Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'd play the gently caress out of Pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sixide
Oct 25, 2004
Yes, SS13 has an interface that makes me want to run away in terror. Probably because I grew up on Sierra adventures, prompt interfaces make near perfect sense to me for games like that.

Basically:

nucleicmaxid posted:

I'd play the gently caress out of Pressure.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I played the early alpha of Pressure briefly a while back when Broseidon showed it to me. It definitely has some promise.

Also it really says a lot that a text based game has a better interface than a graphical one. :v:

Sair
May 11, 2007

I'd definitely give Pressure a look.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Meanwhile, on Wayfar:

quote:

[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "please tell us more about your DYNAMIC BUILDING system that you keep mentioning"
[corenet] Source says, "so far jut help colonies for dumb brothers like me"
[corenet] Source says, "how do i get civilians lol"
[corenet] Quervo says, "build a sector center"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "or just throw DYNAMIC BUILDING system into whatever you type occasionally"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Cheech, it is ALMOST AS COMPLEX AS WEATHER"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Ok, so get this"
[corenet] Broseidon asks, "You know the blueprint system???"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "yes"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "watch this it's gonna be amazing"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "gently caress you internet sarcasm"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Basically it does that... BUT RATHER THAN PUTTING IT IN AN $AREA IT PUTS IT IN A BUILDING OBJECT"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "everybody read what broseidon is saying"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "holy poo poo"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "wow"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "you've shattered my fuckin mind"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Game of the year already"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "where did you get that idea"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "you son of a bitch"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "(Ok, it is actually slightly more complex than that!!!)"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "make a piratepad about it"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "GET THIS"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "IT ALSO PICKS DIFFERENT ROOM PARENTS"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "you're describing how wayfar alreadys works OOH MY GOD I HATE YOU"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "AND WILL POPULATE IT WITH !!!!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~RANDOM~~~~~~~!!!!!!! ITEMS"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "99.9% of broseidons moo work is filling out piratepads"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Also I already made a piratepad about it. :("
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "the rest is idlin"
[corenet] Tigcore says, "wow, this sounds amazing"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "i'm going to murder you"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "you described exactly how my $blueprint works you fez hat"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "(it's a good way to do it)"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "how did you not steal this code"
[corenet] Broseidon says, "Except for mine is 100 percent more unstable and insane."
[corenet] Corepadre says, "i gave you so many chances"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "now i'm gonna have to eventually open source it"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "cuz i wanted you to have the concept"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "-r everything"
[corenet] scruffy Eazy says, "you would have anyway"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "I TRY TO GIVE IT TO YOU"
[corenet] scruffy Eazy says, "I don't think things are very interesting if you keep it all secret"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "BUT THEN LATER YOU WANT IT AGAIN WITHOUT TAKING IT"
[corenet] Source asks, "retean u here?"
[corenet] Corepadre says, "right plus we're not doing anything loving new up here, if somebody is thinkin about breaking ground with text games i have: bad news"
chat lollin
[corenet] Gilgamesh says, "lollin"
[corenet] scruffy Eazy says, "give him a break hawg, he's a bewildered 18-19 year old child"
[corenet] scruffy Eazy says, "r 17"
[corenet] scruffy Eazy says, "idk"
[corenet] CheechLizorb says, "u r pushin boundary of moo "

jim bob
Apr 7, 2009

Love is over.
I would play Pressure.
I want to lock maintenance workers who are fixing a huge water leak inside the room and drown them. help my fellow underwater coworkers maintain peace and prosperity in our underwater utopia.

I'm more excited with all the splinter hellmoos though. Can't wait to see all the different changes between them.

OtspIII
Sep 22, 2002

If you get Pressure hosted again I'll totally hang out and guide people through adding on to the poo poo I already wrote for it. I actually got around to playing SS13 recently, so I'll have a slightly clearer view of what you're trying to accomplish with it now.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I also tried getting back into SS13 recently and while I had some fun, jesus christ, the UI is still an amazing clusterfuck and the lag is still terrible.

