Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

Bronn is a weird 30 year old who is dating a fat 11th grader. My high school had one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Poldarn posted:

Bronn is a weird 30 year old who is dating a fat 11th grader. My high school had one.

A weird 30 year old, who likes all the cool bands ever, and will buy cigarettes and beer for the kids on school. He also beats up jocks.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Girafro posted:

I'm hoping we'll get to see Tywin lay down some goddamn law around that castle. poo poo, Cersei pulling Joff from the battlements and demoralizing their troops, almost killing Tommen, getting drunk off her rear end and sabotaging all of Tyrion's plans. Joff being a cowardly little bitch, the treachery of the Kingsguard, Tywin's gonna make some goddamn heads roll for this terrible mess.

And maybe, just maybe, he'll love Tyrion at long last. :neckbeard:

Also, a Tyrell + Lannister alliance is not good news for Robb. I knew it was gonna happen, Robb has been riding high all season, he's gonna take a hell of a big fall, I just hope he doesn't die. :ohdear:

:allears:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Since were on the topic of high school versions of ASOIAF, I went back and found this piece I wrote in one of the gassed bad thread iterations.

bigmcgaffney posted:

"Yo Kingslayer! Toss me a brew, man!" Osmund Kettleblack shouted over the music.

Jaime was shaken from his reverie. "What? Oh sure." He opened the cooler and grabbed a can of White Harbor and handed it to the ruddy faced knight in the Ed Hardy tee.

"Thanks, bro! Down for some pong, dawg? Me and Osfryd versus you and whoever. Thoros has been on fire tonight, maybe him or Oakheart."

"No thanks Oz. Maybe later though, yeah?" Jaime said. Osmund looked disheartened but he shrugged it off and cracked his beer. They pounded fists and Oz wandered into the crowd. The Landing was packed tonight. He didn't even know half these posers in their popped collars. They were loving leeches, always hanging around trying to curry favors from Robby and the queen. Robby was shitfaced as usual. At the moment he was out on the balcony smoking a blunt with some Summer Islanders, maybe taking a couple hits of milk of the poppy. But Cersei...

His sister was surrounded by handmaidens, useless and stupid one and all. Attractive, but not his type. He sipped his wine, the goblet gripped firmly in his hand. He watched Cersei move, flitting from one bitch to the next, laughing and joking. She wore a top the color of sea foam that showed a lot of back and some of her flat stomach, showing off her supple tanned skin. Her jeans were tight and were low on her waist and Jaime felt his dick get hard as he stared at her rear end. Her long blond hair hung in ringlets down her back. She looked over her shoulder and they made eye contact. She smiled at him and waved. He smiled back.

"She looks gorgeous tonight, Jaime," said a deep voice beside him.

"Yeah. How are you doing tonight, Sandor?"

The tall man grunted. "Fine."

"Not drinking?"

"Im the DD."

Jaime laughed. "You? I didn't peg you for the altruistic type."

Sandor Clegane scratched at his scarred face. "gently caress that. I just have a bad feeling about tonight. Not in the mood for this poo poo."

"I feel you, man. Where'd Greg get off to? Getting in fights? Chasing some tail?"

Sandor shook his head. "Holed up in the bathroom banging some Highgarden slut. I think she's still in loving high school. He's twice her loving size. He could break her in half."

Jaime took another swallow of wine."poo poo. That guy needs to chill out. One day he's going to be a bit too rough and then what? One of these girls is going to have a brother or a dad who isn't afraid of him and they're going to come after his rear end."

"gently caress him. gently caress Gregor. Let's go outside and get some air."

Jaime followed Sandor through the crowd, ignoring the nameless assholes who tried to get his attention or high five him. As they crossed the living room they heard a knock on the door, barely audible over the thumping bass. Jaime pointed at the door and Sandor nodded. They made their way over to door, where Boros Blount was looking through the peephole.

Blount turned around, eyes wild and bloodshot. He was obviously high. "Cops, man! It's the loving cops!"

Jaime's veins turned to ice. He yanked Blount back from the door and shoved him into the crowd. He looked at Sandor.

"You got this, Jaime?"

"Yeah." He reached into his pocket and felt the switchblade nestled beside his cell phone. "I got this. Keep these people under control." Sandor nodded and was gone.

The music stopped and people started looking around. Boros was still jabbering and then people began to panic. Sandor was shouting now, telling people to stay calm.

