Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Stare-Out posted:

I doubt it'll happen, but I really wish they (and many other developers) realized that the analog sticks are in fact, analog. But no, push the stick a bit and your character walks, push it all the way and your character... still walks. Want to run? Press this other button or tap it like an idiot! Really, how hard is it to grasp? Especially when they use it correctly in their own multiplayer in the same game. .

I believe they explained it that its supposed to help you walk around more in the singleplayer and apreciate the city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I believe they explained it that its supposed to help you walk around more in the singleplayer and apreciate the city.

Well I am sure that happened about one minute per hour of gameplay (with most of that being trying not to scare the hot dog vender or conserving stamina.)

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I'm trying to downgrade my GIAIV from 1.0.7 to 1.0.4 in order to use ENBSeries shaders, and what's happening is when I launch the game, it's like the game is being drawn at 3000x2000 res, so the menu once the game is loaded is out of my monitors area, stopping me from navigating to the Display part of Options and changing it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Ak Gara posted:

I'm trying to downgrade my GIAIV from 1.0.7 to 1.0.4 in order to use ENBSeries shaders, and what's happening is when I launch the game, it's like the game is being drawn at 3000x2000 res, so the menu once the game is loaded is out of my monitors area, stopping me from navigating to the Display part of Options and changing it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Well here is how to get there from the menu if you have the episodes.

Press enter to choose gtaiv. Right, enter, escape, right three times, enter, right a few times, space to apply.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hey, the next Grand Theft Auto they should make is a London one. Why don't they do this?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Because the Housers REALLY have a hate-on for the US, if you hadn't noticed.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

LA attack posted:

I know that in the mission making fun of Driver in GTA3 had female running/walking animations for the character that was supposed to be Tanner.

Also this could be posted in the Max Payne 3 thread but:

Am I missing something here or are you posting that there are planes in GTA V and max payne?

LA attack
Apr 5, 2009

...But Awesome Takes Practice

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

Am I missing something here or are you posting that there are planes in GTA V and max payne?

It is an easter egg in one of the multiplayer maps. They are pretty much the exact plans that appear in the trailer though.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

K8.0 posted:

Because the Housers REALLY have a hate-on for the US, if you hadn't noticed.

There are a million more things to satirize about the US than England, especially if your largest audience is American

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

SKYMALL SCRILLA posted:

The photos on the left are stills from the GTA V trailer

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Well here is how to get there from the menu if you have the episodes.

Press enter to choose gtaiv. Right, enter, escape, right three times, enter, right a few times, space to apply.

Thanks, but it seems the problem was weirder than that, 'cos even at stupid high or low res, I couldn't see the sids/top of the screen. It was like the screen was 400 pixles higher and to the left than the screen should have been. I guess I screwed up the 1.0.4 patch or something.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

It's actually surprisingly fun to slow play GTAIV and RDR. It makes the tense story moments have a lot more impact when you're not running around town like a douche the whole time. Definitely not for everyone, but you do get to appreciate how the world behaves when you leave it alone a lot more.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Dewgy posted:

It's actually surprisingly fun to slow play GTAIV and RDR. It makes the tense story moments have a lot more impact when you're not running around town like a douche the whole time. Definitely not for everyone, but you do get to appreciate how the world behaves when you leave it alone a lot more.
Yeah, but I do that in games where there isn't a separate run button. Just tilt the stick slightly. MGS4 and Peace Walker for instance use it to great effect with sneaking. Having a face button for running/sprinting also means you lose control of the camera every time you run, which caused some really awkward moments in both GTAIV and RDR.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Is it unreasonable to expect GTA5 appear during E3? I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft had someone show of this game on stage.

Well, one can hope.

widunder
May 2, 2002
How is the native SA version for Mac that's for sale at the App Store? How will it run on my late-2011 MBP? Can you use the shader packs that are out there with it?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Iacen posted:

Is it unreasonable to expect GTA5 appear during E3? I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft had someone show of this game on stage.

Well, one can hope.
I'm pretty sure Rockstar gives no fucks about it because they know they can release anything about the game at any time they want and people will go nuts for it. I might be wrong but they hardly ever release new info or media during events like E3 but instead do it in their own time.

nemoulette posted:

How is the native SA version for Mac that's for sale at the App Store? How will it run on my late-2011 MBP? Can you use the shader packs that are out there with it?
I can play it pretty comfortably on a 2007 MBP so I'm sure it'll run on yours. There is an issue some people -- myself included, are having which is that the game stutters for about half a second every five seconds for some reason, mostly in outdoor areas. I've e-mailed Rockstar support about it but that didn't help at all.

It plays fine otherwise, and if you have a PS3 controller the Mac will support it with some fiddling and SA is completely playable with it. It's great.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, but I do that in games where there isn't a separate run button. Just tilt the stick slightly. MGS4 and Peace Walker for instance use it to great effect with sneaking. Having a face button for running/sprinting also means you lose control of the camera every time you run, which caused some really awkward moments in both GTAIV and RDR.

Slightly tilting the left stick gets old for me after like the first five minutes. These are long freakin' games if you're walking!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

They could just have a walk button instead.

