Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Is there a good speech-to-text program for PC? Google speak or whatever it's called seems to be pretty good but I want to use it for other things besides searching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dragon naturally speaking is pretty much the gold standard. I don't know that anything else even comes close.

Philo
Jul 18, 2007
This is no game. This is no fun. Your life is flame. Your time is come.
I need a good, heavy duty protective case for my phone (Samsumg Galaxy S2 777). I was going to go with the Otterbox Defender, but I thinnk it's fairly boring looking. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives with the same level of protection, or is Otterbox really my only option?

WayneCampbell
Oct 7, 2005
You got me a gunrack?!? I don't even own a gun, let alone alone enough to nessecitate an entire rack.
Can anyone recommend a good steam cleaner for household use?

Wheelchair Stunts
Dec 17, 2005

Doghouse posted:

Is there a good speech-to-text program for PC? Google speak or whatever it's called seems to be pretty good but I want to use it for other things besides searching.

Have you tried using the one built into Windows 7?

uapyro
Jan 13, 2005

WayneCampbell posted:

I've got a Bissell pro heat that I really like. It has issues with the heater clogging the spray line, but either leaving the heater off or running a tiny bit of vinegar fixed that for me.

http://www.bissell.com/proheat-pet/ is the exact one I have

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!
Can someone recommend a good car stereo under $200 that includes built in a2dp Bluetooth (not looking to buy a separate adapter), Pandora functionality, and the capability to control an iPod from the deck itself?

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
My electric razor died on me. I saw this recommended a few times in the thread:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-HS8420-Nivea-Razor/dp/B002GJU2XI/ref=sr_1_12?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1330909421&sr=1-12

But it seems that the lotion refills aren't being sold on amazon. At least that I could find. Any other recommendations for razor or is there something else I can use to refill the lotion.

Prathm
Nov 24, 2005

Gripen5 posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-Norelco-HS8420-Nivea-Razor/dp/B002GJU2XI/ref=sr_1_12?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1330909421&sr=1-12

But it seems that the lotion refills aren't being sold on amazon. At least that I could find. Any other recommendations for razor or is there something else I can use to refill the lotion.

As long as you ask goons the answer is going to be "Take up wetshaving"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Gripen5 posted:

I had the lotion on subscription and amazon emailed me this week that the four pack has been discontinued but you can still buy one bottle at a time.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Looking for an underwater digital camera for my honeymoon. Anyone have experience with this type of thing?

This is the one we have our eye on.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-TG-310-Digital-Optical-2-7-Inch/dp/B004HO59Y2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338414242&sr=8-3

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm looking for recommendations on bedsheets. I remember either in this thread or another that a lot of goons were swearing by a certain set sold by Bed Bath and Beyond, but I can't remember anything about them.

I only need a fitted sheet, pillow shams and duvet cover as I don't use a straight sheet. Don't want to spend more than $80ish on them.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Krime posted:

Looking for an underwater digital camera for my honeymoon. Anyone have experience with this type of thing?

This is the one we have our eye on.

http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-TG-310-Digital-Optical-2-7-Inch/dp/B004HO59Y2/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338414242&sr=8-3

You can always check out digitalcamerainfo.com. They have a huge number of reviews, and they're very reliable.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

You can always check out digitalcamerainfo.com. They have a huge number of reviews, and they're very reliable.

Thank you! Checking this out now.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I mixed up this question with the wrong answer and for a moment I was :psyduck:...

WayneCampbell posted:

Wheelchair Stunts posted:

Have you tried using the one built into Windows 7?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm looking for recommendations on bedsheets. I remember either in this thread or another that a lot of goons were swearing by a certain set sold by Bed Bath and Beyond, but I can't remember anything about them.

I only need a fitted sheet, pillow shams and duvet cover as I don't use a straight sheet. Don't want to spend more than $80ish on them.

I have those sheets and :iia: but they are out of your price range sadly.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/search/search.aspx/100-beech-modal/?sstr=100%25+beech+modal&grid=20&dim=1&nty=1&

FSLink
Nov 6, 2009
Any recommendations for a good and sturdy dashboard mount for an iPhone?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I can afford these! But do you recommend the sateen or jersey knit? I'm looking for softness.

The Light Eternal
Jun 12, 2006

A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.
I have those as well, they are amazing. I have the sateen ones I think, they are hella soft and I always get comments on them.

King Nothing
Apr 26, 2005

Ray was on a stool when he glocked the cow.

WayneCampbell posted:

On a similar topic, is there such a thing as a good handheld steam vacuum? I have a lovesac-like bean bag that my dog is allowed to get on but taking the cover on and off is really difficult so I'd rather clean it in place if my dog gets it dirty.

There's things like this:

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-ProHeat-Compact-Multi-Purpose-14259/dp/B002KCMH6Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1338574949&sr=8-3

Which have generally good reviews but reading the negative reviews makes it sounds like a toy, and it only claims to heat the water 25 degrees above tap temperature anyway.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Pron on VHS posted:

I can afford these! But do you recommend the sateen or jersey knit? I'm looking for softness.

Jersey all the way. I've been buying nothing but these modal sheets since I first came across them years ago.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I need a tile cleaner for my bathroom floor.

