Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I totally massacre every wave until 11 then I get steamrolled.
I think I managed to beat 4 but not ace it, but got destroyed pretty quickly on 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I know I'm super late with this, but I got Temple Run after being bugged about it by people at work. It's fun, although once you figure out how to break it and consistently slow down, it sort of ruins the challenge. Also the boost crashes my phone (HTC One S).

Still working on 1 million without power-ups though :(

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Some of the Because We May deals are up. Just got Bean's Quest for $0.99. :toot:

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Kifisonfire posted:

I know I'm super late with this, but I got Temple Run after being bugged about it by people at work. It's fun, although once you figure out how to break it and consistently slow down, it sort of ruins the challenge.

How do you do that?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
What's the difference between Snuggle and Smuggle Truck? Are they the same game with a different skin or different levels too?

EDIT: VV Sweet, thanks

A Fancy 400 lbs fucked around with this message at 05:56 on May 24, 2012

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

What's the difference between Snuggle and Smuggle Truck? Are they the same game with a different skin or different levels too?
Just a different skin.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Apparently they both just crash on the XPRT and they put no warning up despite having known about it for a month. Way to go devs!

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Some of the Because We May deals are up. Just got Bean's Quest for $0.99. :toot:
Just got this because of all the recommendations. It's a really fun game; I thought I'd be put off by the fact that as a Mexican jumping bean you're constantly jumping but the controls are tight enough so they don't cause too many issues.

Anyway looks like most of the Because We May deals are up. I personally recommend World of Goo, Osmos, Canabalt, Anomaly HD, ShadowGun and Zen Bound 2.

Full list of games here: http://www.becausewemay.com/play.html

edit: Also it looks like you can get GTA III for only a buck until this Monday as well.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 24, 2012

traslin
Feb 19, 2004
Hooked On Phoenix

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Picked this up as well. Pretty fun little game, and I think my kid might enjoy it more than other platformers since all he has to do is time going left and right. I'll work him up to Gunman Clive ;).

I also wanted to pick up Whale Trail, but it is showing as $1.49 instead of the $0.99 shown on the Because We May page. I'm holding out in case it is a glitch and they lower the price eventually.

Jorath
Jul 9, 2001
I can't get past the second wave in the last level (9) of Radiant Defense. anyone got any starting layouts that work?

I only have the $ boosting tower purchased, not that I think there's any way to deploy any premium towers in the first 3 waves.

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:
GTA3 is 0.99 cents: http://androidandme.com/2012/05/games/rockstar-games-lowers-grand-theft-auto-iii-to-0-99-for-limited-time-max-payne-still-mia/

Gonna see if it works on my Droid 3.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

How do you do that?
When you swipe into the walls, mistime a jump to barely make it or trip over the small tree roots the guys chasing you catch up and it slows you down temporarily. Once you overcome enough obstacles so that they disappear, just do it again.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Kifisonfire posted:

When you swipe into the walls, mistime a jump to barely make it or trip over the small tree roots the guys chasing you catch up and it slows you down temporarily. Once you overcome enough obstacles so that they disappear, just do it again.

I knew if you hit a wall or mistimed a jumped they could catch you, I didn't know that actually slowed your guy down though...nice.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I knew if you hit a wall or mistimed a jumped they could catch you, I didn't know that actually slowed your guy down though...nice.
Yeah it's the common gameplay theme of these "Runner" type games, you slow down bumping stuff, and also jumping too often. I was playing some game named "Shaolin Jump" the other day and it was the same thing.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Splizwarf posted:

loving SpaceChem. I want to play that on an Android tablet more than any other game ever made. "It'll be a year or two before I can get a tablet, he'll have it ready to go by then!" I said, and here it is two years later. I got my tablet, where's his end of the deal?

Why won't he port it? :(

Speaking of...

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 25, 2012

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I filled out the Google Doc survey they have, they only want information for tablets on their screen size. I tweeted to them asking if they wanted usable or total screen size. I asked because the TF201 has a screen total size of 1280x800, but the notification bar takes up 48 pixels in either orientation. Therfore the screen size can either me 800x1232 or 1280x752 and shrinks down to 1280x720 when using HDMI.

I actually played Gem Miner 2 while using HDMI and I noticed that every moves upwards on the screen making some of the objects and text unreadable. I haven't tested anything else to find out if it just happens in GM2 though.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

You Don't Know Jack is coming to Android! It'll feature cross-platform play between Facebook, Android, and iOS. I've been beta testing the Facebook version and it is awesome.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mrkillboy posted:

Just got this because of all the recommendations. It's a really fun game; I thought I'd be put off by the fact that as a Mexican jumping bean you're constantly jumping but the controls are tight enough so they don't cause too many issues.

Anyway looks like most of the Because We May deals are up. I personally recommend World of Goo, Osmos, Canabalt, Anomaly HD, ShadowGun and Zen Bound 2.

edit: Also it looks like you can get GTA III for only a buck until this Monday as well.

Also note, they added more games since the list first came out. I picked up X-Plane 9 for $1.49, as well as three or four other games.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
So is there any way to get these Becausewemay deals on my kindle Fire?

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lowness 72 posted:

So is there any way to get these Becausewemay deals on my kindle Fire?

