is hanging back, I think the Reggie Watts movie trailer was gross and not that funny and that David Koechner does almost nothing.

I have to rate this episode a nose out of 5. I hope it improves a bit. I want good things for my little Tabletop.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

plastered quack posted:

I loved this. It kind of has the feeling of a demented Saturday morning kids show.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

qbert posted:

I just started listening to this podcast today, and started with the Alison Brie/Jason Mantzoukas episode. I don't think I've laughed that consistently hard throughout a podcast before. So glad this thread introduced me to the show.

If you don't want to slog your way through every episode from the beginning, here's a list of episodes you should listen to first just because they're so good: Any episode with Andy Daly in it (except the earliest because he's only in it for maybe 10 minutes), Time Bobby, Farts and Procreation, A worthy uhhh, The Halloween episode from two years ago, The Premiere of Bob Ducca, Brett Gelman's first episode, The John C. Reiley v. John Hamm act-off, Baby's first episode. And for me any episode with James Adomian but lately his episodes have been hit or miss.

Edit: Also if you listen to the Andy Daly episodes, you don't have to listen to them in order, but just make sure his latest, Wipeout, is the last one you listen to. You'll know why after you hear it.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 24, 2012

Shovelbearer
Oct 11, 2003
Paragon of Lexicon
My highest recommendation is Episode 103: These Times They Are A-Changin'. Reggie Watts is incredible on it (including off-handedly creating what stands as the theme song to this day) and it announced the name change to CBB from CDR, as well as the creation of Professor Blastoff. It's like a part of the Earwolf Rosetta Stone. Bonus: Andy Daly, James Adomian, Tig Notaro, Paul Scheer, Nick Kroll.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Trujillo posted:

If you don't want to slog your way through every episode from the beginning, here's a list of episodes you should listen to first just because they're so good: Any episode with Andy Daly in it (except the earliest because he's only in it for maybe 10 minutes), Time Bobby, Farts and Procreation, A worthy uhhh, The Halloween episode from two years ago, The Premiere of Bob Ducca, Brett Gelman's first episode, The John C. Reiley v. John Hamm act-off, Baby's first episode. And for me any episode with James Adomian but lately his episodes have been hit or miss.

Edit: Also if you listen to the Andy Daly episodes, you don't have to listen to them in order, but just make sure his latest, Wipeout, is the last one you listen to. You'll know why after you hear it.

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations. By pure accident the 2nd ep I decided to listen to was the Gillian Jacobs/Andy Daly one where he's a serial killer nurse, and yeah, I laughed even harder than the first ep. The guy is brilliant.

"So what are your plans for later today?"
"Well, I'm going to kill myself, and then turn into a dragon and consume the earth!"

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Farts and Procreation is an abosulte must, as it gives you a great primer for Harris Wittels. It is the episode that made me get into CBB, and I still love his Jack from the Lumber Yard bit.

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Does anyone think it's worth it to create a tviv thread for the CBB show?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The Capm posted:

I was pretty disappointed in this, sadly. I feel like Don Dimello is hanging back, I think the Reggie Watts movie trailer was gross and not that funny and that David Koechner does almost nothing.

I have to rate this episode a nose out of 5. I hope it improves a bit. I want good things for my little Tabletop.

The David Koechner part was pretty weak, but I'm not his biggest fan anyway. Outside of that, I think it was really good, especially the dream part toward the beginning. Don Dimello's not as out there as he's been before, but it's an introduction to the character for a bunch of people who are going to be watching the show without knowing the podcast that well.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I really liked the episode. Reggie's movie trailer in particular was spot on.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

SpacePig posted:

Farts and Procreation is an abosulte must, as it gives you a great primer for Harris Wittels. It is the episode that made me get into CBB, and I still love his Jack from the Lumber Yard bit.
I think the thanksgiving episode with Pardo and Cera where he premieres foam corner is an all-time classic

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Greggy posted:

I really liked the episode. Reggie's movie trailer in particular was spot on.

"You gotta admit though, that's too many games."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

The_Rob posted:

I loved this. It kind of has the feeling of a demented Saturday morning kids show.

I don't think it can really be put any better than that. It was fantastic and I'm so thankful I have access to IFC now. This is gonna be fun!