Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

RazorBunny posted:

You're right, a thread about Leela would just be lots of "She made biscuits on me at 4 am again" and "Her meow is weird" and Nibbler's would be "He tried to attack my feet last night" and "His meow is weird" and that would get tedious.

"Balen just walked over and burped at me. I think it's dinner time. Please stop drooling on the computer."

"gently caress me, Amy's tongue is brown again."

"Balen just bashed his entire head into my chest while I was coughing. Thank you for trying to fix me, furryfuzzy"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Ires wriggled so hard she fell over"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I agree, the finer points of interesting posting are lost on PI

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Hey at the risk of tearing open fresh wounds, does anyone remember the conversation in this thread about dog privilege? Well I found a clip from a super awesome old movie that portrays cats as heros. If someone could point me to where I could purchase the full movie I would be grateful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZkZIMJSDVI

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS

notsoape posted:

All cats are basically the same (except for abominations like Trophy) so we don't need a million threads for each individual cat because as I just said all cats are basically the same (except for abominations like Trophy). Dogs on the other hand are special snowflakes, each and every one! :)

I'm sorry but Yeti is an awesome cat who does awesome things and starred in a video for our behavior service about cat training. :colbert:

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

"Balen just walked over and burped at me. I think it's dinner time. Please stop drooling on the computer."

"gently caress me, Amy's tongue is brown again."

"Balen just bashed his entire head into my chest while I was coughing. Thank you for trying to fix me, furryfuzzy"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Kaydee just barked"

"Ires wriggled so hard she fell over"

Sitka's would be

6:00am It is time for a run

6:15am No seriously, human, run time now.

6:30am I will wail until I either wake you up or the entire neighborhood, matters not to me!

6:45am-7:45am Run time is the best time

7:45-8:30am I love you and because I love you I will tolerate you brushing me but god dammit do I really want you to stop. I will lick your hands because I am so good I will not bite you even though I really, really want to.

8:30-9:00am Chasing the water from the hose is the best time

9:00am Breakfast! (that I may or may not eat depending on whether or not I think I can negotiate my way to human food.)

9:00-12:00 Nap time if we've run 6+ miles. Otherwise time to try to eat the neighbor's chickens

12-1pm Walk time is time to sniff all the things

1-3pm play with cats and/or nap time

3-4pm weight pull time is the best time

4-6pm nap time

6pm dinner!

7-8pm Evening walks are best because there are rabbits I can try to eat

9pm bed

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

Hahaha. Koji's is (when one of us is actually home for the day):

7:30 - "Go away. Sleeping."
8:00 - "Go away. Sleeping."
9:30 - "gently caress YOU Go away. Sleeping." *walks out of bedroom to go to the other bed in the living room*
9:45 - "Walk time? I like walks, but first, let me sample everything in my breakfast I didn't want an hour ago."
10:00 - "I POOPED ON THE WALK AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR CRAZY RUNNING IN THE LIVING ROOM BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK"
10:15 - ??? - "Go away. Sleeping."
6:30 - "Give me your food~"
6:45 - "You did not give me food, so I will demand my own by ringing my food bowl."
7:00 - 10:00 - "Go away. Sleeping."
11:00 - 1:30 - "SOMEONE IS STILL UP TIME TO BARK AND TRY TO PLAY WHAT ARE NEIGHBORS?!"

Days at the dog park usually end with "I smell awesome now." and he's out for the rest of the day.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Got home from work earlier to find some dried blood spots on the floor, including one large patch. The ferrets are all accounted for in their cage and the cat was confirmed to be spotless after a thorough flip-him-around-a-bunch-of-times examination that he did not much care for. At first I was concerned he had peed blood again, but then I realized that my house doesn't smell like cat piss and the scent of the stuff was just coppery.

The obvious explanation is that the cat hurt himself somehow and diligently cleaned all the evidence off himself to save face, but wasn't willing to lick the floor clean. He's got an impenetrable poker face, though, so I doubt I'll ever get the truth out of him. :colbert:

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
Shadow's life consists of napping, sometimes eating, and walks. That's it, not really exciting enough to outline. :saddowns:

ATTN: ToastFaceKiller

They finally have the Bullies and Chrome shirt kind of ready to go, it's not 100% complete, but here it is: http://i.imgur.com/FS7l9.jpg

If you would like a free one please PM me your size and address. :)

For those not in the know, TFK was super nice enough to draw a picture for our t-shirt for an upcoming event. :3: You should all buy one. :colbert:

(And yes I know our website kind of sucks, we don't have an actual fancy website person.)

