Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

pr0k posted:

Ragequit and deleted all the FB GWS Illuminati from his friendlist for reasons unknown (attention whoring.)

oh god drat it just loving click

http://youtu.be/MBfYQOSSPqc

Huh. I guess I should stay up more on the FB happenings. That's too bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

pr0k posted:

oh god drat it just loving click
http://youtu.be/MBfYQOSSPqc

Sorry to read about drama but ahahah that video. I'm easily entertained.

Best news of all, my friendly redneck neighbor is looking to make a few extra bucks and offered to mow my lawn. Hell yes you can mow that giant craphole of a lawn! He even got all excited at my mower and took it back to his place for a tuneup and sharpening as part of his all-in-one redneck groundskeeping service. I may have to do some computer work for him as part of general trade of skills but woo hoo, hooray for rednecks.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

CuddleChunks posted:

Sorry to read about drama but ahahah that video. I'm easily entertained.

Best news of all, my friendly redneck neighbor is looking to make a few extra bucks and offered to mow my lawn. Hell yes you can mow that giant craphole of a lawn! He even got all excited at my mower and took it back to his place for a tuneup and sharpening as part of his all-in-one redneck groundskeeping service. I may have to do some computer work for him as part of general trade of skills but woo hoo, hooray for rednecks.

I keep waiting for my hot as poo poo of-unknown-providence latina neighbor girl to offer to scrub my floors or like dust or something.

Hasn't happened yet. :(

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

mindphlux posted:

I keep waiting for my hot as poo poo of-unknown-providence latina neighbor girl to offer to scrub my floors or like dust or something.

Hasn't happened yet. :(

No no no, she will never offer to scrub your floors. You offer to scrub her floors, she'll laugh at you, then invite you in for a taco.

Taaaco.

Taaaaaaaaco. :dance:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

pnumoman posted:

No no no, she will never offer to scrub your floors. You offer to scrub her floors, she'll laugh at you, then invite you in for a taco.

Taaaco.

Taaaaaaaaco. :dance:
Taco. :quagmire:

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
By taco you guys mean pussy right?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SubG posted:

Fish taco, I'm sure.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

SubG posted:

I deliberately chose the singular.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

What, you people hang out on FB too?! Don't tell me you got one of those secret handshake groups, too.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Because gently caress if I'm gonna tolerate missing out on drama. Somebody unban Mommy Dearest right this instant.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There is no secret facebook group :ninja:

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

wait till he finds out about the drunken google+ hangouts. :v:

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
so

there's a chance I might have a relatively serious gluten allergy

but gently caress it I'll eat the poo poo out of gluten until the day I die

which ironically might be from gluten

:(

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Gluten allergy, but not celiac's?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

Gluten allergy, but not celiac's?

celiac disease is not an allergic reaction, it's a different thing. gluten, like any protein, is perfectly possible to be allergic to

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

mindphlux posted:

so

there's a chance I might have a relatively serious gluten allergy

but gently caress it I'll eat the poo poo out of gluten until the day I die

which ironically might be from gluten

:(

Please don't turn into a douchebag in the process..

also :(

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Happy Hat posted:

Please don't turn into a douchebag in the process..

also :(

I will absolutely never utter the words 'allergy' and 'I have a' in the same breath to anyone outside this semi anonymous forum, so much do I hate the whole douchebag dietary restriction thing.

I guess the verdict isn't in, and it could be the liters upon liters of wine I drink daily, but apparently I have some strange form of intestinal swelling and have to get a camera shoved up my butt in a week. awesome. keepin' it classy.

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.

mindphlux posted:

I will absolutely never utter the words 'allergy' and 'I have a' in the same breath to anyone outside this semi anonymous forum, so much do I hate the whole douchebag dietary restriction thing.

I guess the verdict isn't in, and it could be the liters upon liters of wine I drink daily, but apparently I have some strange form of intestinal swelling and have to get a camera shoved up my butt in a week. awesome. keepin' it classy.

I suggest a live video podcast.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Dane posted:

I suggest a live video podcast.

