Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Silva posted:

So, just curious, what would happen if you were to capchalogue the entire planet and run it through gristwidget?

A beta timeline.

It is probably possible to captchalogue anything as long as your container is big enough. But even Dad's wallet isn't that manly.

edit: and we've already seen a captchalogue card for the Green Sun so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Why dont you put the whole world in a captchalogue.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

In hindsight, I wonder if the sneaky point of that Green Sun captchacard is that you could get a code off the back of it for alchemy. I bet green sun weapons would kick rear end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Bobulus posted:

In hindsight, I wonder if the sneaky point of that Green Sun captchacard is that you could get a code off the back of it for alchemy. I bet green sun weapons would kick rear end.

This is a terrible idea. They'd probably end up combining the Green Sun with UNREAL AIR and introduce catastrophic levels of artifacting to every instance of SBURB that ever was.

vvv Jade can cheat, though.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Thundarr posted:

It is probably possible to captchalogue anything as long as your container is big enough. But even Dad's wallet isn't that manly.

Jade has capchalogue'd several planets.

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn

Mystic Mongol posted:

Jade has capchalogue'd several planets.

Yeah but she shrank them first.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Bobulus posted:

We've already seen one, lord English used it to kill Hussie.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

FronzelNeekburm posted:

*gargbage

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

Bobulus posted:

Eh, not so much. Jade has a Green Sun Streetsweeper that shoots mini green suns, but it's not really all that strong. It didn't seem to do much against Jack anyway.

It was hella expensive though

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Man, I guess, but I suspect combining something with an actual Green Sun code is a lot different than combining it with Green Sun bedsheets.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, though.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rooreelooo posted:

Eh, not so much. Jade has a Green Sun Streetsweeper that shoots mini green suns, but it's not really all that strong. It didn't seem to do much against Jack anyway.

It was hella expensive though

Using green sun weaponry against Jack seems a bit like using a flamethrower against a fire elemental. Presumably, it might be more effective against something not powered by the green sun.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I think the bigger question is, how much grist could we get from shredding the Green Sun?

SynthOrange posted:

Why dont you put the whole world in a captchalogue.

:golfclap:

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Thundarr posted:

This is a terrible idea. They'd probably end up combining the Green Sun with UNREAL AIR and introduce catastrophic levels of artifacting to every instance of SBURB that ever was.

vvv Jade can cheat, though.

And thus the SBaHJverse was born. Thus they can trap Lord English in it.

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
is anybody else foreseeing a condesce/bec noir showdown?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

snucks posted:

is anybody else foreseeing a condesce/bec noir showdown?

I don't really see it happening, I am pretty sure her engineered psychic powers would be able to control him.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Jeez, AR-Dirk is a mega rear end in a top hat. I see what Dirk was talking about with regards to AR's maturity level. He's basically a brat that acts like a jerk to his friends and hides behind "don't care cuz I'm an AI." It really seems like Dirk's brand of "caring" for his friends is downright detrimental.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 20, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Probably a good way to look at AR would be as a younger brother to Dirk. He hangs around and sometimes annoys his friends, doesn't always get the nuance of stuff, wants to be like his older counterpart, etc.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
You know, I was totally wondering if Her Imperial Condesce was actually trying to kill the Alpha kids. Considering she'd made all these things that the kids would find useful, some of which were exclusively only useful for SBurb players, it seemed odd that she was trying to kill them. So, she needs them to play the game. Or more accurately (maybe) Lord English needs her to make them play the game.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Maybe she needs them to play the game so that they can win and create a new universe that she can rule over.

It would be funny if all the kids got to the final battle against the black king and then the condesce shows up, oneshots him, throws open the victory door and enters the new world as a god, slamming it shut behind her and leaving all the kids stuck in the battlefield wondering what the hell just happened.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Joke's on her! That universe is from the frog they dropped in a volcano!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Rooreelooo posted:

Maybe she needs them to play the game so that they can win and create a new universe that she can rule over.

It would be funny if all the kids got to the final battle against the black king and then the condesce shows up, oneshots him, throws open the victory door and enters the new world as a god, slamming it shut behind her and leaving all the kids stuck in the battlefield wondering what the hell just happened.

It would have been but CD blew him up.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

YggiDee posted:

I don't really see it happening, I am pretty sure her engineered psychic powers would be able to control him.

Quick sum-up of the Condesce's powers.