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, Feldman's not got an exciting life.

6:00am-The Woman is up time to get up and take a walk, I get to pee and eat all the flowers and leaves I want! Haha trying to take it from me? Watch me clench my jaws SO HARD.

6:30-9:30am-More sleep time feels good man zzz

9:30am- Oh The Boy is up time to get up. Hey breakfast gonna scarf it down so fast. Time to walk and make a poop, which I will kick for some loving reason woof. Also yum flowers and leaves! Oh a bee! *snap snap bark snap* gently caress YOU BEE I'LL GET YOU ONE DAY!

10:00am-4:00pm-Hey lets take the occasional walk. I will let you know it's time to do this by making you think I have to poop, when in fact I don't! gently caress you walk me! Also time to sleep, occasionally chewing on a toy or licking The Boys feet, but mostly sleeping.

4:30pm-10:00pm-Hey The Mom is home time to play with her. Whats that you're eating dinner give me some hey that bag is in the wrong place BARKBARKBARKBARKBA-oh you put it away thanks man.

GoreJess
Aug 4, 2004

pretty in pink
Yeah, Cambria's days are incredibly unexciting.

6:15 - Hey mom, wake up. Wake up! Wake up! I need to go pee & sniff every blade of grass in the yard.
6:30 - Yay! Breakfast!
6:45 - 8:00 - Back in bed for more sleep
8:00 - Yay! Peanut butter kong!
8:15 - 5:00 - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Sooooo sleepy...
5:00 - Yay! Dad you're home! I missed you so much! Take me outside I need to poop!
5:15 - 7:00 - Sooooo sleepy
7:00 - Hey lady, yeah you there, feed me my dinner. I'm wasting away over here.
7:15 - the next day - I worked so hard today, I should sleep for another 10 hours.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

El Gar posted:

Look, I'm the first to understand cosmetic preferences in animals. I own a purebread cat for pete's sake. I just didn't get the vitriol I was seeing absent a medical reason. One was provided so now I understand. I'm sorry you can't let any little tiny thing go, dog people.

Also the Trophy thread was already written up this morning I was just waiting till I'd gone to the gym and lunch before posting it. Funny coincidences all up in PI today.

No you see shaving a double coated breed is dog abuse and people should feel bad so here is my seven paragraph thesis on the matter. Going to nail this to my local groomer's door.

EDIT: I grew up with a fixed double coated dog who we never shaved, just brushed. She never was bothered by heat or cold and at one point in time would fight with us to stay outside in the middle of the day in Texas. My current dog is double coated and has no tolerance for heat. If its 80 or above he pants like he is going to pass out (even when we first walk outside) and refuses to spend any length of time outside when its that hot. Am I going to shave him? No. Can I give him a kiddie pool if we had to be out all day? No, he hates getting wet. At the end of the day there's a lot more variability than people are willing to admit.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jun 5, 2012

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
It's not dog abuse and I won't go for pages and pages screaming about it like some people (:psyduck:) but it does make your dog look loving retarded and IMO, its the lazy owners way of dealing with heat. It's really not all that difficult to keep a dog cool without making it look like a butt.

That's all I have to say on shaving. And I won't post Keeper's 'daily life' because he doesn't do anything of interest aside from being a dog.

ETA: I think people can do what they like with their own dogs. Obviously not everyone agrees it ruins the coat or puts them at higher risk for sunburn but for my own spectrum; a) every link I can find says that and b) that's what my own vets and groomers have unanimously agreed upon, so I'll always advise against it if someone posts asking about whether or not to shave. You buttify your own dogs all you like, but I'll keep mine looking normal, thanks.

Captain Foxy fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jun 5, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Captain Foxy posted:

It's not dog abuse and I won't go for pages and pages screaming about it like some people (:psyduck:) but it does make your dog look loving retarded and IMO, its the lazy owners way of dealing with heat. It's really not all that difficult to keep a dog cool without making it look like a butt.

