Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Emong posted:

I found one in Bluemoon Tower, and I've heard there's one in Soulflayer Canyon.

The one in Soulflayer Canyon appears to be a random drop. I got the MA bow and then later got a regular strider bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myriad
Apr 26, 2010
Anyone remember what page that short quest guide was on? I'm having some trouble getting the trophy.
e: Nevermind, found it.

Myriad fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 3, 2012

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh. Well. Guess I'm going to go smash a lot of oxen in the face with a giant hammer.

The Warrior Strength+ augment applies to Ranger bow attacks too, right?

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Zereth posted:

Oh. Well. Guess I'm going to go smash a lot of oxen in the face with a giant hammer.

The Warrior Strength+ augment applies to Ranger bow attacks too, right?

Yes. It applies to all non-magical attacks with any weapon.

Including fists.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Oh, hey, that's a pretty low-risk area too. I should switch my pawn to Fighter for the carry weight augment while I'm at it.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

[Post-Game Spoilers]

Do I have to kill the duke? Or can I just sit around and let him tire himself out?

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Funkmaster General posted:

I was thinking about it, and here's what I want in a sequel (and there better be a sequel, Capcom, you hear me?):

Be more like Monster Hunter. that is all this game needs, is not enough like Monster Hunter.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
So I finally bought and started playing this game after 2 months of urging from a goon pal. I hired on his pawn who looks like Abed from Community, got going, and I don't want to stop.

This is a pretty awesome game. I think the pawn system is genius, and I absolutely love how open the quests/plot are. I've been dicking around for at least 10-15 hours and I haven't even talked to the Duke yet.

As someone who is first playthrough, ~lvl 30, and like scratching the surface of Gran Soren plot quests, is there anything vital I should know?

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
Oh you religious nut, how can I take your threats seriously when your name is 'Balsac'?

There's too many sword skills and not enough slots to put them in, I want Intimate Gambit, Power Charge, Gouge and Full Moon Slash all at once!

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you
Pawns desperately need to be able to pursue those split tier vocations. Brandywine is a wonderful warrior, but now I want her to pursue magic. Maybe I should consider archery... goon pawns.txt really seems to be lacking in high level support classes.

Jack Burton Windu
Oct 4, 2004
It's all in the Jedi Reflexes...
Everyone owes it to themselves to fight a golem in the dark with no lantern for J.R.R. Tolkien's Tron.

Warrior's upward slash + ice enchanted greatsword makes farming the drake in devilfire grove a breeze. 75% of my swings were hitting the heart, it seems like he spent half the fight wallowing on the ground. I can't imagine how much chafing goes on wearing dragonforged silk lingerie.

Thanks for the friend invites, I accepted all of the sa requests this morning. I switched my pawn over to ranger to pick up some more augments, but I think she's gonna end up staying a fighter in the end.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OK Octopus posted:

Pawns desperately need to be able to pursue those split tier vocations. Brandywine is a wonderful warrior, but now I want her to pursue magic. Maybe I should consider archery... goon pawns.txt really seems to be lacking in high level support classes.

Lil B is like level 83 and does nothing besides support. :colbert:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So just started the game, friend ended up buying it for me and having a okay time, just killed a head on that hydra at the start and chose to be a Mage, are there any tips or things I should be aware of as I play?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
If you enjoy spell casting and want to stay, max out mage then max out sorcerer and choose which you prefer. Fire boon/affinity will see you through the majority of the game and when casting if you press down the right stick you can manually aim so can enchant yourself

apocrypha
Mar 1, 2009

Emong posted:

[Post-Game Spoilers]

Do I have to kill the duke? Or can I just sit around and let him tire himself out?

You don't actually end up killing him, he has cutscene immunity. I tried just sitting around and waiting for him to stop attacking after his speech but he never did, so I guess it's an unavoidable battle.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

StringOfLetters posted:

If anyone finds the game getting too easy later on, I found a really great way to adjust the difficulty. Just don't hire a third and fourth pawn. Playing with just you and your autistic stalker against the world is pretty excellent, there's still an element of teamwork and complimentary styles but you don't have four dudes in god-plate weighing your enemy down and killing everything in a minute.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the lack of difficulty in NG+ so I'm playing through with my guy who was previously a Mystic Knight as a strider and my ex-support Mage as a fighter so the stats aren't ideal as well as just duoing it. It's fun running around as 2 halflings. My pawn is a fat ginger fighter hobbit and we're both purposely using subpar equipment that looks good rather than has high stats.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I'll get this game soon, and I wanted to go in without knowing nothing about the game at all.

However, I wonder: any ways I could screw or gimp myself/my character/quests, or can I jump into it and discover things on my own?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

apocrypha posted:

You don't actually end up killing him, he has cutscene immunity. I tried just sitting around and waiting for him to stop attacking after his speech but he never did, so I guess it's an unavoidable battle.

I tried to blow him up using explosive rivet but had done too much damage and the third rivet killed him :smith:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Sorry to anybody using my pawn, I'm starting a new game! :haw:

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

VisAbsoluta posted:

I'll get this game soon, and I wanted to go in without knowing nothing about the game at all.

However, I wonder: any ways I could screw or gimp myself/my character/quests, or can I jump into it and discover things on my own?

