Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the last assault is a 4/6 (or better) mech, since each weight class has had one fast mech, one brawler, and one fire support (except light which has the Raven instead.). I would give them the 60$ if they make the final mech a Charger. The 3K is my favorite non-broken assault mech.

I'm kinda hoping for the Charger myself, since they need an assault-weight scout. We can be pretty certain we're not getting the Stalker.

Saint Celestine posted:

Would it be possible to have a team of 2 people control 1 mech, so that theres always SOMEONE there?

I'm not sure how I'd be able to manage that and still have it be fair to both players. I'll have to think on that, because I do have dreams of ending with a Battalion-sized brawl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Congratulations! You Won.
Mar 21, 2007

THE FUTURE IS UNWRITTEN

Saint Celestine posted:

Would it be possible to have a team of 2 people control 1 mech, so that theres always SOMEONE there?
You just have to go all :commissar: on people who don't respond quickly enough instead.

Then again, I'd still recommend against doing a company on company (or even larger) battle outside of MegaMek just because it takes forever.

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer
Have a set timetable, and if someone doesn't respond, have it automatically go to the alternate for instructions so youre not waiting forever?

or better, have a few people that know what theyre doing be designated as alternates so if you dont get orders from someone on a team, they could provide orders for whoever didnt do it?

Either way would avoid all this waiting.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm kinda hoping for the Charger myself, since they need an assault-weight scout. We can be pretty certain we're not getting the Stalker.

It'd be pretty hilarious if they threw the stock Charger in there, especially for new Battletech players that weren't paying attention.

"All right, got me my first assault mech, gonna go and kick... me... some... wait, what? Five small lasers? Who thought this was a good idea?!"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

As both the Awesome and Atlas (in-game Awesome at least) are 3/5s, a 4/6 would technically be a 'fast' assault. The BNC-5S is a 4/6 thanks to its XL engine.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Saint Celestine posted:

I'd be in favor of having command override--if you don't get your orders in within X hours, the CO for the mission gets to send your orders. It would probably anger people if you instituted it mid-mission, but if they knew that was the case when the mission starts, then that should be fine, right?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
As a player in this mission I would be all for that as well. Its annoying having a discussion with the active players with everyone getting their turns in a day or two, with only a single person always taking a week or more with absolutely no discussion. I want my Glorious VictoryDeath to come faster. :(

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Could tag in people who have already played, rather than taking people's turn.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Defiance Industries posted:

Could tag in people who have already played, rather than taking people's turn.

You just want another turn.

Not that I blame you, this is pretty awesome.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I think having a pool of alternates drawn from past players who still follow the thread is a good idea, with the addition of shortening the time before an alternate swaps in.
If you don't get your orders in in 48 hours and don't/can't post/pm/email someone with an explanation, you've probably got bigger things to worry about than someone stealing your prized position in a queue of pretend robot pilots on a comedy forum.
If the missing player later comes back and explains they got in a car accident or were kidnapped or something they can go back on the top of the queue for the next match*.

*As a tank pilot.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010
They need to have the Thug in there. It's got an amazing and distinctive armament. So yeah, Thug and Charger, even though they won me over already with the Raven and Cataphract.

As to the Charger, the game needs both flavors. Because Fast Chargers are awesome. I can do stupid things with a Charger 1L. Like putting it in a lance to support a Raven.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Andrevian posted:

They need to have the Thug in there. It's got an amazing and distinctive armament. So yeah, Thug and Charger, even though they won me over already with the Raven and Cataphract.

So you want a Hat-Chi.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BatteredFeltFedora posted:

You just want another turn.

Not that I blame you, this is pretty awesome.

Hey, I've already gone twice. Wouldn't be fair.

Andrevian
Mar 2, 2010

KnoxZone posted:

So you want a Hat-Chi.

Well, yes.

But also its component parts!

I want a Thug and a Charger that can do combination magic and end up becoming a Hatamoto-Chi with a pilot and a gunner.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Bad Moon posted:

Don't mean to derail but I found it hilarious somebody made a Cataphract look cool.

The Cataphract has always been cool.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Just need a quick update from the Shadow Hawk on targeting priority.

since he's eating a DFA :ssh:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
:flashfap:

Uh, wait, I'm the good guys so... :ohdear:?

Go DFA go!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

PoptartsNinja posted:

Just need a quick update from the Shadow Hawk on targeting priority.

since he's eating a DFA :ssh:

And the crowd goes wild!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Trast posted:

And the crowd goes wild!

Yay. :geno:

This is going to be one hell of a turn, DFA success or no.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'll have to think on that, because I do have dreams of ending with a Battalion-sized brawl.
But that would assume you'll get to end this let's play. And this can't be allowed so problem solved :v:

On a more serious note I kind of lost track - what was the status on PTN's battlecrops short story? Did it come out already or not yet?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Clan Asparagus is so OP. Twice the vitamins and only half the gas as IS Asparagus what the hell.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Working on the update, but I'm not going to get it done before I have to leave for work. I'll finish it as soon as I can, once I get home.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Clan Asparagus is so OP. Twice the vitamins and only half the gas as IS Asparagus what the hell.

Mechwarrior Celery depressed the firing stud on his soycrow's left joystick, sending an iridescent beam of death streaming over the battlefield to strike the fleeing cornmando in it's weak rear armor. If the scout mech got away he would report Celery's position, and even the tough flaxo-fibrous plating it sported wouldn't protect his mech from a few lucky apricannon rounds, should he be forced to fight a full bushel instead of a single mech.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Nevets posted:

Mechwarrior Celery depressed the firing stud on his soycrow's left joystick, sending an iridescent beam of death streaming over the battlefield to strike the fleeing cornmando in it's weak rear armor. If the scout mech got away he would report Celery's position, and even the tough flaxo-fibrous plating it sported wouldn't protect his mech from a few lucky apricannon rounds, should he be forced to fight a full bushel instead of a single mech.

That's radishiculous.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
"This years Strana Mechty Annual Clan Laborer Caste Fair once again ended in controversy during the Trial of Agriculture: Summer Squash Division when Clan Jade Falcon FarmCommander Brown accused Clan Wolf CropWarrior Zeke of not genetically altering his harvest. Results of the Trial of Grievance were inconclusive as Brown and Zeke simultaneously decapitated each other with hoes in the Circle of Equals."

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Haddock
Smoked Bacon Occupation Zone
1st January 3055

Rivulets of molten vinaigrette streamed down the flanks of Mechwarrior Ainsley Harriott's 65-ton Poultrymech as the enemy's PPCs* hit home.

*Potatocake Projection Cannon

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Machine guns, best rivulets of molten metal causer ever.

oh stackpole :allears:

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 21:30 on May 24, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Ghost of Babyhead posted:

*Potatocake Projection Cannon

That's a latke firepower.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

TildeATH posted:

That's a latke firepower.

MAN MADE LATKE

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Man, this bread has the weirdest derails.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
This thread keeps going to strange, delicious places.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!

the JJ posted:

Man, this bread has the weirdest derails.

It's enough to induce starch terror.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Yeah, we need out bread & circuses. If it's much longer before PTN brings home the bacon we may start to go bananas.

Food.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Hob_Gadling posted:

This thread keeps going to strange, delicious places.

I blame elves.

Hey, why didn't you do that? Did they get to you?

Endomorphic
Jul 25, 2010
His pulse laser found a critical harvest on his opponent's right leek, shearing it clean off at the base. Mechwarrior Azuki knew just how close his own ammunition had bean to caramelizing and was relieved just to have survived the entree.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Rated 5. Would eat again.

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
This has been a good derail. What would Chaff pods become, sprout pods?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

landcollector posted:

This has been a good derail. What would Chaff pods become, sprout pods?

Come on, man, you can't dance around the pun, make the pun. Don't be a punter.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

We were bullshitting around in IRC about weird experimental tech and I ended up making this: The REAL reason the coalition had trouble kicking the Word of Blake off Terra.

(Art not mine, I GISed for UrbanMech and took the meanest looking remake I found)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Steiner's idea of a light breakfast is a triple cheeseburger, a potatoes worth of fries, two foot-long chilli-cheese hotdogs, and a 24-ounce big gulp.

• Locked thread