Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If it means the toys or the house, ebay them fuckers.

Edit: If the lego truck is the tractor trailer with the small boxes of lego sets in it, I might be interested. Pm or email me at captaininvictus@gmail.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You ever see a homeless guy with a lego collection? :smith:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Of course not, because he could use the lego collection to build himself a house, and therefore no longer be homeless.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

General Specific posted:

-Master Sword forest clearing/pedestal from LTTP (almost any scene from LTTP, really)
-King of Red Lions (talking boat) from WW

I actually made both of these once, I think I still have King of Red Lions still built somewhere. I made a really big terrible looking Octoroc too, also started a dungeon but didn't get that far before quitting.

What about The Angry Videogame Nerd for the Lego Cuusoo idea? Or someone could put together a MOC of robots pushing and shoving people down stairs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Angry Video Game Nerd predicates his fame on using as many monkey cheese swear word combinations as possible. No way would Lego accept him.

Penny Arcade at least has the charity thing and PAX to fall back on, if not the comic itself. Something Awful, too, would be a hard sell, but I think a Lowtax vs Uwe Boll complete with boxing ring would be a nice set. Just model the characters after the two and then make a boxing ring, presto!

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

I hate snakes, Jock. I hate 'em!

Lofty132 posted:

Goons, due to a cash flow problem, I am teetering on the edge of selling my collection. Millenium Falcon, X Wing, Battle of Endor, Police Boat, Fire Helicopter, Lego Truck, small police sets and assorted minifigs, random box of lego. Tell me why I shouldn't do it.

There's plenty of money in the world. They make more every day. But those LEGO bricks are yours, and were made for you.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The Affair posted:

There's plenty of money in the world. They make more every day. But those LEGO bricks are yours, and were made for you.
No. Shut up. Toys are toys. Legos are not as important as sustaining oneself, as great as they are.

I stopped joking about this sort of thing after a goon actually took the advice you're giving and wound up in financial trouble instead of giving up his toys.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Lofty132 posted:

Goons, due to a cash flow problem, I am teetering on the edge of selling my collection. Millenium Falcon, X Wing, Battle of Endor, Police Boat, Fire Helicopter, Lego Truck, small police sets and assorted minifigs, random box of lego. Tell me why I shouldn't do it.

You shouldn't do it because surely you have other stuff to sell that wont retain its value as well at the legos. TV, game consoles, PC, etc.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Lofty132 posted:

Are you in danger of being homeless? If so, sell, sell sell. Its very difficult to climb up from homeless once you're there.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Is anyone interested in the batmobile they gave away in the Sun? I got a duplicate of it today (they were all out the Ninjago set I really wanted) and its free to a good home, or for a trade of the aforementioned Ninjago set.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PriorMarcus posted:

Is anyone interested in the batmobile they gave away in the Sun? I got a duplicate of it today (they were all out the Ninjago set I really wanted) and its free to a good home, or for a trade of the aforementioned Ninjago set.

I can pay for shipping to the US but have no Ninjago to trade.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
My Batman Jetski arrived today, thanks Lord Evil Elmo, you're the best!

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007
:( Did I miss out? I haven't been reading the Lego thread religiously

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

kensei posted:

I can pay for shipping to the US but have no Ninjago to trade.

That's fine. My email is seebackfordetails [at] hotmail [dot] com, you can send me your details there and I'll look into mailing cost for you.

sc0ticus
Apr 16, 2005
hey skin like a doll

Lofty132 posted:

Which Millenium Falcon do you have? Depending on the answer, I would want you to sell.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
Vampyr Hearse, Magneto Chopper and free good version of the Hulk came in the mail today, building the Chopper right now. The minifigs in this set are fantastic. You know how in some sets the licensed figures are neat, because they're that guy, but they aren't that good as minifigs (looking at you wring wraiths), well these three are absolutely perfect and work great as easily recognizable guys from the comics, they all have front and back painted bodies and painted legs, and the two with faces have serious (not poop face!) or bared teeth options. Wolverine has his hood down, and it's pained on the back of the minifig!

