Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
There is no one in the Stern universe that I despise more than Lisa G. She's just so painfully unfunny and seems to not get the show on any level. She crowed "That's not nice" like 5 times while they were calling her out for being a goddamn loon for charging $100 to sit around and eat cookies with her at a "Sweet n greet".

I was in heaven when they were talking about how lonely and sad she seems, they can never go too far with that as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what it is but I can't find a single thing to like about Lisa, she comes across as a huge oval office (especially with the Benjy stuff) and I don't get why they even keep her around.

Howard gave a pretty touching Robin recap around an hour into the show when they acknowledged that she was gone. Count me in as someone who didn't even realize she was gone for 45 minutes and didn't mind her absence at all.

I'm listening to the Sal ball-busting now and it's great. $12,000 for vaneers.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 23, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Vakal posted:

Yes, he even had an actual conversation with Fred of all people.

Besides the creepy Hasselhoff interview, I really enjoyed today's show.

Personally, I wouldn't care if Robin never came back.

David Hasselhoff is a total creeper. I am glad I am not the only who got that vibe. What a loving weirdo.

Holy Calamity! posted:

There is no one in the Stern universe that I despise more than Lisa G. She's just so painfully unfunny and seems to not get the show on any level. She crowed "That's not nice" like 5 times while they were calling her out for being a goddamn loon for charging $100 to sit around and eat cookies with her at a "Sweet n greet".

I was in heaven when they were talking about how lonely and sad she seems, they can never go too far with that as far as I'm concerned. I don't know what it is but I can't find a single thing to like about Lisa, she comes across as a huge oval office (especially with the Benjy stuff) and I don't get why they even keep her around.

I'm listening to the Sal ball-busting now and it's great. $12,000 for vaneers.

The women who listen to Howard aren't the types of people to be uncomfortable with dude humor - quite the opposite. I will stand in line for three hours for the AGT taping or sit on hold for two hours to get on air (they hung up on me before I even got on, jerks) but I wouldn't go to Lisa's Sweet n Greet if it was free, never mind $100. Which is bad because I am pretty sure I am her key constituency - a superfan with disposable income (i.e. not a wackpacker) who is a female.

She just has zero sense of humor - about herself or anything.

One of Sal's kids must be getting close to high school age, right? And he is blowing his money on his teeth?

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:33 on May 23, 2012

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
I'm tempted to go to Ronnie's block party when it hits LA in September, if not just to see the trainwreck himself.
But Lisa G? She makes me miss Penny Crone.

Also $10 says Jackie comes back and sits in for the show before Artie ever does.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I was sure Lisa G was hired as a goof by Howard then he just pussed out and was nice to her. She is quite empty and horrible at her job and is insane. That cult of Benjy thing she had going on was like a lovely version of Basic Instinct and she does nothing but complain and pretend she is more important than anyone else.

You can always see her ratting people out and standing behind others sticking her tongue out. She got permission to be involved with things HowardTV does by complaining and you can always see her stupidly sticking her DAT tape thing in the face of anyone in the behind the scenes footage, because SHE NEEDS THE SCOOP and doesn't understand magic TV boxes capture sound probably a million times better then her 1920's Newsies microphone.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The only thing that Lisa G has ever done of any use or humor whatsoever is when she participated in the Roll Call segments a few years back.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

The only thing that Lisa G has ever done of any use or humor whatsoever is when she participated in the Roll Call segments a few years back.

That and when they ripped on her for claiming she was a DD.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Or the five minutes they spent on focused on her when deciding which staff member to make that Real Doll out of. She was really grossed out initially then it came out that she's even against having a relationship with a co-worker because it's "gross", which lead to one of my favorite Artie lines ever:

"What, you never had a co-worker make a doll that looked exactly like you then had sex with it?"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

AxeManiac posted:

I was sure Lisa G was hired as a goof by Howard then he just pussed out and was nice to her. She is quite empty and horrible at her job and is insane. That cult of Benjy thing she had going on was like a lovely version of Basic Instinct and she does nothing but complain and pretend she is more important than anyone else.

You can always see her ratting people out and standing behind others sticking her tongue out. She got permission to be involved with things HowardTV does by complaining and you can always see her stupidly sticking her DAT tape thing in the face of anyone in the behind the scenes footage, because SHE NEEDS THE SCOOP and doesn't understand magic TV boxes capture sound probably a million times better then her 1920's Newsies microphone.

She also takes shits at work.
Takes shits at work
Takes shits at work

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
Somewhere, a midget is hanging himself. Diana DeGarmo just got proposed to on American Idol.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
As annoying as Lisa is, this is the billionth time Howard has really railed on a staff member for trying to make money outside of the show. He hates the very idea of it so this was nothing but 20 minutes of passive aggressive bullshit from him which is funny since it used to just be full on aggressive hatred about it.

