Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Cafe Racer is to "Eternally Unfinished Project" as Street Fighter is to "Bike I crashed and cant afford to fix"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Olde Weird Tip posted:

Cafe Racer is to "Eternally Unfinished Project" as Street Fighter is to "Bike I crashed and cant afford to fix"

There's a difference between project bike and $3500 bike though

...about $3000 difference.

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3037797936.html

Going to look at this either today or this weekend. I talked to the guy on the phone, said the only thing that might need doing was replacing the brake pads. What should I offer him?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Olde Weird Tip posted:

as Street Fighter is to "Bike I crashed and cant afford to fix"

If only that were true around here, while its common enough, a lot of pristine bikes get hacked to pieces and made into things like this

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

echomadman posted:

If only that were true around here, while its common enough, a lot of pristine bikes get hacked to pieces and made into things like this

It's unfortunate that it isn't up to your standards? Jesus christ you guys are hypercritical of other peoples' stuff.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

echomadman posted:

Everything except the tail owns on that. The front tire seems comically tiny too, but it might just be the angle.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

clutchpuck posted:

It's unfortunate that it isn't up to your standards? Jesus christ you guys are hypercritical of other peoples' stuff.

If it wasnt for hating on other peoples stuff the internet wouldnt exist.

That being said, that tail, ugh

Gweenz
Jan 27, 2011

Bixington posted:

Everything except the tail owns on that. The front tire seems comically tiny too, but it might just be the angle.

It reminds me of a scorpion, but not in a OMGBADASS kind of way. It's a CBR900rr, so it has a 16" front wheel.

Disco Dickdog posted:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/3037797936.html

Going to look at this either today or this weekend. I talked to the guy on the phone, said the only thing that might need doing was replacing the brake pads. What should I offer him?

I see those for around $1000 in running condition here, but I live in a cheap market. I love the first gen Comstar wheels, iirc they only came on the Hawk II and CX500. The Hawk II's are starting to gain in popularity as they are now being cafe'd. I'd offer him $900, $800 if you are feeling saucy.

Gweenz fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 26, 2012

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
That was a perfect fireblade before that happened, and was the first picture i came across in my collection, there are many that are way worse.
Streetfighters from crashed bikes i don't care about, I even used to really like them a few years back before i saw so many nice bikes get "customised" by bolting on horrible german "my bike got rear ended" tails, some sort of amorphous blob/skull/predator face headlight and expensive, carefully crafted exhaust systems had at with angle grinders, car rims put on the back.
all of them end up being the same horrible looking bike, the same way dumbasses are hacking up vintage bikes now to "cafe" them out.

Also the front wheels on that gen of fireblade are 16'' so it is smaller.

i posted pics of a friends fightered fireblade in the pics thread the other day where we went and swapped his headers and can for a full akrapovic system that was going to be cut up to match the one in the pic above.

here is a quick dip into searching for "streetfighter" on a local classifieds site, bear in mind that a lot of these guys boast that there were not built from crashed bikes

the white one isnt too bad apart that retarded tail angle but I've sat on bikes with those hosed up tails and they are every bit as uncomfortable as they look.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I see nothing wrong with those except that they aren't buells.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That black and gold suzuki isnt bad, at least it has the oem tail on it. It just looks like someone took the fairings of it, which in the grand scheme of things is not horrible.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Olde Weird Tip posted:

That black and gold suzuki isnt bad, at least it has the oem tail on it. It just looks like someone took the fairings of it, which in the grand scheme of things is not horrible.

I should also mention i really dislike the majority of single sided swingarm conversions

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Why the hell do they put that retarded tail on there?

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tenchrono posted:

same reason harley guys put iron crosses and skulls on everything and busa modders put stretched out swingarms. same reason dissafected teens pretend they're vampires

so they can all be totally different and original together

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/3039808080.html

$1500 :cry:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Minty looking but ridden CB1100F c/w very rare hondaline fairing (which looks like rear end with that windshield addition)

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1983-Honda-CB1100F-W0QQAdIdZ373498898

Guy is probably 70+ years old by the sounds of it and could probably be taken for cheaper if you promise to look after it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Nice deal on a gen one, wish I needed a spare.

