Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Bo Steed posted:

Haven't watched the Quiz episode yet, but the Downtown show was hilarious. Poor Arino. Again he ends up the whipping boy.

My favorite part had to be right at the beginning when Matsumoto asks them to "take it like a comedian"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Volfogg posted:

"Tinyurl:GCCXTeam"

That was me. If only the restriction wasn't so short, I could have fit the whole TinyURL URL as my greeting. No harm meant or anything.

Awesome, it's the closest thing I've had to a goon meet.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Thanks for the episode :)

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Haha, I love that watching the LINCOLN segment allowed me to answer a question correctly about Kamen Rider in the GCCX episode.

Between timing, typesetting, quality checking, and briefly toying with the idea of doing karaoke highlighted timing on that part, I've probably watched that song a couple of dozen times now. I'm pretty sure I could sing it from memory.

It's weird how the pop-culture references start to synergize as you absorb more of them. I finally got around to watching the Gaki no Tsukai No-Laughing Airport special this weekend, and there's a performer who does a parody version of "Romantic ga Tomaranai", which I immediately recognized from the GCCX segment.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Nipponophile posted:

Between timing, typesetting, quality checking, and briefly toying with the idea of doing karaoke highlighted timing on that part, I've probably watched that song a couple of dozen times now. I'm pretty sure I could sing it from memory.

It's weird how the pop-culture references start to synergize as you absorb more of them. I finally got around to watching the Gaki no Tsukai No-Laughing Airport special this weekend, and there's a performer who does a parody version of "Romantic ga Tomaranai", which I immediately recognized from the GCCX segment.

It's such an insular country that's about a third of the size of the US so if you watch enough you'll start to see the same people, callbacks, etc. and be able to recognize them. It's why I always try to get people who get into the batsu games and the Downtown-related stuff to go back after a year or so and rewatch the same stuff because they'll understand the cameos and references and find a whole new layer of humor to them. I know when I first started my knowledge of Japanese celebrities was basically Sonny Chiba and Beat Takeshi so there were huge parts of the show that I wasn't getting but now it's totally different.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for both episodes.

Enrico Dandolo
Aug 6, 2010

joek0 posted:

Here is my playlist for all the raw episodes that have no subs currently or the subs for Shiren. All of them have been put up for seasons 3-13 and some from seasons 14-15 and all the episodes from season 16. Enjoy the videos!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL085808F22D35F9A4&feature=view_all

Thanks for this, I'm probably the only person who's wanted to see the Koshien episode for forever.

Jest3
Apr 27, 2010
Enjoyed both of the new episodes, thank you!
I'd buy a translated Lincoln dvd as well.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Jest3 posted:

Enjoyed both of the new episodes, thank you!
I'd buy a translated Lincoln dvd as well.

I'd spend so much loving money if they had subbed DVDs of Downtown shows. So much.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 30, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

That Lincoln clip just made my week. As a fellow huge fan of Downtown, that was perfection from all involved. Thank you for that!

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Thanks for the Lincoln clip and the new quiz episode. Can't wait to watch them both.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
That Lincoln clip was one of the best things I've ever watched. Still waiting on new GCCX to finish downloading.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Okay, I really enjoyed the Sonic episode. Helped by me having extensive knowledge of the game, and the fact that the drowning mechanism makes for gripping television.

I couldn't get into any of the others I've tried to watch though. (Link to the Past, Punch Out and possibly some others I can't remember because it was back in my lurking days) Not helped by my lack of interest in NES-era games.

Any special recommendations or is this all maybe just a couple of years too retro for me?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Just look for what you personally know; I love LTTP and it was a great introduction to GCCX for me. Also Mighty Bomb Jack. It doesn't matter what you like or don't like, if you can't appreciate that episode then you have no soul.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

VagueRant posted:

Any special recommendations or is this all maybe just a couple of years too retro for me?

I personally like games that I haven't seen before, that are just humorously japanese and drat hard.

