Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hey. Hey Kurosada. Why didn't you tell me you made more of that :psyduck:

quote:

Top: Bonus HasuMedo Story

Big: Dance and Tenko

Dance: What's up? Why the long face?

Tenko: Dance...

quote:

T: I'm just watching those two. They're pretty close, huh.

D: They sure are.

What? Are you sad she took Medley away? (Hehe.)

T: No, it's just kinda...complicated.

Box: My friend recently just told us that she was going out with another girl.

quote:

D/T/Shirako: Took you long enough!

M: (Was it that obvious?)

Box: Shirako and I figured it out, but Tenko didn't seem to realize it.

D: Well, this is a girl's school, so it's not that weird.

T: Sure, but...

D: This sort of thing isn't just between a man and a woman, I think.

I'm actually kind of jealous of them.

quote:

T: Hmm, do you have someone on your mind?

D: Uh, um, well...

I just think they're cute.

T: Well? Who is it!? I'm totally behind you, what kinda person is she?

D: ...

D: She's small, has wavy hair, kind, cares a lot about her friends...

quote:

*peek*

T: Do I know her?

D: Oh, never mind! I'll explain later.

Box: Guess it's not quite my time, yet.

These two are, obviously, a couple of Medley's friends. This isn't actually in any of the threads, the original artist just made it up himself. It's nice to see, though.

I'd do my usual crappy typesetting and editing process except 1) it has been forever since I've done any of it and I've forgotten a lot of what good fonts to use or how to redraw poo poo 2) all my Photoshop settings are hosed up and nothing looks like how I want them to be so it's just frustrating as all hell. Hope you guys don't mind this sorta setup.

As always, I appreciate translation and editing tips!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Sorry to derail, but I have a question: Is Tokyo Mew Mew worth watching/reading?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Pollyanna posted:

I'm gonna be a horrible person and plug something I translated in here. :shobon:

Husky and Medley is a manga adaptation of 2ch thread from around 2008 or so about a girl trying to get with her classmate with the help of the internet. What sets it apart, aside from it being (sort of) nonfiction, is that it actually goes past that point. The whole thing is a realistically entertaining and downright adorable look into the life of a high school kid and her girlfriend. I reread it just recently and decided to fangirl over everyone remotely willing to listen so forgive me if I sound like an idiot right now :3: but it's something I'm extremely proud of being able to share with the english-speaking world because god dammit it's just so awesome.

http://mangafox.me/manga/husky_and_medley/

Incidentally, this is where Sweetiex2 comes from, for those of you into Vocaloid. So yeah go read it read it now.
Hey, that was really drat good. Thanks, that was a great cheer up feel-good kind of story.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Echoing the thanks for translating husky and medley. Read it real quick and enjoyed it

coathat
May 21, 2007

Kuragehime time again! Only one more chapter to go in this volume, but it's been so good.

GUITAR VILLAIN
Jan 27, 2008

I have come here to play guitar and kick ass... and I'm all outta strings.
Alright guys. Over the last week or so I decided to take up the numerous glowing recommendations for Aoi Hana and give it a read.

The first couple of chapters really threw me for a loop, as I could not for the life of me keep track of all the characters, what school which girls were going to, or even what the sex of some of the main characters were. However, once I got to the chapter where Sugimoto and Fumi kiss in the library, I thought to myself, "This is kind of sweet. I wish I had a better idea of what was happening."

So, I re-read all the chapters up to that point. This gave me a much better understanding of the plot and characters, and I am now happy to report that I am fully on top of the story here.

As for my reaction? Well, I bring up Chapter 17, because after reading this chapter I got so happy that I had to come and post here about it. The reason? This was the chapter where Sugimoto and Fumi finally meet up again for the first time since their acrimonious breakup. Why I was so happy with this chapter all comes down to Fumi's simple words when Sugimoto tries to invite herself to come walk with Ah-chan and Fumi - she simply says, "No, I don't want to walk with you, sempai." I honestly could not believe what I had just read. I was literally pumping my fist for joy at that sentence because not once had I ever seen, in all the anime or manga I'd seen, a character (let alone a female one) display that kind of strength. It would have been so nice and easy for the writer to just put them back together, but the plot nevertheless had happened the way it happened, and Fumi was a strong enough character to do the right thing.

Honestly, the way the plot is handled is blowing me away. The artwork is adorable. I love the characters. They are so much more mature than I was at that age, and the story is about a godzillion times better for it.

