Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Z3n posted:

I fear I've caught something I can't give up. :gay:

Your post was missing that. I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

It's cool that you've got a job that you like. gently caress being stuck in a lovely job that you hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Yeah, day 2 was great but I think I'm not gonna have much time for posting on the internet anymore :buddy:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Tomorrow I'm gonna weld up a different headlight enclosure for my bike and handle turn signals and some bar end mirror mounts/lever protectors. And I'll try and take some better pictures.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Nice GS...v...X...R6...50?

Nice GSVXR650!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

New mockup for headlight! Very different design from the other one!

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can do to get my attention away from that hideous tube frame. :(

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

KARMA! posted:

I'm sorry, but there's nothing you can do to get my attention away from that hideous tube frame. :(

Maybe he should just polish it then. :v:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

KARMA! posted:

Weld some sheet over it, hey presto bimota size beam frame.

Arcane
Nov 19, 2003

There are no girls on the internet!
More pictures cause he can't take them himself.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Alas, poor Yorick.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Z3n posted:

Alas, poor Yorick.

I knew him, Sigtrap. A turbo of infinite zest, of most excellent fancy, he hath crashed me on the track a thousand times

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

I knew him, Sigtrap. A turbo of infinite zest, of most excellent fancy, he hath crashed me on the track a thousand times

This is beautiful.

Anyways, it's sort of done. Im not entirely pleased with it but it will do.

Also need to reinstall the rear turn signals, and horn. Plus maybe hack up some side covers. And make mirror handguards. And get a narrower fatbar for city use. And make an exhaust. And...goddammit, does it ever end? :sigh:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Fresh grist for the hate mill:
http://hammarhead.com/

These people are stupid and suck.

I mean, really? Your loving switchgear looks like it was made out of a 5 year old's erector set and tinkertoys.

quote:

Concept: James Hammarhead
Assembly: Hammarhead Industries
Base: 2005-08 Triumph Scrambler
Power: 865cc Twin
Build Time: 90 days

Power? 865cc twin. So you left it stock.

And it takes you 90 days to swap some handlebars, put some dual sport tires on it, and lift the fender?

Or maybe you do something else but no one loving knows because you don't believe in spec sheets for your motorcycles, no, you sell on passion and soul and pictures of people taking pictures of your motorcycle.

One day I'm going to start a motorcycle customization business called "Go gently caress Yourself Fabrication". When anyone asks me who did my bike mods I'll tell them to gently caress themselves.

That's it folks. That's what 10k over the cost of your 2005-2008 Scrambler gets you.

Motorcyclists are terrible.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 18, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shops like that are the modern day equivalent of the $80,000 chopper shop of 2005

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Shops like that are the modern day equivalent of the $80,000 chopper shop of 2005

Man he spent 3 sleepless nights to build that bike that would have normally taken him 90 days.

Also welcome in the new fad:

MILITARY GEAR HIPSTERS:
http://www.tripleaughtdesign.com/

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Olde Weird Tip posted:

We really need a hipster emoticon.
:spergin: is the closest I can find.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

We really need a hipster emoticon.
:spergin: is the closest I can find.

Give :spergin: some glasses, a pbr and a macbook air

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

(a macbook air would be too big, so I gave him those retarded earrings and a faux-hawk instead)

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:58 on May 18, 2012

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Sagebrush posted:

(a macbook air would be too big, so I gave him those retarded earrings and a faux-hawk instead)

this works for me

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

A thing of beauty.....

:spipster:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Did some gymkhana and hung out with MotoMind. It was fun. Took some pictures of the bike, finally. All ready to go back to work on Monday :v:

Commodore_64
Feb 16, 2011

love thy likpa

I think your frame needs some :krad: bass boat blue stripes to go with the rims.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face
I told him I liked it only because the little red strip under the tank makes it look like he's aware of Christian Louboutin's trademark.

Yes I like shoes, leave me alone.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I notice shoes way more now than I did in the past. Lots of shoes at my office.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Gettin' all Olde Weird Tip up in here:

Not mine, but did the purchasing for Xovaan...
2001 Bandit 1200
-1216 big bore kit
-GSXR1100 cams
-KN air filters
-Jetted carbs
-full Dale Walker Holeshot Exhaust
-ASV levers
-aftermarket windscreen
-pyramid rear hugger
-190/55 rear tire
-new EK ZZZ 530 chain and sprockets
-braided brake lines
-top end oiling kit
-race tech valves and springs (just installed with new bushings and seals)
-new spark plugs just installed
-new all balls steering stem bearings just installed
-Busa rear shock
-reg'd with clear title in hand
-including extra parts such as brand new Barnett clutch kit, service manual, etc

Best part:

$1200.

gently caress what a steal.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Thanks again, dude. You're the best! Sorry it took so long to track down a bike. :buddy:

Parts will be at GP sports on Friday and I'll probably cruise up after class with them.

