Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

Serious question, is that Elgamore? (I guess it couldn't be anyone else.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Fecha posted:

Actually, I think it looks like a slightly younger version of the court's headmaster.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Fecha posted:

I totally thought the top left was the :3:est batman for a second there :D

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

thespaceinvader posted:

I totally thought the top left was the :3:est batman for a second there :D

It's the :3:est something, I'll tell ya that much.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Figured these would be nice.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

All these wonderful ink washes and canvases make me sad to be in :911:.

Since I can't have them, I made some nightmare-fuel avatars instead:

Kimitsu
Jan 11, 2012

Bear with me for a moment.

Tom's art is gorgeous in-comic, but sometimes I feel like it's in avatars (like the one above) that I especially appreciate it, where I might be otherwise distracted by the story or placement or other things going on. :allears:

(Don't you dare change a thing because I posted this, Tea-san. I just like being able to appreciate your art even more.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Fecha posted:

Bloody hell, these are amazing, especially the one on the top right.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Oneiros posted:

All these wonderful ink washes and canvases make me sad to be in :911:.

Since I can't have them, I made some nightmare-fuel avatars instead:

Oh my god I need to buy one of these.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Seriously, if anyone is going to MCM, I will gladly buy any of those canvases or washes or acrylic blocks (particularly the Coyote ones), pay shipping, and add a finder's fee. For any number of them (although if you buy the whole the table, you may have to give me a couple months).

damn chimera
Jan 31, 2007

EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY
EMERGENCY

Arglebargle III posted:

However, I'm sure these canvas pieces in particular would go for ultra many amounts of money. I would think at least 70 euro-guineas, or whatever you're using over there on that silly island!

OH man where can I buy one of these things? I would love one of these on a wall somewhere.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
So anyone think Anthony is away trying to figure out a way to "cure" Annie of the whole fire elemental situation?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

DarkCrawler posted:

So anyone think Anthony is away trying to figure out a way to "cure" Annie of the whole fire elemental situation?
Probably. But it's an intrinsic trait, not anything you can "cure." He's deluded himself into thinking he can fix it when it's not even broken.

TinfoilHate
Nov 19, 2003

What the hell is wrong
with you people?
I know this came up already, but after seeing how this is going, I really wish Gunnerkrigg had something of the sort.

That's not even that great of a comic.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Uh, it's a furry comic. There's a huge furry community and they latch to every little thing. It's not comparable. Plus, KS requires the account holder to be American, a bullet that Tom dodged, but which isn't helpful here :shobon:

I'm more worried how Tom will maintain GC as a sustainable life choice in the long run. Even with commissions and whatnot, I can't imagine enough money flowing in to replace a full-time job and its stable wages. I'm probably not giving him enough credit, though, since he likely knows what he's doing.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
There are other Kickstarter-like sites which people in the UK can use. After what happened with Cucumber Quest and pictures for sad children I've really been hoping he'll put up a project on one of them. Maybe after the convention.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Saoshyant posted:

I'm more worried how Tom will maintain GC as a sustainable life choice in the long run. Even with commissions and whatnot, I can't imagine enough money flowing in to replace a full-time job and its stable wages. I'm probably not giving him enough credit, though, since he likely knows what he's doing.

If PVP can do it, GC sure as hell better be able to do it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Awkward Zombie had a book printing Kickstarter that it wildly surpassed in short order. I'm pretty sure a GC Kickstarter would make its goal and then some.

Hell, if Tom put up a Kickstarter that was just "Help pay my living expenses so I can make even more fabulous art." I would chip in.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I know everybody's eager to throw money at Tea-san however they can and tell him how much they'd give him, but it's been said before that Kickstarter is US-only.

I'm sure he's got ideas on how to pay the bills with his stuff without everyone falling over themselves to think up a business model for him to compete with Two Kinds :v: .

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Sadly, Kickstarter is not FOR the UK :britain:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Several of us have suggested possible Kickstarter alternatives for Limeys, but it's unclear if any of them will be suitable. It may be that the subtleties of UK investment law make Kickstarter impossible there.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Just to let whoever maintains the avatar post know, I just snagged this:

(really nice to finally get rid of the stupid 'gift' from the TFR Pony Fairy) edit: just had to open my fat loving mouth, didn't I?

Also have this:

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 11:03 on May 27, 2012

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Mercury Hat posted:

I'm sure he's got ideas on how to pay the bills with his stuff without everyone falling over themselves to think up a business model for him to compete with Two Kinds :v: .

I'm honestly starting to wonder, given the prices he's setting on his prints and canvases. I'm not entirely sure he's getting the hang of the whole "make a living off my art" thing.

Agreeable Employer
Apr 28, 2008

Mercury Hat posted:

I know everybody's eager to throw money at Tea-san however they can and tell him how much they'd give him, but it's been said before that Kickstarter is US-only.

What? No...