That was a lot of :words: about manga, I know, but I love romantic stories and was pretty excited to find one that I was so taken with. I was already enjoying this one for a good few days now, but after reading the last chapter I did, Aoi Hana has got to be my favourite manga that I've ever read.

PS, I will be sure to check out Husky and Medley once I'm through with this one :v:

GUITAR VILLAIN fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 15, 2012

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

GUITAR VILLAIN posted:

Alright guys. Over the last week or so I decided to take up the numerous glowing recommendations for Aoi Hana and give it a read.

The first couple of chapters really threw me for a loop, as I could not for the life of me keep track of all the characters, what school which girls were going to, or even what the sex of some of the main characters were. However, once I got to the chapter where Sugimoto and Fumi kiss in the library, I thought to myself, "This is kind of sweet. I wish I had a better idea of what was happening."

So, I re-read all the chapters up to that point. This gave me a much better understanding of the plot and characters, and I am now happy to report that I am fully on top of the story here.

As for my reaction? Well, I bring up Chapter 17, because after reading this chapter I got so happy that I had to come and post here about it. The reason? This was the chapter where Sugimoto and Fumi finally meet up again for the first time since their acrimonious breakup. Why I was so happy with this chapter all comes down to Fumi's simple words when Sugimoto tries to invite herself to come walk with Ah-chan and Fumi - she simply says, "No, I don't want to walk with you, sempai." I honestly could not believe what I had just read. I was literally pumping my fist for joy at that sentence because not once had I ever seen, in all the anime or manga I'd seen, a character (let alone a female one) display that kind of strength. It would have been so nice and easy for the writer to just put them back together, but the plot nevertheless had happened the way it happened, and Fumi was a strong enough character to do the right thing.

Honestly, the way the plot is handled is blowing me away. The artwork is adorable. I love the characters. They are so much more mature than I was at that age, and the story is about a godzillion times better for it.

That was a lot of :words: about manga, I know, but I love romantic stories and was pretty excited to find one that I was so taken with. I was already enjoying this one for a good few days now, but after reading the last chapter I did, Aoi Hana has got to be my favourite manga that I've ever read.

PS, I will be sure to check out Husky and Medley once I'm through with this one :v:

Wait until you get to the end then realize its a bi-monthly so the wait for new chapters is agonizing. Doubly so when the new chapter, when you get it, is about a side character instead of the main characters.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

420 read Shimura mangas every day.

Speaking of, my Wandering Son hardcovers aren't in yet. I hope they come in before I move out :cry:

GUITAR VILLAIN
Jan 27, 2008

Blhue posted:

Wait until you get to the end then realize its a bi-monthly so the wait for new chapters is agonizing. Doubly so when the new chapter, when you get it, is about a side character instead of the main characters.

That's a good point. I'm glad you brought this up -- now that I know that, I think I'll find a good stopping point and hibernate for a couple months on reading the story so that some chapters can accrue in the meantime.

Are the rest of Lililicious's releases as of high quality translation as Aoi Hana?

In the meantime, I'll get to Husky and Medley since there's been such a good response to it. Thanks for the recommendations, everyone!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are there any other feel-good, based on reality stories like Husky and Medley?

BrilliantFool
Jan 23, 2007

Bravo.
There's always Densha Otoko, which has had several different adaptations (Live action, two different manga). There is some doubt as to the authenticity of the story, but it's sweet nonetheless.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

GUITAR VILLAIN posted:

That's a good point. I'm glad you brought this up -- now that I know that, I think I'll find a good stopping point and hibernate for a couple months on reading the story so that some chapters can accrue in the meantime.

Are the rest of Lililicious's releases as of high quality translation as Aoi Hana?

Pfft, that's what everyone who ever gets caught up in a currently releasing manga/movie/tv series/anime says. I myself just said I was going to do that for the webcomic Gunnerkrig Court (and failed miserably).

Lillilicious does pretty decent translation work I don't recall ever being really annoyed by any of it that I've read, but they've done a lot of different things over the years. If you're looking for stories that are similar to Aoi Hana in themes and quality check my post history in this thread (click the "?" under our avatars, just in case you didn't know) I've made a few posts with some lists to maybe check out, a lot of which was translated by that group. Be careful of mousing over spoilers for Aoi Hana, I always try to mark which chapter they're from, but I figure a heads up couldn't hurt. Miijhal has made some posts with some good suggestions too.