Jaime opened the door. Two cops. Jaime stared the first one in the eye, and then the other. He smiled contemptuously, still holding his goblet of wine.

"Can I help you, sers?"

"We got a noise complaint for this address. Mind if we come in and take a look?" said the first cop. The other one was eyeballing the goblet.

"We'll turn the music down, sers. Sorry about the disturbance."

The first cop was trying to peer inside over Jaime's shoulder. "I think we'd better come in and see what's going on in there." He raised a flashlight and took a step forward."

Jaime didn't budge. "I think we have a misunderstanding."

"What did you say, son? Step outside and put your hands-"

He trailed off as Jaime stepped forward, his face an inch from the cop's. "You have a radio, ser? Why don't you call up the chief at the station. Janos Slynt. Tell him what's going on here."

"Janos Slynt? I don't think I understand-"

"Oh I think you do. Go ahead and radio in."

The other cop hesitated, then walked a few paces away and held the radio to his face. A moment later he walked back and apologized.

"Sorry, we, ah, didn't know. Sorry about the inconvenience," he said.

The first cop glared at Jaime, about to say something. Then he turned and they walked away. Jaime stepped back inside and closed the door, heart pounding with exhilaration.

Robby slapped him on the shoulder. The big dark haired man laughed. "You're the loving man, Kingslayer. I know you always got my back."

Jaime gave a huge grin, not at Robby, but at Cersei who stood next to him.

"Okay, turn the music back on!" Robby bellowed. "Lets PARTY!" He put his arm around Cersei and they started walking off. She looked back at him, and winked. Jaime's heart leapt in his chest. Then Robert's hand slid down and squeezed her rear end, and then they were gone. Jaime finished his wine in one swallow and went for a refill.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

You have to love his enthusiasm, and in the context of the show, his inveterate love of Tywin.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

bigmcgaffney posted:

Since were on the topic of high school versions of ASOIAF, I went back and found this piece I wrote in one of the gassed bad thread iterations.

Didn't someone draw a high school drama comic too?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Anders posted:

Didn't someone draw a high school drama comic too?

Haha yeah someone did, I forgot who though.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

bigmcgaffney posted:

I was half expecting this to have been a passage from Rules of Attraction with all the names switched. Again you disappoint me, you puppy.

Tres Burritos
Sep 3, 2009

So I just finished Dance with Dragons. I ended up getting a little skip happy on some of the boring parts near the end. Why did we decide to kill Jon Snow? "For the watch"? people just didn't like him and the wildlings goin' to kick some rear end? That was bullshit and stupid. Also, I could give a flying gently caress about these assholes on boats and tyrion and cersei and the dornish and asha and jaime in this book. They literally did nothing.

The 2 Arya chapters were okay though.
I came to this book with low expectations and they were met. As a reader who wasn't really that into the series and read the last 4 back to back I gotta say that it seems like HBO has been doing pretty drat well for the source material that they have. I like the show. The only difference from the book that I've noticed is the Rob love interest plotline, which is kind of bad.

And that's what I think about game of thrones.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
The wilding poo poo was bad enough, but it's because Jon Snow was about to insert himself into politics south of the wall by attacking Ramsay Bolton to rescue his "sister".

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
A Dance with Dragons' main problem isn't so much that the Tyrion, Jon Snow, and Dany chapters are kinda boring and dumb so much as that there are so goddamn many of them. The chapters involving basically everyone else are perfectly fine (as is pretty much the entirety of AFFC), and Tyrion's stuff toward the very beginning/Dany's stuff toward the very end, apart from taking a gigantic bloody poo poo, is pretty fine too.

Mrs. Badcrumble fucked around with this message at 19:04 on May 28, 2012

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I've been catching up with the latest(?) episode and the simple shrug Arya does when said that she lacks honor is simply what makes her the best Stark. Can't remember if that part was in the books or not.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Another little thing that was great in the last episode was Tyrion's tiny grin while he was making the speech to lead the men beyond the wall. It perfectly captured his sense of "what the gently caress am I doing?" that was in his thoughts in the book, thoughts that are often very difficult to show physically. A tiny gesture and you got it, though. And my god, Sansa is so much more awesome now. That actress is acting the hell out of her parts. Book Sansa chapters I hated, now with every scene I like her more. She's learning how to play the game much faster than she did in the books.

Today was the day ~~~My Lancel~~~ became a real man. :allears:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I was half expecting this to have been a passage from Rules of Attraction with all the names switched. Again you disappoint me, you puppy.

