Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I'm under the assumption that your bike must be super boring if you need a stereo on it
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio-systems-153/

Boru posted:

As much as I enjoy the rat style, I tend to agree with you a good 5080% of the time. :psyduck:

Looks like there used to be a goldwing under all that fur.

Awesome?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Olde Weird Tip posted:

I'm under the assumption that your bike must be super boring if you need a stereo on it

It's less the bike, more its intended purpose. Ever done a day's worth of interestate? A week's? H-D tourers are made to superslab all day long and I know I need tunes for that, no matter what I am riding.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

frunksock posted:

One of those guys went by my house and the song he was blasting was that Bon Joni 'ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE' song. I just assume he had that one song on infinite repeat.

A couple of us went out to Alice's yesterday and a guy rolled up playing "I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash...but this was his first time at Alice's. THE MARKETING LIES

Also I'd much rather ride up to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo

Or this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgxbCnqCyKA

vorhese
Feb 16, 2002

brains for breakfast brains for brunch
Let me focus my rage.

These guys aren't usually a problem

It's these guys... And Oakland is full of em, begging for attention

vorhese fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 30, 2012

Silver
May 12, 2001

Suzuki lover number one!

frunksock posted:

One of those guys went by my house and the song he was blasting was that Bon Joni 'ON A STEEL HORSE I RIDE' song. I just assume he had that one song on infinite repeat.

This guy sounds rad as hell tbh.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

vorhese posted:

It's these guys...

Shenanigans, those don't get rode.

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I could do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GiHCL4OlUg&t=0m18s

frunksock
Feb 21, 2002

Z3n posted:

A couple of us went out to Alice's yesterday and a guy rolled up playing "I've Been Everywhere" by Johnny Cash...but this was his first time at Alice's. THE MARKETING LIES
Maybe Alice's was the last place he'd never been to.

quote:

Also I'd much rather ride up to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_7C0QGkiVo
When I first moved here in 2006 and found Alice's, I got excited and thought maybe it was eponymous until wikipedia set me straight. Also, I've seen more amazing bikes and cars at that gas station across the street than I've seen in the rest of my life combined.

Silver posted:

This guy sounds rad as hell tbh.
It was you, wasn't it!

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Put some gear on, you goddamn squid <:mad:>

[e] hah, I didn't even realize who that was. I just saw the GQ logo and figured eh, it's another one of their effete manboy models. drat.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 30, 2012

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004
Welp, it was fun while it lasted.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Does that little gently caress have to ruin everything? God damnit.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait til he dumps it, tears up his little snakeskin jacket or whatever and swears off motorcycles forever.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I bet that hair would pass the SNELL test.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:
Once again it's time to cash in the empties from your 3-day bender and head to Wal-Mart for your Ride On Freedom T, 2012 edition. Still just north of a fiver, still better smellin' than that Molly Hatchet '79 tour shirt you've had on for a week, and still featuring the absolute inverse of everything CA holds dear about motorcycling. So stop pumping iron and start pumping irony!*

*With apologies to Robert Plant, who in turn owes everyone an apology for that line.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I bet Bieber is actually a serious rider, hangs out with Keith Code, does track days all the time and wears Dainese 1 pieces.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I bet Bieber is actually a serious rider, hangs out with Keith Code, does track days all the time and wears Dainese 1 pieces.

I had no idea what you guys were on about until the doctor here mentioned it was Bieber. How could you even tell that was him?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

hayden. posted:

I had no idea what you guys were on about until the doctor here mentioned it was Bieber. How could you even tell that was him?

How could you not? He's so dreamy. :swoon:

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Shimrod posted:

Does that little gently caress have to ruin everything? God damnit.

Don't talk about the Biebs that way. He's hard now, brah. http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/29/justin-bieber-battery-paparazzo-prosecutors/

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fingerpori: the greatest comic strip nobody outside of Finland has ever heard of.

Backov
Mar 28, 2010

hayden. posted:

Why is it douchey for people to do what they enjoy? Who cares if they like making terrible looking bikes, it's not like they're causing any harm to anyone.

That is the best thing ever. I now have to build something similar.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

gently caress it, I don't like motorcycles anymore.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Y'know I wanna hate the guy and all, but he has really good taste in bikes cars and women. He's got like an 848, 430, a Fisker, CTSV, Selena...

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The CTS-V is all carbon fiber'd out and says BATMOBILE on the back, I'm pretty sure he crashed the Ferrari, and Selena Gomez is like 18 years old, man.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

The CTS-V is all carbon fiber'd out and says BATMOBILE on the back, I'm pretty sure he crashed the Ferrari, and Selena Gomez is like 18 years old, man.

That makes it legal! :science:

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Sagebrush posted:

Selena Gomez is like 18 years old, man.

how do you know Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester isn't younger than that?

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I'm going to denounce Bieber's riding, then quietly adapt his riding fashion.

Sagebrush posted:

Fingerpori: the greatest comic strip nobody outside of Finland has ever heard of.

Haha that's brilliant.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Wit_sponge posted:

how do you know Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester isn't younger than that?

Does an 18 year old own old beemers and fix up an upright piano by hand? I think not.

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

KARMA! posted:

Does an 18 year old own old beemers and fix up an upright piano by hand? I think not.

I think you will find age is just a social construct, my friend.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

Shenanigans. Finns wouldn't suggest going to museums, they'd suggest getting blackout drunk, fighting and then committing suicide.

I do like the final panel though.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Crossposting from D&D

:unsmigghh: OPEN THE BLOOD GATES AND LET THEM DIE :unsmigghh:

Backov
Mar 28, 2010
Can we please keep politics out of this sweet thread?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Backov posted:

I just find it funny and pathetic?

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK

Backov posted:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

:worship:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Post politics cleverly disguised as cycle pictures.

The clue is in the model name, and I have to spoil that clue since it was difficult to GIS up a blue/white one where it was clearer. That black outline text gets a really hard time from JPEG compression.

Saga
Aug 17, 2009
What, tire choice or GS v GSX?

The top one is presumably from the US, going by the reflectors?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Saga posted:

The top one is presumably from the US, going by the reflectors?

And the 700cc displacement :eng101:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

700 vs 750 cc. The original was 750, but it was stroked down to 700 to conform to US import tariffs. HD bailouts! :argh: edit: well done Bucephalus.

PS are you still on for Spain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Looks like there used to be a goldwing under all that fur.

Awesome?

Ayup. From my favorite site to be horrified/amazed by: http://www.ratbike.org/

I . . . just can't look away . . . :staredog:

Yeah, that's a '46 Indian Chief. It's like playing a tragic, rusty game of I-Spy, trying to spot things on this bike. Can you find the toy plane, anti-gremlin bell, the hair comb, AND the vintage oil can? :v: