Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLM
Mar 3, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Still the best documented incident of "the wrestling bubble".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Minitrue posted:

They don't seem to know much about day to day things or pop culture or anything outside of punchsports (and Dallas).
Then they have something in common with Vince then

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
Find out what the hot new jam is and whether the hot new jam is an actual phrase this week on Smart Wrestling Fan.

Also,

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRayPer posted:

and 90210. And all of these things are what Dave knows and not Bryan. Bryan knows what wrestling is, what jiu jitsu is and where you put your penis in a woman.

But that's all he knows about the female anatomy. Remember female ball shots not hurting?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

MassRayPer posted:

and 90210. And all of these things are what Dave knows and not Bryan. Bryan knows what wrestling is, what jiu jitsu is and where you put your penis in a woman.

Bryan knows about Bell Biv Devoe.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

LordPants posted:

But that's all he knows about the female anatomy. Remember female ball shots not hurting?
That was one of the strangest tangents he ever went on.

He also knows about chiropractors.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Classic Dave.txt

quote:

The weekend Galavision were the Rey Misterio & Rey Misterio Jr. & Transformer over Fuerza Guerrera & Juventud Guerrera & Psicosis match where Transformer suffered the career ending injury talked about last week (****1/4)

Strained my wrist the other day. **1/2

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Dave's ten minute soliloquy during the SmackDown spoilers discussion that somehow transitioned from talking about AJ and Punk to Arianny vs. the other UFC ring girls to WAHOO MCDANIEL was one of the great Observer Radio runs.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yeah I was just going to say, Dave's tangent on crazy chicks was fantastic. Bryan kept trying to steer the conversation away but Dave was like NO LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS BRYAN

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'm convinced at this point that Wrestling Observer Radio is just some bizarre social experiment.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Colt interviewed John Morrison for AOW

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

achillesforever6 posted:

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/
Colt interviewed John Morrison for AOW

The song of the week is pretty awesome in this episode.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Karmine posted:

I'm convinced at this point that Wrestling Observer Radio is just some bizarre social experiment.

Dave Meltzer isn't ready FOR PRIME TIME.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Huh. Bryan and Vinny actually liked this week's Impact and said it was lightyears better than Raw. I actually thought Raw was the better show this week for once. Impact was pretty dull.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

Huh. Bryan and Vinny actually liked this week's Impact and said it was lightyears better than Raw. I actually thought Raw was the better show this week for once. Impact was pretty dull.
Bryan finally cracked when Lesnar lost to Cena. I saw the description as "billions of times better than Raw" and decided not to bother with this week's.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I liked Impact more than most people on this board seemed to, but I'm not sure I'd classify it as "excellent" or "awesome", the first two adjectives I heard used to describe it.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I haven't finished todays Bryan and Vinny show yet but Granny just sort of matter-of-factly saying "this wasn't a very fun show," as she's about to get off the line was really funny to me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Was the February 4th 1991 Observer posted recently? I don't remember every seeing it. I stumbled upon it by accident today. Given that it is related to WWE's legal threats against newspapers I feel like it may have been posted this week and I just missed it. If you haven't read it, it is about the WWF's accusations of libel against Meltzer following a column he wrote for the National after Royal Rumble 91, the Gulf War angles and more drug stuff. It is a fascinating read.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Perigryn posted:

Bryan finally cracked when Lesnar lost to Cena. I saw the description as "billions of times better than Raw" and decided not to bother with this week's.

Well, it normally is billions of times better than Raw.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dshban posted:

Find out what the hot new jam is and whether the hot new jam is an actual phrase this week on Smart Wrestling Fan.

Also,

That is the worst thing ever.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Lamuella posted:

That is the worst thing ever.

That sort of negativity isn't like you.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

dshban posted:

Looking at that picture all I can think of is Ralph Bakshi doing a Simpsons/Coonskin crossover...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MassRayPer posted:

Was the February 4th 1991 Observer posted recently? I don't remember every seeing it. I stumbled upon it by accident today. Given that it is related to WWE's legal threats against newspapers I feel like it may have been posted this week and I just missed it. If you haven't read it, it is about the WWF's accusations of libel against Meltzer following a column he wrote for the National after Royal Rumble 91, the Gulf War angles and more drug stuff. It is a fascinating read.

It's been there for a year at least, it was the first of the retro observers posted, I think. I mean, if this is the one about the WWF getting pissy about Meltzer saying the Troops didn't want Hogan to visit and how the Slaughter angle was totally tasteless?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

It's been there for a year at least, it was the first of the retro observers posted, I think. I mean, if this is the one about the WWF getting pissy about Meltzer saying the Troops didn't want Hogan to visit and how the Slaughter angle was totally tasteless?

Yep, that's the one. I thought the retro ones started a bit later in 91, but I guess I just missed this one.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

A megahero to all.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

A megahero to all.

told u.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dshban posted:

should I upgrade to "I am indifferent to this thing"?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Whoever called in with the Chikara question today just sounded fat as hell on the phone. Sorry if that was a goon. :(

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.
My friends (and myself) are doing their weekly live podcast (TrashCast). All three of us are wrestlers and the two of them are big-time Juggalos. This is the eighth episode. Starts 8pm PST and can be heard here:

http://www.krymzonpain.com/radio.html

Their facebook fan-page also has plenty of information and content.

https://www.facebook.com/TrashCast

Beasley
Sep 20, 2008

You better get ready to die.

Beasley posted:

My friends (and myself) are doing their weekly live podcast (TrashCast). All three of us are wrestlers and the two of them are big-time Juggalos. This is the eighth episode. Starts 8pm PST and can be heard here:

http://www.krymzonpain.com/radio.html

Their facebook fan-page also has plenty of information and content.

https://www.facebook.com/TrashCast

This double-post is to inform you we are going live in just under 15 minutes!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

big-time Juggalos is probably the worst possible way you could've tried to sell most of this forum on that show

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 5, 2012

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

sportsgenius86 posted:

big-time Juggalos is probably the worst possibly way you could've tried to sell most of this forum on that show

Surely the worst way to sell most of humanity right?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Only Dave can compare something to itself and not come off as a fool.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Arbite posted:

Only Dave can compare something to itself and not come off as a fool.

Haha that was such an awkward segment, my god

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"If Vince's segment pulls a bad rating... jeez... maybe Cole'll have to wear, like, girl underwear, y'know?"

"...no."

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I love it when Observer Radio becomes avant-garde comedy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

"If Vince's segment pulls a bad rating... jeez... maybe Cole'll have to wear, like, girl underwear, y'know?"

"...no."

I totally missed this and I was even listening for it!

I must say I've loved all the legal coverage in the last week. Coughlin and today's F4D had fun breakdowns of the WWE/TNA case.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
To be fair, that wasn't an exact quote, but the important part was Bryan's completely nonplussed 'no', just desperately trying to move on to the next segment.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Saying he was the biggest star in Mexico is like.... WWE getting Sin Cara and saying he's bigger than El Santo!"

Gold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Bryan and Vinny today posted:

...plus a look at the 1990s VHS tape THE BEST OF BILL GOLDBERG, playing now on Classics on Demand~!
:neckbeard:

• Locked thread