Besides rooting and installing the market, no. The whole point of the deal is to highlight markets that allow the app's sellers to change the price of their apps at their will, or "because they may". The Amazon Appstore doesn't allow that IIRC.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer
Princess Nuriko

Princess Nuriko is amazing. It's along the same lines as minesweeper, but with just enough of a twist. $0.99 for the Because We May thing and seems worth it so far. There is a demo available too.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

The Jorts of Zeus posted:

Princess Nuriko

Princess Nuriko is amazing. It's along the same lines as minesweeper, but with just enough of a twist. $0.99 for the Because We May thing and seems worth it so far. There is a demo available too.

Is there a full list of discounted games somewhere? I'm only seeing a handful on the Google store.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

HelloNewman posted:

Is there a full list of discounted games somewhere? I'm only seeing a handful on the Google store.

mrkillboy posted:

This page.

lonters run around
Oct 25, 2011

by T. Mascis
Any good tactics style games? Turn based?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Spectral Souls, it's even half off so $7 until the 1st.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So someone finally made a Tagmagotchi app! It's called BitBeast and it is awesome. It uses a bunch of your phone sensors and features for various functions and games (you can speak to your pet!) and even pause it if you can't do stuff with your pet for an extended period of time. It's also on sale as part of the Because We May special deal thing so I'd recommended picking it up before 6/1.

[Edit: no IAP for food or anything, and its super easy to get bits to buy food (shake the crap out of your phone for a few seconds). There's Bluetooth beast battling, the ability to sense what the ambient temperature of the room you're in... why are you still reading this? Go buy the game.]

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 27, 2012

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
Gotta say, of all like 12 tamagotchi programs I've DLed over the last year, well, none of them have given me a stegosaurus(the best dinosaur). Also the Pokemon-lite features are definitely a neat touch, now I just have to get my wife to install it too. :3:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Elder Signs: Omens is pretty neat! The DLC is pretty good and I bought it as well.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Quad posted:

Gotta say, of all like 12 tamagotchi programs I've DLed over the last year, well, none of them have given me a stegosaurus(the best dinosaur). Also the Pokemon-lite features are definitely a neat touch, now I just have to get my wife to install it too. :3:

Oh I didn't realize there were others. This is still a pretty good one, though.

vonManstein
Nov 5, 2006
Crap, ended up impulse buying about 14 games after glancing at the Because we can list.

Now to get around playing them...

Philo
Jul 18, 2007
This is no game. This is no fun. Your life is flame. Your time is come.
Is this the right place to ask for suggestions?

I need something that my mom can play with/against other people. Relatively easy (again, mom) and cute would be best. She's already playing Draw Something and Words.

Smite
Jul 5, 2007

...and then he eats the body, but they always cut out the spoon scene.
Game Dev Story 2 for the PC is in the works and nearly translated. They're taking advantage of screen space to fill it up with spreadsheets, numbers and multiple windows and make it look overwhelming. Beta testing for it is open to people who've donated to them.

I heard it was coming to phones but I don't have any idea how far along that is. All I can find is that it 'isn't soon.' Anyone hear anything about it that isn't from the one or two articles that exist?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Smite posted:

Game Dev Story 2 for the PC is in the works and nearly translated. They're taking advantage of screen space to fill it up with spreadsheets, numbers and multiple windows and make it look overwhelming. Beta testing for it is open to people who've donated to them.

I heard it was coming to phones but I don't have any idea how far along that is. All I can find is that it 'isn't soon.' Anyone hear anything about it that isn't from the one or two articles that exist?

So are they moving from porting old phone games to porting old Windows 98 games?

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Has anybody played iAssociate 2? It's a pretty fun word association game.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Is there any grinding in Spectral Souls? I've only played the first five or six battles in the beginning so far. I feel I'm going to get to a point in the game where someone has to be a certain level, but I only like playing with my strongest people.

I actually do like some grind in my RPGs.

Hoplosternum
Jun 2, 2010

:parrot:

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Has anybody played iAssociate 2? It's a pretty fun word association game.

Dammit, I want this, it's like Funny Farm!
But I don't see why it needs permissions such as sending msgs and knowing my location :tinfoil:

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

SlayVus posted:

Is there any grinding in Spectral Souls? I've only played the first five or six battles in the beginning so far. I feel I'm going to get to a point in the game where someone has to be a certain level, but I only like playing with my strongest people.

I actually do like some grind in my RPGs.

There's some grinding yeah. There's also a New Game+ mode. There are a few grind maps available to you after you get not too far in, and you can then get some levels and more importantly upgrade some weapons and turn people into insane kill machines (like Nagi).

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Is it grindy like "Press single button a lot to kill cannon fodder until numbers go up!" or do the grind battles still require tactical thinking?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Uhhhh both. The number of AP you get (think that's what it's called, you use it to upgrade gear) is static (or close to it) for the map, so you can keep grinding away at a map leveling your weapons up to max level long past when the mobs are a challenge. But when the map first opens up, it's at least as challenging, if not more so, than the story maps preceding it's opening.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Hoplosternum posted:

Dammit, I want this, it's like Funny Farm!
But I don't see why it needs permissions such as sending msgs and knowing my location :tinfoil:
Adverts and billing via your service provider. I don't like it either but drat it's addictive.

• Locked thread