It seems like new releases for both Kimi ni Todoke and Aoi Hana should be due any time now, hopefully sooner rather than later.:ohdear:

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Pollyanna posted:

420 read Shimura mangas every day.

Speaking of, my Wandering Son hardcovers aren't in yet. I hope they come in before I move out :cry:
Oh, poo poo, that reminds me that I need to preorder the third volume. Thanks.

As for yuri series based on real events, none are coming to mind at the moment. The closest thing I can think of is Honey & Honey, which doesn't really have a story so much as a series of vignettes about the author and her girlfriend's lives.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wasn't talking about yuri specifically. Just any good romance that's based on a real story, and not just tangentially.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well it's not simply a romance, but your question did remind me that I wanted to recommend a good manga inspired by real life events and people.

Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni/Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms is a josei manga that I'll let wiki and other people describe better than I can.

amazon posted:

What impact did World War II and the dropping of the atomic bomb have on the common people of Japan? Through the eyes of an average woman living in 1955, Japanese artist Fumiyo Kouno answers these questions. This award-winning manga appears in an English translation for the first time. Fumiyo Kouno’s light, free style of drawing evokes a tender reflection of this difficult period in Hiroshima’s postwar past. As the characters continue with everyday life, the shadow of the war and the atomic bombing linger ghostlike in the background. Kouno’s beautiful storytelling touches the reader’s heart but is never overly sentimental. A widely embraced best seller in Japan, where the work was also controversial, Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms is the winner of several prestigious awards including Grand Prize at the 8th Japan Media Arts Festival (2004), New Life Award at the 9th Osamu Tezuka Cultural Prizes (2005). Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms is made up of interconnected short stories; the first is a love story entitled Town of Evening Calm; followed by the two-part story Country of Cherry Blossoms.

wiki posted:

Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms (夕凪の街 桜の国 Yūnagi no machi, sakura no kuni) is a one-volume manga written and illustrated by Fumiyo Kōno. The two connected stories were first published in Japan by Futabasha in Weekly Manga Action in 2003 and 2004, then collected in a single tankōbon volume in 2004. The story is about a family of survivors of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. The author based the characters on people who were in Hiroshima or Nagasaki.
The manga has received international praise for its simple but beautiful artwork and its quiet but "humane" anti-war message. It received the Grand Prize for manga at the 2004 Japan Media Arts Festival and the 2005 Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize Creative Award. Kumiko Aso won several acting awards for her portrayal of Minami Hirano, one of the two protagonists, in the film adaptation.

Obviously it's not going to be all rainbows and kittens depressing as hell, but definitely worth reading.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 17, 2012

Mura
Feb 3, 2008
New Kimi ni Todoke

Looks like things are coming to a head on multiple threads, but mostly Chizu and Ryu.

GUITAR VILLAIN
Jan 27, 2008

a kitten posted:

Pfft, that's what everyone who ever gets caught up in a currently releasing manga/movie/tv series/anime says. I myself just said I was going to do that for the webcomic Gunnerkrig Court (and failed miserably).

Lillilicious does pretty decent translation work I don't recall ever being really annoyed by any of it that I've read, but they've done a lot of different things over the years. If you're looking for stories that are similar to Aoi Hana in themes and quality check my post history in this thread (click the "?" under our avatars, just in case you didn't know) I've made a few posts with some lists to maybe check out, a lot of which was translated by that group. Be careful of mousing over spoilers for Aoi Hana, I always try to mark which chapter they're from, but I figure a heads up couldn't hurt. Miijhal has made some posts with some good suggestions too.

Thanks for this. I was pretty happy to have stumbled across this thread a few weeks ago, since I was looking for people to talk to who shared my particular interest in anime and manga - I'll be sure to check out your and Miijhal's recommendations using the functionality you describe. Is it that obvious that I don't post very often? The small post count that I have must have been a big tip-off :v:

I just finished Husky and Medley yesterday, so in the spirit of that manga, I'll go ahead and do some of my own "reporting to thread..."

First, kudos and thanks to user Polyanna for providing the translation, as well as presenting it to us here. I don't think I enjoyed the manga as much as many other people here did, though. I thought the theme of the story was cute, and I thought it was rare that the plot actually has the two leads consummate their relationship. But, the presentation of the story didn't grab me. As the plot was based on an internet thread, it had a lot of internet lingo and ebonics pop up in the middle of things. More often than not, I found it to be distracting, and even a little crass, especially given the tender context in which these little asides would tend to appear. The beginning also threw me for a loop, as right off the bat I was a little put off by Medley's aggressive manner in pursuing Husky.

