Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brillig
Oct 21, 2008

You know the world isn't fair at all. Titles aren't fairly distributed either. In time you'll learn my son. -2Bit
Do any of our Pet Island cat people have any recommendations about cleaning products for cat barf on carpet? I've been using Woolite carpet cleaner, but I feel somewhat dissatisfied by it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhgtrillian
Jan 23, 2004

DOGS IN SPACE

Brillig posted:

Do any of our Pet Island cat people have any recommendations about cleaning products for cat barf on carpet? I've been using Woolite carpet cleaner, but I feel somewhat dissatisfied by it.

As far as cleaners you spray and wipe, I really like Folex. I also highly recommend the Bissell Little Green Machine. Don't get the Spot Bot. We had that one first and it kind of sucked and broke. We just have the standard original one. There are also some other kind like the Bissell ProHeat that heats the water, but we were worried it would be something else to break. We have 5 cats, one who is just a barfer (he's been checked for IBS, and other things with no diagnosis) and the other who barfs hairballs quite frequently, so we break this thing out a lot.

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150919756449788&set=a.10150161068679788.301338.200934939787&type=1&theater
Lookit this little cutie that I wanna adopt but can't!

I dreamt that my mom had a bunch of kittens in her basement and I stole five of the cutest ones. :)

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Fraction posted:

Sometimes I wonder how it is that you have a dog and now work around dogs and don't know basic stuff :v:

It's super fun to rile your dog up by growling and shaking the toy around yourself. Dogs are easily amused.

Well that's why I ask, isn't it? So I know the basic stuff. Gotta learn it all some how! :mad:

You gotta understand that I've never owned a dog in my life. So stuff that most people think as 'basic' is brand new stuff to me.

Although I'm now a Master in dealing with all sorts of Poops. :v:

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

Bash Ironfist posted:

Although I'm now a Master in dealing with all sorts of Poops. :v:

Important resume-building skills! Consider branching out into bird, cat, and ferret poops eventually to widen your expertise.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

OMG you guys. :3:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

I think I need five of those.....right now.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I would be all over a GSD thread (maybe lump the Belgian Shepherds in there too?). There's already a corgi thread, it's only fair. :colbert:

Stregone
Sep 1, 2006
Here's a short clip of shelby getting 'zoomies' in the water. It didnt' really show up, but she digs at the water bites it and then zooms around. It didn't help that she kept getting tangled up in the leash, lol.

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=4124101179702

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.

Stregone posted:

Here's a short clip of shelby getting 'zoomies' in the water. It didnt' really show up, but she digs at the water bites it and then zooms around. It didn't help that she kept getting tangled up in the leash, lol.

She looks to be having a grand old time. My Healy gets ridiculous 'zoomies' every time she swims. I was going to bike to a pond today, but developed a nasty headache, so the dogs have to get by with a little less exercise today.

Riiseli fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 30, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Stregone posted:

No you see GSD are guard dogs/police dogs and this video simply shows Shelby being the vicious attack dog all GSD are by attacking the water. :goonsay:

Shelby is very pretty, wanna pet those ears! :3:

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Stregone posted:

Awww Shelby :3: She's so pretty!

Bash Ironfist posted:

No you see GSD are guard dogs/police dogs and ... vicious attack dog[s] :goonsay:

I'll see if I can get my P&S to take video of the Cool Rock game Sigma plays. He finds a largish rock, softball size or bigger, and digs at it, sometimes flinging it behind him. I have to say, "I like that cool rock!" or "Gimme that rock!" Sometimes I step on it (bad idea in sandals) which makes Siggy yelp and bark and dig even faster. He's so crazy :3: Delta used to just watch him but she taught herself to like this game. I think because we make such a fuss over Sig when he's playing with a rock, she wanted attention too.

But yes, vicious attack dogs. Yes.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
We need another herding thread so I can post a thousand pics of Spice. He's really slimmed down and is much more inclined to walk and romp around than he was when he was a CollieWhale.