And jesus how many bay area goons are there? Everyone seems to be posting sfbay craigslist lately :tinfoil:

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
You all suck, fighters own.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

slidebite posted:

Minty looking but ridden CB1100F c/w very rare hondaline fairing (which looks like rear end with that windshield addition)

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-sport-bikes-1983-Honda-CB1100F-W0QQAdIdZ373498898

Guy is probably 70+ years old by the sounds of it and could probably be taken for cheaper if you promise to look after it.

He might be 70+ years old, but apparently he owns a time capsule large enough to store a bike. The 1100F is one of the nicest UJMs ever made.

Sir Cornelius fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 28, 2012

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh, ebay.

Arcane
Nov 19, 2003

There are no girls on the internet!

drat I wish I had an extra $1500. I could own two bikes...

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I wish I could find anything close to that for $1500 in loving Pennsylvania.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea
It was a crazy deal, most of the time they're 2000+. About 2500 average

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-motorcycles-street-cruisers-choppers-1982-Honda-CBX1000-W0QQAdIdZ382180018

1982 CBX w/12K (7.5K miles)

Asking $7500

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Why do I have to be so broke?

The rear of that sure does look a bit like the ST1100, doesn't it?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

That is one hell of a long bike.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Only a nut would buy that.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:downsrim:

Also, I have a real hard time believing this isn't a scam.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Raven457 posted:

Why do I have to be so broke?

The rear of that sure does look a bit like the ST1100, doesn't it?

Defintely some DNA shared between them. For that price, that bike had better be mint to match its low mileage, but that right bag looks like a nasty gouge in it from that angle..? Can't imagine that would be a cheap fix.
Edit: Nevermind, looks to be an add-on piece

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

:downsrim:

Also, I have a real hard time believing this isn't a scam.

Probably a creep trying to jerk around a bunch of vintage bike enthusiasts.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

god dammmiiiiiitttt

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/3050715350.html

$1950, looks like it needs a new chain though

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
A buddy of mine might be selling a GS500 shortly if you're interested. Valves just adjusted, in fairly decent shape. Not sure what he'd be asking, I can find more details if you'd like.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

I wish, I only have $300 to my name :haw: and that's without license or gear. I should probably stop torturing myself.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I'm not getting this because I hate motorcycles, it has a $1000 street-legal price premium, and I'm a horrible person:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/3057427065.html

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Tenchrono posted:

The raised tail in theory lets you do 90 degree wheelies without dragging the tail. It's a spillover from icy hot stuntaz. Not like any of those bikes will ever be ridden by someone capable of doing so.

Most of those bikes look like they'd be fine if they had a stock tail and a full-sized muffler with the possible exception of the white Blade they've avoided the really freakish goblinface headlights. And most of them need rear huggers. Streetfighter is like most any other genre, if you keep it clean, simple and functional it tends to look good to almost everyone but once you throw in a dozen conflicting color schemes and a bunch of bolted/glued on garbage it goes to rear end fast.

Then again I love SSSA and black/gold and I sold my black/gold Z1000 for an SSSA Speed Triple so I ain't exactly biased.

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts
I'm not in the market for a new bike, but I look at Craigslist occasionally and this popped up.

http://rmn.craigslist.org/mcy/3053750384.html

That is really clean looking and the colors are very sexy. Only caveat is that I'm not looking for a bike, and apparently they were only imported 2 years, so parts would be a bitch, but drat it is very tempting to go see that sexy thing.

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/3060521957.html

Someone talk me out of this, because I'll probably be going over to look at it after work today.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

IcedPee posted:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/3060521957.html

Someone talk me out of this, because I'll probably be going over to look at it after work today.

buy it.

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

What this guy said. That paint color is amazing, and they're great bikes to flog around town on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcedPee
Jan 11, 2008

Yarrrr! I be here to plunder the fun outta me workplace! Avast!

FREE DECAHEDRON!
Well, I do suppose I'll need something to wrench on now that I've got all the major kinks worked out on my '78 Sportster.

gently caress saving money. Let's do this.