Rascar
May 3, 2005
DICK

That loving Sned posted:

They could just have a walk button instead.

This man knows what is up. Just make it so that you can set it in the options screen whether the button makes you run or makes you walk.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Couple places are reporting that we'll be getting GTAV in October, and a new trailer is coming soon. :woop: Hopefully sometime this week at E3, although I don't recall R* doing much GTA stuff at E3 in the past.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

nemoulette posted:

I have a late 2011 MBP and the one on steam seems to run great, though I have only played for a few minutes. Haven't tried any shader tomfoolery.

Knightmare posted:

Couple places are reporting that we'll be getting GTAV in October, and a new trailer is coming soon. :woop: Hopefully sometime this week at E3, although I don't recall R* doing much GTA stuff at E3 in the past.

Yes. Yes. yes yes.

And I liked walking. GTAIV was probably the first openworld game I played that is detailed enough that walking is worthwhile. Everywhere there is something or someone to look at.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh wow, really? Coming out in October? Just like (with the exception of IV and TLaD) every GTA game ever?

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

October already? I really hope that's true, goddamn.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot
Zero GTA V in E3. This wait is going to suck. What's the extremely tentative release range?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Michael Scott posted:

Zero GTA V in E3. This wait is going to suck. What's the extremely tentative release range?

October 2012 to April 2013? There's really no way to know.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
How long is it supposed to take in TLaD to get the mission where Ray tries to kill you for stealing the diamond money? I've completed every mission so far, stolen half of the bikes for Angus, completed two of Stubb's mini-missions and I've done about 30 Gang Wars, but nothing. Grand Theft Wiki says that it'll automatically start after a few in-game days, but it's been about a week or so in-game.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
e - Ignore I've figured it out.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Jun 5, 2012

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Knightmare posted:

No loving way.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

closeted republican posted:

How long is it supposed to take in TLaD to get the mission where Ray tries to kill you for stealing the diamond money? I've completed every mission so far, stolen half of the bikes for Angus, completed two of Stubb's mini-missions and I've done about 30 Gang Wars, but nothing. Grand Theft Wiki says that it'll automatically start after a few in-game days, but it's been about a week or so in-game.

You dont have to do any of that stuff. Just do the main missions and make sure that your phone isn't on silent. Some missions won't activate if it is.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Release date: October
AAA Title Delay: 3 months
Rockstar polishing delay: 3months
pre-summer timing: 1 month
Release: May 2013

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Zedd posted:

Release date: October
AAA Title Delay: 3 months
Rockstar polishing delay: 3months
pre-summer timing: 1 month
Release: May 2013
PC Release Timing: 1 month
PC Release: June 2013

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

blackguy32 posted:

You dont have to do any of that stuff. Just do the main missions and make sure that your phone isn't on silent. Some missions won't activate if it is.

That's strange. I've done all of the missions so far, but I haven't received the text message yet. Pretty sure my phone isn't on silent because I've been getting several messages from Stubbs about his mini-missions, along with Jim occasionally telling me to bring Clay and Terry along for missions.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Zedicus Mann posted:

PC Release Timing: 1 month
PC Release: June 2013

When has it ever taken them 1 month to release the pc port? Isn't it normally 6 months minimum?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Do you mean GTA or Rockstar? They did manage to have MP3 out in less than a month after the console release.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The PC version always takes about six months. PC and PS3 version of the episodes took over a year, though that was probably from Microsoft paying so much to get them exclusive. Though, the other PC releases were screwed by exclusivity as well. GTA3 took a while, then Sony bought exclusive rights to Vice City so the PC version took forever on that as well. As long as no one is an rear end in a top hat, perhaps the PC version will come out soon after the console. Though it doesn't matter, I'll have to get it on 360 anyway, my computer isn't good enough to even run 4.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

God drat Lost And Damned has an ugly yellow filter. It's not subtle, either. If you stand in the doorway of your clubhouse looking outside, everything is covered in a white sunlight, but take one step outside and it instantly changes to yellow.

I can't even find a working ENB for 1.0.7.0 that don't look like complete rear end.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

There's also the grain noise thing, but that's configurable in settings.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

I can't even find a working ENB for 1.0.7.0 that don't look like complete rear end.

Just downgrade to 1.0.4.0. It's a pain, but the results are much better.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Figured out why "Was It Worth It?" wouldn't start; I needed to get Jim's friendship to a certain amount. All it took was one man date with him, and I got the message that let me start "Was It Worth It?" within a few minutes.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jun 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Just finished San Andreas with 23 hours of playtime. Stayed pretty fun and interesting the whole way through. Can't believe I waited this long to beat it. In terms of the ending I was pretty sad to see Big Smoke was too typed up on crack to come around, even when he was dying. I was hoping he would have still been the same lovable guy before the betrayal scene. That and CJ ended up losing Ryder and other old friends. On the flipside though, he gained a bit of real estate, friends, and responsibilities. Not to mention that Grove Street had returned to the glory days again.

But yeah, great game. Only regret being that I waited so long to beat it.

• Locked thread