In fairness, she pretty much avoided telling the true reason behind it until the end when she let out a shrill "maybe" so it's partly on her as well.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Millstone posted:

Somewhere, a midget is hanging himself. Diana DeGarmo just got proposed to on American Idol.

John...bring...me...a length...of....rope.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Crotch Bat posted:

As annoying as Lisa is, this is the billionth time Howard has really railed on a staff member for trying to make money outside of the show. He hates the very idea of it so this was nothing but 20 minutes of passive aggressive bullshit from him which is funny since it used to just be full on aggressive hatred about it.

In fairness, she pretty much avoided telling the true reason behind it until the end when she let out a shrill "maybe" so it's partly on her as well.

They get paid poo poo and tortured by Howard's fans just the same without the giant paycheck, he should be all for them squeezing money when they can as long as they don't use his name.

Who the gently caress would go eat cookies with LisaG and expect Howard to be involved?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

AxeManiac posted:

They get paid poo poo and tortured by Howard's fans just the same without the giant paycheck, he should be all for them squeezing money when they can as long as they don't use his name.

Who the gently caress would go eat cookies with LisaG and expect Howard to be involved?

The same people who call Nick and Artie and start talking like its an extension of The Howard Stern Show.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
Man, I was loving positive that Gonzo was Colin. So weird...

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

If you listened to the Octomom interview the other day, it really reminds you of Lisa G. Not that Lisa is deranged and has 14 kids, but they both supposedly have an interest in men but have a weird hangup about sex. Lisa puts on this attitude like she's a princess and no man is good enough for her, but I think that's a cover for the fact she doesn't have a normal human drive for relationships or intimacy.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

I rather enjoy lisa g on the show just because she is a such prim and proper princess. I mean there she is getting quized about her non-existant sex life, how big her tits are and her making GBS threads habits, quite a good sport really. And I think she is very cute but im like 40.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Daryl DBD posted:

Man, I was loving positive that Gonzo was Colin. So weird...

I thought Ned was Manson until I went to his salvage yard in Pinellas Park and bought some chrome trim pieces for my Grand Marquis from him. Threw in a couple Bubba Army stickers with the deal.

Performula
Apr 7, 2009
About 45 minutes into the Stern Show, I hadn't even noticed that Robin was missing... Then when Howard said it out loud, I thought "oh, uhm... ok," and shrugged it off.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I don't hate her and pull my hair out when she cackles and talks like some others do, but I guess I learned today that the show isn't so horrible without her.

Performula fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 24, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Seaside Loafer posted:

I rather enjoy lisa g on the show just because she is a such prim and proper princess. I mean there she is getting quized about her non-existant sex life, how big her tits are and her making GBS threads habits, quite a good sport really. And I think she is very cute but im like 40.

She's definitely good looking for her age. The problem is she has the most penis-deflating personality you're going to find. She's not outgoing, she's not fun, she's just very stuffy and inhibited and no guy wants to deal with that stuff. I also imagine(ugh) she fucks like a dead fish and so anyone actually managing to seal the deal with her will make it a one-time only thing.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Crotch Bat posted:

She's definitely good looking for her age. The problem is she has the most penis-deflating personality you're going to find. She's not outgoing, she's not fun, she's just very stuffy and inhibited and no guy wants to deal with that stuff. I also imagine(ugh) she fucks like a dead fish and so anyone actually managing to seal the deal with her will make it a one-time only thing.

Once she finds that Jewish Kennedy she's looking for, I bet she'll bang his brains out. :rolleye:

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Crotch Bat posted:

She comes off as Stalker Patti, but without the stalker part.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Ether Frenzy posted:

Which was fantastic because Lisa G didn't understand that they were doing it to make fun of how idiotic those segments were. She was really into it. It probably brought back memories for her of getting chased down the street by fans.

prefect posted:

Once she finds that Jewish Kennedy she's looking for, I bet she'll bang his brains out. :rolleye:

Except she isn't going to find that and will forever be dancing in her apartment with her cat.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Former Human posted:

If you listened to the Octomom interview the other day, it really reminds you of Lisa G. Not that Lisa is deranged and has 14 kids, but they both supposedly have an interest in men but have a weird hangup about sex. Lisa puts on this attitude like she's a princess and no man is good enough for her, but I think that's a cover for the fact she doesn't have a normal human drive for relationships or intimacy.

