Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
I got my first two days off in a row in six months. gently caress if I left the house. Ordered pizza and drank an entire bottle of bourbon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

What did you do with the remaining 47.5 hours?

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

GrAviTy84 posted:

I love wrought and all, but she's fooddumb about a lot of things.

edit: well, at least about two things...

edit 2: Put me in that there left column.

...says the krab apologist.

Far be it from me to disagree with Saint Fergus, but flat leaf is simply the superior parsley.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I'm guessing drunken masturbation. Or quality QVC time. (I'm not hating; it's what I did all weekend)

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bartolimu posted:

Yes. Yes it was. Friday night I had a bunch of beers at a friend's house, along with some grilled ribs they called BBQ. Saturday I took a couple pounds of cheese (Beecher's cheddar, Brie de Meaux, and Tomme de Crayeuse for those curious) and a bottle of 1995 Semillon to an old wine tasting and got to try some great wines, including Robert Mondavi Reserve from the days Robert himself was still in charge and some 11 year old Chateauneuf du Pape. There were only eight of us, but we somehow managed to get a noise complaint called on us. The cops were more apologetic than anything. Sunday I went to another friend's house with some homemade bread and butter pickles and had Icelandic lamb from my favorite sheep dairy covered with rosemary and garlic and grilled to perfection, plus some delicious sides, some more Chateauneuf du Pape and a very special bottle of Hermitage. Dessert was about a half pound of cheesecake doused with Barolo-stewed pears.

I needed Monday to recover. I stayed in and cooked beef bourguignon and played Diablo III all day.

That sounds amazing.

We enjoyed the hot weather.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Wroughtirony posted:

...says the krab apologist.

Far be it from me to disagree with Saint Fergus, but flat leaf is simply the superior parsley.

is that kind of like beef being the superior chicken?

Charmmi
Dec 8, 2008

:trophystare:
My only friend at work put in her 2 week notice today. I told her I am proud of her for standing up for herself. Secretly I am hoping that she is just mad because she was yelled at about some things and when she feels better she will decide not to leave. I don't want to lose my only work friend.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Day 1 of quitting smoking and I am seconds away from caving at every moment of the day.

This sucks. I wish this was the 40's and it was acceptable to smoke everywhere with abandon.

Quitting smoking/getting on a diet simultaneously will prove to be a terrible decision.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Halalelujah posted:

Day 1 of quitting smoking and I am seconds away from caving at every moment of the day.

This sucks. I wish this was the 40's and it was acceptable to smoke everywhere with abandon.

Quitting smoking/getting on a diet simultaneously will prove to be a terrible decision.

It gets easier, I promise. I quit a few years ago and it is so worth it. I've saved over four grand since 2008.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Halalelujah posted:

Just make a cocktail everytime you get a craving for food or a cigarette. Have a manhattan and watch your tummy flatten!

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Mr. Wiggles posted:

Just make a cocktail everytime you get a craving for food or a cigarette. Have a manhattan and watch your tummy flatten!

yeah, the problem, in my experience, with drinking as a replacement for fooding is that the ability to fight off bad food decisions weakens significantly over time. Whereas a nice healthy thing to eat would have staved off hunger for a good bit, 2 hours + 4 manhattans inevitably means an order of carnitas super nachos.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

Mr. Wiggles posted:

With the amount of sins being unchangeable in this world - you should chose a different sin to replace the one that you're giving up...

Now - a 1:1 replacement of cocktails:cigarettes - you will become a drunkard!

I would like to suggest a 1:1 replacement of sex:cigarettes, also the pure amounts of sperm that you're going to expend will work wonders for your weight, while at the same time you can save it, and sell it to ladies in Manhattan to use for beauty products (the last part may not be feasible).

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Smoking the rest of a cigarette butt should be replaced with a tittyfuck from someone with really long and thin breasts, where as smoking a pipe of tobacco should be equated to passive sex with no less than three nubile women, while wearing a rebreather!

Edit: Hope this helps Halal!

Edit the second: also - post pictures

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Smoke more herb, hit on strange women. Good luck, buddy. You always know where to find me for a cocktail.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

GrAviTy84 posted:

is that kind of like beef being the superior chicken?

Beef is superior to chicken

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Also, the 3 times I have had the marrow app at st john, twice had flat parsley

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

pork never goes bad posted:

Beef is superior to chicken

You are twisting my words, sir.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

Industrial revolution has flipped the bitch on evolution.
Just don't twist his tube steak.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

GrAviTy84 posted:

yeah, the problem, in my experience, with drinking as a replacement for fooding is that the ability to fight off bad food decisions weakens significantly over time. Whereas a nice healthy thing to eat would have staved off hunger for a good bit, 2 hours + 4 manhattans inevitably means an order of carnitas super nachos.

Hmmm, yes, this does appear to be why carne asada fries exist.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

GrAviTy84 posted:

You are twisting my words, sir.