That's all I have to say on shaving. And I won't post Keeper's 'daily life' because he doesn't do anything of interest aside from being a dog.

Do you not have some sort of elaborate inner monolog that Keeper must have?

Dancingthroughlife
Dec 15, 2009

Will dance for cupcakes
Anyone else have a cat that's so lazy they have to lay down to eat?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

wtftastic posted:

KILL KILL KILL is all I got before the intense headaches and screaming started.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Bash Ironfist posted:

Yeah, Feldman's not got an exciting life.

6:00am-The Woman is up time to get up and take a walk, I get to pee and eat all the flowers and leaves I want! Haha trying to take it from me? Watch me clench my jaws SO HARD.

6:30-9:30am-More sleep time feels good man zzz

9:30am- Oh The Boy is up time to get up. Hey breakfast gonna scarf it down so fast. Time to walk and make a poop, which I will kick for some loving reason woof. Also yum flowers and leaves! Oh a bee! *snap snap bark snap* gently caress YOU BEE I'LL GET YOU ONE DAY!

10:00am-4:00pm-Hey lets take the occasional walk. I will let you know it's time to do this by making you think I have to poop, when in fact I don't! gently caress you walk me! Also time to sleep, occasionally chewing on a toy or licking The Boys feet, but mostly sleeping.

4:30pm-10:00pm-Hey The Mom is home time to play with her. Whats that you're eating dinner give me some hey that bag is in the wrong place BARKBARKBARKBARKBA-oh you put it away thanks man.

Don't lie. It's more like:

6am-5:59am: Eat everything in sight! Everything is great!

Oh poo poo, why does my stomach hurt? Oh hi mister vet! How're you? Why are you smiling so much? What's a yacht?

Oh man, we're going on a bus ride! What's a poor house? I can't wait to see!
-

Keeper just has Zoolander constantly playing in his head.

Citizen Rat
Jan 17, 2005

wtftastic posted:

You are very upset that people have found a new thing to run into the ground. Next it will be cat litter. Are you going to be very upset about the cat litter thing?

Also, did I miss how this thread was suddenly Super Serious Business All The Time rather than random nonsense? People are amused by posting their pet's schedule; at least we don't need to post a whole new thread for them.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Citizen Rat posted:

You are very upset that people have found a new thing to run into the ground. Next it will be cat litter. Are you going to be very upset about the cat litter thing?

Also, did I miss how this thread was suddenly Super Serious Business All The Time rather than random nonsense? People are amused by posting their pet's schedule; at least we don't need to post a whole new thread for them.

I'm not upset, I think the daily schedules are cute? I mean hell, I joke that my dog turns the gravity off when I leave because occasionally he gets things into weird places in my apartment.

I'm sorry I don't agree with you on the shaving thing but that doesn't mean I am a no fun meanie.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
Pippa:

12am-11:59pm: *silence* derp.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Topoisomerase posted:

Pippa:

12am-11:59pm: *silence* derp.

A blissful derp existence.

The Prismatic Goth
May 31, 2001

Remember way back up thread when we were talking about taxidermy & things we (jokingly or not) want to do after our pets die?

I think I found the ultimate answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HnwhGgsgXc

Edit: VVV :smug: :hfive:

The Prismatic Goth fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 5, 2012

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...cnlwYWdl;_ylv=3

Dead cat turned into a quadcopter. What the hell is wrong with people.

Edit: :lol: Really?

Invalid Octopus
Jun 30, 2008

When is dinner?
I'm making a gundogge (spaniels, retrievers, setters, pointers) thread and if any of you people have an exceedingly clever or funny name for it, I would like to hear it.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

Don't Shoot the Dog, Shoot the Bird

that's basically all I know of gun dog hunting hth

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Point, flush, or carry it in your mouth.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Invalid Octopus posted:

I'm making a gundogge (spaniels, retrievers, setters, pointers) thread and if any of you people have an exceedingly clever or funny name for it, I would like to hear it.

