Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
target fixation

Here's Honda's $810 bike being sold in India:

I'd totally buy one for $800. 8.5 horsepower and 170MPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

_Dav
Dec 24, 2008

hayden. posted:

target fixation

I'd also get one, it's like a slightly downgraded CBF125. I kinda would like a disc on the front though :/

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

For $800 you're lucky the brakes aren't a wooden stick you press against the tire.

Also it supposedly has a top speed of 70MPH. I'd love to have a bike that I could absolutely trash and not give a poo poo about because gently caress it, a brand new one is less than a grand.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
You guys like chrome, right?

:barf:

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

That's actually pretty cool looking, but the gold chain/black kickstand/black calipers sees a little off/lazy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hayden. posted:

That's actually pretty cool looking, but the gold chain/black kickstand/black calipers sees a little off/lazy.

Not to mention the tires. He should at least stick on a set of these

(tires impregnated with aluminum particles for heat control, only ever used on the SR-71)

Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I still do not understand how he managed to hit that bike. It's like he AIMED for it.

Probably because he was loving filming with his phone in one hand!

Shanky
Jan 22, 2002

I was hoping his tire would pop and that would cause the crash.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Shanky posted:

I was hoping his tire would pop and that would cause the crash.

I knew that area looked familiar. I'm curious as to why I never heard about this. It's literally a half mile from my house. And not literally for emphasis. I mean it's actually a half mile from where I live.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

I wonder if these idiot fucks ever go out and get proper gear after they wreck.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

An observer posted:

If my local craigslist is any indication they usually just sell their wadded bikes because they can't ride for a year+ due to injuries.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

PS this bike is awesome:

http://us.deuscustoms.com/motorcycle/smokey-joe/

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Sagebrush posted:

Not to mention the tires. He should at least stick on a set of these

(tires impregnated with aluminum particles for heat control, only ever used on the SR-71)

Actually, that's not quite true. One other big rear end Mach 3 aircraft had them, and it was a lot bigger than the SR71/A12

Valkyrie http://www.ninfinger.org/models/vault2008/xb70%20landing%20gear/XB70%20MLG%20tires.jpg

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Anyone want to speculate on what made him go down exactly? Looked like he had a level of control over his, you must admit, fairly sick burnout up until the front end just washed out for reasons I can't quite see.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Anyone want to speculate on what made him go down exactly? Looked like he had a level of control over his, you must admit, fairly sick burnout up until the front end just washed out for reasons I can't quite see.

I think someone mentioned somewhere that there's a bit of a bump in the road along the motorway where he lost it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

slidebite posted:

Actually, that's not quite true. One other big rear end Mach 3 aircraft had them, and it was a lot bigger than the SR71/A12

Valkyrie http://www.ninfinger.org/models/vault2008/xb70%20landing%20gear/XB70%20MLG%20tires.jpg

Pfft, those ones were just painted with metallic paint. The tires on the Blackbird were molded with aluminum in the rubber.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

hayden. posted:

target fixation

Those forks look like tooth picks. :stare:

EDIT: I'd buy one.

DOUBLE EDIT: For my Dad.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Shimrod posted:

I think someone mentioned somewhere that there's a bit of a bump in the road along the motorway where he lost it.

What boggles me most is that this is a very busy stretch of I-270 just easy of the STL airport. I drive it several times a year. Dozens of these idiots just stopped in the center of the road after a guy went down in the median.

What a bunch of idiots.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

angryhampster posted:

Dozens of these idiots just stopped in the center of the road after a guy went down in the median.

It was some kind of huge stuntaz ride and they made a rolling roadblock across the whole highway, so nobody was getting through anyway. Here's more of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFiOITXtRVM

Eventually the police made their own roadblock, and there's a video that I can't find right now of the stuntaz acting like a bunch of jackasses and skittering all over the place "evading" the cops.

VVVV are those really tulips? you got strange ones out there

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 23, 2012

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Brappin amongst the tulips

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

It was some kind of huge stuntaz ride and they made a rolling roadblock across the whole highway, so nobody was getting through anyway. Here's more of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFiOITXtRVM

Eventually the police made their own roadblock, and there's a video that I can't find right now of the stuntaz acting like a bunch of jackasses and skittering all over the place "evading" the cops.

