Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Last few days' updates: :haw: :haw: :haw:

Today's update: :haw: :haw: :saddowns:

I'm pretty sure I literally made the saddowns face at the last panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silva
Aug 26, 2003

Time is the fire in which we burn
Just to make sure, that's just her dreamself uu killed, right? That does look like a prospitian dress.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Silva posted:

Just to make sure, that's just her dreamself uu killed, right? That does look like a prospitian dress.

Going off the pretty well justified speculation, we're pretty sure that's all there is! They have individual dreamselves and a shared "real" self that they get control of when the other "dreams". So without a dream self, UU is possibly completely dead until the inevitable twist on the twist on the twist happens and they become one.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Red Miles is basically the meteors for Roxy and Dirk. Something to motivate them to get in the game.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, if Dream-uu killed Dream-UU while UU was in control of the normal-body (and this is how it had to happen, right, because the normal body isn't in the session yet.), then maybe the twist is that uu is stuck as a dreamself, as UU, with no dreamself to jump into, is always in control of the normal body.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

DaveKap posted:

Y'know, I felt like I was missing something...
or if you wanna use pink text also the framing for this made me laugh

Yessss you are the best person :)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Bobulus posted:

Well, if Dream-uu killed Dream-UU while UU was in control of the normal-body (and this is how it had to happen, right, because the normal body isn't in the session yet.), then maybe the twist is that uu is stuck as a dreamself, as UU, with no dreamself to jump into, is always in control of the normal body.

That is what I'm thinking. The question is, where in UU/uu's timeline this is. We haven't seen UU say anything related to not seeing Prospit in her dreams anymore. Last we heard was that she looked at Skaia, and it was stormy.

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I like to imagine that uu also waited a year from his perspective. He was just crouched over the computer for an entire year waiting to type "THAAAAT".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This is how it begins. First he starts introducing and killing characters. Then, he kills them before he's introduced them. Next, he will begin killing characters from his next series, then killing characters his son will think of before he is even born.

This all leads up to Hussie's masterpiece, his "hat trick" of webcomiking

Going back in time... TO KILL HIMSELF! :aaaaa:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One thing you have to consider is that a giant semi-glowy arterial-looking red thing streaking in from deep space is going to look rather different in the day than at night. At night it was plainly visible out to a great distance. During the day the vast majority of the Red Miles beyond the atmosphere is going to be as visible as the stars; that is to say, not at all.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

This is how it begins. First he starts introducing and killing characters. Then, he kills them before he's introduced them. Next, he will begin killing characters from his next series, then killing characters his son will think of before he is even born.

This all leads up to Hussie's masterpiece, his "hat trick" of webcomiking

Going back in time... TO KILL HIMSELF! :aaaaa:

Just to cover all bases, Hussie goes to the future first to meet the last human alive, then introduces him in the comic and kills him.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
I was really sceptical about the red miles coming in B2 theory but I kept shtum because pretty much every mental theory in this thread comes true. Well played.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The exact same "appear out of nowhere" Red Miles entry happened in B1 too: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005910

Quite certain it's the same batch from Bec Noir.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Well, now the kids have their motivation. Without the reckoning there are no meteors hurtling towards the respective houses, so technically there would be no time limit involved and they could dick around and procrastinate indefinitely before entering the game.

Now that the red miles are here, roxy and dirk effectively have their countdown. Enter the game or get the miles.

As for jake? He has the erupting volcano, so presumably if he doesn't get a move on and enter the game soon he'll end up covered in lava.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
That's kind of interesting. UU is in a yellow (Prospit) dress, but her body is in a purple (Derse) room. This could mean many things depending on which theory of uu/UU is correct.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Lefr-field theory of the moment: the reason the limebloods were hunted down is that they have Wolverine-esque levels of regenerative ability, which throws the social order into disarray due to how it extends their lifespan and generally makes them dangerously impossible to kill in small scale conflicts.

Which is how we're going to avoid UU staying dead, in a double reach-around lovely twist.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Lord of Laughton posted:

That's kind of interesting. UU is in a yellow (Prospit) dress, but her body is in a purple (Derse) room. This could mean many things depending on which theory of uu/UU is correct.

Not necessarily. Could be a pinkish room like Jane's, especially since the light seems to be dimmed. (Which would go with UU's reports of a storm-shrouded Skaia.)

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
The next lovely twist will be that UU and uu are different people. That is, until the lovely twist that is UUuusprite.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's so much floating around uu/UU which makes them curious, the biggest question being "why are they in the story?" Homestuck is big on geodesic casting (the original four kids, each with a guardian, a corresponding reset player, an exile, a planet, etc, and don't even get started on the trolls with their astrology and lusii), and they stand out as not really slotting in anywhere. The Calmasis comparisons are also pretty worrying, and the various theories about being a product of the Condesce's experiments just add to the mystery.

