Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Kelly, were you visible in the New York show?

No. :(

I was pausing as we watched over crowd shots but alas, I was nowhere to be found. Maybe tonight since they seem to be mixing the two days together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Kelly posted:

No. :(

I was pausing as we watched over crowd shots but alas, I was nowhere to be found. Maybe tonight since they seem to be mixing the two days together.

Where abouts were you sitting?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The editing on AGT is driving me nuts, two hours of fluff, the whole thing seems like a commercial, I can't stand it. Give me the gong show, show the act, make the jokes, repeat.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The only thing worse than AGT chat is Howard and Robin passive-aggressively questioning network scheduling

"Are people going to turn it on tonight and be like HURF IS RERUN ON WEEK TWO??? I just don't know Robin"

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

AxeManiac posted:

The editing on AGT is driving me nuts, two hours of fluff, the whole thing seems like a commercial, I can't stand it. Give me the gong show, show the act, make the jokes, repeat.

Yeah it's really getting unbearable for me. I'm holding out hope that the live show might be something great, what with how insanely edited it is otherwise. I did like when he said "Robin, I'm not cut out for this!" during the whole crying kid sequence, seemed like he reverted to his radio self for awhile in NY.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

Holy Calamity! posted:

I did like when he said "Robin, I'm not cut out for this!" during the whole crying kid sequence, seemed like he reverted to his radio self for awhile in NY.

It made me think that if Robin has to take an extended leave of absence for her health issues, he'll be really lost on the air without her.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

You guys are strong. I didn't make it through 15 minutes of the first episode.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Kragger99 posted:

Where abouts were you sitting?

First balcony 7 or 8 rows up. Above that monster camera setup they have in the middle up high.

Tonight will be it for me with AGT. It's incredibly lame, even with Howard on it. It is really tough to sit through even when I am scanning the crowd for myself.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
I watched last night. The main thing I got out of it was holy poo poo Nick Canon is annoying. The editing is weird too.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

It seems more like an outlet for whatever the current pop artists are on the charts to make more money. Like having a terrestrial radio station on. As Howard would criticize other shows, it's just so busy!

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
Dear god, Beth's twitter feed is solid gold. She's such a know-it-all with no sense of humor. How she can be married to Howard is beyond me.

I'm a couple days behind, has there been any movement on the Richard/Ronnie bj?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Lisa G alert. Front and center interviewing Howie.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
I was listening to a show from last week or whenever and Bobo said that AGT was the best show on television right now. The best show on television.

Yeah I agree, shows like Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones aren't poo poo next to AGT.

I hope he gets hit by a drunk driver.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

chiz posted:

I was listening to a show from last week or whenever and Bobo said that AGT was the best show on television right now. The best show on television.

I'm pretty sure Robin's tumor posses more intelligence than Bobo.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

How she can be married to Howard is beyond me.

She is skinny, hot and likes nice things.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Vakal posted:

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that he posed as a family member in order to get into the hospital when one of Howard's children were born. That is just so loving weird.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Vakal posted:

"Robin's tumor in New York, you're on the air"

"Hey Howard, I was wondering if you've ever made love to Beth right after taking a big poo poo or if you have to shower first?"

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Tonight's AGT opened with Howard doing an impression of his parents while we got live reaction shots of them, and Howard pulled his dad on stage during the first act to give a "Don't be stupid you moron" (holy poo poo).

It was all a bit forced but loving awesome nontheless.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

2 minutes 41 seconds in on AGT ep3 is that Lisa G holding a mike up to howie mandel?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Looks like it.

chiz
Sep 28, 2002
lookit dem d cups :haw:

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

She should have worn the Mustard coat.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

George has the patience of a saint to put up with Howard and Gary.

Edit: How weird is it that I've listened to the show for nearly an hour and haven't noticed Robin wasn't there.

musclecoder fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 23, 2012

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
So does this put an end to the Colin Quinn=Gonzo thing? Still not sure, if they really were dedicated to the bit they could have taped the call beforehand.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

porkfriedrice posted:

So does this put an end to the Colin Quinn=Gonzo thing? Still not sure, if they really were dedicated to the bit they could have taped the call beforehand.

Gonzo doesn't seem to be nearly as funny as Colin is, but maybe that's part of the gimmick. :shrug:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

prefect posted:

Gonzo doesn't seem to be nearly as funny as Colin is, but maybe that's part of the gimmick. :shrug:

Gonzo is hilarious.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sand Monster posted:

Gonzo is hilarious.

Colin is funnier. :colbert:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

No Robin today? I didn't hear them say she wasn't in (tuned in around 7) and didn't hear her say a word for the hour and a half I had it on.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

No Robin today? I didn't hear them say she wasn't in (tuned in around 7) and didn't hear her say a word for the hour and a half I had it on.

They're talking about it on the WCF right now, but she's out having a "procedure" today.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Time to start the "Sal Employment Watch":

some other forum posted:

they were having this long discussion about sal wanting veneers and spending 12k on it -- after about 5 or 10 minutes, Sal shot back "Well you got your teeth done" -- the subject was changed not long thereafter :hhh:

I hope he's still got a job next week. :ohdear:

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

prefect posted:

Time to start the "Sal Employment Watch":

I hope he's still got a job next week. :ohdear:

I think Howard has admitted having his teeth done.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

They're talking about it on the WCF right now, but she's out having a "procedure" today.

I can count on one hand the number of times Robin has missed the show.
I hope it's not cancer.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Manifest posted:

I can count on one hand the number of times Robin has missed the show.
I hope it's not cancer.

Yeah, she may not do much, but she is always there to do it.

God speed and a quick Recovery Robin, I'm going to pick up a box of Mike and Ike's and pray for you.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I guess I'm in the minority of fans that love Robin.
Without her insane rich lady activities I don't think the show would ever have been as fun. It also sounds like Howard really loves her like family, and I can't imagine him continuing the show if something happened to her.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Manifest posted:

I guess I'm in the minority of fans that love Robin.
Without her insane rich lady activities I don't think the show would ever have been as fun. It also sounds like Howard really loves her like family, and I can't imagine him continuing the show if something happened to her.

I am definitely not a Robin hater, though I can see why people think she is annoying. That said, it was really weird to have the show on without her. I recall a few years ago she missed a couple days for jury duty or something, but can't recall another time the show went on without her.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Did George get to talk more today because of it?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kelly posted:

I am definitely not a Robin hater, though I can see why people think she is annoying. That said, it was really weird to have the show on without her. I recall a few years ago she missed a couple days for jury duty or something, but can't recall another time the show went on without her.

I get mad when Robin starts saying stupid poo poo about medicine/health and people take her seriously. And I'm really disappointed in her news-reading performance the last few years -- she pretty obviously doesn't read anything before going on the air with it. But she really was a huge asset back in Ye Goode Olde Dayes -- possibly the single best person at tormenting Baba Booey and stuttering John. (And Grillo, too.)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

Did George get to talk more today because of it?

Yes, he even had an actual conversation with Fred of all people.

Besides the creepy Hasselhoff interview, I really enjoyed today's show.

Personally, I wouldn't care if Robin never came back.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Vakal posted:

Yes, he even had an actual conversation with Fred of all people.

Besides the creepy Hasselhoff interview, I really enjoyed today's show.

Personally, I wouldn't care if Robin never came back.

Busting on Lisa G and Sal today was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Kelly posted:

I think she's a lot like Brian Redban on Joe Rogan's podcast: She's kind of lame, but the show wouldn't be what it is without her.

Also I'm not afraid to admit that I have had a few belly laughs for things she's said when goofing on a number of things over the years.