Remember when she was dating that sports guy from some other NYC station? They went on a few dates and then she announced on the air that they "broke up" and stated that one main reason was because he worked a later shift.

Then they track the guy down and find out that he and Lisa never discussed anything. She broke up with a guy live on the air without even talking to him about it.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Millstone posted:

Foiled again...

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world
IMO the best Lisa Glasberg segment was when she thought a drunken Henry Hill was coming on to her, when he really just wanted a Carmel Macchiato.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

IMO the best Lisa Glasberg segment was when she thought a drunken Henry Hill was coming on to her, when he really just wanted a Carmel Macchiato.

"He said he wanted to come on my face!"

Even if he had said that, should anyone working for that show be shocked? Utterly humorless.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That doesn't seem like something she would handle well.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

Kelly posted:

One of Sal's kids must be getting close to high school age, right? And he is blowing his money on his teeth?

Remember when Howard pranked Sal by telling him that the contract wouldn't be renewed? Sal probably hasn't put a dime away in preparation for 2015 or whenever the contract expires.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

Remember when Howard pranked Sal by telling him that the contract wouldn't be renewed? Sal probably hasn't put a dime away in preparation for 2015 or whenever the contract expires.

Ya but his wife also spends 5k on hand bags and demands to drive a Mercedes.
Meanwhile, Sal is forced to sleep on fans couches while on the road because he cant afford a hotel.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

A Intimate Rimjobs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeeE6bz4MVE

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Ya but his wife also spends 5k on hand bags and demands to drive a Mercedes.
Meanwhile, Sal is forced to sleep on fans couches while on the road because he cant afford a hotel.

Jesus I wouldn't want Sal sleeping in the same city as me even if half of his creepiness is schtick.

For some reason I am fascinated by Sal's life. It seems like he was president of fifteen different fan clubs. He convinced his mom to loan him $7K to try and get his rap career off the ground. I can't figure out whether his wife is a horrible person naturally or he has driven her to be a horrible person. I don't understand why they don't get a divorce instead of staying together for the kids until one of them kills the other.

And who tells Bobby Flay that his hamburgers are so good it's like eating pussy?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I've listened to this weeks show for a George Takei fix, and yesterday Howard explained his introduction to meeting Robin and their early career and it was both touching and sad. It almost felt like she had already passed on.

For those that missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKXfb-8IZAM

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

-Atom- posted:

It almost felt like she had already passed on.

Yeah, I had that vibe listening, too. It was awkward.

all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah
God I miss this show, I hate being out of the country with the Army sometimes because I enjoyed cruising in my whip and listening to some Stern. Have things dropped off even more in the last year? If so, how much and why?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

I've missed most of this week, did Howard ever talk about Sal's wife hanging out next to a dude who was jerking off at Sal's Brazzers event?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

-Atom- posted:

I've listened to this weeks show for a George Takei fix, and yesterday Howard explained his introduction to meeting Robin and their early career and it was both touching and sad. It almost felt like she had already passed on.

For those that missed it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKXfb-8IZAM

I thought it was very poignant and I couldn't help but realize (or remember) how much Robin is part of the history and the reason for the show existing at all.

Then Maryanne from loving Brooklyn kept interrupting. That's the Stern show in a nutshell for me. Howard goes into what seemed like an unrehearsed monologue summing up his feelings for Robin, with no sound effects or morning zoo bullshit, just a real emotional silence, yet a crow voiced obsessed fan can't shut the gently caress up even for a eulogy.

It's still the best show ever for me.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Has Hateman commented on Robin yet?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bonzo posted:

Has Hateman commented on Robin yet?

Does Hateman still call in? That guy could be funny as hell. (Although he did end up in ruts sometimes when it seemed like he didn't have any ideas, so he'd just scream "oval office" over and over again.)

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Jesus I wouldn't want Sal sleeping in the same city as me even if half of his creepiness is schtick.

For some reason I am fascinated by Sal's life. It seems like he was president of fifteen different fan clubs. He convinced his mom to loan him $7K to try and get his rap career off the ground. I can't figure out whether his wife is a horrible person naturally or he has driven her to be a horrible person. I don't understand why they don't get a divorce instead of staying together for the kids until one of them kills the other.

And who tells Bobby Flay that his hamburgers are so good it's like eating pussy?

Sal's wife got use to Sal making 6 figures a year as a stock broker. She still cant deal with the fact that he makes 50% less and lets Richard lick his taint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

It also reminds me of the time Bob Schimmel's daughter was on and said she didn't even like looking at a penis and refused to ever give a blowjob because then should would have to see a penis "up close" which she couldn't stand. She claims to date men so I feel sorry for her boyfriends.