Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ungrateful Dead posted:

So I had an interesting thought the other day. Do you think Catherine falls into Megami Tensei's cannon? More specifically Persona.

I mean think about it, both Persona 3 and Catherine revolve around climbing a tower that only appears at night. Not to mention Vincent did make a cameo in P3P, even if it was just an advertisement plug. Could it be assumed that Persona 3 and Catherine take place in the same universe at roughly the same time?

Not a chance
Seeing as Vincent lives in space and takes a rocket ship to another city and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanov
Sep 19, 2005

sup space lol

Technique posted:

DS2 does a better job of being Evangelion than Evangelion itself does, though.
Oh, THAT'S why I can't play it.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Technique posted:

DS2 does a better job of being Evangelion than Evangelion itself does, though.

I'm pretty sure everything (and everyone) going absolutely stir-fried crazy in the home stretch is part of the Evangelion Experience, and this is something that does not occur in DS2, so no.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
If anyone wants Digital Devil Saga sealed in the deluxe box, I've got one up on ebay now. To be less of a spammer I'll not link it, but you can find it if you want it. Full disclosure: yes I am trying to get a lot of money out of it. I priced the buy-it-now based on some recent buy-it-now finishes I saw before listing.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet
They were reprinted a couple years back and run for about $25 new. What's in the Deluxe box that people would pay four times that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Justice posted:

They were reprinted a couple years back and run for about $25 new. What's in the Deluxe box that people would pay four times that?

It's DELUXE and you know how collectors are.

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Len posted:

It's DELUXE and you know how collectors are.

Someone is selling the deluxe box by itself for $12 on ebay, seems like you could just fake it for a fraction of the price. I guess it came with a soundtrack sampler too? But you could buy the full soundtrack for BOTH games for under $40.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Speaking of the Devil Saga games I just finally got around to starting 2 today. Are there any parts where the game says "gently caress you" and takes my characters away forcing unused party members on me? I've just been rocking Serph/Argilla/Gale but I just got the next two members.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Len posted:

Speaking of the Devil Saga games I just finally got around to starting 2 today. Are there any parts where the game says "gently caress you" and takes my characters away forcing unused party members on me? I've just been rocking Serph/Argilla/Gale but I just got the next two members.

Yes. In fact, the entire game is like a non-stop revolving door for your party. Gale and Cielo are gonna be your safest bets.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Justice posted:

There's nothing special in the Deluxe Box. It's the box itself that's Deluxe.

I'm not making GBS threads you here. I have the thing, and on the back under Special Deluxe Box Set Includes: it says:
  • Collector's art box for Digital Devil Saga and Digital Saga 2 (DDS2 coming Summer 2005-not included)
  • Full color 40-page manual
  • Official Soundtrack CD featuring 30+ tracks from the game!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

TurnipFritter posted:

Yes. In fact, the entire game is like a non-stop revolving door for your party. Gale and Cielo are gonna be your safest bets.

drat. I've bought so many nice things for Argilla already.

Edit: Does anyone know if there's a complete beastiary anywhere? The one on gamefaqs doesn't have some enemies listed.

Len fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 29, 2012

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Regarding selling DDS, I'm not really sure why people pay 100 bucks for it either, but it's probably due to the fact that it's factory sealed. Opened copies, even ones where the game is sealed but the box isn't, sell for significantly less.

I'm not gonna try and understand the mind of sealed collectors, but I'm happy to take their money if they want to give it to me, although so far no one has. Most the action on an auction is in like the last hour anyway though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
One thing I've always wondered about P3/P4, but do S. Link points stack? Like if you talk to a given Link, and they would level up no matter what you do, but say later on you invite them to lunch for a few more points, will those points carry over for the next level up? Or would they be wasted, since they were going to level up anyway?

I kind of just did whatever in P3 and it worked out fine, but I may do another run in P4 if I like it enough (so far it's pretty cool).

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

One thing I've always wondered about P3/P4, but do S. Link points stack? Like if you talk to a given Link, and they would level up no matter what you do, but say later on you invite them to lunch for a few more points, will those points carry over for the next level up? Or would they be wasted, since they were going to level up anyway?

I kind of just did whatever in P3 and it worked out fine, but I may do another run in P4 if I like it enough (so far it's pretty cool).

It's wasted, so if you know for sure they are about to level up take someone else out to lunch.