Can extend anyone's lifespan indefinitely.
Psiionic/Sollux-level eye beam psychic powers.
Handmaid/Aradia-level moving stuff psychic powers.
She can mind-control the following characters: GCat, Bec Noir, Bec PM, Jade, Kanaya, Karkat, Gamzee, Terezi (dunno if Aradia and Sollux get out of this by virtue of range or God Tier but it doesn't matter much with them so far away), ad any dersite or prospitian.
And whatever the gently caress else Lord English powered her up with.

I wonder if genetically engineering herself with lowblood psychic powers makes her as susceptible to psychic attacks as a lowblood, or if she still has the immunity to psychic attacks a tyrian blood would normally have.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

VJeff posted:

She can mind-control the following characters: GCat, Bec Noir, Bec PM, Jade, Kanaya, Karkat, Gamzee, Terezi

Do we know this for sure? I don't think it's as simple as high-bloods are more powerful than low-bloods all the time. Vriska couldn't control Terezi and could only control Sollux half the time, and I think she outright said it was linked to will-power at one point. She'd probably also just control Aradia directly instead of getting Sollux to do it.

We also don't know how much Tavros'/brown-blood's animal communion is control vs. asking nicely sort of. Like when Tav used Bec to save Jade, was he controlling Bec, or just nudging him towards something he'd already do? (Keep in mind that from Doc Scratch's intro page, we are told that no one can control a (First) Guardian).

And again, we don't know how humanoid + animal reacts to the Troll psychic powers. Jade is like two parts human, one part sprite and one part (First Guardian) dog, so she might not be controllable. (You also forgot Davesprite on your list. Everyone forgets Davesprite).

So she is confirmed to control GCAT, can probably control Carapacians, but we don't know about any of the rest.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
One way or the other, I can see her being able to control Bec Noir fairly easily. All she has to do is focus his apocalyptic contempt for all of existence itself towards Whatever Thing Happens To Be Bothering Her At the Moment and oh look, he's trying to making a rug with its skin. PM could probably resist it though.

The rest of them, I'll give you. Lot of stuff up in the air. But re: Jade, it's worth noting how overwhelming the dog parts have been with Jack's psyche and his powers. He might as well be more First Guardian Dog Guy than dersite at this point.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

in case anyone wants it i guess. Grey ladies themed.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

VJeff posted:

One way or the other, I can see her being able to control Bec Noir fairly easily. All she has to do is focus his apocalyptic contempt for all of existence itself towards Whatever Thing Happens To Be Bothering Her At the Moment and oh look, he's trying to making a rug with its skin. PM could probably resist it though.

The rest of them, I'll give you. Lot of stuff up in the air. But re: Jade, it's worth noting how overwhelming the dog parts have been with Jack's psyche and his powers. He might as well be more First Guardian Dog Guy than dersite at this point.

It could be a good way to make good on WV's prophetic dream. If he gets Bec Noir's ring, for example, and the Condesce mind-controls him, he might become her tool and end up killing other carapace people.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

So hey, update, I guess.

Lots going on here, but in particular: UU mentions Skaia is getting cloudy for her when she dreams. I wonder if those green Act 6 curtains are actually in UU's Skaia, then? Though at the end of Act 6 Act 2 they're clearly over the sea at Andrew's...house...dimension...?

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 05:03 on May 21, 2012

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

nerdbot posted:

So hey, update, I guess.

Lots going on here, but in particular: UU mentions Skaia is getting cloudy for her when she dreams. I wonder if those green Act 6 curtains are actually in UU's Skaia, then? Though at the end of Act 6 Act 2 they're clearly over the sea at Andrew's...house...dimension...?

Those were visions from Skaia's clouds, but yeah, I always figured that was UU's prospit. Since at the end of the flash it shows the B2 kid's Prospit was another vision from a skaia cloud. And UU has mentioned dark clouds in Skaia before this pesterlog, as well. Also:

quote:

GG: It sure sounds like you two are up to your necks in this crazy game.
UU: oh yes. we are Up to qUite a bit fUrther than oUr neck in it. ~_u

She says "our neck" not "necks". I wasn't sure about the whole UU/uu sharing the same body thing, but that sets off red flags right there.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So... I wonder what the hell lime-bloods were capable of? It doesn't appear to be a power that the Condesce has exhibited... yet, anyway :tinfoil:

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

Thundarr posted:

edit: and we've already seen a captchalogue card for the Green Sun so...

You mean that huge thing Jake is carrying? When was this revealed? What page?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Red blood and lime blood, as predicted.

