Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I think Davey's pretty banged up, so doing 12 shows in two weeks probably wouldn't be the best idea.

NOAH's May Korakuen show had some good stuff, icluding a main event title match where Morishima goes HARDCORE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LordPants posted:

Is Davey fired/in trouble? Or just temporarily replaced?

Also, what's the buzz with NOAH like? Still dying slowly? Any good action worth checking out?

I have a feeling we won't be seeing him in New Japan for a long time.

NOAH had some good->great tag matches in the tag league.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I like NOAH but they really don't do much in terms of booking stuff that makes people get excited. You look at the card and go "oh hey there's some cool matches" or pass it completely.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
IVP is still offering the Best of Dynamite Kid for free:

quote:

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=6991

Dynamite Kid vs Tatsumi Fujinami (8/17/79; Calgary)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tatsumi Fujinami - Jr. Title (2/5/1980)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (4/23/1981)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (1/1/1982)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (1/28/1982)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (7/23/1982)
Tiger Mask/Tatsumi Fujinami/Kengo Kimura vs. Dynamite Kid/Brett Hart/Greg Valentine (7/31/82)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (8/5/1982)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (8/30/1982)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask (4/21/1983)
Dynamite Kid vs. The Cobra (July 1983; Calgary)
Dynamite Kid vs. Davey Boy Smith - Jr. Tournament (2/3/1984)
Dynamite Kid vs. The Cobra - Jr. Tournament Finals (2/7/1984)
Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask II (Mitsuharu Misawa) - All Japan (11/27/1985)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

splooge.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

NOAH had some good->great tag matches in the tag league.

All right I guess I better start watching then.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yesss I am so getting that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Did the Cabana/Edwards team have some good matches in NOAH? I know they didn't win much, but hopefully they impressed.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did the Cabana/Edwards team have some good matches in NOAH? I know they didn't win much, but hopefully they impressed.

Colt mentioned they won some sort of award.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Colt mentioned they won some sort of award.

An award for Deadest Gaijins After a Match.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
They had a fun rear end match with Ohtani and Daichi Hashimoto. Colt was goofy and Ohtani was grumpy and confused.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
This weeks IVP Freebie is The Best Of Owen Hart (not all puro, but seems to be the place to keep posting them)

code:
North American Heavyweight Title: Owen Hart vs. Makhan Singh [c]
Owen Hart vs. Lethal Larry Cameron
Owen Hart vs. Johnny Smith
Owen Hart vs. Takayuki Iizuka
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Owen Hart [c] vs. Keiichi Yamada
Owen Hart, Bam Bam Bigelow, Pat Tanaka vs. Riki Choshu, Kengo Kimura & Jushin Thunder Liger
Owen Hart vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Owen Hart & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Steve Williams & Pegasus Kid
Owen Hart vs. Keiji Muto
Owen Hart vs. Shiro Koshinaka
Owen Hart vs. Pegasus Kid
Owen Hart vs. Jushin Thunder Liger
Owen Hart vs. Jushin Thunder Liger (few minutes)
Owen Hart vs. Jushin Thunder Liger (few minutes)
Owen Hart vs. Akira Nogami
Owen Hart vs. Shiro Koshinaka
North American Heavyweight Title: Owen Hart [c] vs. Makhan Singh
Owen Hart, Brian Pillman, Bruce Hart & Jason vs. Makhan Singh, Johnny Smith, Bad News Brown & Rip Rogers
Owen Hart vs. Johnny Smith
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8271

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
More Owen vs Liger? Owen vs Dr. Death?!

Why yes, I believe I will accept this gift!

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Flameingblack posted:

That aint the best of the Dynamite Kid cos I aint seeing no Marc Rocco on it :colbert:

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
Some rather lovely news. Io Shirai and NOSAWA Rongai got arrested for smuggling weed into Japan on their way back from Mexico. It was in the frames of the pictures below:

Io and NOSAWA said they were given to them as gifts by a fan and they knew nothing about the weed. It was a small, personal use amount, but it's still a huge deal being Japan related.

