Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
Oh look, another GT3 Cup. I'm not posting a pic because why bother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

YF19pilot posted:

So, to go against the flow here, I'm actually stoked about the Porsche pack. And the $20 isn't just for 30 cars either, it's for something like 20 events in the game list as well, and some other content that they're promising. I can understand the want for the 917, that would be damned awesome, but so would any (non-911) Porsche race cars for that matter. I'm sure that Turn 10 will work something in to appease fans of all shades.

Remember, we're not Turn 10's personal go to for what cars to include. We're just a fraction of a whole, and most of the whole don't know that Porsche made cars other than 911s, gotta fill that lust first.

I agree more with this post than most of the others! I'm personally way more "upset" about paying $15 for the VIP pass and getting only 5 cars than $20 for a porsche pack plus other content. I guess I shouldn't have bought every single car pack using Xbox Live points! I jumped onto the game late and I went apeshit, I must admit! :(

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
I wish they'd just put the Noble M600 up for individual sale. I'm not spending 1200 MS points to get VIP just to have that car.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Aren't individual cars around 320 MS points? That's only 5 cars before it makes more sense to buy the pack.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
160, I think.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

Seymour Butts posted:

I'm personally way more "upset" about paying $15 for the VIP pass and getting only 5 cars than $20 for a porsche pack plus other content.

For me, those 5 cars have been the lesser perk of being a VIP. The monthly polls, events, and gifts have been the highlight. I've felt that it's more like a service than a just an exclusive car pack. Although the word is that they won't retroactively giveaway past VIP gifts, I feel it's still worth it and I'll be pushing my cheapskate friends to pick it up. Early adopters already got a perk, as all VIPs received a Top Secret Silvia D1-Spec S15 last night.

That said, I am a victim of the "must have access to every car" OCD. Immediately after launch I bought every preorder car off of ebay for about $15 each. Yeah, it was dumb, but it felt worth it at the time. If anything I now know that, if you wait long enough, you will get access to every car...eventually. The VIP cars were the last exception.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

einTier posted:

I'm almost positive that every Reventon was charcoal gray. Are you sure it wasn't a Murciélago? Also, I know the roof is literally 44.7 inches off the ground.
Think you might be right that it wasn't a Reventon, but was actually an Aventador - the rear end of those two seem pretty similar and that's just what I looked at on GIS to "confirm" -- regardless, the car was massively striking, and that's in a city full of Murcielagos & F430s (LA). It looked like an alien space vehicle amongst the $100k Mercedes & BMW's it was swimming with.

I feel bad for Gallardo owners who, comparatively, now own a Lamborghini Country Squire.

And boo that this pack seems to be all 911s. I love the 911, but I don't love 15 copies of it in R3 that no one will drive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

speedtek posted:

Oh look, another GT3 Cup. I'm not posting a pic because why bother?

It does have a really nice livery though, but still, you're absolutely right.

So far i've spent:

Xbox 360 = $300
Forza Motorsport 4 = $60
Season Pass = $30
Collector Edition Car Pack = $7.50 (I think?)
May pack = $7.50
VIP Pack = $10 for me, I had points left over from something else
Porsce Pack = $20

$427.50 on this game, or will next week anyways. That said, I have no regrets. The only thing i've been iffy on so far is the Porsche pack. This game has been my version of iRacing.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 20:08 on May 19, 2012

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
I'm working on improving my time on this month's Autumn Fallout rivals event. Anyone have any tips on how to improve my line through this section? Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJUsp5QA8M

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
The '73 RS better be available separately, because I'm not wasting points on this pack. What a disappointment.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
3 more cars and I never have to worry about this car pack again.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Honestly I was gonna go ahead and buy the pack, but after being away for 2/3 days and coming back to find nothing but 911 repaints I'm considering skipping it as long as I can buy the 5ish cars I want separately.

Oh and by the by, since I've been racing with goons again (my new turtle beach headset arrived, its incredible, i can hear COLOURS) I've been needing higher class cars since anything below B is kinda rare. I've discovered -0.1 toe is INCREDIBLE on a lot of the faster cars. Its turned things like the prototype jag from being a gimmick car into being seriously fast and easy to handle. I've since created a car group named "tuned" and keep dumping more and more cars in because with a little toe I can manage much, much more powerful cars than before. Hell I've even got a Radical RX that I can drive without TCS and such turned on!

I also noticed that the Audi quattro has like, -.4 or -.6 toe on its rears, which explains a lot! Its always been a setting I've ignored. Or perhaps used on the front wheels only for under/oversteer, I never expected it to have such a profound effect on the rear.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
UPDATE!! (restrictions)

Ok ladies(?) and gentlemen(??),

Welcome to the FIA/GS exploratory round of Vintage DTM...