We may take him to do a herding instinct test at the PacNW collie club's next meetup, so I need a venue for posting herding pics and I will make the drat thread myself if I have to.

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

DenialTwist posted:

Look how sad and forlorn she is:

I wanna kiss that nose so bad. :3:

Sometimes I forget how many GSD people there are here. You all do need either a GSD or another herding thread and post all of your drat dogs constantly since I don't have one yet. :argh:

Same goes for you, Foxy, I love collies, too! :argh:

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Captain Foxy posted:

We need another herding thread so I can post a thousand pics of Spice. He's really slimmed down and is much more inclined to walk and romp around than he was when he was a CollieWhale.

We may take him to do a herding instinct test at the PacNW collie club's next meetup, so I need a venue for posting herding pics and I will make the drat thread myself if I have to.

Yes we need more Spice pictures! (and Keeper because he's fukkin cute).

I would LOVE to do a herding instinct test with Delta. She can monitor the cat like its nobody's business. I bet she would love to stare at some sheep.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cross posting from the giant dogs thread:

Yes, that's a twin mattress. The whole drat thing cost less than any decent dane-sized bed I could find on the market. I put some links up over in the big dog thread as far as the waterproof layer and the zip cover go, because I had a pain finding ones that would work and I figure I'd save someone else the trouble if there's someone else in need of a nice, soft bed for a big dumb dog.

I tried to move Balen off it about ten minutes ago. He is literally dead weight over there. He's clearly not dead because he's breathing and looking at me and such, but I don't think I could get him off that thing if there was a drat fire right now.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Cross posting from the giant dogs thread:

Yes, that's a twin mattress. The whole drat thing cost less than any decent dane-sized bed I could find on the market. I put some links up over in the big dog thread as far as the waterproof layer and the zip cover go, because I had a pain finding ones that would work and I figure I'd save someone else the trouble if there's someone else in need of a nice, soft bed for a big dumb dog.

I tried to move Balen off it about ten minutes ago. He is literally dead weight over there. He's clearly not dead because he's breathing and looking at me and such, but I don't think I could get him off that thing if there was a drat fire right now.

Balen is awesome. As an owner of a BT, I can't imagine owning a dog that I couldn't move. Sometimes I'll just pick up Feldman and smush my face against his face because I can.

Although I bet having Balen is like having a giant furry blanket. :3:

Deep Thoreau fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 31, 2012

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Captain Foxy posted:

Spiiiicccceeeeee piiiiiiiccccccsssssss! STAT!

Nori went for his very first vet appointment today. He literally slept through most of it, let everyone fuss over him, did not make any noise during his fecal, temp taking and the actual shots and he thoroughly enjoyed his de-worming.

The only downside was the morbidly obese corgi and seriously prey driven Dobe that kept lunging at some kittens in the adoption cage in the waiting room. And the Dobe's owner kept doing that stupid Cesar Millan 'TSST' at the dog. Who...was not reacting.

Waiting rooms are so dull

*YAWN* soooo boorrrrrinnnggg

His ears are trying so hard to stand up....

Also, I know 'sit' now.

And Tonka knows 'down'

Prevailing opinion from the vet staff is that Nori looks like a husky/GSD and the he will be incredibly enormous as an adult. Joy!

Edit: wrong pic

TVs Ian fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 31, 2012

mickeymickey
Sep 13, 2004
punch me, i'm irish
My mom's dog Max is a GSD/husky mix and he weighs around 100 lbs! Congratulations on your new giant dog!

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:psyduck:

The thought of having dogs so big that the best sized bed for them is a goddamn mattress is just mind boggling to me. Won't your house just look really odd with a mattress just parked in the room though?

TVs Ian posted:

His ears are trying so hard to stand up....

Also, I know 'sit' now.

I want this puppy. He is seriously adorable.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Balen is awesome. As an owner of a BT, I can't imagine owning a dog that I couldn't move. Sometimes I'll just pick up Feldman and smush my face against his face because I can.