MUD UIs tend to irritate me as well, because years of playing IF have conditioned me to expect all text interfaces to behave like the Inform Library Parser and most MUD parsers are poo poo in comparison, but even the worst MUD parser is still leagues better than SS13.

What I am saying here is that you need to get Pressure running so that I can drown in that rather than being sucked into the reactor in SS13.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Pressure sounds cool, I'd certainly play it at the least; the concept (HellCore powered SS13ish game) is a good one. I could potentially help on building or stuff like that as well, but I'd have to see a bit more before committing to anything, of course :)

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I'll be able to get started working again in a couple days, since there still seems to be interest.

No idea if the game itself is still running (it was on HATE's server), but I know a couple of dudes have recent backups and I can squeeze some hosting out if my rear end from somewhere, I'm sure. Just hope some if the dudes that had been in board with it aren't too busy with other stuff now.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
Make me a prog and I promise you I won't do anything to help out at all and just idle all day.

You need me on the team AND YOU KNOW IT.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
text based SS13 sounds incredible.

-e- I've worked on a commercial mud (Dragonrealms) and would be willing to help out.

Leif. fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 30, 2012

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
Anyone here playing Armageddon?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

ARACHNOTRON posted:

Make me a prog and I promise you I won't do anything to help out at all and just idle all day.

You need me on the team AND YOU KNOW IT.

Whoa there buddy, you're overqualified for this job, we'll just hire a high school dropout.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Globofglob posted:

Anyone here playing Armageddon?

Yep. Feel free to PM or add me to AIM or whatever.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Anyone who was interested in helping with Pressure, go ahead and pop in to #pressure on synirc.

e: channel is very slow right now but once I get a hold of pressure.db again things will pick up. Come on in so I know what kind of help I'm looking at.

Funkmaster General fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 31, 2012

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

HATE seems down (more DDOSing?), but it may just be me. Can anyone confirm?

Dewp
Sep 3, 2009

satisfaction

Amante posted:

HATE seems down (more DDOSing?), but it may just be me. Can anyone confirm?

Yeah it's still down as of 9 a.m. U.S. Central. My bet would also be on DDOS since there didn't seem to be any announcements. Not sure why anyone would DDOS a text game but to each their own.

Dewp fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 31, 2012

Highblood
May 20, 2012

Let's talk about tactics.

Dewp posted:

Yeah it's still down as of 9 a.m. U.S. Central. My bet would also be on DDOS since there didn't seem to be any announcements. Not sure why anyone would DDOS a text game but to each their own.

Well, knowing some of the people who were complaining the game was dying it wouldn't surprise me that much. I knew something like this would happen, they wanted the game to die to prove their point but they saw it wasn't actually dying so they'd try to kill it themselves.

I'm sure it's something like that. In the end it's not going to change much since it's only temporary.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Uh pretty much all the people who left recently just left, they don't want to take down the game with them as far as I know.

Dewp
Sep 3, 2009

satisfaction

Highblood posted:

Well, knowing some of the people who were complaining the game was dying it wouldn't surprise me that much. I knew something like this would happen, they wanted the game to die to prove their point but they saw it wasn't actually dying so they'd try to kill it themselves.

I'm sure it's something like that. In the end it's not going to change much since it's only temporary.

Nah, turns out we were just betting on the worst. This is all a product of Mada working on the servers. There were DDOS attacks on the servers semi-recently but this isn't one of them.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Down again. More "not DDOS", I suppose (I'm a bit skeptical).