Basically, uu/UU are (is?) curious because there's no obvious place to slot them into the pattern. There's no universe to which they definitely must belong, no cast with an open place for them, they just are.

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Hell yes, i hope this isn't gonna become a copout. I was hoping uu would win out over UU in whatever their bodybro game is.

Every time an obnoxious know-it-all dies, a lovely troll gets its wings.

Of course, i'm also under the impression that uu's threat about being the king of red herrings is probably much more significant to hs readers than dirks glasses. So i guess we'll see.

Agree with the couple folks who have mentioned enjoying not knowing what the gently caress is going on with uu/UU. It's been an interesting little mystery for this chapter so far.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Dolash posted:

Basically, uu/UU are (is?) curious because there's no obvious place to slot them into the pattern. There's no universe to which they definitely must belong, no cast with an open place for them, they just are.

In cases like this, I fall back to Homestuck's love of creation myths. They're going to create something or someone we've already seen, but had no explanation for.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Their corpses will turn into UUuusprite aka Calmasis.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

They're definitely connected to let's say Maplehoof. Yes. This is the only sensible explanation.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I really like the "Karkat made horrible mutants in his own image to try and change his own history" idea because it really fits in well with the "13th troll" idea and sounds horrible and fanfiction-y enough to serve as an origin for the Designated Fantroll Parody while still not being a huge asspull.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Dolash posted:

But... there is an obvious place for them: the universe (call it C, for the sake of argument) that the eight human kids eventually create. The next generation of players, following on from the Kids the same way the Kids follow on from the Trolls.

I mean, granted you can go "no, that's too obvious", and I can understand that, but that doesn't stop it being obvious.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
uu's attitude towards women reminds me of someone. Lord English, mostly.

This is more of a gut instinct than any actual belief that he IS proto-English but there it is.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Just poppin' in to say the exchanges between uu and Dirk have been amazing, okay bye.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Some hope for UU: In her last log, she says that she and her brother renounced hemotyping until the resolution of their game. undyingUmbrage, who regards the game as a competition, is still typing in grey.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Dr Christmas posted:

Some hope for UU: In her last log, she says that she and her brother renounced hemotyping until the resolution of their game. undyingUmbrage, who regards the game as a competition, is still typing in grey.
Andrew Hussie, literally browsing this forum, reads this post, goes "oh poo poo that slipped my mind", and makes sure to have uu change his text in the next panel.

FutureSushi
Jan 12, 2011

Did I miss anything important?
From Tumblr:

quote:

according to dirks shipping equation between the twelve first trolls introduced UU and uu and meenah and aranea and the 8 kids there are

(drum role please)

a total of 276 different ships

aaaand

Jesus Christ

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

FutureSushi posted:

From Tumblr:

aaaand

Jesus Christ
I was wrong. Nothing slips Andrew Hussie's mind.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman
Shouldn't there be 1104 ships to satisfy all quadrants?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Doug Rattman posted:

If you want to go that way, it have to be even more because conciliatory has three people.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Doug Rattman posted:

:science: Technically, the austicipi-whatever requires three people, so there are 2024 possible combinations of those, making it 2852 different ships in to-

No what have I done this is part of Hussie's plan

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
In other, non-shipping-grid news, treestuck is seeing the beginnings of Mindfang's journal and is just inches away from the Vriska/Eridan/Gamzee showdown. And she is pretty much terrified and losing her poo poo in the best, most adorable way.

Guys I think this may be the most entertaining liveblog I've ever followed.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 23:15 on May 25, 2012

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Paul.Power posted:

But... there is an obvious place for them: the universe (call it C, for the sake of argument) that the eight human kids eventually create. The next generation of players, following on from the Kids the same way the Kids follow on from the Trolls.

I mean, granted you can go "no, that's too obvious", and I can understand that, but that doesn't stop it being obvious.

uu and UU are actually from Universe U. The U stands for "Ultima", because it was created by Lord British (bad translation).

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

CidGregor posted:

In other, non-shipping-grid news, treestuck is seeing the beginnings of Mindfang's journal and is just inches away from the Vriska/Eridan/Gamzee showdown. And she is pretty much terrified and losing her poo poo in the best, most adorable way.

I second that comment, but I'd also like to make a suggestion - could the Red Miles be from DD on Derse? He does say no-one can escape it - perhaps it is on some kind of 'search and destroy' command, and doesn't differentiate between dream and non-dream selves?

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp
It has already been spelled out pretty obviously that it is from Jack.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

CidGregor posted:

Was just coming here to post this. She seems like one of those people that tries to find the good in everyone and everything, and horrorstuck is just destroying her brain with the rapid up and down of comedy and horror.

quote:

I looked at this page and Equius’s glasses and Gamzee just being Gamzee and I thought, “I hate you.”

I earnestly thought that. With all my heart I thought those words at him.

I don’t

I don’t hate Gamzee but for a minute I did. For a minute I could.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Oh man, treestuck's going to go bananas during Doc Scratch's Storytime.