You can easily miss some quests if you don't do them soon enough, but apart from that no.

Krackleburt
Aug 24, 2008

Emong posted:

[Post-Game Spoilers]

I must have wasted like 15 solid minutes on that battle. I just kept picking him up and throwing him around the room. He just wasn't gonna give up. Eventually I ended it by throwing a vase at his face.

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?
After 53 and a half hours, it looks like I finally have to start moving the story forward by meeting the Duke and doing something with this Wyrm Hunt license. The map's about as filled up as I can get it, no more notice board quests (except for that drat snakeskin purse, gently caress that).

So, sorry if I used your pawn and they came back with no quest knowledge. It's just been too much fun running all over the map and killing everything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Man what's with those sword-and-shield bandits they sprinkle into bandit packs at the start of the game that are about five times tougher than their buddies? I've started a new game playing as a strider and since the game has no dodge I'm really feeling the pain from those guys. :(

also a kitten thanks for using my old pawn for as long as you did. I assume you sent it back when you went to a rift and found it no longer existed/was now level nine, so it came back to me with about 30k-worth of Rift Crystals for my new one. :)

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 3, 2012

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
I waited until "Trials & Tribulations" to try and start Reynard's "Search Party" quest. Is that to late? I've been buying and enhancing tons of things from him and nothing is happening.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Where is the southern bandit camp for Troublesome Tome? I passed it and now it's off my map, and it wasn't in the northern camp.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

RBA Starblade posted:

Where is the southern bandit camp for Troublesome Tome? I passed it and now it's off my map, and it wasn't in the northern camp.

Immediately west of Witchwood. Like you can see it from there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If anyone wants a level 48 mage support pawn my PSN ID is Jose1Jose. She's utilitarian primary/medicant secondary and has High comestion/High Levin as damage spells then High Anodyne/Spellscreen/Halidom and Holy affinity. She's actually an excellent support pawn but do not take her to the Evil Eye, she was useless. Either getting knocked down or climbing it when not for some weird reason. She has all the mage/sorcerer augments too.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Less Talk More Rock posted:

(except for that drat snakeskin purse, gently caress that).

Search along the river starting from the waterfall by the Abbey.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saint Freak posted:

Immediately west of Witchwood. Like you can see it from there.

Okay, thanks. The original pointer led me to the abandoned storehouse where I was supposed to talk to some dude, but I got blinded and after it was cured I couldn't find him.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Scott Bakula posted:

If anyone wants a level 48 mage support pawn my PSN ID is Jose1Jose. She's utilitarian primary/medicant secondary and has High comestion/High Levin as damage spells then High Anodyne/Spellscreen/Halidom and Holy affinity. She's actually an excellent support pawn but do not take her to the Evil Eye, she was useless. Either getting knocked down or climbing it when not for some weird reason. She has all the mage/sorcerer augments too.
This cracks me up because this is the skillset/inclination of my mage. Though I fought the evil eye a long time ago and made short work of it so I'm not sure how she'd do there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

She was getting loads of heals off but just refused to ever cast holy affinity. Its a pity because I absolutely demolished it when she did the 2 times I was able to attack with it. The 3rd time I had it it got debuffed immediately but standing behind spamming hundred kisses with it just tore through its health.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Do monsters instantly respawn at night or something? I was doing the hillfigure knoll quest at night, and ended up fighting an endless amount of direwolves. Literally til the sun came up.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Questions about wolves:

How do they react to fire?

If I swing blindly, will I hit them?

How do they hunt?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sorry, Rolf, but the ladies need some privacy. Talking to the bandit chief can be inconvenient at times. To some more than others.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm still pretty early in the game, but where can I find a kilt to impress the lady bandit?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm still pretty early in the game, but where can I find a kilt to impress the lady bandit?

You can buy a dress at The Black Cat that'll trick the bandit camp when worn.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I need to make an alternative play through as a male sorceror pimp with my 3 hoe pawns. There will be a lot of open hand slaps going on. I also need a way to record this... What would look good as a pimp outfit? I was thinking possibly all white attire.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So, I'm level 15 or so, and in the middle of a bandit camp trying to do this quest as now I'm terrified all of my quests are hosed, thing is these bandits are hard as hell, how am I supposed to do this? The leader keeps telling me to fight him, aaaand everyones at half health.

Also got dicked out of the witch woods lost and found quest, "come back when you're stronger", went and got to the capital and told I failed it. Great

Less Talk More Rock
May 8, 2007
Would you give it all up to live again?

Schubalts posted:

Search along the river starting from the waterfall by the Abbey.

I could've sworn I searched every inch of that river. I was wrong. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So, I'm level 15 or so, and in the middle of a bandit camp trying to do this quest as now I'm terrified all of my quests are hosed, thing is these bandits are hard as hell, how am I supposed to do this? The leader keeps telling me to fight him, aaaand everyones at half health.

Also got dicked out of the witch woods lost and found quest, "come back when you're stronger", went and got to the capital and told I failed it. Great

Don't worry too much about failing quests like that, it is disappointing to see it pop up, but you're not going to be totally screwed out of anything game-breaking when it happens.

For the tome there is a non-violent solution: it's in a chest at the very, very top of their ruined tower/fortress place, you have to jump and climb a bit to get there. You can just waltz right out afterwords

• Locked thread