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Tell us more about how in your mind "hatemoo is down" immediately translates to "it was DDOSed by people who don't like Mada". Seriously, explain the logical connection here :allears:

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

-Troika- posted:

Tell us more about how in your mind "hatemoo is down" immediately translates to "it was DDOSed by people who don't like Mada". Seriously, explain the logical connection here :allears:

Shortly after Mada sent a bunch of incompetents to spam or DOS or whatever they thought they were doing an IRC server, Dord(Creator) claimed H:ATE was being DDOS'd according to some post somewhere. Since the people who dislike the dramas are currently in two groups(those who are never logging in again, and those who log in and complain and hope Mada will unfuck his sleep deprived brain) I'm not sure who's supposed to be responsible but there you go, it's A Thing That Is Claimed. I'm sure it's not at all bullshit.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

-Troika- posted:

Because it has been DDOS'd several times lately, and two unannounced downtimes of 8+ hours doesn't seem like business as usual.

Edit: As we speak, we're entering into unannounced sudden downtime #3. Let's see if this one lasts 12+ hours or not.

Amante fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 2, 2012

Thumbs Up Dude
Aug 25, 2006

Amante posted:

Because it has been DDOS'd several times lately, and two unannounced downtimes of 8+ hours doesn't seem like business as usual.

Edit: As we speak, we're entering into unannounced sudden downtime #3. Let's see if this one lasts 12+ hours or not.

This downtime wasn't a random crash like the last 2 times though, Mada actually shut the server down.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Meanwhile on wayfar
code:
CheechLizorb steps up to a HateMOO simulator.
[*         ] 2152 points! You make a positive contribution to the text society.
[|*        ] 4532 points! You break into a place.
[||*       ] 49000 points! An admin loses his poo poo because of your shenanigans and bans 15 unrelated people.
[|||*      ] 4965 points! You gain a raw in dodge.
[||||*     ] 3190 points! You update your clone.
[|||||*    ] 46062 points! Genmac tells you your story was cool and he calls you bro.
[||||||*   ] 3721 points! Someone votes for your post to *comedy.
[|||||||*  ] -1239 points! You are tricked in some elaborate scheme by another player into giving up something precious. Your dignity.
[||||||||* ] 4909 points! You gain a raw in fists.
[|||||||||*] 40626 points! You exploit a thing for profit.
CheechLizorb finishes playing a HateMOO simulator and looks around lounge.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Meanwhile coming soon to wayfar
Alastorbot. markov bot filled with kharn vs alastor pastebin joy

quote:

alastorbot says, "my mouth now. also the poo poo you say. 'lol' 'read $ on *clp' 'proof'. you are taking the group effort out of hatemoo and making me out to be a huge lovely min."
alastorbot says, "as suggesting to do a thing. once again read the poo poo went down and how you responded to him for sure). was. and if you wanna view it that way. yeah being huffy about criticism is not very important at this point."
prod alast
alastorbot says, "you say something that hurts eia's feelings should you point to chatnet and said 'but they said i wasn't hurting eia's feelings' do you think she did."
alastorbot says, "make dex go quit?. gently caress off because i needed some more info from you earlier."
alastorbot says, "refuse to acknowledge dudes and their issues with our moo then you are expecting us to like you said all i did was go along with dex and it's a legitimate problem, go comfort him and he said so and you and shakur stand there steadfastly looking in the creation of starman has said poo poo so far."

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Today in the "HATE isn't dead, I swear!" comedy cavalcade: Mada gives Morgan an unsimmable laser whip that does nearly unsoakable laser damage! With only 10-12 on during peak at max in this totally not dead game, barely anyone is around to even give a poo poo! :D

Edit: Three people on (one perma afk). RIP.

Amante fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jun 8, 2012

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Heh, and when I suggested the lightripper years ago on gilmoo it got marked as retarded. Even my *cusotm post for a toy lightripper was also marked retarded :(

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
All my *ideas posts and talking to devs about gimmick whips were branded as stupid. Probably for good reason. I remember wanting to give 4 million hellbux for a custom lovecraftian living whip that did wasting damage. They laughed at me.