Choking your chicken as it were?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

Choking your chicken as it were?

That is one euphemism that makes absolutely no sense to me..

The choking part I understand, however I would suggest not being so heavy handed, but the chicken part?

See - this is not sexy because of the chicken molestation going on

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Kenning posted:

What do you mean possibly the most famous rear end in a top hat? Can you really name off other famous anuses? His is the rear end in a top hat. Full stop.

:911:
The guy who lip-syncs to The Trashmen's Surfin' Bird with his rear end in a top hat in Pink Flamingos (1972).

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

I, too, had my first two-day weekend for the first time in six months. poo poo was glorious, beer and fishing and sleeping in and oh God.

My boss and I are also quitting smoking together this week. Should suck around the office for a good long while. We each have a pack-and-a-half left and weekly deadlines to meet and ridiculously long hours and oh God.

My wife and I are in the process of buying a house and might be moving in in a week and oh God. Not a good time to quit smoking, but when is? Hopefully this "last cigarette" will stay that way.

In a food related note, I made pad thai last night from the GWS wiki recipe. That was fantastic. Bravo, goon-who's-name-I-forgot, and thanks.

Very Strange Things
May 21, 2008

SubG posted:

Kenning posted:

What do you mean possibly the most famous rear end in a top hat? Can you really name off other famous anuses? His is the rear end in a top hat. Full stop.

The guy who lip-syncs to The Trashmen's Surfin' Bird with his rear end in a top hat in Pink Flamingos (1972).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ-p1wGv5rw

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Happy Hat posted:

See - this is sexy because of the chicken molestation going on
Fixed. :fap:

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Vegetable Melange posted:

Smoke more herb, hit on strange women. Good luck, buddy. You always know where to find me for a cocktail.

Got my flirt on in Central Park, it was great.

I don't think it is possible for me to smoke more herb and/or have more cocktails without, you know, ending up as a professional substance person busking in lower manhattan.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Or you could enter my line of work and be a professional substance person who pays rent and taxes.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

I dunno, I kind of like poisoning people's minds rather than their bodies.

Though you are a substance purveyor, not person. Big dif.

King Hotpants
Apr 11, 2005

Clint.
Fucking.
Eastwood.
As someone who "quit" smoking like six times before it finally took:

It is never a good time to quit smoking. Bad poo poo always happens. You just gotta deal with it.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

King Hotpants posted:

As someone who "quit" smoking like six times before it finally took:

It is never a good time to quit smoking. Bad poo poo always happens. You just gotta deal with it.

The patches itched like hell and gave me hosed up dreams, but I was good after only about 2 or 3 weeks using them. It's probably been about 4 years since I quit and I'm glad that I did every single day.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Quitting is easy, done it a dozen times.

E: I have heard some freaky things about sleeping on the patch, might try it for the experience.

NosmoKing
Nov 12, 2004

I have a rifle and a frying pan and I know how to use them
Great, now I've started smoking again, after a nearly 20 year break.

Only smoked around 5 packs since early April, but goddamn if a nicotine buzz isn't like welcoming back an old friend.

I have to stop this poo poo before it starts to be a serious habit again.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Thank you. Saved me the effort.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Vegetable Melange posted:

Quitting is easy, done it a dozen times.

E: I have heard some freaky things about sleeping on the patch, might try it for the experience.

I'm currently uninsured so gently caress going to the doctor for a 'sript, but Chantix (smoking cessation drug) gave me some profoundly hosed up dreams the last time I quit. Watching myself from a wide angle in the ocean uppercutting a full sized blue whale in the face, beating the poo poo out of Puff Daddy. It was really cool. Needlessly violent, but incredibly vivid dreams.

Walk Away
Dec 31, 2009

The patches do the exact same thing. They never really gave me nightmares, but every single dream was so vivid and nuts. I would actually look forward to sleeping just to see the dumb poo poo my mind would come up with.

Bonus points for dirty dreams.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm currently uninsured so gently caress going to the doctor for a 'sript, but Chantix (smoking cessation drug) gave me some profoundly hosed up dreams the last time I quit. Watching myself from a wide angle in the ocean uppercutting a full sized blue whale in the face, beating the poo poo out of Puff Daddy. It was really cool. Needlessly violent, but incredibly vivid dreams.

I was going to go on chantix, but despite my insurance covering it, I'm not going to. I lived for years taking strong malaria meds and every night was a coin toss on whether or not I had a cold-sweat nightmare. That combined with my day job made for an unpleasant life...I would rather deal with cold-turkey anger and frustration than have my nights punish me as much as my days.

Odd how many people I have talked to who took Chantix had similar open-ocean dreams.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chantix was not good for me. At all.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Just suck it up you babies and stop loving doing it.

Or buy a pipe and end up quitting through laziness.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
What's a good place to buy scotch online?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbrCSnKWURw

"are you hungry? have some bats."