Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

It is absolutely creepy, I feel because she's taking such delight in annihilating Robert's line. She hates him just so much she'll sleep with him just to have that moment of joy as she scoops it all out and destroys it.

Ughhhh.
I thought it was somewhat less gross than that, in that Robert was always so drunk that she'd pull off and finish with her hand.

e: Beaten like something that rhymes with Leek

The Mechaniks of Cumbortion
by
Maester Gurm, Arch Pregnomancer of Westeros

unlimited shrimp fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jun 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Ambiguatron posted:

I just spent the last five minutes researching the length of Robert's reign and calculating how many times he could have painted Cersei's face with his issue assuming one ejaculation per day, you bastard.

Cersei says he only 'claimed his rights' infrequently.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

They were married approximately 15 years. Assuming GRRMiverse works like earth, that's 5,475 days.

Seems about right for a man of Robert's famed horniness.

And people say the GRRMster doesn't pay attention to logistics, pshaa.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
One ejaculation a day for Robert "The Only Man to Make the Eight Concurrently During a Perfect Week" Baratheon? Preposterous. Most of them just weren't with Cersei. I mean, the dude beat it like three times during the Battle of the Trident in full armor. That's dedication, homes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Robert Baratheon could easily ejaculate 5 times a day. 2 for whores, 1 for noble ladies, 1 for himself, 1 for Cersei.

By my calculations, given whore population and gestation periods, this means he has 1,200 bastards, and, as written, Cersei ate 10,000 princes.

GRRM did his homework. :stare:

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

whowhatwhere posted:

Bought, alas. They used to be handed out like hotcakes and then suddenly the mods stopping giving them out.

Yeah, there was a mod that used to love the Bad Thread and gave everybody gang tags but then they found out she was selling Facebook gold over Twitter or some such poo poo and she got kicked out. I registered for the SA forums solely to post in this thread (pretty sure I've never even posted in another thread here) and I'd love a WildCards tag, but I just don't want to spend another :10bux:.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Technically she'd just do your grinding for you in WoW. Which somehow abused mod privileges in a way that Swole doesn't.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
Besides creepiness, another thing just occurred to me:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

"Ten thousand of your children perished in my palm. Whilst you snored I would lick your sons off my face and fingers one by one, all those pale, sticky princes. You claimed your rights, my lord, but in the darkness I would eat your heirs."
It's a medieval fantasy world. How did she know about spermatozoa?! :tinfoil:

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Maesters sure are weird! I guess when you've got a vow of chastity you've got a lot of the stuff on hand to examine.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

I'm pretty sure the Gurm maester from the video game is responsible for that knowledge.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whowhatwhere posted:

Maesters sure are weird! I guess when you've got a vow of chastity you've got a lot of the stuff on hand to examine.

Now I'm picturing an old maester carefully dividing up a load of jizz, then using it to impregnate several ladies, to figure out how many sons it contains. :shepicide:

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

thornghost posted:

Yeah, there was a mod that used to love the Bad Thread and gave everybody gang tags but then they found out she was selling Facebook gold over Twitter or some such poo poo and she got kicked out. I registered for the SA forums solely to post in this thread (pretty sure I've never even posted in another thread here) and I'd love a WildCards tag, but I just don't want to spend another :10bux:.

I paid the iron price for my tag...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

whowhatwhere posted:

Technically she'd just do your grinding for you in WoW. Which somehow abused mod privileges in a way that Swole doesn't.

To be fair, Alfalfa isn't a mod anymore either.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Who's Alfalfa?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

A former mod of Fitness Log Cabin, pretty sure he was running a personal training deal as well. I have no idea if the guy doing SwolePT was ever a mod.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I got my tag flippantly, then paid the iron price when it was unceremoniously removed. Now I'm generic again.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I lost my tag in the battle of PHIZ, where the Wild Cards bravely rebelled and tried to establish a New Bad Thread after LooseChanj's Wild Card pogrom last July. We lost that battle, but our glistening manhoods rose again! :patriot:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Evan Montegarde posted:

please do more please

http://tindeck.com/listen/utrz

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
It's... beautiful :reject::fh:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
These are so good.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/01/wot-i-think-game-of-thrones/

So Alec Meer reviews the Game of Thrones RPG. And it's actually a surprisingly positive review. Main quotes and bits I just found mildly amusing follow:

quote:

It goes on far too long, seems to reach a climactic conflict repeatedly but then pull back from it in favour of more stringing along and treats its characters as utterly disposable. In other words, it’s faithful to the source material in an intrinsic way, not merely a stylistic one. Cyanide’s Game of Thrones: The Roleplaying Game is a slow-burner with a deeply awkward opening and besieged by footballer in a pizza advert levels of voice-acting, but it builds carefully, cleverly and dramatically.