Then they gave someone else a custom weapon that was even stupider and horribly overpowered for free. And those were better Hellmoo days. I'm not surprised to see Mada doing the same today when hellmoo is a joke that just needs to die off already.

Thumbs Up Dude
Aug 25, 2006
I got IP range banned from H:ATE for insulting WKD, yay!

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Amante posted:

Today in the "HATE isn't dead, I swear!" comedy cavalcade: Mada gives Morgan an unsimmable laser whip that does nearly unsoakable laser damage! With only 10-12 on during peak at max in this totally not dead game, barely anyone is around to even give a poo poo! :D

My hatejargon is rusty, what's "unsimmable"?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

ToxicFrog posted:

My hatejargon is rusty, what's "unsimmable"?

The crafting recipe can't be discovered by using a research simulator.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Thumbs Up Dude posted:

I got IP range banned from H:ATE for insulting WKD, yay!
Seriously? Who were you?

Edit: Ooh, I just got banned too! In direct response to nothing, of course, as I never broke a single posted rule. But I was among the MANY people openly critical of Mada's recent string of favoritism, hypocrisy, and overall terrible decisions (and if that's bannable, he's about to be looking at a empty game... well, emptier). The funny thing is that I've made more constructive *ideas and *gr posts than anyone else over the last month or so. But hey, petty tyrants will do what petty tyrants do.

R.I.P. HATE. You were fun before the drug addicts and blinds ran poo poo into the ground.

Amante fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jun 9, 2012

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010
Is anyone else unable to properly connect to Wayfar? I tried in both the flash client and MUSHclient but with the flash client it just says
code:
Loading... OK!
Connecting to Wayfar 1444... connected!
and then nothing else. If I entering any commands it just disconnects. MUSHclient doesn't even seem to get that far with the server, it just sits there and does sweet gently caress all.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
I can't connect to Wayfar either.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!
Aphtonites' rogue code crashed the moo.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Man I have been on a fuckin roll. I stole all of the spaceships and vehicles at the space whizzards assembly plant south of where I live and then today I burned their HQ to the ground with a plasma torch.

Mabye not the most sophisticated grif, but then this game IS in alpha.

e: [corenet] Aphteroid says, "i swear on my 15 ingrown nipples that i'm going to drop a dick-diffracting SCUD missile on everything you value"

This is after I discovered a plasma torch worked on all sorts of other things, like the bar stools in the station, and the shuttle terminal, and the colony dispatch terminal, and the hastastrophe plaque...

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There is a flashing altimeter here, that you can look at.
WHUMP! The drop pod lands on the planet surface.
BANG! The drop pod self deconstructs, leaving you on the surface. A small speaker box squawks "Good luck, col-" before shorting out.
hot oasis (10, 8) sector: sector 62-SX (4, 8) [0% explored]

Biome: oasis desert biome
.x.xx..x.x.x.x*#*#++++ hot oasis
.x.x.x.xx-x-x-*#*#++++
.x.x.x.x.x.x.x*#*#++++ Where the ground has eroded metallic needle structures
.x.x.x.....x.x*#*#++++ are exposed.
.x.x.x.....x.x*#++++++ A few plants grow here.
.x.x.x.-.-().-*#++++++ Where the ground has eroded, inert metal is exposed.
x-.x.x.-.-x-x-*#++++++ This area is suffused with thermal energy.
x-.x.x.x.x.x*#*#++++++ There is a puddle of water here.
.x.x.x.x.xx.*#*#++++++ This area radiates solar warmth.
x-x..x.x.x.x*#*#++++++ A range of sand dunes has accumulated here.
*#x-.x.xx-.x*#*#++++++ There is a copse of trees growing here.
Delicate net-like structures are amongst the earth.

Popbob and martinuzz are standing here.
You see a cavern entry shaft, a planetary cruiser (ni-86886), and a planetary interdictor (yp-42538) called 'Urist' here.
[ Exits: north south east west northeast northwest southeast southwest ]

hot droppa

• Locked thread