Ah, well. I don't regret it reading it, at any rate, and I'm down for supporting Goon translation efforts. Thanks again, Polyanna.

Now, I'll leaf through some of the aforementioned recommendations and figure out what to read next.

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
the new Aoi Hana is out. Another bummer chapter of which she's so good at doing. I don't think this manga ends well for either involved, honestly.

coathat
May 21, 2007

New Kuragehime it's amazing, absolutly amazing.

Also please read 7Seeds. It owns. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/102915/7-seeds_v20_ch105_by_tsukihana-scans

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Aoi Hana:45
Overall I actually feel better about where those two are at now, assuming that they make an attempt to talk about what's going on between them. It just felt more positive in the way it presented this chapter, there weren't any lines from the play used to contrast with what someone was feeling, Fumi made it to the play, even though she was running late, and even managed to get some flowers for Akira (even if she did forget the souvenirs). Plus Akira actively wanted to see Fumi before she went on stage.

Maybe I'm just being too optimistic, which is weird--I'm a pretty cynical person by nature, but I don't think their relationship is on the verge of disaster at all. Who knows if it will last forever, most first loves don't, but I think they have a lot more ups and downs ahead of them.

That does make me think about when/if Shimura wants to end the series. The end of high-school is the typical spot for young love manga to end, but depending on what happens, I would rather like to keep following Fumi's life beyond that.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:56 on May 22, 2012

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tonari no Kibutsu-kun is going to get an anime. Get hype!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

coathat posted:

I can't seem to ever get excited over anime adaptations of shoujo manga these days. They always seem to end before anything meaningful happens. The only recent exception I can think of is Kimi ni Todoke, and that's because we just luckily happened to get a second season.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

coathat posted:

Sukitte Ii na yo, too. Another series that I like pretty well. The protagonists are actually pretty similar, now that I think about it.

arisu posted:

I can't seem to ever get excited over anime adaptations of shoujo manga these days. They always seem to end before anything meaningful happens. The only recent exception I can think of is Kimi ni Todoke, and that's because we just luckily happened to get a second season.

You don't have to worry too much about that for these two series, in both they get together really early on and the series is more about their relationship ups and downs. I'm pretty sure in Sukitte Ii na yo, they're together by the end of the second chapter, and probably the end of the first volume in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I'm cautiously optimistic for both!

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

Kusaru posted:

Sukitte Ii na yo, too. Another series that I like pretty well. The protagonists are actually pretty similar, now that I think about it.

You don't have to worry too much about that for these two series, in both they get together really early on and the series is more about their relationship ups and downs. I'm pretty sure in Sukitte Ii na yo, they're together by the end of the second chapter, and probably the end of the first volume in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. I'm cautiously optimistic for both!

I haven't read Sukitte Ii na yo, and I may be wrong because it's been a while since I read it, but in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, aren't they still not together in the manga? I remember some kind of confessing going on but I remember that they still haven't quite gotten together. Again, it's been a long time since I read it though.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

arisu posted:

I haven't read Sukitte Ii na yo, and I may be wrong because it's been a while since I read it, but in Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, aren't they still not together in the manga? I remember some kind of confessing going on but I remember that they still haven't quite gotten together. Again, it's been a long time since I read it though.

I was pretty sure they were definitely together, but it's been almost half a year since I read it. What I remember of the Valentine's/birthday stuff in particular makes me feel is they're not "officially" a couple they may as well be.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Al Baron posted:

Good news on this front, kinda. Just $9000 for Bento to localize and publish the manga.

By the way, Alexander O. Smith is involved with this.
Update on the Math Girls manga kickstarter: it got funded a couple of hours ago.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, on the batoto manga reader someone posted a different translation of the last page of Aoi Hana chapter 45, and if true, kind of changes the impression the last page gives. I can't read even a word of Japanese so I can't tell if the revised version is more accurate or not.

Here they are to compare:
Aoi Hana spoilers for chapter 45
Last page as originally put online
Alternate translation
The raw, in case some one who reads Japanese wants to take a crack at it.

The re-done version kind of feels more like the impression that I got from the chapter, but since I can't actually read it, maybe I'm just projecting my interpretation on it.