This week we will be having a split/sprint race at the Nurburgring GP course and Hockenheimring, using DTM-eligible cars from the 1994 season. These cars are:

-Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
-Mercedes-Benz 190E Evolution II
-BMW M3 Evo
-Alfa Romeo 155 TI V6

Each car is to appear in period-accurate liveries (pronounced: "liver-ees"), using the specifications detailed below. Max displacement is 2,5 litres (2.5 liters for us Americans), and all cars must use factory induction system (turbo, etc.). Entree fee is (_)_(_) dollars. (Note: to simulate the less grippy tires of the day, tires will be inflated to 24PSI cold)

code:
Ford RS500 (RWD)

-stock front, race rear wing
-Max downforce: 158lbs
-Min weight: 2350 LBS.
-Max Power: 400HP
-Max Tire Size: 245/30/17
-Tire Pressure: 24PSI

1st gear: 2.89
2nd gear: 1.99
3rd gear: 1.51
4th gear: 1.20
5th gear: 1.00
Final Drive: 3.29
ex:

code:
Mercedes 190E(RWD)

-Race front, stock rear wing
-Max downforce: 160F/250R
-Min weight: 2475LBS.
-Max Power: 425HP
-Max Tire Size: 245/40/17

1st Gear: 2.89
2nd Gear: 1.99
3rd Gear: 1.51
4th Gear: 1.20
5th Gear: 1.00
Final Drive: 4.25
ex:

code:
BMW M3(RWD)

-Race Front, BMW (2) rear wing
-Max Downforce: 100F
-Min Weight: 2325LBS.
-Max Power: 405HP
-Max Tire Size: 245/35/17

Final Drive: 3.85
ex:

code:
Alfa 155

-V6 swap
-Race front, Race rear bumper
-Max Downforce: 50F/100R
-Min Weight: 2500LBS
-Max Power: 400HP
-Max Tire Size: 225/35/17

Final Drive: 3.30
ex:

and just for fun:
Transformer:

silverbullitt850 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 23, 2012

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005

GhostDog posted:

How can you make a big fuss about "The Return of Porsche to Forza ($20)" and then leave out such iconic models as the 356 and the 917? Really weak. I hope you can buy single cars.

Were those ever in Forza to begin with though? I'm pretty sure they weren't in 2 or 3 (couldn't swear that the Can Am 917 wasn't thought).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xisticide posted:

Were those ever in Forza to begin with though? I'm pretty sure they weren't in 2 or 3 (couldn't swear that the Can Am 917 wasn't thought).

Nah they weren't in, but the assumption has been that the 917 will be one of the new Porsches. That appears to not be the case, but how many are left now?

[edit]
oops, turns out all 30 cars have been revealed. Never mind then. :X

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 19, 2012

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

silverbullitt850 posted:

Vintage DTM

Thank you for doing this. I've been looking forward to it for a while.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

silverbullitt850 posted:

Ok ladies(?) and gentlemen(??),

Welcome to the FIA/GS exploratory round of Vintage DTM...
Awesome :madmax:

Question: Which track layouts will be used? There are 2 Nurburgring GP layouts and several Hockenheim variants.

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 23:44 on May 19, 2012

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

Captain Hair posted:

Honestly I was gonna go ahead and buy the pack, but after being away for 2/3 days and coming back to find nothing but 911 repaints I'm considering skipping it as long as I can buy the 5ish cars I want separately.

Oh and by the by, since I've been racing with goons again (my new turtle beach headset arrived, its incredible, i can hear COLOURS) I've been needing higher class cars since anything below B is kinda rare. I've discovered -0.1 toe is INCREDIBLE on a lot of the faster cars. Its turned things like the prototype jag from being a gimmick car into being seriously fast and easy to handle. I've since created a car group named "tuned" and keep dumping more and more cars in because with a little toe I can manage much, much more powerful cars than before. Hell I've even got a Radical RX that I can drive without TCS and such turned on!

I also noticed that the Audi quattro has like, -.4 or -.6 toe on its rears, which explains a lot! Its always been a setting I've ignored. Or perhaps used on the front wheels only for under/oversteer, I never expected it to have such a profound effect on the rear.

Stupid question time, I've seen this mentioned beore- is there an actual way to do this in the game that I'm ignorant of? Like car folders?

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Another classic, 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RS:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TannhauserGate posted:

Stupid question time, I've seen this mentioned beore- is there an actual way to do this in the game that I'm ignorant of? Like car folders?

Nope.. they really should implement some kind of "tags" feature for players to find the rides they want.

I group my cars by paint color. Red means it's been tuned and raced, black means it's a work in progress, grey means I haven't done anything with it, and white means I hate it and want to sell it.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

TannhauserGate posted:

xzzy posted:

Nope.. they really should implement some kind of "tags" feature for players to find the rides they want.

Yeah, there is. Go to "grid view" in My Cars or whatever its called. Then select a car and chose "create group" or "add to group" and you can make any amount of groups to put cars into! They aren't like folders, but more like classes. So basically all of my cars in the "tuned" class are first in line before F-class.

Its almost like the layers system in that you go to grid view and then use the trigger to select all the cars you want to add into a group. For example I have 2 groups. The first is "tuned" where I stick all of my finished cars that have a livery and a decent tune setup. Then I have my "to-do" group after that which contains cars that are unfinished but want to do.