The chopper itself is fun, too. Did somebody say magenta cheese slopes? How about like 20 of them. The build is nothing shocking, but it's old school in that well put together, sturdy kind of way. Huge amounts of play value for a kid in the chopper alone, and they even did a good job incorporating those stupid rear end flick missles so they look like they belong instead of looking like they usually do.

The Hulk freebie version is good not great. He has two faces, but one is poop face. The other one is Hulk Smash face, though, so it doesn't really matter because you'll never use the other one. The legs are painted with his purple shorts, which is rad, but only on the front. Not surprising, but side painting would have put it even more over the top.

Saving the hearse to build probably over the weekend.

Pirate Ken
Jul 1, 2006
I am super awesome.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

That's pretty cool looking. They have them right there at GameStop? I wonder what the minimum pre-order you have to plunk down is to walk out with one.

So I went today and got the preorder, and was disappointed when they informed me I would get the fig when I picked up the game. So, guess I'm buying Lego Batman 2. Which I'm okay with, I guess.

Unrelated, I went to my local Walmart today (southern MD) and they had POTC and Harry Potter sets from 25-33% off. I think some have mentioned this sale earlier, but I picked up QAR for $80 and am excited.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

I just got done building Shelob Attacks. It's a fun build and I didn't realize that Shelob has webbing until I picked up the box. The internal gear system to wind it back up is nice.

Although I feel the 2 spare rings is overkill. I now have 3 rings just from one set.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

PriorMarcus posted:

That's fine. My email is seebackfordetails [at] hotmail [dot] com, you can send me your details there and I'll look into mailing cost for you.

Mail sent!

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
Oh, I forgot. If anyone in Washington was looking for the dynamic duo funhouse, we got a bunch of them yesterday. Dont know how many are still there, but we had a lot when I left!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
So I take my kid to the Legoland Discovery that just opened up and in the store I see this:

Not only are the Pick a Brick bins empty, but they're filled with LEGO branded stuffed animals. What manner of faggotry is this?

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

So I take my kid to the Legoland Discovery that just opened up and in the store I see this:

Not only are the Pick a Brick bins empty, but they're filled with LEGO branded stuffed animals. What manner of faggotry is this?

Wow, that's super lame. I'm glad we have enough Pick a Brick for at least a few months.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I'm thinking about getting the imperial shutttle next time I am in the US, is there any chance I can talk someone at the lego store to giving me a discount to bring it closer to the may the fourth sales price or are employees not allowed to give discounts?

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

Ika posted:

I'm thinking about getting the imperial shutttle next time I am in the US, is there any chance I can talk someone at the lego store to giving me a discount to bring it closer to the may the fourth sales price or are employees not allowed to give discounts?

The only time I can give a discount is if its a damaged set that's just 10 or 20 percent off, or its someone who works in the mall. I guess the SEALUG people get discounts, but I don't know how much or how often.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

alright, maybe they'll have a damaged one.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ika posted:

No employees are allowed to give discounts at any business in north america, not even the manager 99% of the time. Most business have realized people are going to buy their stuff no matter what, so there's no point trying to build relationships and loyalty with a customer via discounts since it won't matter to the business either way.

I think just about the only thing people haggle over these days is the price of vehicles and homes/property. Anything else and it's the stores way or the highway.

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!
I do enjoy free sun Lego sets, today's tie fighter was a perticularly entertaining little build, here is my final list of what I have to trade from the extras I've picked up, no thanks to the new toys are us nazi like one bag per person policy

2 x batman jetski
2 x batmobile
1 x ninjago white dude with hidden sai
1 x tie fighter

Would prefer to ship to the uk ( sorry us goon that asked earlier) also have a bag full from the last sun promotion when I was getting 5 or 6 a day if anyone interested

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

No employees are allowed to give discounts at any business in north america, not even the manager 99% of the time. Most business have realized people are going to buy their stuff no matter what, so there's no point trying to build relationships and loyalty with a customer via discounts since it won't matter to the business either way.

I think just about the only thing people haggle over these days is the price of vehicles and homes/property. Anything else and it's the stores way or the highway.

Literally any employee at Home Depot can authorize up to a $50 discount off a single purchase without manager approval, and it's completely up to the associate to decide when it's appropriate.

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

InsanityRocks posted:

I do enjoy free sun Lego sets, today's tie fighter was a perticularly entertaining little build, here is my final list of what I have to trade from the extras I've picked up, no thanks to the new toys are us nazi like one bag per person policy

2 x batman jetski
2 x batmobile
1 x ninjago white dude with hidden sai
1 x tie fighter

Would prefer to ship to the uk ( sorry us goon that asked earlier) also have a bag full from the last sun promotion when I was getting 5 or 6 a day if anyone interested

I'd be interested in one each of those. :)

My email is [redacted]

Umbra Dubium fucked around with this message at 17:03 on May 27, 2012

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Yeah this is 99% wrong.

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Managers and staff can give out discounts, it's just up to their discretion. Wanting to get a set cheaper just because doesn't make any sense so no one would give him that shuttle at a discount for no reason. If he had a valid reason they would give him a discount.

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine
I apologize if this is answered elsewhere but we had a Lego question and I remembered this thread existed:

We got the program from Lego to design your own creations so that they can be ordered through the website. However, it included colors that were not available on the website. Got it anyway with the hopes of somehow coloring some of the bricks after the fact.

So, is there a good way of going about this? Or was this a horrible mistake.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Golbez posted:

I apologize if this is answered elsewhere but we had a Lego question and I remembered this thread existed:

We got the program from Lego to design your own creations so that they can be ordered through the website. However, it included colors that were not available on the website. Got it anyway with the hopes of somehow coloring some of the bricks after the fact.

So, is there a good way of going about this? Or was this a horrible mistake.

There is really no way of coloring Lego bricks that is going to work out the way you're hoping it will. Next time order the pieces in the color you actually want from BrickLink or something.

That's even putting aside the significant portion of AFOLs who are going to want to crucify you for even considering painting bricks.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

InsanityRocks posted:

...also have a bag full from the last sun promotion when I was getting 5 or 6 a day if anyone interested

I might be interested in a few of those if not all, can you pm me the set deets please?

Golbez
Oct 9, 2002

1 2 3!
If you want to take a shot at me get in line, line
1 2 3!
Baby, I've had all my shots and I'm fine

Travis343 posted:

There is really no way of coloring Lego bricks that is going to work out the way you're hoping it will. Next time order the pieces in the color you actually want from BrickLink or something.

That's even putting aside the significant portion of AFOLs who are going to want to crucify you for even considering painting bricks.

We were just really annoyed the Lego program let you use colors that you couldn't then purchase in a set from Lego, so we made rash decisions. Still annoyed.

InsanityRocks
Oct 28, 2006
I'm a rocker . . I'm a roller too baby!

beato posted:

I might be interested in a few of those if not all, can you pm me the set deets please?

Got no pm, pop an email down for me and I'll tell you what I have

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

InsanityRocks posted:

Got no pm, pop an email down for me and I'll tell you what I have

I would be interested in some sets if you could also give me the details, and if you've got those newer ones I'd like some of those as well. I've got a ton of stuff to trade, including a shitload of Romans/Clockwork Robots/Genies/Statues of Liberty and everything in this thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3481185

Captaininvictus@gmail.com

beato posted:

"deets"

Nazzle
Apr 11, 2008
So a new possibly somewhat daft question from me!

Almost bought the Grand Emporium today, but dont quite know if i have missed the boat in makin a proper street/city thing.

Are those modular buildings going to stop soon or is it a line that people think is likely to continue?

Testro
May 2, 2009
I doubt the modular line is going to stop any time soon. (Although, like any line, it will all depend on sales - but at it currently stands, I would say it's a permanent fixture for the foreseeable future.)

You can currently buy Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, Pet Shop and Town Hall...which is more than enough to make a decent street scene, even if the unthinkable happened and the line ended tomorrow.

If you want to start collecting the modular line, get the Fire Brigade first as it is likely to be the first to be discontinued.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
On closer inspection, my free Hulk minifig is a bit messed up. His bared teeth RAGE face (the good one) is missing big chunks of the white teeth. The black outline is all intact, but the white teeth have a section missing on the bottom and two missing on the top.

Is it worth contacting Lego about this and asking for a replacement, or am I just SOL?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)