Try Adventure Island or other platforming games if you enjoyed Sonic.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Oh god, that Friendly Downtown segment was one of the funniest things I've seen. The tsundere cafe is definitely the highlight. The 'sexy figurines'...not so much. Those are creepy. Downtown looks like a hilarious group. Would like to see them being on the other side of the joke, though. Is there a way to obtain their other episodes? The only Japanese comedy I've been exposed to is GCCX and Takeshi's Castle.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Here's a thread for all the Japanese comedy needs you never knew you had until now:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3426240

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Unsatisfied with keeping the fighting in the streets of the present, Capcom decided to take it to the space streets in the dystopian future of the year 2010. Can Arino cyborg-laser-punch his way to victory over today's futuristic challenge? Street Fighter 2010. Translated by Zari-gani and timed by Gutcruncher

Download torrent81 (1 file; 694.43 MB)
View torrent stats

http://depositfiles.com/files/5krbojdoq

Gutcruncher fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 31, 2012

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Gutcruncher posted:

Unsatisfied with keeping the fighting in the streets of the present, Capcom decided to take it to the space streets in the dystopian future of the year 2010. Can Arino cyborg-laser-punch his way to victory over today's futuristic challenge? Street Fighter 2010. Translated by Zari-gani and timed by Gutcruncher
Spectacular!

As a side note, the filename on depositfiles is in Japanese and the size is different... Could it be the raw?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Welp! Reuploading I guess!

The torrent is right though.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Thanks for the latest episodes guys.

Where did this picture come from?

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks for the latest episodes guys.

Where did this picture come from?

Gutcruncher is the best artist.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

I've got that latest episode downloading now, but I'll be very surprised if Arino wins this one. The latter sections of SF2010 (well, whatever it is in Japanese - I know it has an entirely different story) are brutal.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Ah, Street Fighter 2010. The game that taught us that Ken went onto a fulfilling life of using bionics to fireball punch flying alien scorpions.

I know someone that attempted to learn a speedrun of this game a while back and after a certain point the boss battles become almost entirely reliant on RNG.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Well, now we know what we must fax over to Arino next live challenge.

"Arino, we are getting this fax from America."
"Wow, even kids there love me. How old is he?"
"26."
"Oh..."

Dizzybone
Nov 24, 2007

Another episode?? You guys are terrific.

RadicalWall
May 31, 2005

I have no idea whats going on.

Gutcruncher posted:

Awesome. Street Fighter 2010 is one of my favorite games.

...It's going to be hard to watch him fail repeatedly.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

You guys are going to run out of episodes to translate soon :v:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Cemetry Gator posted:

Well, now we know what we must fax over to Arino next live challenge.

"Arino, we are getting this fax from America."
"Wow, even kids there love me. How old is he?"
"26."
"Oh..."

I read it as 6 initially...

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

I've owned this game forever, but never really even fired it up until recently. I was going through the list of GCCX episodes that werent translated yet so I could play the game first, to see what Arino will go through.

I expect at least the first ten minutes of the episode to be him figuring out the hit box for punching things. Zari-Gani, Gutcruncher, everyone else, you all goddamn rule.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

I don't know why but this episode refuses to play correctly in MPC, it stutters like crazy and is unwatchable. All the other releases work just fine.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Hmm, The Yuuyus Quiz episode and the Yoiko bit are both audio de-synced for me. This happening to anybody else?

Edit: Looks like in VLC it's fine, but not in MPC.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 03:49 on May 31, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Paper Lion posted:

I don't know why but this episode refuses to play correctly in MPC, it stutters like crazy and is unwatchable. All the other releases work just fine.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Hmm, The Yuuyus Quiz episode and the Yoiko bit are both audio de-synced for me. This happening to anybody else?

Edit: Looks like in VLC it's fine, but not in MPC.

None of this happened for me with MPC-HC.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

http://depositfiles.com/files/5krbojdoq

Theres the new episodes direct download. I sure feel silly about this!

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Small question here. What is this?

All I see is Powdered Toast Man, but I kinda doubt that's what it is.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Suupaapan?

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
Eee! So many new episodes! So far I've only got to the Downtown special, but man, was that ever worth the wait. I only wish it was a bit longer...

Vlaphor posted:

Small question here. What is this?

All I see is Powdered Toast Man, but I kinda doubt that's what it is.

He looks like a cross between Shokupanman and Powdered Toast Man. A really really BUFF Shokupanman.

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Gutcruncher posted:

Thanks so much! It makes me incredibly happy to watch a new episode of GCCX after a terrible day at work.

You fantastic ladies and dudes are the very best.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Episode #141
6/7/2012
Captain Tsubasa(NES)

I can't tell which NES Captain Tsubasa game is shown. Has anyone tried the god awful US port, Tecmo Cup Soccer Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Another great episode after a long shift at work? Why, thank you.