Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Thermophonic Joy! I know your birthday was ages ago, but there is mail for you! I sent it out so it'd arrive by your birthday but my post office is poo poo and it just got return to sender'ed because apparently I wrote the address too small.

I poo poo you not.

So, I'll be re-writing the envelope and sending it out again this week! So...this is the month of Thermophonic Joy, and anybody who says otherwise gets a kick in the shins. :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cuntvalet posted:

Thermophonic Joy! I know your birthday was ages ago, but there is mail for you! I sent it out so it'd arrive by your birthday but my post office is poo poo and it just got return to sender'ed because apparently I wrote the address too small.

I poo poo you not.

So, I'll be re-writing the envelope and sending it out again this week! So...this is the month of Thermophonic Joy, and anybody who says otherwise gets a kick in the shins. :catstare:

Wow, your post office IS poo poo. I like to act entitled and selfish on my birthday, and I've been doing that for this whole month now, so your card will still arrive at an appropriate time. Thanks for thinking of me!

I sent out over 45 cards in the last month and only a few people have reported receiving them, so I'm worried my post office is poo poo too. (Which would suck, 'cause I work there a few days a week.)

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 21, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Wow, your post office IS poo poo. I like to act entitled and selfish on my birthday, and I've been doing that for this whole month now, so your card will still arrive at an appropriate time. Thanks for thinking of me!

I sent out over 45 cards in the last month and only a few people have reported receiving them, so I'm worried my post office is poo poo too. (Which would suck, 'cause I work there a few days a week.)

I got the stuff I'd sent out (a card for you and one for another friend whose birthday was this month) back in my box on Friday. So for half a month, the post office has just been diddling around, procrastinating on trying to read the addresses, I guess.

What baffles me more is that anybody whose gotten a letter from me knows, my return address is always written EVEN smaller. :iiam:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

cuntvalet posted:

So...this is the month of Thermophonic Joy, and anybody who says otherwise gets a kick in the shins. :catstare:

I would support this alone based on how hard I laughed at Thermophonic Joy's second to last post, but since I've also sent three cards her way this month (the most I've sent to any goon in a month)... The mail output supports this being the month of Thermophonic Joy as well. :colbert:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

I would support this alone based on how hard I laughed at Thermophonic Joy's second to last post, but since I've also sent three cards her way this month (the most I've sent to any goon in a month)... The mail output supports this being the month of Thermophonic Joy as well. :colbert:

Aww. I think the mail just takes a reeeally long time getting here because I'm on an island. Who knows. Generally, I do get most things, it just takes ages to arrive. But I don't mind! I always have this vague and comforting feeling that something nice is coming for me. And I just keep on checking my mailbox...

butterflyarashi
Oct 31, 2009
Ashley H.
615 South 2nd #4
Belleville, IL 62220

I have done something like this before with another message board, years ago. I am a 28 year old female. I like most'girly' things. (Hello Kitty, butterflies,fairies, dragonflies, Unicorns...) I am addicted to Farmville (I dunno either,honestly) and WoW. I like video games, anime, reading, and play the clarinet. I like most animals but my favorites are horses and cats. Also you can send mail to my cats. I will post pics of them um....'reading' it. Garfield (Who doesn't look like Garfield. But enjoys human food just as much). 16 Year old male cat who was born on Febuary 4. Mystic who is a 5 year old female born ~January 20. She is part Siamese and is a rescue.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

My office is in the middle of a move, so my merry-making supplies are packed up but I have a summer-themed mailing that will hopefully go out some time in June in addition to my catmail I'm putting together.

In the meantime, these fabulous goons have kept the mail coming:

cardboard robot, Famine Poodle, Aunt Buck, Ruby Sprinkles and last but not least, Thermophonic Joy. Thanks!!!

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010
After another long move and hiatus, I'm back AGAIN. I miss doing this thing and I'm unemployed! Add me please!

Raaachel
706 S. Hominy Place
Skiatook, OK 74070
USA

I'll be mailing out a bunch of stuff tomorrow! I look forward to doing this again!

PS: Thank you lamb for sending me something a few months back which my parents held on to and gave to me. :3

Raaachel fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 24, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I'm embarrassingly late about this, but I wanted to thank everyone who sent me things for Valentine's Day/St. Patrick's Day/Easter/any day in between. It's been such a lovely spring, and it all means a lot to me. I read every note, color every page, and stick every sticker (usually onto my dog, who now hates me).

Thanks, you guys :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Thermophonic Joy!!!!

You have belated birthday goonmail en route! :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Niemat posted:

Thank you soooo much for the cards! I feel terrible that you used so much postage on me! I wouldn't have minded if you'd combined things. They were lovely cards! :buddy:

My mother-in-law also received her card today, and she thought it was great. She said you'd written something very cute, although I haven't looked at it yet so I don't know what. She says thank you, as well!

What a nice surprise to come home to after a crappy day at work. Definitely gonna send you something cool soon.

Thanks again!

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thank you soooo much for the cards! I feel terrible that you used so much postage on me! I wouldn't have minded if you'd combined things. They were lovely cards! :buddy:

My mother-in-law also received her card today, and she thought it was great. She said you'd written something very cute, although I haven't looked at it yet so I don't know what. She says thank you, as well!

What a nice surprise to come home to after a crappy day at work. Definitely gonna send you something cool soon.

Thanks again!

Hooray!! I've been worrying my mailman's been jealous of my goonmail, and he's been stashing it somewhere (along with my bills and my grad school acceptance letter :argh:)... So, I'm glad you got the card, and I'm especially glad you and your mother in law enjoyed your cards!! :buddy:

No worries on the postage. :) I'm always happy to use it!

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010
Alright!

Mail sent out to Niemat, Team Lunch, IrishWolfman, lamb, and Thermophonic Joy! Be on the lookout, folks! :)

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat!

I had a long, crappy day at work, full of long, crappy calls from unhappy customers, but I got your mail when I got home and it made my day so much better!

Thank you for the awesome card, it made me smile and giggle a lot! Suddenly, it was my birthday all over again! :3:

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thank you Thermophonic Joy for the card and stickers! I especially like the evil Ronald McDonald.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

ProfessorMurder posted:

Thank you Thermophonic Joy for the card and stickers! I especially like the evil Ronald McDonald.

McCruelty. :saddowns:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Decided to get a jump start on my next mailouts last night. I usually do a dozen or two at a time, but this time I'm attempting the ambitious amount of fifty cards at once. I have new respect for some of you, (namely lamb) and your dedication to mailing ridiculous amounts of things.

This may actually take me a few days to finish. See you on the other side. :black101:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Decided to get a jump start on my next mailouts last night. I usually do a dozen or two at a time, but this time I'm attempting the ambitious amount of fifty cards at once. I have new respect for some of you, (namely lamb) and your dedication to mailing ridiculous amounts of things.

This may actually take me a few days to finish. See you on the other side. :black101:

I wish you the best of luck. I don't think I'd be able to do that, not only for expense wise but I usually put hand made stuff into my cards and try to write something different in each one. That would take me FOREVER! Most I've sent out at once I think was 17. I definitely have much respect for those that power through so many cards at once. That most definitely means you Lamb! And I know there are others as well. :iia:

I also want to thank Niemat on behalf of my mom. She very much appreciated the mother's day card. It is currently displayed on the kitchen table.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Thank you for the letter and the mini Canada flag!

I am now memorizing my new address via creating more goonmail. It'll go out as soon as I can figure out where to mail it from--the mailboxes in this apartment don't have a spot for outgoing mail, so I guess I have to find a post office or something.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
13pandora13, those photographs rule. I had no idea how cool receiving photos would be to me, but they are totally rocking my socks right now. Thank you very much.

I'm gonna take some pictures of my very picturesque city and send them out in my next goonmail. Thanks for the great idea!

I stuck them on my wall. :3:

Cristlefir
Nov 24, 2006

Per Ardua ad Astra
Got my first goon mail from Thermophonic Joy! Thank you!! This is just what I needed after a long day working at the hospital. I'll be sure to send you a return present soon! :)

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
Thank you, Thermophonic Joy! I like the PETA stickers - I'm going to torment my husband with them!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
You're welcome to all the goons who thanked me! I'm glad my mail's finally arriving!

I got a lovely birthday card from cuntvalet today! It was very sweet and thoughtful. Thank you very much! I really appreciate you writing such nice things in your teeny, tidy writing! :buddy:

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009
Got a little something from Raaachel!

Thanks for the stickers, I still have Lucky Penny :3:

I'm doing some cards right now and drawing things for people- if you want to request something, please do! I bought a bunch of new art junk and am anxious to try it out.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Team Lunch posted:

I'm doing some cards right now and drawing things for people- if you want to request something, please do! I bought a bunch of new art junk and am anxious to try it out.

I would love some art! I don't know what to request though

And I would like to thank 13Pandora13 for the nice card with the photos. I hadn't received anything in awhile so it was a nice surprise :3:

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010

Team Lunch posted:

Got a little something from Raaachel!

Thanks for the stickers, I still have Lucky Penny :3:

Yay! You're so welcome!

If you have any time, I have an owl obsession and my favorite color is green! Don't feel obligated or anything though!

I hope everyone is doing well! :3

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Yay! I got a very nice Father's Day card from Thermophonic Joy!!! It came complete with a bunch of stickers and a Canadian Flag! The insect stamps on the front were amazing! Thanks!!!

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

miryei

Thank you for the lovely jellyfish postcard, stickers and the wire seahorse! Really made my day to find that in my mail box. You're the best!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Yay! I got a very nice Father's Day card from Thermophonic Joy!!! It came complete with a bunch of stickers and a Canadian Flag! The insect stamps on the front were amazing! Thanks!!!

You're very welcome! I'm amazed one of my Father's Day cards actually hit a male, let alone a father... Awesome!

miryei, thank you for the lovely card, stickers, and adorable raccoon foamy thingies! They're so cute. :buddy:

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Okay! A post with a list of things!

Raaachel, I got your lovely card Tuesday (after a terrible weekend at work and before some terrible irl events), and I very much appreciated it! I needed some cheering this week, and your card was lovely!! So, thank you!! :buddy:

cuntvalet: Good! I'm glad!! :D Seriously, dealing with people on the phone is terrible (to illustrate, I got called a baby killer on the phone a few days ago at my job), and I'm glad the card could provide even the smallest reprieve! Did MommaValet get her card okay??

cardboardRobot: I'm happy your mom enjoyed the card!! After my last bout of mail to Canada got lost, I was worried the Canada Goon moms wouldn't get my cards! :ohdear: Obviously they did, so good news there! :)

Raaachel
Jul 10, 2010

Niemat posted:

Raaachel, I got your lovely card Tuesday (after a terrible weekend at work and before some terrible irl events), and I very much appreciated it! I needed some cheering this week, and your card was lovely!! So, thank you!! :buddy:

Awww! I'm glad I could make your day a little brighter! :) You're most welcome!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Raaachel posted:

Awww! I'm glad I could make your day a little brighter! :) You're most welcome!

Raaachel sent me some spectacular goonmail!

Thank you for the awesome homemade card and origami bride and groom. They're so cool! And I was totally embarrassed by the 'This lady's getting hitched!' you wrote on the envelope. Thank you so much! :lol:

Edit:
wwc holy crap, I just learned that Abbotsford is only a couple hours from here! Hello, nearby goon!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 5, 2012

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Niemat posted:

cuntvalet: Good! I'm glad!! :D Seriously, dealing with people on the phone is terrible (to illustrate, I got called a baby killer on the phone a few days ago at my job), and I'm glad the card could provide even the smallest reprieve! Did MommaValet get her card okay??

Yes! I just gave it to her today (first time I've seen her in awhile) and she said it really made her smile. She cracked up laughing at the "Happy Mother's Day From Someone Else's Kid!" bit. :)

Thank you for making my mom smile. She also asked me to thank you for her. :3:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
While shutting down my classroom for the summer, I decided to go through a bunch of boxes of old stuff I've collected over the years. One thing I found was a bag of propaganda from NASA. Mostly posters, brochures and the like. but one thing in the bag was a stack of postcards.

So guess what some of you will be getting in the near future?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
Last week, I sent out a stack of greeting cards made by Mrs. Genesplicer to some of my Co-American goons. Tomorrow, 4 more of those cards go out (This time to my non-co-Canadian goons), plus 22 NASA-based postcards to places around the world (including the United States and Canada)!

Now that Summer Vacation has started, I have a bit of time to do some actual Genesplicer postcards!

I also have enough stamps so that everyone should be able to get one!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies

genesplicer posted:

While shutting down my classroom for the summer, I decided to go through a bunch of boxes of old stuff I've collected over the years. One thing I found was a bag of propaganda from NASA. Mostly posters, brochures and the like. but one thing in the bag was a stack of postcards.

So guess what some of you will be getting in the near future?

So, did I tell you ever that I'm a history MA student who studies propaganda and advertisements? :D Or you know, send them to whomever you like. :)

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

cuntvalet posted:

Yes! I just gave it to her today (first time I've seen her in awhile) and she said it really made her smile. She cracked up laughing at the "Happy Mother's Day From Someone Else's Kid!" bit. :)

Thank you for making my mom smile. She also asked me to thank you for her. :3:

D'awwwww!!! No worries! :3:

genesplicer posted:

I'm considering this a promise, and I am now very excited about visiting my mail box in the next couple weeks. :v:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

The good news is that I got a bunch of postcards in Finland.

The bad news is that I'm broke and can't send them out until I'm back stateside. Boo.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

genesplicer posted:

Last week, I sent out a stack of greeting cards made by Mrs. Genesplicer to some of my Co-American goons. Tomorrow, 4 more of those cards go out (This time to my non-co-Canadian goons), plus 22 NASA-based postcards to places around the world (including the United States and Canada)!

Now that Summer Vacation has started, I have a bit of time to do some actual Genesplicer postcards!

That's so awesome. Can't wait to see the NASA propaganda! I hope it's cheesy as hell.

I've got another couple dozen goonvelopes heading out this week, too! Anyone who's sent me something recently and hasn't received a response yet, expect one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
I've been having a really lovely week so far, and would really appreciate some goonmail.

On the plus side, I just sent Father's Day cards to three countries (two, if you don't count Canada) and have acquired a bunch of stamps for sending return mail to everywhere!

On the other hand, one of the reasons my week's been lovely so far is that some of my mail is possibly getting lost.