Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Dr. Faustus posted:

A) Rogaine barely does anything, and Howard does not have male pattern baldness, nor anything like a bald spot.
B) I have greying hair, but you can't see it from a distance. You have to be up close to see that I have lots and lots of individual platinum-white strands mixed into my normal brown colored hair. Howard has the same thing in his normal black hair. There is zero reason to believe he uses any hair dye and plenty or reason to believe he doesn't. Black hair dye makes your whole wig super black, and just for men makes it uniform as well.

You people who think Howard wears a wig or dyes his hair are just plain wrong. You can tell for sure just by watching AGT.

I don't know what is actually happening with Howard's hair, but it's definitely odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

prefect posted:

I don't know what is actually happening with Howard's hair, but it's definitely odd.

LMAO @ his pink puma tanktop.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.

mcmagic posted:

LMAO @ his pink puma tanktop.

Think you might be colorblind. That's blue and white.

And his hair is clearly tucked up into a cap, like a swimming cap.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

E: somehow posted 'Q' while delivering pizza, my bad

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Dr. Faustus posted:

A) Rogaine barely does anything, and Howard does not have male pattern baldness, nor anything like a bald spot.
B) I have greying hair, but you can't see it from a distance. You have to be up close to see that I have lots and lots of individual platinum-white strands mixed into my normal brown colored hair. Howard has the same thing in his normal black hair. There is zero reason to believe he uses any hair dye and plenty or reason to believe he doesn't. Black hair dye makes your whole wig super black, and just for men makes it uniform as well.

You people who think Howard wears a wig or dyes his hair are just plain wrong. You can tell for sure just by watching AGT.

But that would require me to watch more AGT, which is loving terrible.
Though the HD cameras on AGT make me think he's gotten more surgery done on his face. The dude does not look like a 58 year old man. He looks younger than my dad for christ's sake.

fuzzi
Oct 14, 2002
His hair is also a uniform color on AGT. I haven't actually watched it but from the stills, his hair just seems too uniform to me. And it's not black.... there's a shade of red in there that looks to me like a dye job on reddish grayish hair.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
The only funny thing about his wig/hair is busting his balls about it, not taking it to the pretend internet batcave to analyze it.

You could totally stuff all his hair into a hat, more so if he didn't have it primped or curled or whatever.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

AxeManiac posted:

The only funny thing about his wig/hair is busting his balls about it, not taking it to the pretend internet batcave to analyze it.

You could totally stuff all his hair into a hat, more so if he didn't have it primped or curled or whatever.

I think he folds it so much that when he takes off the hat inside the chimney house, it resembles an origami crane.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
My lady is having a girl's night, so I'm home tonight working on models, and watching the Jeff the Drunk, Stuck On You contest.
It's done two things, it's made me laugh my rear end off, and it's made me miss pre-fat angry jerk Artie.

Also, the show needs way more Jeff the Drunk.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Jeff is horrible without big fat Artie loving with him, Howard just coddles him or ignores him.

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.
Unrelated to anything being discussed: I was amused to catch the fine print of AGT on Tuesday during the closing credits that mentions the million-dollar prize is "paid as an annuity over 40 years." I was struck stupid and decided to Google. And yep, that's what happens.

Don't get me wrong--I'd happily take an extra $25,000 a year for what amounts to the rest of my life. But I do find it kind of ridiculous on NBC's part. The massive conglomerate wants to collect interest on the million or what? So strange.

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Unrelated to anything being discussed: I was amused to catch the fine print of AGT on Tuesday during the closing credits that mentions the million-dollar prize is "paid as an annuity over 40 years." I was struck stupid and decided to Google. And yep, that's what happens.

Don't get me wrong--I'd happily take an extra $25,000 a year for what amounts to the rest of my life. But I do find it kind of ridiculous on NBC's part. The massive conglomerate wants to collect interest on the million or what? So strange.

Why would they collect interest? It's because that value of a million dollars will become worth less and less because of inflation over time.

Qaz Kwaz
Jul 24, 2003
What's your email? I've got some shitty posts that you NEED to read.
Robin Quivers (@rqui) RETURNS MONDAY, according to Tim "Cookies are my Weakness" Sabean.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

There are so many projects and initiatives going on around these channels!

They were created by man, we can solve them by man.

And how about the poo poo Show?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

I'm sure there are dozens of firms willing to buy the annuity off contestants for its present value minus a small fee. Better to get $250,000 now than 25k/year for life.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Well presumably, winning the contest will also lead to a lot of other offers in show business. That Terry Fator guy has a crazy lucrative gig in Vegas now.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

RoughDraft2.0 posted:

Speaking as someone that works for one, massive conglomerates are cheap as poo poo and it's not like the mental-defectives on this show are going to refuse to enter because the prize is a bad deal.

There were signs up for a ventriloquist that won AGT everywhere last time I was in Vegas three or so years ago, has anyone else that won the show accomplished anything?

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jun 4, 2012

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
WET

oval office

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Irish Joe posted:

I'm sure there are dozens of firms willing to buy the annuity off contestants for its present value minus a small fee. Better to get $250,000 now than 25k/year for life.

I dunno, 40 years of "You will probably be able to afford a place to live" is pretty nice for creative types who want to focus on their craft.