Guesses on abilities? We haven't seen Karkat do anything other than the pap/shoosh, and that was implied to be more a moirail thing than something unique to him. It would seem like someone able to make trolls stop fighting (like Karkat or the Sufferer) would have been a huge threat to any violence-promoting troll authorities.

I guess all we really found out from this is that UU and uu come from a A2-style troll group and not a A1-style troll group.

That fact that UU still refuses to give a name probably implies it's one we already know, or could easily guess the origins of based on names we already know, but any speculation on that at this point would be scattershot.

Trying to think of any objects besides Cal that we've seen in the story being moved around a lot that does not invite duplication.

Boneless Jogger posted:

She says "our neck" not "necks". I wasn't sure about the whole UU/uu sharing the same body thing, but that sets off red flags right there.

Yeah. The crazy game is at head level. It's all in their head.

I think that theory someone put forward that the Batterwitch's attempts to change human blood colors, resulting in some sort of horrible person with color-changing blood (and personalities to match) is going to be right.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 21, 2012

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

TOAST7312 posted:

I think he means this.

Edit: As for the juju, not only is it something that couldn't be replicated but also something part of a pair. Yin and Yang immediately spring to mind, like the Tumor...

notoriousman fucked around with this message at 05:22 on May 21, 2012

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL

TOAST7312 posted:

It might be what Jake has, but we first saw it on Rose's land, I believe, a while back.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
The way that conversation was starting out, I thought at first that Jane was initiating UU's first-ever contact with a human. Also, Jane had no reaction at all to being told she's in a void session. Has she even heard the term before now?

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
And in an instant every fantroll any homestuck role-player has ever made now has lime colored blood and ~immense powerz.~

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Blood colors confirmed, which is yet another curiousity given how many points the "They're the same person" theory had at this point. Also, I'm not sure whether to laugh or facepalm at limebloods getting mary sue powers.

Mazerunner posted:

Do we know this for sure? I don't think it's as simple as high-bloods are more powerful than low-bloods all the time. Vriska couldn't control Terezi and could only control Sollux half the time, and I think she outright said it was linked to will-power at one point. She'd probably also just control Aradia directly instead of getting Sollux to do it.

We also don't know how much Tavros'/brown-blood's animal communion is control vs. asking nicely sort of. Like when Tav used Bec to save Jade, was he controlling Bec, or just nudging him towards something he'd already do? (Keep in mind that from Doc Scratch's intro page, we are told that no one can control a (First) Guardian).

And again, we don't know how humanoid + animal reacts to the Troll psychic powers. Jade is like two parts human, one part sprite and one part (First Guardian) dog, so she might not be controllable. (You also forgot Davesprite on your list. Everyone forgets Davesprite).

So she is confirmed to control GCAT, can probably control Carapacians, but we don't know about any of the rest.

Much like the case of Tavros and Bec, I still wonder if the Condesce really is controlling GCAT, or just nudging it towards doing what it wanted to do anyway. If there's a universally accepted trait of cats, it's that they only do what their masters want if they feel like it.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

UU's explanations of jujus makes uu's comments on Cal being a juju make more sense now. He commented that it seemed "dead". And that Cal that Dirk has is a copy, since the meteorites went to both B1 and B2.

UU said that you couldn't directly copy a juju. Presumably the implication is that if you split a single juju into two, the soul/magicness/jujuness of it only goes into one, leaving the other one "dead".

It's also got me wondering what UU and uu could have that would function separately, but would only be helpful to Jane as a combination.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

God, I find UU fascinating. I really want to find out more about her, I was reading this log with bated breath.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Android Blues posted:

God, I find UU fascinating. I really want to find out more about her, I was reading this log with bated breath.

Out of everything in Homestuck thus far, UU/uu is the most bewildering to me. When she was first introduced I was certain she was just the A1 equivalent of the Sufferer, (with some gender difference for some reason) but with everything we've seen since, and with the whole Calmasis thing going on with Hussie, I'm not entirely sure what to believe about UU/uu, or where she/he fits in with the A1/A2 timeline.

Basically it's hard to understand because it doesn't fit in my simple A1/A2 B1/B2 head-canon very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Bobulus posted:

UU said that you couldn't directly copy a juju. Presumably the implication is that if you split a single juju into two, the soul/magicness/jujuness of it only goes into one, leaving the other one "dead".

Would that mean that when Cal was copied to make Doc Scratch, Scratch became the "real" juju?