My apartment has very old tile. The glaze is nearly worn off, and it's full of hairline cracks.

The thing is, no matter what I do, it will not come clean. I've steamed, I've used a dozen different floor/tile cleaners, but nothing helps. Any ideas?

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
What's a good case for a nook simple touch? I don't need a light cause it's the glow one, and I don't want anything super bulky.

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!
Could someone please recommend a good tiny, minimal wallet?

Something that will hold a couple of cards and some cash without being too bulky. I like my wallet on my left back pocket (I can't walk straight any more if it's not there), but I don't like how it feels when I sit on it.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!

Cacahuate posted:

Something that will hold a couple of cards and some cash without being too bulky. I like my wallet on my left back pocket (I can't walk straight any more if it's not there), but I don't like how it feels when I sit on it.

http://www.koyono.com/Slim-Front-Pocket-Wallets-s/3.htm

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Gripen5 posted:

I bought this off goon recommendations too and regretted it. The lotion's expensive and if you try to skimp you'll tear your face apart. Takes forever, big mess (removing, you know, the major convenience of an electric), shave quality wasn't anything special. Obviously YMMV but I ended up throwing it away and buying this instead: http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8103S-Rechargeable-Electric-Nanotech/dp/B001DNE3KQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1338673320&sr=1-2

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Cacahuate posted:

http://www.mightywallets.com/

They make it in funky designs, or you can get a plain one.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Cacahuate posted:

I ditched my wallet for a binder clip two years ago, and haven't looked back.

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!

Imasalmon posted:

I ditched my wallet for a binder clip two years ago, and haven't looked back.

The Might Wallet seems very cool, and I might get one. But this has me intrigued, please tell me more.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Cacahuate posted:

The Might Wallet seems very cool, and I might get one. But this has me intrigued, please tell me more.

I am on my phone, and finding it inconvenient to add a picture, but I got the smallest binder clip I could find, and it holds 4 cards with 10 bills just fine. Takes up no space at all on its own, and helps me keep things simple. I am a front pocket guy, but the binder clip is incredibly unobtrusive, and very cheap. If you search google for "binder clip wallet" you will find many pictures that explain it thoroughly. About the most minimalistic option possible.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Guy Axlerod posted:

http://www.mightywallets.com/

They make it in funky designs, or you can get a plain one.

Just ordered one thanks to you actually.

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
Just use a money clip and, if you have a lot of cards, a card case.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Tenchrono posted:

Just a suggestion with the mightywallets, keep it out of your back pocket as much as possible. My brother and I both have one. I had mine for a year before it started falling apart because I kept it in my back pocket. My brother pretty much never had it in his back pocket and its still in great shape.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Tenchrono posted:

I have one and it's great. Cards sometimes slide around but never fall out, and the thinness offsets any flaws.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I'm thinking of buying a water filtration pitcher. I'm leading toward a Pur pitcher since those seem to have good Amazon reviews and are relatively inexpensive, but I figured I'd ask what you guys think.

I was also looking at those ZeroWater pitchers. They look a bit more expensive and reviews indicate that the filter is more expensive (a set of two filters is almost as much as a new pitcher) and has to be changed more often. It's got that water tester gimmick, though, and that's intriguing. Probably not going to spring for the extra money, but I like that water tester idea.

Any thoughts?

Butt Savage
Aug 23, 2007
Meh, I've been using a Pur filtration pitcher for over a year and I haven't died yet. I don't know why you'd need more than that unless you live in some poor-rear end country with an awful water system.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Looking for some in-ear/earbud headphones for listening to podcasts while I'm running around the lab. My main requirement is that they have a straight jack instead of one of those L-shaped ones; since my phone's in my pocket all the time the L-shaped jack has to bend a lot so that the cord goes up, and as such that cord eventually tears and frays at that spot (the fate befalling my current headphones). Bonus points for being under $40 and/or being something I could buy at a brick-and-mortar store tonight.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I need a bed table/tray for my new laptop so I can do work in bed or on the couch. Its a pretty hefty laptop. The dimensions are: Size (LWH): 22.7 inches, 14.6 inches, 3.8 inches Weight: 14.5 pounds. I'm not sure if it would be more comfortable to use sitting on a large tray and attach a mouse to it and a keyboard.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

C-Euro posted:

Looking for some in-ear/earbud headphones for listening to podcasts while I'm running around the lab. My main requirement is that they have a straight jack instead of one of those L-shaped ones; since my phone's in my pocket all the time the L-shaped jack has to bend a lot so that the cord goes up, and as such that cord eventually tears and frays at that spot (the fate befalling my current headphones). Bonus points for being under $40 and/or being something I could buy at a brick-and-mortar store tonight.

This thread might be able to help you out more

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2387142

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Alterian posted:

I need a bed table/tray for my new laptop so I can do work in bed or on the couch. Its a pretty hefty laptop. The dimensions are: Size (LWH): 22.7 inches, 14.6 inches, 3.8 inches Weight: 14.5 pounds. I'm not sure if it would be more comfortable to use sitting on a large tray and attach a mouse to it and a keyboard.

Twenty two loving inches wide? Does your laptop seriously have a 26 inch screen?

• Locked thread