Oh, and what does it sound like?

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
How the gently caress did you score that for $1200????!!!!!! That is a loving awesome bike.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

How the gently caress did you score that for $1200????!!!!!! That is a loving awesome bike.

It is an awesome bike. Right place at the right time and moved quickly.

Xovaan posted:

Thanks again, dude. You're the best! Sorry it took so long to track down a bike. :buddy:

Parts will be at GP sports on Friday and I'll probably cruise up after class with them.

Oh, and what does it sound like?

Cool, sounds good. It's loud and raspy.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
Yo Z3n do me a favor and buy me a cheap metric cruiser so I can fly up and ride it home thanks in advance.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Bunway Airlines posted:

I told him I liked it only because the little red strip under the tank makes it look like he's aware of Christian Louboutin's trademark.

Yes I like shoes, leave me alone.

Louboutin exhibition at the design museum in London*. Jealous much?

http://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/2012/christian-louboutin

You should send Z3N on a fact finding trip.

* no, I didn't go! :stare:

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Z3n posted:

2001 Bandit 1200
-1216 big bore kit
-GSXR1100 cams
-KN air filters
-Jetted carbs
-ASV levers
-aftermarket windscreen
-pyramid rear hugger
-190/55 rear tire
-braided brake lines
-top end oiling kit
-Busa rear shock
-including extra parts such as brand new Barnett clutch kit, service manual, etc

Best part:

$1200.

Whattt hte fuckkkkk :argh:

That would cost ~7500 dollars over here.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

2001 Bandit 1200
-1216 big bore kit
-GSXR1100 cams
-KN air filters
-Jetted carbs
-ASV levers
-aftermarket windscreen
-pyramid rear hugger
-190/55 rear tire
-braided brake lines
-top end oiling kit
-Busa rear shock

Best part:

$1200.

Thats a "I hope the PO doesnt know something that you dont" kind of deal. That bike has a TON of money invested in it, and will be insanely quick.

Bunway Airlines
Jan 12, 2008

Raptor Face

Saga posted:

Shoes as art....I suppose I like that.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Thats a "I hope the PO doesnt know something that you dont" kind of deal. That bike has a TON of money invested in it, and will be insanely quick.

Well, the PO^2 is a barfer and posted up in the for sale thread asking if I had any questions, so I shot him a PM :)

BotchedLobotomy posted:

Yo Z3n do me a favor and buy me a cheap metric cruiser so I can fly up and ride it home thanks in advance.

kk

Saga posted:

What, too busy sniping deals at the local shoe stores? :v:

KARMA! posted:

That would cost ~7500 dollars over here.
:911:

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
No, counselling sessions for my foot fetish.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Z3n posted:

2001 Bandit 1200
-1216 big bore kit
-GSXR1100 cams
-KN air filters
-Jetted carbs
-ASV levers
-aftermarket windscreen
-pyramid rear hugger
-190/55 rear tire
-braided brake lines
-top end oiling kit
-Busa rear shock

Best part:

$1200.

:stare::fh:

I hate you and your ridiculous finds on bikes. Snag it off cl or was this a buddy buddy type deal?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Well, the PO^2 is a barfer and posted up in the for sale thread asking if I had any questions, so I shot him a PM

Thankfully Bandits are so bulletproof that its actually pretty tough to buy a lemon.

In my time in the Bandit world, the only big snag I'd see people get caught in is the countershaft seal leaking. On the Bandit thats an engine-out split the cases affair, which is a huge pain in the rear end.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

KARMA! posted:

That would cost ~11000 dollars over here.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

^^^ I wasn't kidding when I said I could find you a bike for cheaper than you could rent one :v: ^^^

Saga posted:

No, counselling sessions for my foot fetish.

:golfclap:

needknees posted:

:stare::fh:

I hate you and your ridiculous finds on bikes. Snag it off cl or was this a buddy buddy type deal?
Snag off BARF. There's still occasionally screaming deals on there, but it's not like the old glory days...

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Thankfully Bandits are so bulletproof that its actually pretty tough to buy a lemon.

In my time in the Bandit world, the only big snag I'd see people get caught in is the countershaft seal leaking. On the Bandit thats an engine-out split the cases affair, which is a huge pain in the rear end.

drat is there any preventative maintenance that can be done to stop it or is it just one of those things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

drat is there any preventative maintenance that can be done to stop it or is it just one of those things?

Keep the countershaft sprocket area clean, no excessive chain tightness, thats about it. Its rare that they go, but when they do its a bitch.

There are guys with 100K on their Bandits that have the original CS seal, and some go at 20K, just keep it clean in there.

• Locked thread