Although I bet having Balen is like having a giant furry blanket. :3:

Pretty much. I can pick Balen up if there's an emergency or something (and have in the past when he's decided to be a giant loving rear end and not want to get in the drat car when it's time to go :argh: ) but I just prefer not to because god drat that is a lot of dog to lift and it's easy to hurt them if you grab wrong and if he squirms away and lands on a leg wrong, well, that's probably a broken bone and just. yeah.

It's easier to just kinda poke them incessantly until they get up and do what they're told than forcefully pick them up. And 99% of the time they do it first time I ask anyway. Just. Man. He really loves that bed.

:3: My boy really is awesome, though.

Not only is that puppy going to weigh 110 pounds, he's also going to shed like crazy AND he's going to have jowls so he drools all over everything after having a drink. And he'll live to be 35.

Fraction posted:

:psyduck:

The thought of having dogs so big that the best sized bed for them is a goddamn mattress is just mind boggling to me. Won't your house just look really odd with a mattress just parked in the room though?

Not really any more odd than having dog beds out here already. These are much higher than the old dog beds, but they're only about 20" longer. And once you have two enormous black dogs coming to say hello, I figure it'll make sense to anyone who will be seeing the beds. And there'll be two after the other cover finishes dyeing.

Ires hopped up on it a little bit ago to snuggle with him. So he got up, turned around and laid down in the middle like a giant rear end in a top hat so there's no room for anyone to come up and snuggle with him anymore. :3: I told him he was a cantankerous old man and he grumbled at me.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Thanks, LINE Camera!

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

A FUCKTON OF WEED posted:

Thanks, LINE Camera!

No. Thank you Mr. of Weed.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nori is super-cute. I love his head markings, they make him look someone's spilt something on him. :3:

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I putting together a huge gundog thread, and now I'm wondering if I'm possibly going overboard :ohdear:. Oh well! I remember someone mentioned a website where you can build threads and check them out before you push them through (I think LPers use it)?

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Not only is that puppy going to weigh 110 pounds, he's also going to shed like crazy AND he's going to have jowls so he drools all over everything after having a drink. And he'll live to be 35.

Wife owned a Great Pyrenees for 13 years. :colbert:

Also, bite me.

DenialTwist
Sep 18, 2008
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

Crappy GSD's4LYFE

Pretending to be alert and on watch.

What actually happend: OH GOD, mom has moved outside the designated leash radius! Must commence immediate, nonstop yipping!

Stacking:You're doing it wrong.

huskyjackal
Mar 17, 2009

*peek*
IAN you have a PM and I think you're kinda local to me SO GIVE ME DAT PUPPAY. Diaz needs a brindle bro. gently caress seriously want your dog though omg, we need to have a Diaz playdate stat.

My boyfriend makes me sad because he said "no dogs that weigh as much as we do" so I plan on gaining at least 50lb so I will outweigh any Dane I want to adopt. :colbert: Solution found.

poo poo I have to play major catch-up, just caught up on this thread and I have a billion photos unedited on this hard drive, my external drive, and my other laptop's drive..now to figure out how to transfer them to my new iPad so I can make a durpy Diaz desktop.
I did get a new lens as a gift from mt grandpa, 70-200 f/2.8L IS and its AMAAZZIINNG and somehow I have only taken it out TWICE what the gently caress is wrong with me..tomorrow is a photo-day I expect if it doesn't rain too bad!

Koala Food
Nov 16, 2010

So we adopted a 20 year old cat today.

He has been getting passed from owner to owner since his first one died. A woman at my mom's work got hives whenever she touched him and was going to take him to animal control today.

He's very skinny, probably from being stressed. And he sheds a lot and it's killing my throat. And he won't let anyone touch his hind legs. But he's very sweet and very loooong compared to the other two (who are staying separated from him for now).

His name is Marshmallow (why change it at this point?) and he came with a bedazzled collar. :3:. It's weird having a cat that is older than I am. I lurk PI a lot and people seem to like hearing stories about old animals getting second chances, so enjoy.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Old man cats are great. Good on you for giving him a home.

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

Koala Food posted:

So we adopted a 20 year old cat today.