*googles*

loving hell, internet.... :suicide:

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Zimmy is about to gently caress with something that I don't think she should gently caress with :ohdear:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Huh, we've never really seen Zimmy trying to intentionally use her powers, such as they are. This can only end in disaster. :ohdear:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

So wait, Anthony is doing something, and this isn't just psychosomatic? Guess I was wrong before.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

In case anyone is wondering, this is the first time Annie ended up in the hospital:
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=47

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Well if Dr. Carver doesn't like his mysterious, coma-inducing experiments disrupted, he can just come right down here and say so himself. :colbert:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Does this sound like Dr. Carver?

"Antiomny cannot get teen pregnant while she is in a coma. Jimmy Jims knows how to respond to anyone who thinks otherwise."

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

So wait, Anthony is doing something, and this isn't just psychosomatic? Guess I was wrong before.

I wouldn't be too sure. Zimmy has a lot of experience with telling people apart from psychological projections and various other types of not-people, but she's not perfect.

Iny fucked around with this message at 13:03 on May 28, 2012

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

Literally Sharks posted:

I think it's still entirely possible for it to be psychosomatic. It's just that if it is, it's linked to her thoughts about her father.

"I don't know where he is but I can try and stop whatever he's doing" makes it sound like something more is going on than just Annie going into a coma because she had emotions.

Which is good, because I kinda dislike that trope where your physical health is linked directly to what mood you're in. I'm glad we don't seem to be headed in that direction.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Cestrian posted:

Which is good, because I kinda dislike that trope where your physical health is linked directly to what mood you're in

That trope called....reality?

Also 'trope' is a terrible word, and should never be used by decent people.

Cestrian
Nov 5, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

That trope called....reality?

Also 'trope' is a terrible word, and should never be used by decent people.

That story idea then.

And yes I know people's moods are directly linked to their physical health in lots of ways, but it tends to be more subtle then "I'm feeling upset, oops I'm in a coma" which is what some people are suggesting. You look ragged, you stop sleeping or eating well, you recover slower from injuries. Flat out collapsing and being bed ridden just because you're in emotional turmoil only really happens to regency heroines and Prince Zuko.

There tends to be other factors involved as well. Such as, for instance, her dad performing surgery on her.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Cestrian posted:

That story idea then.

And yes I know people's moods are directly linked to their physical health in lots of ways, but it tends to be more subtle then "I'm feeling upset, oops I'm in a coma" which is what some people are suggesting. You look ragged, you stop sleeping or eating well, you recover slower from injuries. Flat out collapsing and being bed ridden just because you're in emotional turmoil only really happens to regency heroines and Prince Zuko.

There tends to be other factors involved as well. Such as, for instance, her dad performing surgery on her.

I don't think people never collapse under stress, but yeah a coma is far-fetched.

This does seem like Anthony's doing after all. Maybe this was his gambit with the satellite, perhaps he knew Annie couldn't resist sneaking her blinker stone on it.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

YF-23 posted:

I don't think people never collapse under stress, but yeah a coma is far-fetched.

This does seem like Anthony's doing after all. Maybe this was his gambit with the satellite, perhaps he knew Annie couldn't resist sneaking her blinker stone on it.
Alternatively, what if her sending up the blinker stone was an unexpected "invitation" for him to go tinkering? Anthony saw it and couldn't resist poking at it. I still don't think he's actively malicious.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Cestrian posted:

Such as, for instance, her dad performing surgery on her.

Hmm, now that you say that...

He had Donny and Annie send surgical scalpels up to his satellite. He called Annie, so he wanted her involved with the process. Now we have something going on that's being etherically represented as a bunch of pointy things coming down out of the sky and into her.

:tinfoil:

Wili
Apr 7, 2010

ppppbbbbtttthhhhhhttppp!

Suaimhneas posted:

Hmm, now that you say that...

He had Donny and Annie send surgical scalpels up to his satellite. He called Annie, so he wanted her involved with the process. Now we have something going on that's being etherically represented as a bunch of pointy things coming down out of the sky and into her.

:tinfoil:

I suspect something along this lines, too. Because no one other that Kat and friends seems to be worried about Annie, and they themselves have no idea what is going on. All Kat was told is that there was no reason to worry. So, maybe there is none. The adults have know what is happening to Annie.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Aceofblue posted:

Alternatively, what if her sending up the blinker stone was an unexpected "invitation" for him to go tinkering? Anthony saw it and couldn't resist poking at it. I still don't think he's actively malicious.

It needn't be maliciousness, he could be doing this out of benevolence. Hell for all we know he may may even have Annie's consent to do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Doubtful. Annie would have at least informed Kat or Reynardine if something was going to happen.

My (Anthony-hating) speculation: Anthony is trying to tear out the soul of Annie to put into whatever horrifying Surma-simulacrum he has constructed. In the flashback, he wasn't interested in Antimony's welfare at all, rather he wanted to preserve the vessel of her mother's reincarnation.

quote:

I suspect something along this lines, too. Because no one other that Kat and friends seems to be worried about Annie, and they themselves have no idea what is going on. All Kat was told is that there was no reason to worry. So, maybe there is none. The adults have know what is happening to Annie.

They unleashed Zimmy on the situation. That's rather incongruous with 'nothing to worry about'.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 28, 2012