I can't even think what the last new shoujo romance type thing that I watched was and I haven't read either of those just listed, but maybe one or both of them will be decent. I'm sure I'll check out at least a couple of episodes to see. I wonder what the next amazing josei show is going to be, with Kids on the Slope airing now and Chihayafuru the last couple of seasons that category has been the source of some really great shows.

coathat
May 21, 2007

Tonari is really good, but the translation is really bad for some of the chapters and it hasn't had a new release in forever.

The next josei anime is natsuki rendezvous and from the five chapters that have been translated it looks really solid. You should check out the kids on the slope manga too. It's honestly better than the anime.

GUITAR VILLAIN
Jan 27, 2008

I had a look at the first couple chapters of a handful of different series, in the hopes of getting hooked on one while I'm hibernating on Aoi Hana, and I wanted to share my thoughts on them so far. If anyone has read/seen these series, feel free to chime in with your own thoughts.

Imadoki
This is a series about a young girl who enrolls in a prestigious private high school populated by a bunch of snobby rich folks. Sound familiar? It's actually markedly different from Ouran High School Host Club - rather than the students being a group of more-or-less kindhearted buffoons who just don't know the price of milk, they are instead relentlessly cruel, constantly put down the heroine, and are probably the most unlikeable supporting cast I've ever seen. In typical shojo fashion, the female protagonist is unflappably plucky in the face of such adversity. The first couple of chapters were a slog, because the world just ceaselessly dumps on the lead, but its more comedic elements are just beginning to shine through.

Will you finish it?
Probably not. I might revisit it soon and take a chance on a few more chapters, but the obnoxiously rude cast is a hard sell, and the cynicism of the rich folks is just too oppressive.

Rating: :raise:

Living Game
Right from the get-go, I loved the art style of this manga. The opening scene was so classically slapstick, it was hard to not immediately be taken with. It's a seinen manga about a salaryman who moves into a spacious new apartment, only to have his company move all their equipment in with him, making his quarters ludicrously cramped. His woes are compounded by the fact that his boss has agreed to look after a family friend's daughter, and since nobody will rent to a minor in Tokyo, she needs to move in with our hero as well. It was alternately sweet and hilarious in equal doses, as the protagonist begins to act as a father figure to his new ward, who is ill-equipped to live in the city. Unfortunately, you soon find out that the young daughter, Izumi, has fallen in love with the lead, who is ten years her senior. The rest of the series is apparently about a romantic relationship between a 15 year old and a 25 year old. When I found this out, it was extremely off-putting. I didn't want to think about the two leads having any kind of romantic relationship, and their characters worked best when their relationship was filial.

Will you finish it?
I don't think so. It's a shame, because like I said, I loved the artwork in this series, and its humor was really growing on me, but I could just not handle the direction the plot went.

Rating: :smith:

Mahoromatic
I think this one is pretty well-known. It takes a fairly standard magical-girlfriend setup and adds a somewhat tragic subtext to the relationship that is explored later on. I watched the first season of the anime about ten years ago, so I can only remember the most salient particulars of the story. Young Suguru is a middle-schooler who is living on his own, but he has terrible housekeeping habits. He finally decides to get a maid to help with his housework, and lo and behold, the titular Mahoro, who just happens to be a battle-ready combat android, is the one who signs on to do the very thing.

Will you finish it?
I might give up on the manga and just watch the anime over again, as the second season apparently continues the manga's story to completion, and I do want to see how it ends. That said, there's a lot of dirty humor in Mahoromatic, and the artwork has racy imagery more often than not, which isn't really my thing. The characters are mostly unremarkable as well, which is another barrier to fully investing in this one.

Rating: :doh:

Tail of the Moon
At first glance, Tail of the Moon sounds rather unique. It's a shojo manga set in the Warring States period of Japan, and is about a young kunoichi that isn't very good at what she does, who falls in love with Hanzo Hattori. The Hanzo Hattori. It's certainly one of the strangest setups for a romantic comedy I'd ever heard of, and I love the setting of feudal Japan, so I thought it might be worth investigating.

Will you finish it?
In spite of how striking the setup was, what's followed so far has been a pretty by-the-numbers shojo manga. Hanzo is a rather indecisive dude, the female protagonist is like most other female shojo leads (clumsy, plucky, determined), and for a story about ninjas, there has been a distinct lack of action.