That dude at the end standing completely upright and backwards on his seat. Wow.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

No idea, just some wildflowers I would imagine

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

blue squares posted:

That dude at the end standing completely upright and backwards on his seat. Wow.

IIRC he was tweeting/updating FB status or some other social media thing while doing that. (Maybe it's mentioned in the video, don't have sound in office)

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

God drat that is a hell of a lot of motorcycles.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

An observer posted:

Amazingly, it seemed like everyone who fell made contact only with with the tiny amount of gear they were actually wearing. Mr. Burnout has a back (and probably chest) protector on, you can see it under his shredded "I DONT STOP FOR COPS" shirt. What I learned from this video is that gloves, helmet, and a chest/back protector are all you need.

blue squares posted:

What got me was the sheer length of time he did it, never once looking over his shoulder, at, you know, the direction in which he was traveling.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Marv Hushman posted:

I don't know what that is, but there was a Mille put up for sale locally that hasn't cracked a thousand miles. I thought I was looking at my own death, or at least its instrument.

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/3027559851.html

Aprilia Moto GP CRT bike I guess?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

That's pretty close how my CB125 project will turn out. Except I'll have knobby tires on it, a shorter seat, and a bigger gas tank. It's going to be a fun little trail bike.

hayden. posted:

You can't say this in the pictures thread and then not post a picture of it as it is now.
Here you go

VVVV Truth. VVVV

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:32 on May 23, 2012

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

That's pretty close how my CB125 project will turn out. Except I'll have knobby tires on it, a shorter seat, and a bigger gas tank. It's going to be a fun little trail bike.

You can't say this in the pictures thread and then not post a picture of it as it is now.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

frunksock posted:

What got me was the sheer length of time he did it, never once looking over his shoulder, at, you know, the direction in which he was traveling.

America, land of the perfectly straight road, no way you could do that on Irish roads I doubt there's a mile of road in this country that doesn't have some sort of a bend in it.

edit, some pictures from last night, we went to liberate the Akrapovic system from the fireblade in these pictures before the local streetfighterer's butchered it. Swapped it for the spurious stainless system + ART can on my mates blade, although somehow we managed not to take any pics after we were finished.

echomadman fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 23, 2012

PyxlWyz
Jan 9, 2007
whats the story on that sexy black 2-stroke?

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

slidebite posted:

If the riding game challenge was your bike with a wild ruminant you could have so had it.

Altho I do see a rope around its neck so it may not be completely wild. This picture looks completely normal for the midwest where I grew up (OK), but not something I expected to find on a Caribbean island (St Thomas).

And for content, this was taken 1/4 mile down the road from the cow.

Love the 2-stroke inspired heat shield.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

PyxlWyz posted:

whats the story on that sexy black 2-stroke?

Its an aprilla rs125 i think, the guy that owns the garage has a 17 year old son who's building it, the nsr80 with the 3 on the tail in the background of the other pics is his ride at the moment.

also here's a pic of johns bike with the new system on it

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Not cycle related all, but holy poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB3bf2oeOQo

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Saga posted:

Aprilia Moto GP CRT bike I guess?

Nope, the fearsome Cube.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Nope, the fearsome Cube.

Beautiful bike, such a pity it was so terrible.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Nope, the fearsome Cube.

Pneumatic valves.

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

SaNChEzZ posted:

Not cycle related all, but holy poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB3bf2oeOQo
The guy who edited that, I want to bludgeon him to death.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Sagebrush posted:

Pfft, those ones were just painted with metallic paint. The tires on the Blackbird were molded with aluminum in the rubber.

Actually, according to my book
http://www.amazon.com/Valkyrie-North-Americans-Superbomber-Specialty/dp/1580071309/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337827959&sr=1-3

Aluminum was blended into the rubber AND they were painted

:colbert: :colbert:

According to this completely uncited webpage, they were too:

http://www.funtrivia.com/en/subtopics/The-XB-70-Do-you-know-the-ways-of-the-Valkyrie-124963.html

:)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

HNasty posted:

Pneumatic valves.

What about them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Saw this today in another forum
Dan having another bad day just as he was getting some courage

Only registered members can see post attachments!