Joffrey is obviously Patrick Bateman.

The Blackwater ruled. Lancel more of a man than Joffrey. And the Hound's "gently caress the king, I'm out bitches". Sansa should have bailed with him though.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

bigmcgaffney posted:

the Hound's "gently caress the king, I'm out bitches". Sansa should have bailed with him though.

My SanSan! :reddit:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Really though, her options were to leave and go back North with a badass protecting her, or stay basically a captive of either the Lannisters who she hates, or Stannis who is a hardliner. She is his opponents sister and the only reason she thinks he won't hurt her is because drunk Cersei told her so.

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Really though, her options were to leave and go back North with a badass protecting her, or stay basically a captive of either the Lannisters who she hates, or Stannis who is a hardliner. She is his opponents sister and the only reason she thinks he won't hurt her is because drunk Cersei told her so.

This is why they should've brought Dontos back sooner :mad: Now all these dumb babbys are going to be asking why didn't she run off with the scary homicidal guy, he seems legit.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Waffle Ho posted:

This is why they should've brought Dontos back sooner :mad: Now all these dumb babbys are going to be asking why didn't she run off with the scary homicidal guy, he seems legit.

Exactly. Despite him saying he loves killing repeatedly, he's just a big softie at heart!

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Exactly. Despite him saying he loves killing repeatedly, he's just a big softie at heart!

Just ask all the Sandor fangirls who call him "Puppy" and "Sandy"

(I wish I were loving kidding)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Waffle Ho posted:

Just ask all the Sandor fangirls who call him "Puppy" and "Sandy"

(I wish I were loving kidding)

gently caress humanity.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

OK, that was a pretty cool episode.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Junkenstein posted:

OK, that was a pretty cool episode.

Not really.

They ruined SanSan! :qq:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

bigmcgaffney posted:

I can't decide if Sansa thinking Stannis isn't going to kill her is because of her naivety--he's a Lord, if not a King and honorable blah blah. Or if it's just the way he's been described in King's Landing--you know how they all laughed about Ned, I imagine they laughed even harder about Holy-Stick-Up-His-rear end-Stannis.

Basically I think it's this: it wsn't that long ago that she was almost being raped in the streets. Sansa is a teenage girl, she's not going to go out into another mob when she can sit in her barricaded room and hope for Stannis to put every Lannister's head on a pike. And if he loses, well. She can always say she was praying for Joffrey or some crap.

Blind Melon
Jan 3, 2006
I like fire, you can have some too.

whowhatwhere posted:

The wilding poo poo was bad enough, but it's because Jon Snow was about to insert himself into politics south of the wall by attacking Ramsay Bolton to rescue his "sister".

There's also the part where he sent part of the watch north in boats to get killed by zombie walruses, against all advice, and then decided to send another large chunk of the watch north this time with wagons and stuff to get eaten by zombie polar bears. Because the people at hard home will become zombies too and that would be bad....yet fighting the zombie apocalypse on their ground is perfectly sensible. And feeding them the night watch is super smart. Oh btw I'm going south with some wildlings. Have fun dying in the cold.

I'd have stabbed him too.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

empty sea posted:

Basically I think it's this: it wsn't that long ago that she was almost being raped in the streets. Sansa is a teenage girl, she's not going to go out into another mob when she can sit in her barricaded room and hope for Stannis to put every Lannister's head on a pike. And if he loses, well. She can always say she was praying for Joffrey or some crap.

Yeah, I think her decision really does make a lot more sense when you realized that since nobody knew that Tywin was coming, it was almost certain at that point that the Lannisters were going to lose. Stannis has a reputation for being honorable and generally not rapey, and so then when all is said and done Joffrey's head gets put on a pike and she gets to go back to the life of a highborn lady that she'd always wanted.

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Know what really sucks?

Next week will be the last time something interesting happens in Daenerys' plotline for the next four years, at the very minimum.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
ASOS has Drogon melting the slaver dude's eyeballs out, nevermind Strong Belwas making GBS threads at Meereen.

If those are out, the series has failed. :colbert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

bigmcgaffney posted:

Joffrey is obviously Patrick Bateman.

God no, Patrick gets away with his crimes. Joffrey is Paul Owen, an insufferable prick who gets killed for it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
And we are all the kindly hobo with a dog.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I'm more of a stabbin' hobo.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Tony Danza Claus posted:

And we are all the kindly hobo with a dog.