Also you can save the next playthrough for October when Persona 4 Golden comes out :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

http://andriasang.com/con173/megaten4_3ds/

Welp!

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Give me one more big title Nintendo and I will gladly buy your 3D gimmick handheld. You're almost there!

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Holy poo poo yes.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Holy poo poo, let's do this. :getin:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

No! gently caress you Atlus! I don't WANT a 3DS! I'm not gonna get just for... for... god drat it, i can't afford this poo poo, Atlus. :sigh: I'm gonna have to get a 3DS...

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I am F5ing all the scan websites so hard right now.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Sweet. I hope we get a USA release for this and Soul Hackers confirmed soon. The 3DS needs more Atlus games.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Dehry posted:

Sweet. I hope we get a USA release for this and Soul Hackers confirmed soon. The 3DS needs more Atlus games.

And then maybe we'll get an EU release a few years after that again. :allears:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I was really not expecting to get a 3DS before a Vita. This is a tipping point.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kinda a bummer that it's not a a "real" console so I can play on a large TV instead of a portable but either way SMT4 it better than no SMT4 so bring it on.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Hopefully SMT4 will allow me to date the demons in my party in order to improve their combat performance.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

I was really not expecting to get a 3DS before a Vita. This is a tipping point.

Persona 3DS is still out there as a future title.

Ungrateful Dead
May 13, 2012

Knocking at Paranoia's Poision Door

DAMMIT ATLUS
Stop taking all my cash, I need that to EAT D:<

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Wait, what the gently caress was Strange Journey then? Another spinoff? An If... equivalent?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

^^^ Who the gently caress cares? It was an unnumbered entry in the series.

Does anyone else find the close proximity of the Atlus 3DS game announcements, and presumably their releases, odd?

Snowcow
Oct 17, 2007

The domain that was linked in the andriasang article was registered Kadokawa Digix, who don't seem to have anything to do with Atlus from what I can see.

Snowcow fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 30, 2012

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

It's something they're doing nowadays, apparently. They released Devil Survivor 2 and Overclocked within like a week of each other, and are releasing P2EP and P4G within a month of each other.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

^^Yeah but those were for different systems.

Snowcow posted:

The domain that was linked in the andriasang article was registered Kadokawa Digix, who don't seem to have anything to do with Atlus from what I cant see.

There's some reputable people on Neogaf that have confirmed the news' veracity.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Rinkles posted:

^^^ Who the gently caress cares? It was an unnumbered entry in the series.

Does anyone else find the close proximity of the Atlus 3DS game announcements, and presumably their releases, odd?

E3.

Either Atlus USA will be having a field day announcing localizations of those games or we are getting something even bigger there.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Atlus, I DON'T want a 3DS, damnit. Can't you at least port it or something. :mad:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Krad posted:

Atlus, I DON'T want a 3DS, damnit. Can't you at least port it or something. :mad:

Maybe they will port them to PC, and then start releasing all SMTs on PC from now on. :allears: Maybe on Steam, too.

Cheap Diner Coffee
Aug 7, 2010

Philistine.
I suppose I should have seen this coming after Strange Journey, but I placed my bets on the Vita for new handheld Megaten releases outside of Devil Survivor.

:negative:

edit: Though I guess the fact that all of the PSP games were ports should have been another major hint.

Cheap Diner Coffee fucked around with this message at 02:28 on May 30, 2012

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
3DS is selling 7 to 1 over Vita. There is a higher install base on that system. The 3D part of the 3DS is a gimmick, but it also has increased graphical power. Atlus hasn't made use of it other than a fancy 3D intro for DS:OC and Nintendo doesn't even require 3DS games to have 3D after their turnaround last year.

At least the 3DS is cheaper than the Vita. Those of us wanting Persona 4 the golden are going to have to spend $300 just to get the game and console.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Dehry posted:

3DS is selling 7 to 1 over Vita. There is a higher install base on that system. The 3D part of the 3DS is a gimmick, but it also has increased graphical power. Atlus hasn't made use of it other than a fancy 3D intro for DS:OC and Nintendo doesn't even require 3DS games to have 3D after their turnaround last year.

At least the 3DS is cheaper than the Vita. Those of us wanting Persona 4 the golden are going to have to spend $300 just to get the game and console.

Don't forget the memory card :v:

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.

Dehry posted:

Yeah but I already got rid of my 3DS because there were no new games. Guess I'll be missing this one unless Nintendo really knocks it out of the park at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Umph.