Hot lead and soft mouths.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Skizzles posted:

Shadow's life consists of napping, sometimes eating, and walks. That's it, not really exciting enough to outline. :saddowns:

ATTN: ToastFaceKiller

They finally have the Bullies and Chrome shirt kind of ready to go, it's not 100% complete, but here it is: http://i.imgur.com/FS7l9.jpg

If you would like a free one please PM me your size and address. :)

For those not in the know, TFK was super nice enough to draw a picture for our t-shirt for an upcoming event. :3: You should all buy one. :colbert:

(And yes I know our website kind of sucks, we don't have an actual fancy website person.)

Yay! I had been wondering about that. I'm really glad they liked it :3:

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
Indy's day is more of a decision-making flowchart than a schedule:

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I like to see other people's pets on Facebook. Usually it's my college advisor's adorable malamutes, which is great, or my friends fabulous black cat, Professor Oak.

But now, suddenly, a former classmate of mine is posting about her *~*AdOrAbLe*~* TEACUP POMERANIAN that her boyfriend bought for her. It was lovely at first, because the thing is loving tiny and weird looking, but today I found out that the puppy is only TWO WEEKS OLD. :what:

Why does she have it already at two weeks? Where is its mother?? Why did her boyfriend think it was a good idea to buy her a deformed, possibly unweaned puppy as a present??? Whyyyyyyyy????

:cripes:

Fake edit: Just saw this: "I didn't know the owners weren't supposed to sell him to me [at two weeks old]!" ...well, that would be why you learn about puppies before you buy one.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

curlingiron posted:

"I didn't know the owners weren't supposed to sell him to me [at two weeks old]!" ...well, that would be why you learn about puppies before you buy one.

Holy poo poo how can you not even know the most basic thing ever about Getting a Puppy. Even getting it at a crappy six weeks would be preferable. Girl sounds like a genuine dog-idiot.

Topoisomerase
Apr 12, 2007

CULTURE OF VICIOUSNESS
I kind of doubt that the puppy is actually 2 weeks old..

Tamarillo
Aug 6, 2009
Steezo I'm late to the party commenting on this but your cat is the most ridiculously and hilariously fluffy thing I have ever seen. He's like a haystack with a face! Is he a particular breed (like a Birman on HAIRY HAIRY STEROIDS) or is he just a mix of every single fluffy cat plus cotton trees and candy floss?

Riiseli
Apr 10, 2011
I'm not a BYB because I live in an apartment.

Topoisomerase posted:

I kind of doubt that the puppy is actually 2 weeks old..
This.

These are 3 weeks old: http://youtu.be/MfqXP4LAlwA
And they are pretty advanced as far as movement goes, about half a week ahead of the curve at this age when compared to toller puppies. So I doubt a two week old teacup pomeranian would actually walk at all. (Mind you they progress rapidly so 16 days can be a lot different from 14.)

WolfensteinBag
Aug 7, 2003

So it was all your work?

El Gar posted:

This.

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

El Gar posted:

Thirded.

After all this hubbub about my dog's coat, I think I'll post a picture timeline of him in the primitive breeds thread detailing how (and if!) his coat grows back. Also thanks for the concern, but there will be no throwing the dog outside to fend for himself. I live in an apartment in the city.

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

Riiseli posted:

This.

These are 3 weeks old: http://youtu.be/MfqXP4LAlwA
And they are pretty advanced as far as movement goes, about half a week ahead of the curve at this age when compared to toller puppies. So I doubt a two week old teacup pomeranian would actually walk at all. (Mind you they progress rapidly so 16 days can be a lot different from 14.)

I have seen no evidence that the dog can walk, and it is MUCH smaller than those puppies. It is also supposedly the runt, but seriously, the thing is about as big as a medium sized potato, or small guinea pig.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
For those who follow Kikopup and care, her girlfriend's adopting an abandoned lurcher puppy, which means lurcher training videos soon. :3:

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

Skizzles posted:

For those who follow Kikopup and care, her girlfriend's adopting an abandoned lurcher puppy, which means lurcher training videos soon. :3:

:swoon:

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Fact: It gets so disgustingly hot here in Texas that cats sometimes start to melt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?
Speaking of lurchers...

13 months :3:

• Locked thread