Mio wrote a blogged basically saying she doesn't know much and hasn't spoken much at all to her sister since she left Triple Tails and joined STARDOM: http://ameblo.jp/shirai-s/entry-11259689839.html

Obvious worries of jail time and firings and blacklisting for both, which is bullshit and would be a real shame.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It'd be crazy if all those dumb rumors about the Shirai sister were true, and the reason Io left Triple Tails was because she was the bad egg, and got kicked out. :v:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

moment of silence for NOSAWA.

Ok life can go on.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I have never wanted a wrestler to go to jail as badly as I do for NOSAWA. Endlessly bland plus omnipresence.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Didn't ARASHI get blacklisted because of a pot arrest?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

I have never wanted a wrestler to go to jail as badly as I do for NOSAWA. Endlessly bland plus omnipresence.

wasn't NOSAWA one of the guys present in the NJPW when they beat that kid half to death?

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

coconono posted:

wasn't NOSAWA one of the guys present in the NJPW when they beat that kid half to death?

NOSAWA was the one that got drunk and got into a fight with a taxi cab driver that I believe lead to him either stealing the car or attempting to do such.

And yeah, Marijuana possession is an incredible stigma in Japan. I believe it was Kid Yamamoto that left a party that had pot and even though he wasn't caught with it, it was a huge mark against him in public.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Arashi was blacklisted in major promotions and now only appears on small/one-off shows.

MAZADA, NOSAWA's sidekick, was involved with the Hirai beating, but not to a significant extent.

NOSAWA drove the taxi for a couple seconds, then stopped and was arrested. Looks like he didn't get significant jail time for it.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Getting drunk and stealing a car is a slap on the wrist, but having a few grams of happy grass gets you put in jail for years. :psyduck:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Black Tiger has been dropped from the Battle of the Super-J. :v:

Not a shocker considering NOSAWA will probably be in jail for a while.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Takumi Soya of All Japan, who I think was well on his way to being the WON Rookie of the Year, had to retire because of a lingering jaw injury he suffered in his debut match...

...which was against his brother Manabu.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
From googling a bit, it looks like the jaw injury was from last year, but this new injury is something to do with his MCL. Both injuries were by his brother, though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He was out hurt and returned for one last match. After his second injury, the doctors said he had to quit because the jaw was never going to fully heal.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Takumi Soya of All Japan, who I think was well on his way to being the WON Rookie of the Year, had to retire because of a lingering jaw injury he suffered in his debut match...

...which was against his brother Manabu.

Boooooooooooo!!! :(

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002
http://www.puroresuspirit.com/2012/05/27/all-japan-news-for-may-27-2012/

You're right, I didn't see this news post pop up on puroresu spirit until after I posted.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
First night of the BOSJ was apparently awesome.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

SO PUMPED for Liger vs PAC!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Just got the show~~~ :D

Really wanna see KUSHIDA vs. Devitt~!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Why is Jado doing Ric Flair mannerisms?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

coconono posted:

Why not?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Considering that the last I saw his moveset was 90% Benoit, anything is an improvement.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

Jado and Gedo just approaching crazy old man territory.

FOWEWWAAAAA

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
:stare:

The BOSJ intro video is just awesome.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
This weeks freebie from IVP - Best of Hulk Hogan V.1

code:
Hulk Hogan vs. Killer Khan
Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant
Hulk Hogan vs. Antonio Inoki
Hulk Hogan vs. Stan Hansen
Hulk Hogan vs. Great Muta
Hulk Hogan & Great Muta vs. Road Warrior Hawk & Kensuke Sasaki
Hulk Hogan vs. Great Muta
http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8286?osCsid=d4e1da81d8b71399ef242212cefb35e5

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Part of THE MATCH is up on youtube.

If you are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Z7ehN3lRg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Waiting for it in full. :negative: