Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermented Piss
May 17, 2012

Lowden Swain posted:

Nobody else celebrates being Champions of Europe, so yeah, pretty small time.
Who but Marseille adds a star to their badge for winning the Champions League?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Rad Valtar posted:

On their website they call them shirts, I take it that's the jerseys they wear on the field? Just want to make sure that I'm not just buying a shirt that looks like a jersey.

Sorry if these are bad questions this is my first time purchasing a soccer jersey from another country.

Yeah shirts=jerseys, you could also check out american based sites like soccer.com to buy jerseys. The shipping should be much cheaper since they are based in the states.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fermented Piss posted:

Aston Villa, Nottingham Forest, HSV, probably more that I forgot.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Valtar posted:

On their website they call them shirts, I take it that's the jerseys they wear on the field? Just want to make sure that I'm not just buying a shirt that looks like a jersey.

Sorry if these are bad questions this is my first time purchasing a soccer jersey from another country.

So it begins...

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Fermented Piss posted:

Ermm dunno how much attention you were paying to the team that Chelsea were playing tonight, but they might have had a star or four on their kit...

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

Umbriago posted:

Ermm dunno how much attention you were paying to the team that Chelsea were playing tonight, but they might have had a star or four on their kit...

Those are for league titles.

Nyarlothotep fucked around with this message at 01:52 on May 20, 2012

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

Nyarlothotep posted:

My mistake, thought they were for their 4 European cups. :)

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Nyarlothotep posted:

Oh right, so the 4 stars on their shirt don't represent the 4 European Cups that they've won, they actually represent the 22 league titles they won. Glad you cleared that up for us.

Nyarlothotep
Apr 14, 2007
Don't fail to see Nyarlathotep if he comes to Providence. He is horrible — horrible beyond anything you can imagine — but wonderful. He haunts one for hours afterward. I am still shuddering at what he showed.

kippa posted:

Oh right, so the 4 stars on their shirt don't represent the 4 European Cups that they've won, they actually represent the 22 league titles they won. Glad you cleared that up for us.

Yes? It's pretty common for leagues to award stars for X number of titles won. I don't know why you're being a dick about this.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Nyarlothotep posted:

Yes? It's pretty common for leagues to award stars for X number of titles won. I don't know why you're being a dick about this.

http://www.bundesliga.de/en/liga/news/2007/index.php?f=94811.php

4 stars if you win 20+

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

Yeah shirts=jerseys, you could also check out american based sites like soccer.com to buy jerseys. The shipping should be much cheaper since they are based in the states.

I checked out a few of the sites and for some reason the cost is twice that of the same thing from the official site, I think I'll eat the shipping cost.

Ninpo posted:

So it begins...

:smith:

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

Oh derp so it is, that seems like a bizarre system that only the germans use. Which is why the numbers seemed so odd.

Soylent Green
Oct 29, 2004
It's people

Rad Valtar posted:

I checked out a few of the sites and for some reason the cost is twice that of the same thing from the official site, I think I'll eat the shipping cost.

It's worth remembering that our new strip will be announced very soon. The reason it's so cheap on the website is because that's the kit for the season just past. Whether that matters or not is up to you.
I will say it's very comfy to play in.

Ninpo posted:

So it begins...

Is this what being Champions feels like? I can't say I ever thought I would experience this in my life.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Fag Boy Jim posted:

Villa's star is really shite though, you can't even see it unless you know it's there. It needs to be separate to the crest. 90% of people today don't even know that Villa have won the European Cup.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Frankston posted:

Villa's star is really shite though, you can't even see it unless you know it's there. It needs to be separate to the crest. 90% of people today don't even know that Villa have won the European Cup.

next you'll be telling me venkys have won the premier league

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Fag Boy Jim posted:

We had them on the European shirt when Reebok made our kits. Don't think it was there with Adidas.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Rebel Sports shop in Melbourne is already selling the next City shirt:

pik_d fucked around with this message at 17:25 on May 20, 2012

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

pik_d posted:

Don't like that, material looks too thick and the crest looks bad also.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Likely going to be with black shorts as well I would have thought

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
If it's the material I'm thinking it is from that picture it's the same as the England 2010 WC shirt which was probably the most comfortable shirt I ever had. I also think the black looks awesome. Still probably won't be getting one though.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man City finally has a bad kit.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

pik_d posted:

That's pretty ace, the black is a nice callback to our original shirt.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Serie A clubs get a star for every 10 scudettos don't they? Do they have those in other leagues?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

There are two lines of argument for this: a star for a european trophy, or a star for 10 league titles.

Pick whichever one your team does, and defend it to the death.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Ignore him, he's a manchester united plastic.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Semprini posted:

There are two lines of argument for this: a star for a european trophy, or a star for 10 league titles.

Pick whichever one your team does, and defend it to the death.

and if you'd have less than your rivals, pick the other one

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Soylent Green posted:

Is this what being Champions feels like? I can't say I ever thought I would experience this in my life.

I was merely commenting on Americans appearing out of nowhere trying to buy a City kit now that they won a thing. United/Chelsea/Arsenal have had people doing it for years.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Ninpo posted:

I was merely commenting on Americans appearing out of nowhere trying to buy a City kit now that they won a thing. United/Chelsea/Arsenal have had people doing it for years.

United/Chelsea/Arsenal have had plastics for years and now City have some too :monocle:

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

Vagabundo posted:

Serie A clubs get a star for every 10 scudettos don't they? Do they have those in other leagues?

Loads of other leagues have them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_%28football_badge%29

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Vagabundo posted:

Yes and it's a point of contention this year because Juventus could have thirty and therefore three stars if they don't count the titles that were stripped during calciopoli.

Champions League winners get a patch on their sleeves if they have won the competition 5 times or 3 in a row (same criteria for keeping the real trophy). Only Real Madrid, Bayern, Ajax, Milan and Liverpool have it I think.

I feel like there's also a CL title holder badge you can wear during the next year's competition but I dont' remember what it looks like.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

GravityDaemon posted:

Yes and it's a point of contention this year because Juventus could have thirty and therefore three stars if they don't count the titles that were stripped during calciopoli.

Champions League winners get a patch on their sleeves if they have won the competition 5 times or 3 in a row (same criteria for keeping the real trophy). Only Real Madrid, Bayern, Ajax, Milan and Liverpool have it I think.

I feel like there's also a CL title holder badge you can wear during the next year's competition but I dont' remember what it looks like.

Its the inbetween the nike swoosh and the team badge, but it gets replaced by the fifa thing after you inevitably win that in december.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

GravityDaemon posted:

I can't remember seeing anyone wear it, but I assume it goes in place of the usual soccer ball UEFA CL badge.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

TyChan posted:

I can't remember seeing anyone wear it, but I assume it goes in place of the usual soccer ball UEFA CL badge.
This is the one I remember seeing but I guess it's only for multiple CL winners

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

real_scud posted:

yeah i've seen that in blue (and have one lying around that i got with a kit years ago and never ironed on)

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

TyChan posted:

Ha, I guess that's it. Im not sure I've ever seen it, probably for the CWC reason.

real_scud posted:

Yeah, this is the one that the teams I mentioned wear on the sleeves.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Ninpo posted:

This plastic has had his City shirt long before this season started.

In other news, I'm in a huge debate here. I really want to get the Greek national team shirt for the upcoming Euros, as it is sexy as hell and I'm one sexy Greek. Worldsoccershop has the official one, and the material and quality looks top notch. I really appreciate the high quality, but am tempted by the fact that for $20 more I can get FIVE knock-offs from shootjerseys, including a knockoff of the Greek NT. Question I has is this: what type of quality drop should I expect on the Greek kit? Am I going to get some completely different material that will leave rashes and cut my nipples, or will it be a marginal difference that only a die-hard fan or counterfeit agent recognize?

Link for sexiness:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I haven't used shootjerseys, but I have used Soccertriads, and the quality is up there, imo. You can notice differences if they're side by side, but you can't tell which one is the authentic and which isn't. I believe they have all the Euro team kits as well.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of plastics getting shirts, have any other AMERICAN PLASTICS gotten their CHAMPIONS kits yet? Looking forward to pictures to bide the time until I get mine.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Awesome Animals posted:

I haven't used shootjerseys, but I have used Soccertriads, and the quality is up there, imo. You can notice differences if they're side by side, but you can't tell which one is the authentic and which isn't. I believe they have all the Euro team kits as well.

Cool, good to hear. I think the 5x versus one marginally better is a pretty easy choice then. Shame these knock-offs don't have the City third shirt from this past season, I have a love affair with that thing and can't wait to pick it up in a few months on the cheap once they start offloading the extras.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
That Greece away is so nice. I said it at the time, probably my favourite-looking kit ever.