I'll eat 8oz of straight mustard the night before and make it my ICSA entry.

Darval
Nov 20, 2007

Shiny.

mindphlux posted:

drat dude, hope it turns out to be nothing.

Starting your post with two sentences of "I" confused me, made it look capitalized properly. Couldn't possibly be a mindphlux post.

An observer
Aug 30, 2008

where the stars are drowning and whales ferry their vast souls through the black and seamless sea

mindphlux posted:

enjoy the magnesium citrate. try not to puke or you'll have to do it all over again.

Phummus
Aug 4, 2006

If I get ten spare bucks, it's going for a 30-pack of Schlitz.
mindphlux, I work in a radiology group, and we had a patient refuse to drink the contrast barium because it didn't say 'gluten free' on the label. Please make sure you ask the tech if your Mag is gluten free when you go in for your test. Please.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Phummus posted:

mindphlux, I work in a radiology group, and we had a patient refuse to drink the contrast barium because it didn't say 'gluten free' on the label. Please make sure you ask the tech if your Mag is gluten free when you go in for your test. Please.

I would have force-fed them.

In other radiography news, yesterday I had an MRI (ah, the chance to sleep) on the shoulder I hurt 3 weeks ago, and I have a fractured scapula blade. That's why it still hurts. Nice to know I haven't been a malingering hypochondriac.

Having a gluten allergy would make me very very sad. I hope it's all OK, MP!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Phummus posted:

my office is pretty awesome and we get lunch for free three times a week, so on fridays they'll send out an email with the menus for the following week. recently they've gone pretty fuckin crazy with the gluten labeling. here's an example:

office lunch menu posted:

Greek meatballs
Sliced grilled chicken with oregano & lemon( Gluten Free)
Mediterranean grilled vegetables (Gluten Free)
Classic Spinach Pie
Vegetarian moussaka with eggplant, roasted potaotes, tomatoes bechamel
Roasted zucchini, quinoa, carrot salad with golden raisins (Gluten Free)
Orzo pasta salad
Greek salad (Gluten Free)
Fruit salad (Gluten Free)

i'm so glad you guys chose not to just throw a glob of uncooked pizza dough into the fruit salad thanks guys

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Riptor posted:

i'm so glad you guys chose not to just throw a glob of uncooked pizza dough into the fruit salad thanks guys
It's pretty amazing how many people use food words without knowing what they mean. I knew someone whose boss was super gung-ho for his Low Carb Diet and complained about not losing any weight. She pointed out his daily venti caramel macchiato. His response: "Wait, sugar is a carbohydrate?"

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!
The trendy gluten-free thing is the one fad diet that actually pisses me off. My grandpa and several of my cousins are celiac, and can't eat stuff with gluten without getting violently ill several hours later. My grandpa hasn't been able to have real bread for like 30 years :smith:. Then again, all the people who don't even know what gluten is trying to avoid it means there's a glut (heh) of gluten-free things more readily available.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Halalelujah posted:

Day 1 of quitting smoking and I am seconds away from caving at every moment of the day.

This sucks. I wish this was the 40's and it was acceptable to smoke everywhere with abandon.

Quitting smoking/getting on a diet simultaneously will prove to be a terrible decision.

I decided to quit that day because of your post. I want a cigarette so bad, but I'm bribing myself with delivery corned beef hash. Which will suck balls. But it's better than a cigarette. I think.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Hey,
You know what - my take on it is that as long as the person I'm sitting across is paying the meal, I'll listen to their religion, their take on gluten, socio economics, milk, eggs or aliens (yes - I did a scientology test once, apparantly I was damaged beyond repair, and I was loving 19 at the time, I spend a good 2 1/2 hours discussing with the lady testing me about the individual questions and the rightness of the answers to those questions, ended up accusing her of having a deeply rooted hatred for small mammals, and asking her if she hurt flies as a kid - I guess obnoxious didn't begin to cover what I was, but I got free coffee and had to spend time waiting for a ferry anyways).

Also - Is it true that sugar is fattening then?