Can't wait to hear if Robin is okay, if she is back that quick I'd assume it wasn't that bad of an ordeal or she is really hungry for air time.

RoughDraft2.0
Mar 8, 2007

We really like your car, Mrs. LaRusso.

AxeManiac posted:

Can't wait to hear if Robin is okay, if she is back that quick I'd assume it wasn't that bad of an ordeal or she is really hungry for air time.

They said "procedure," I think, not "surgery," so I'm thinking it was some kind of biopsy that was outpatient. If she had a major operation--particularly with the kind of bladder-altering stuff that was discussed--I don't think she'd be back on the air in 10 days.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Robin's actually on the ISDN line this morning from home. She briefly talked about her surgery right at the start of the show, just saying it was a major surgery to remove a mass.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
It's 7:30 EST. Is this Jenny McCarthy on air right now? It sounds nothing like her -- she sounds like a heavy smoker.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Kelly posted:

It sounds nothing like her -- she sounds like a heavy smoker.

That was my first reaction as well.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Kelly posted:

It's 7:30 EST. Is this Jenny McCarthy on air right now? It sounds nothing like her -- she sounds like a heavy smoker.

If Howard doesn't give her nothing but poo poo, I'm calling Howard's death.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

AxeManiac posted:

If Howard doesn't give her nothing but poo poo, I'm calling Howard's death.

Yeah it was ponderous to listen to. She deserves an endless amount of poo poo.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
So did I hear right that Howard was defending Kathie Lee in respect to her interview with Martin Short? And that he thought Short should apologize to her? And his reasoning for this was?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

porkfriedrice posted:

So did I hear right that Howard was defending Kathie Lee in respect to her interview with Martin Short? And that he thought Short should apologize to her? And his reasoning for this was?

I think Beth has been on Kathie Lee's show, hasn't she?

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

prefect posted:

I think Beth has been on Kathie Lee's show, hasn't she?

Howard made up with Kathie Lee. But yeah, from what I heard, Kathie Lee was totally in the wrong.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

musclecoder posted:

Howard made up with Kathie Lee. But yeah, from what I heard, Kathie Lee was totally in the wrong.

I have watched the clip, and ya its totally on her and I guess the only way to put any blame on Short is the fact that he could have just stopped her and said "hey bitch my wife is dead" but he went along with it and kept answering questions.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
God drat it Howard... I don't want to quit the show... I just... oh man. When is George Takei coming back? It would be nice to finally have a real male presences on the show again.

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

porkfriedrice posted:

I didn't listen to Stern today, but is he really trying to make it into a thing? She apologized and Short even said that it was a harmless mistake.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Greekonomics posted:

I didn't listen to Stern today, but is he really trying to make it into a thing? She apologized and Short even said that it was a harmless mistake.
He didn't think it was a big deal but that most people would mention their wife was dead and not keep going.

Mike Tahoe
May 21, 2007

He knows what it means.
I didn't think I could dislike Jenny McCarthy any more than I already did, but today's interview proved me wrong. On the plus side, it was awesome to hear Joe Walsh again.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

He didn't think it was a big deal but that most people would mention their wife was dead and not keep going.

Short knew that if he corrected her that it would just kill the interview. He probably sensed nervousness or an inability to deal with that sort of mistake and just went with it. I have to hand it to him: he did it incredibly well, and shows how skilled of a performer he is. Even if you don't find him funny, he handled it with remarkable grace.

Then again, most people from SCTV are pretty awesome to begin with.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mike Tahoe posted:

I didn't think I could dislike Jenny McCarthy any more than I already did, but today's interview proved me wrong. On the plus side, it was awesome to hear Joe Walsh again.

I remember some kid in my first grade class had a last name of Walsh, and I asked him if he was related to Joe Walsh. I didn't exactly know who Joe Walsh was, other than some guy being interviewed on the radio. What I'm saying is the show hasn't changed its guests much in 22 years.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Robin is a trouper. If Howard needed surgery he would take 2012 off.

Jarthus
Feb 25, 2008
I cannot believe Howard went to a movie theater by himself with filthy commoners. Of course he was unable to deal with even the smallest human annoyances and interactions.

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

Joan Rivers today can only mean Leslie West tomorrow.

I even used to like Joan coming in, when it was once a year.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

Jarthus posted:

I cannot believe Howard went to a movie theater by himself with filthy commoners. Of course he was unable to deal with even the smallest human annoyances and interactions.

This was some sort of public screening for celebrities right? It wasn't a movie where you'd actually have to pay for a ticket and sit in a theater with people who aren't Lindsay Lohan?

I heard part of the Jenny McCarthy interview. She still tries way too hard to be cool with all her blowjob talk. I bet I missed the parts where she talked about picking her nose and farting. I think I heard an interview once where claimed that she should get credit for the success of jack-rear end because she was a gross-out humor pioneer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Spacemonkey57 posted:

I think I heard an interview once where claimed that she should get credit for the success of jack-rear end because she was a gross-out humor pioneer.
Hot chicks think they are funny b/c guys laugh uproariously at anything they do/say that is mildly comedic. It's not really their fault; they are just surrounded by horny "yes men"