He has been getting passed from owner to owner since his first one died. A woman at my mom's work got hives whenever she touched him and was going to take him to animal control today.

He's very skinny, probably from being stressed. And he sheds a lot and it's killing my throat. And he won't let anyone touch his hind legs. But he's very sweet and very loooong compared to the other two (who are staying separated from him for now).

His name is Marshmallow (why change it at this point?) and he came with a bedazzled collar. :3:. It's weird having a cat that is older than I am. I lurk PI a lot and people seem to like hearing stories about old animals getting second chances, so enjoy.

Yay old man! Make sure you take him for a vet check-up - hyperthyroidism is very common in those older guys and taking care of that can really give them some pep. Good on you for giving him a place to spend his twilight years!

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.

Invalid Octopus posted:

I putting together a huge gundog thread, and now I'm wondering if I'm possibly going overboard :ohdear:. Oh well! I remember someone mentioned a website where you can build threads and check them out before you push them through (I think LPers use it)?
Aren't they hunting dogs?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?

Riiseli posted:

Aren't they hunting dogs?

Some breeds are, but there a lot of breeds that aren't hunted with anymore, or haven't ever been (some of the smaller spaniels, for example). Whereas, the hunting thread is a thread for anyone who is actively hunting with their dogs.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Wasn't there a hunting dog thread already this year?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I believe that's why she was asking. There are many breeds of "gundogs" that don't actually ever hunt, and the hunting thread is for individuals who are actively hunting with their dogs.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Some random things:

Two of my four tadpoles have grown up and left the nest :sigh: sad to see them go but hopefully they'll be doing their jobs in the swamp behind our house.

Zoso is still a moron.

Arthur and Ford want to join cookouts. When they're not allowed to they cry so loud the neighbors think we're stomping on babies or something.

There are a few moments of calm, but they're few and far between.

Also Arthur looks really weird when he yawns.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
My friend's new puppy came over tonight to hang out and pick up the jacket I made her. Gary was the grumpiest old man. :3: My friend has her pup and another one that she's fostering. The foster had to be taken away from his littermate because he was bullying him. Luckily her pup Chloe and her other dogs are teaching him manners.

Gary followed them around while making sure they didn't use any of his stuff, then retreated to the couch and watched them mournfully.

And because this type of post is useless without pics, here is a picture of Chloe in her jumper.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Oh my god, so tiny. So adorable. This is the best thing to see before going to bed :3::hf::3:

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!
So, I am really more of a lurker than a poster, but I felt the need to share this conversation because no one I've explained it to seems to understand my horror. I'm teaching English in Korea right now, and one of the things I have to do is have one-on-one discussions with students. Today, I was talking to a student about his dog.

Him: I've always had dogs growing up.
Me: Oh, great! :) You're lucky.
Him: Yes, I had a new dog every two years.
Me: You... did? :confused:
Him: Yes. My father would bring home a new puppy.
Me: What happened to your old dogs? (I'm getting all angry that maybe his parents just like puppies and hand off old dogs to the pound or something when they grow up)
Him: My grandfather ate them.
Me: ... :stonk:

Yep. This guy grew up thinking dogs have a two-year lifespan because his grandfather used to STEAL AND EAT THEM. I know people eat dogs here but... PET dogs? Who takes their grandson's dog and EATS IT?! :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

^^^^^^^ :gonk: ^^^^^^^
Different culture and all but the thought of eating dogs is just so....bleh

6-Ethyl Bearcat posted:

My friend's new puppy came over tonight to hang out and pick up the jacket I made her. Gary was the grumpiest old man. :3: My friend has her pup and another one that she's fostering. The foster had to be taken away from his littermate because he was bullying him. Luckily her pup Chloe and her other dogs are teaching him manners.

Gary followed them around while making sure they didn't use any of his stuff, then retreated to the couch and watched them mournfully.

And because this type of post is useless without pics, here is a picture of Chloe in her jumper.

Why aren't all your pets in jumpers? All the time? This is important.

• Locked thread