Rating: :crossarms:

GUITAR VILLAIN fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 24, 2012

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GUITAR VILLAIN posted:

Mahoromatic
I might give up on the manga and just watch the anime over again, as the second season apparently continues the manga's story to completion, and I do want to see how it ends.

:siren: ABORT! ABORT! :siren:

You do not want to see how it ends.

twinight
Aug 25, 2004

Paracelsus posted:

:siren: ABORT! ABORT! :siren:

You do not want to see how it ends.

No way, the ending(s) to Mahoromatic are the best things about it.

edit: Well, the anime one. Manga's alright.

twinight fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 25, 2012

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Mahoromatic's manga ending is great. Suguru did exactly what he said he'd do if Mahoro disappeared, he'd revert back to the way he used to be before Mahoro came into his life. With the addition of becoming a vengeful avatar of destruction whose sole reason for existence is hunting down and exterminating every last member of The Keepers. The creepy stuff is a bummer. There's not really any excuse for having so much of it and so detailed, dude's got a thing for little girls(and teachers). When the artist isn't perving out it's a cute short series that has some super wacky character designs and questionable art quality at many points.

I wouldn't hate cats if I could have one that was as big as a dog, could speak, shoot lasers, and had the personality of a crotchety old man.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 25, 2012

coathat
May 21, 2007

New Taiyou no Ie!! I'm worried about what's going to happen though. The next chapter cant come soon enough!

Mao's cooking and love of structure never let me down. Although it did make me really sad when Hiro realized that Mao was bad at chores because her parents never cared enough about her to teacher her the right way to do things.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

a kitten posted:

Huh, on the batoto manga reader someone posted a different translation of the last page of Aoi Hana chapter 45, and if true, kind of changes the impression the last page gives. I can't read even a word of Japanese so I can't tell if the revised version is more accurate or not.

Here they are to compare:
Aoi Hana spoilers for chapter 45
Last page as originally put online
Alternate translation
The raw, in case some one who reads Japanese wants to take a crack at it.

The re-done version kind of feels more like the impression that I got from the chapter, but since I can't actually read it, maybe I'm just projecting my interpretation on it.

I can't even think what the last new shoujo romance type thing that I watched was and I haven't read either of those just listed, but maybe one or both of them will be decent. I'm sure I'll check out at least a couple of episodes to see. I wonder what the next amazing josei show is going to be, with Kids on the Slope airing now and Chihayafuru the last couple of seasons that category has been the source of some really great shows.

The alternate translation is incorrect. The first one is much closer. She's saying that her relationship has become much less simple and isn't always fun and games.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh cool, thanks for taking a look at that. It doesn't drastically change my impressions of the story either way, but it does subtly shade them.

Two months is getting to be a long rear end time to wait for updates.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Haha, so I don't know how many people are reading Ah! My Goddess (I still am at least since I've been reading it for over 10 years), but the latest chapter just dropped this hysterical little nugget: Belldandy/Heaven have been supressing Keiichi's lust since the beginning, and that's why he hasn't progressed in the relationship :downs: Yeah, okay Fujishima.

GUITAR VILLAIN
Jan 27, 2008

I picked it up recently after having watched the anime many years ago. I was pretty into it until they introduced the gynoid that Banpei falls in love with; that whole arc just didn't work for me and I lost interest in the series shortly after that. Perhaps you can tell me, does it get any better?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's been way too long for me to remember when that was, but AMG's whole thing was that it pretty much has stayed the same, never getting better or worse. So I guess what I'm saying is that if there were some parts you liked, you will probably eventually see other parts you will like as well, and the same for anything you didn't like! I guess that comes with the territory when you have a romantic comedy serialized for 23 years.

To Fujishima's credit I suppose, the current arc has been relatively plot heavy and one of the longer ones in a great while. Maybe he's wrapping it up.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Apparently Prism is going to be on hold for a while because of plagiarism accusations. Hopefully not the case, but probably shouldn't get your hopes up on seeing the next chapter any time soon.

Sucks, too, since it was a lot better than it could have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Tired of angsty teens?
I present, Bonnouji!

Our main character Ozawa (age 26) has broken up with her boyfriend of many years, and ends up drunkenly stumbling to the apartment of Oyamada who lives in the same building as her. His apartment is full of strange crap his brother sends him. It's a cute story, and I like the fact that it's a story about adults that isn't some hentai nonsense.