But yeah, I never knew it existed for most of F3 (it did) and I forgot about it for F4, now I've got it setup its pretty sweet. ESPECIALLY for online races as all of my tuned cars are right at the start of my list so I no longer have to frantically cycle through 100s of junk cars. So yeah, enjoy having a more organized garage and enjoy having more colours on your cars :)

Captain Hair fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 20, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

DTM poo poo

I take it all parts not listed are free choice? Suspension, clutch, etc.?

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Captain Hair posted:

Yeah, there is. Go to "grid view" in My Cars or whatever its called.

Cpt. Hair, you are a hero to us all.

I'd salute you, but I don't know if you're supposed to salute people of the same rank.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

its called a reach around

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I take it all parts not listed are free choice? Suspension, clutch, etc.?

Yup. That's just like back then. Even teammates didn't have the same builds. I'm on now if anyone wants to try these cars out!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

Yup. That's just like back then. Even teammates didn't have the same builds. I'm on now if anyone wants to try these cars out!

Cool. I think I've got a couple of these cars. Gotta get some tunes built.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Captain Hair posted:

Yeah, there is. Go to "grid view" in My Cars or whatever its called. Then select a car and chose "create group" or "add to group" and you can make any amount of groups to put cars into!
Dude? Duuuuuuuude! Dude.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lqt8TioEDc
Here's a good video for learning the Nordschleife, also some racing porsches!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Watching the SuperMoto races on Speed right now, makes me wonder... why isn't the Circuit de la Sarthe Bugatti Circuit not in Forza 4?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YF19pilot posted:

Watching the SuperMoto races on Speed right now, makes me wonder... why isn't the Circuit de la Sarthe Bugatti Circuit not in Forza 4?

So you're saying you want it removed from the game?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

YF19pilot posted:

It was in 3 and it was terrible

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Cojawfee posted:

It was in 3 and it was terrible

I know that, I've run it quite a bit in Forza 3. Maybe having not played it in the while, and watching supermoto in the rain is clouding my memory a bit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's really not a fun track, it has no straight to speak of and the corners are all extremely technical.

So I suppose it's a good test of driver skill, but it's pretty far down the list on a ranking of "fun".

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still didn't make any sense to remove it though. It would have been one more track. New York is the only one I can understand not being in FM4. The rest i'm still scratching my head over.

Harmonica
May 18, 2004

il cinema è la vita e viceversa
I bloody love the Porsche GT1 so I'll be buying whatever I have to in order to nab that. Been missing it since whenever the last time it appeared in a game was, and have been making do with the tweaked RUF RGT (which is amazing, but it's not a GT1 - and Turn10 screwed up the back end on the model for some reason).

Still wish they'd get on and add some Nobles, like the M12, but I guess they're in licensing hell.

TravBot posted:

I'm working on improving my time on this month's Autumn Fallout rivals event. Anyone have any tips on how to improve my line through this section? Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJUsp5QA8M

Show me/us a game camera, preferably chase. I've been trying to use the Lancia for the time trial, too. It's tough to get it tuned nicely for the track though. Very prone to flying off and invalidating the time.

Is powersliding through that turn your usual line? For me, it's a gear 3 corner, you might drop down to 2 depending on your ratios/setup. I would be wider on entry and aim to hit the mid point of the track rather than the apex, whilst slowing more. Also I try to avoid flipping my car against the fences :)

Harmonica fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 20, 2012

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

There's a reason that when Papyrus made Grand Prix Legends, they purposely ignored the actual 1967 French Grand Prix circuit (Bugatti) and put in Rouen instead. Bugatti is a poo poo track.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

where do I go to watch awesome racing clips. There was one posted with a porsche vs a corvette at seca in this thread and it was the coolest thing ever. I just have no idea where to begin. also no nascar :colbert:

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

xzzy posted:

It's really not a fun track, it has no straight to speak of and the corners are all extremely technical.

So I suppose it's a good test of driver skill, but it's pretty far down the list on a ranking of "fun".

Pretty much this. Bugatti is really good for learning how to handle more complicated corners that you find on bigger tracks, but for actual racing in anything but small slow cars it's like... ugh.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Went to join the main Goon Car Club, but I got a message that it was filled up, so I sent in a request to join the European club. Anything I need to know about these groups, or is it just a hangout to share cars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

Harmonica posted:

Show me/us a game camera, preferably chase. I've been trying to use the Lancia for the time trial, too. It's tough to get it tuned nicely for the track though. Very prone to flying off and invalidating the time.

Is powersliding through that turn your usual line? For me, it's a gear 3 corner, you might drop down to 2 depending on your ratios/setup. I would be wider on entry and aim to hit the mid point of the track rather than the apex, whilst slowing more. Also I try to avoid flipping my car against the fences :)

Nah, that was my first lap in that car at all. No lines yet or anything. I just liked how quickly it let me get back on the power after slamming roof first into the fence.

• Locked thread