quote:

stealth missions starring a psychic dog
SOLD

quote:

Critically, their tale...is compelling. That it achieves this despite being often undermined by voice acting your mum could do a better job of deserves a standing ovation.

quote:

the supporting cast, the assorted soldiers, thugs and civilians of Westeros, are too often atrocious...The vast majority sound like they’re recording a video telling their parents that everything is fine and they’ve being taken good care of while their kidnapper holds a gun to their heads.

quote:

How many times has that big beardy tease taken us to the very brink of key characters meeting or reuniting, only to (often brutally) pull the rug out from under them? To its eternal credit, [the game] realises we really do deserve this pay-off.
tl;dr on combat: surprisingly good, although the energy bar is a bit too restrictive and you've got a bit of a repetition problem. Despite that it's better than, say, Dragon Age's, much leass if they had tried a hack'n'slash approach.

quote:

it’s a troubled roleplaying game but also a really interesting and strong one. Every misfire is met by a triumph of some sort, and the one thing it is not is a lazy, perfunctory cash-in.

Also, the bit you all care about, Gurm's virtuoso performance as a Maester:

quote:

his acting is on a par with his respect for deadlines.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

That's Roy Dotrice, correct? He sounds like he's not too fond of reading these scenes. Perhaps his mental image of GRRM squirming in his sofa while writing is too vile to contemplate overlong.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I'm pretty sure that's just how Roy Dotrice sounds.

e: Also, a request for sex scenes already on the show, or at least that don't spoil any plot elements in the show (so one of Tyrion's Shae scenes would be alright). I'd like to expose some show-watcher friends of mine to this.

whowhatwhere fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jun 2, 2012

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

When the music started I got goosebumps of revulsion. Oh god, the horror and the majesty of Roy Dotrice reading this absolute poo poo scene.

I'm particularly enjoying the genres.

empty sea fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Jun 2, 2012

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Those clips aren't Roy Dotrice, they're John Lee who replaced Dotrice for the Feast for Crows audiobook. Dotrice is the reader who has the hobo/pirate voice.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Amazing.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

savinhill posted:

Those clips aren't Roy Dotrice, they're John Lee who replaced Dotrice for the Feast for Crows audiobook. Dotrice is the reader who has the hobo/pirate voice.
Dotrice did go back and record for AFFC, though. Perhaps a comparison could be made of both renditions of "Fat Pink Mast"?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

You should do one of these with a Reek scene.

Any scene will do, really, but the Reek/Jeyne Poole one would probably work best.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dany/Doreah fingerbang

Cersei/Jaime coffin sex

Dany masturbating to Drogo

And the impossibly long Shae / Tyrion

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
do the first Dany sex scene. It's the least spoilery one possible while still capturing the thousands of little wordlings of the GRRM.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Oddly enough, after hearing this I found the creepiest part to be Gilly's "I am your wife,now". Sam's fat pink mast should've retracted instantaneously after hearing that.

E: Surprised no one suggested The Lord's Kiss.

The Unnamed One fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 3, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Do the zombie blowjob scene.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I hope they keep the Fat Pink Mast scene in the TV show, that's the scene I'm most looking forward to after the RW.

EatDirt
Nov 13, 2009

I can not believe I read that...

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

EatDirt posted:

I can not believe I read that...

Yeah a lot of these books kind of makes you go :stare: when put into perspective.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
In ASOIAF making GBS threads news that's not about Dany, Nihilcredo linked an excellent theory over in the spoiler thread:

NihilCredo posted:

Oh, hey, speaking of crazy theories. Except it's not crazy at all, and in fact I'm probably buying it until someone finds a contradicting passage:

Oberyn Martell had poisoned Tywin Lannister shortly before their deaths

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

In ASOIAF making GBS threads news that's not about Dany, Nihilcredo linked an excellent theory over in the spoiler thread:

Let it never be said that GRRM is not the master of writing about fecal distress.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Hope it was true cuz Obgyn Martell was a straight up ninja, son, slippin' Tywin a bit of that wicked elixir on the sly, you know?

Vertigus
Jan 8, 2011

whowhatwhere posted:

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but didn't they wait an unusually long time before giving Tywin his funeral?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis

Vertigus posted:

I'm not sure if I remember it correctly, but didn't they wait an unusually long time before giving Tywin his funeral?

How long did it take for Feast to come out?