We're still alive, so that isn't true. We're the whore who Bateman tells to clean her vagina and then pulls out the coathanger late at night for god knows what.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The hobo survives in the book, Patrick merely blinds him. :eng101:

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The hobo survives in the book, Patrick merely blinds him. :eng101:

And then they have a beautiful reunion! (or is that a different hobo)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Fear not, fellow young-woman-with-issues! The world of ice and tumblr shares your pain!

some mental patient posted:

I hate you, HBO.
SHE DIDN’T EVEN SING
WHERE WAS THE KNIFE TO HER THROAT
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I start fires! posted:

posted:
So I was just hoping for some nice sansan, you know Sansa sings Sandor a song when he holds a knife to her throat and he cries and she touches his cheek. WHAT THE CRAP WAS THAT HBO? AM I ONLY THE ONLY FAN WHO IS SUPER DISSATISFIED WITH THAT SCENE?

BAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW posted:

Come on, guise.

Let’s go after HBO.

Let’s go after D&D.

Let’s demand that deleted scene.

They took our season of SanSan from us. They gave us a still with no scene.

They taunted us.

They have taken Sandor’s lines and scenes with Sansa and given them to Littlefucker.

Let’s demand they give us back the scene they stole from us.

It won’t fix things.

It won’t make the hurt go away.

BUT drat IT, WE SHOULD GET THAT loving SCENE. AFTER EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS lovely FANFIC SERIES, LET’S NOT ALLOW THEM TO TAUNT US WITH A SANSAN SCENE THAT EXISTS BUT WAS KEPT FROM US.

sansan-frustration feel free to call me entitled, I DON’T GIVE A FLYING gently caress

The above captured by Waffle Ho. The next few found by myself:

SANSAN posted:

I UNDERSTAND THAT BOOK!SANDOR AND TV!SANDOR ARE NOT THE SAME PERSON.
BUT.
WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress HE COULDN’T BE AT ALL THREATENING OR ANGSTY OR ANYTHING.
AT LEAST THROW IN A LITTLE SEXUAL TENSION
AT LEAST ON HIS PART
JESUS CHRIST.

:qq:San posted:

Maybe there will be such an abundance of new SanSan fans thanks to this scene that D&D are like “wow, this really IS a ship!!” and make all Sansa’s dreams/unkisses and Sandor’s dialogue to Arya about Sansa REALLY AWESOME!!?? And maybe they’ll like somehow reunite them in a crazy dreamsequence where they makeout have babies and rule the gently caress out of the North together?!?!!?

What I have learned from this harrowing experience is that SanSan fans are Wildcards with even weirder fetishes than fat eunuchs making GBS threads towards a city or dainty young queens making GBS threads and menstruating simultaneously or...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

"Shipping" is the stupidest loving term.

The Mutato posted:

And then they have a beautiful reunion! (or is that a different hobo)

Same hobo! Patrick scares the poo poo out of him by just walking up and hissing the guys name or something. I believe the dog survives as well, but is crippled from Patrick stomping on its spine or something.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

To be fair, "Littlefucker" is a pretty apt name for Petyr :pedo:

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
I have mixed feelings on the Blackwater episode simply because I really thought it felt too small scale. On a possibly related note, I always see people making jokes about the budget of the show in this and other threads. Whats the story behind that?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
^^^Well you know even the lovely Harry Potter movies look like poo poo with bad cgi? Well, cut the budget from 200 million to 60, quadruple the cast, and stretch it to ten hours. That's why the show can't do big battles.

----------

Burn the internet and sow salt in its tubes.

Death to shippers.

Death to tumblr.

Death to deviantart!

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 03:16 on May 29, 2012

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

Christ almighty. San-San shippers make Gendry/Arya shippers look positively restrained and sane. Even...and I shudder as I type this...as pure and wholesome as a Church picnic.

Never thought I'd see the day when the fans would out-GRRM GRRM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
It has a large budget, but ASOIAF is, even with all the advances made since AGOT was written, largely unfilmable at its full scale. So they're constantly doing things like cutting away from battles and never showing anything too expensive.

They weren't even going to do the Blackwater initially. They were going to just do a full episode of Sansa/Cersei receiving news from the walls. Then they managed to beg enough money out of HBO to make what they did, and lo! It was good. Smaller than it could have been if there was an LOTR budget for each season, but good.