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
We had a person get angry the other day because they ordered hummus and they were shocked to find out it came with pita bread. Did we know pita bread was not gluten free and how could we serve glutenous pita bread with hummus without telling people and oh is the sweet potato gnocchi gluten free? It's not! Why not? How can you not make your gnocchi gluten free?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

We had a person get angry the other day because they ordered hummus and they were shocked to find out it came with pita bread. Did we know pita bread was not gluten free and how could we serve glutenous pita bread with hummus without telling people and oh is the sweet potato gnocchi gluten free? It's not! Why not? How can you not make your gnocchi gluten free?

Next time I get oysters I will send them back for being too salty for my taste! my health!

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

I normally ignore such stupid comments. However, if I heard something like this today, I might just punch a random stranger in the face.

bartolimu
Nov 25, 2002

Joborgzorz posted:

Then again, all the people who don't even know what gluten is trying to avoid it means there's a glut (heh) of gluten-free things more readily available.
Yeah, in my opinion the main positive impact of Atkins and the like is more products for diabetics and better product labeling for everyone. Improved labeling is always a good thing (especially if it scares people). It's really stupid seeing more gluten-free flours than regular flours at Whole Foods, but it's fantastic for people who legitimately need such products. If companies have to make the bulk of their cash from stupid people without legitimate health issues, I'm mostly okay with that.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nIwrgAnx6Q8

Someone claims me to be mumbling when speaking german now, they send me the link above just now as an illustrative.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

bartolimu posted:

Yeah, in my opinion the main positive impact of Atkins and the like is more products for diabetics and better product labeling for everyone. Improved labeling is always a good thing (especially if it scares people). It's really stupid seeing more gluten-free flours than regular flours at Whole Foods, but it's fantastic for people who legitimately need such products. If companies have to make the bulk of their cash from stupid people without legitimate health issues, I'm mostly okay with that.

I guess that's the bottom line. As much as it bugs me that people unnecessarily deprive themselves of things, their stupidity improves the lives of others. Is benevolent idiocy a thing?

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

Happy Hat posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nIwrgAnx6Q8

Someone claims me to be mumbling when speaking german now, they send me the link above just now as an illustrative.

Did you punch them?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

It's not like latin is hard to understand? I didn't think people had a problem with that particular opera.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Also reminder that the coolest song is the one where the swan talks about how it was cool that he used to swim around in lakes, but now he's he's roasting on a spit and very tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US3PoZ1MqGI

magnetic
Jun 21, 2005

kiteless, master, teach me.

The Macaroni posted:

^^^ Rest up, Halal. Weekend!

Collard green dolmathes were ludicriously delicious. I'm never buying grape leaves again.

I really like this idea, frankly I have never thought much of grape leave outside their roll of ripening grapes.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Joborgzorz posted:

I guess that's the bottom line. As much as it bugs me that people unnecessarily deprive themselves of things, their stupidity improves the lives of others. Is benevolent idiocy a thing?

It is now. You could write a book, Malcolm Gladwell style, on benevolent idiocy. There;'s about enough there for a decent-length non-fiction article, but you could pad it out to book length, like they all do. "Here's one relatively simple idea which I am going to go on and on about, with multiple examples, so I can publish a book about it!"

Gah! Such was my haste that my initial letters were not capitalised. But despite being busy, I WENT BACK AND EDITED THE POST. YOU HEAR ME, MINDPHLUX!?! YOU WANNA PIECE OF ME!?! I'll shove a beet so far up your rear end your tongue will be purple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

therattle posted:

It is now. You could write a book, Malcolm Gladwell style, on benevolent idiocy. There;'s about enough there for a decent-length non-fiction article, but you could pad it out to book length, like they all do. "Here's one relatively simple idea which I am going to go on and on about, with multiple examples, so I can publish a book about it!"

I'm now envisioning a world in which idiots are tricked into behaving in ways that benefit society as a whole.

Wait, what if that's already what happens, and this gluten-free craze is all because one of the Freemasons is celiac??? :tinfoil: