Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Where are you seeing just 8 players on that? I look at that image and it seems to show a lot of IP addresses, and many more coordinations for meteor impacts. There is only one thing in the image that shows only 8 of something, and that's the second screen down on the right side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010

IUG posted:

Where are you seeing just 8 players on that? I look at that image and it seems to show a lot of IP addresses, and many more coordinations for meteor impacts. There is only one thing in the image that shows only 8 of something, and that's the second screen down on the right side.

That's what we're talking about. It shows an eight planet incipishere. The incipishere has been represented in that style in other places, too.

Doug Rattman
Sep 10, 2011

Formerly known as Doug Rattman

Could the spirographs in this panel possible represent Universes A1, A2, B1, B2, and the UU/uu universe?

From now on, I think we should call the UU/uu universe U1.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Doug Rattman posted:

Could the spirographs in this panel possible represent Universes A1, A2, B1, B2, and the UU/uu universe?

From now on, I think we should call the UU/uu universe U1.

Pretty sure that at that time Hussie had no concept of UU/uu at all, and no details about what happened with the trolls, or hell, what they were.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Wasn't there a hidden track on the first troll album named UU's Theme? I get the impression that he had ideas floating around for the character for a long time.

That was still well after the eight-player session image though, so it's hard to say exactly when UU first popped into his head.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Thundarr posted:

Wasn't there a hidden track on the first troll album named UU's Theme? I get the impression that he had ideas floating around for the character for a long time.

There was, but that was because of theorizing by Radiation if I remember correctly.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Thundarr posted:

That was still well after the eight-player session image though, so it's hard to say exactly when UU first popped into his head.

That was entirely Radiation messing with the fans. The idea of a thirteenth troll who goes by UU has been around since before Hivebent, both because of Ophiucus and because it would make 4 kids and 13 trolls.

Andrew used to say that "90% of calling it is actually influencing it", so who even knows at this point.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
If I recall correctly, there was a whole lot of silly ~13th troll~ theorizing going around at the time, and "UU" were popular initials to attach to this hypothetical figure; Radiation was just playing off that, I think. (I wouldn't be surprised if that influenced Hussie's later decisions in introducing UU/uu, though, given the whole weird fandom theme they have going on.)

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Flash update! Also, secret DARKCAGE hidden in the upper right.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

And another loop closed.

Should have just put the bunny back into the box, really.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
There's a message here somewhere. I know if I just stare hard enough, I'll understand it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Roger Explosion posted:

There's a message here somewhere. I know if I just stare hard enough, I'll understand it.

New shirt?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
Armageddon, Weekend at Bernie's, and Con-air, all combined into one (boner) joke.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
"Bowman :allears:" is pretty much all I can manage to think or say about this shocking turn of events.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Shirt that I think used to be in production but isn't anymore. It's the first print on this page.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Walliard posted:

Shirt that I think used to be in production but isn't anymore. It's the first print on this page.

It's also the cover of the Homestuck 2012 Calendar!

Is there a list of discontinued shirts anywhere?

EDIT: vvvvv
Also cool.

life_source fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 6, 2012

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

"you found a fistful of rice-krispies"

Walliard posted:

I actually bought it from Lexxy's personal store a while back, before the WP shirt store even existed. She got permission from Andrew to sell her own HS prints + shirts, all of which I think are still available on the print page. I'm not sure if it was ever in the WP store at all in any form other than a print, actually.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Really makes you think how long the bunny has been around in this webcomic.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ferroque posted:

Really makes you think how long the bunny has been around in this webcomic.

Something like the 132nd page.

How many pages are we at now? 4000?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Something like the 132nd page.

How many pages are we at now? 4000?

5000+

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
We broke 5000 pages during Aranea's last rant, I believe.

e: The latest panel is #5027, to be precise.

YggiDee fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 6, 2012

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
That photo of Andrew and random other person was very bizarre. Are those supposed to be beagle aegises?

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...

Lord of Laughton posted:

That photo of Andrew and random other person was very bizarre. Are those supposed to be beagle aegises?

It's Radiation, and I have no idea.

Did that show every panel with the bunny in B1?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I haven't been this frightened since Equius: Seek the highb100d.

Also I have been waiting forever for that song to be used, and even though I am sad it got fast-forwarded through mostly, I'm just happy he used it. (I was really hoping for it to be used in a mock End-Of-Act Flash like How Do I Live was, except have a lot of serious things happen during it.) Either way, just looking at Terry Kiser turn into Liv Tyler in the Green Sun is hilarious.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Random thought of the night: Still thinking about jujus.

Cal is definitely one. If we're to assume that a convoluted path through history is the main definition, we could guess that you could apply the label to Sassacre's book, Jaspers, the bunny, and Eridan's rifle.

If we assume the main definition is a personal "something" that cannot be copied, only moved, I wonder if Vriska's dice are going to turn out to be one of them, after more info is revealed. We never found out how her Ancestor got them, and this conversation with John reminds us how personal they are to Vriska. And the passing of the dice seems like an important moment in passing of responsibility / ability to act.

quote:

AG: One way or another, I think this will 8e my last 8ig challenge as a gamer.
AG: As such, I would like to pass my dice on to you.
AG: It is very important to me that they stay in good hands, John. That you continue their legacy, and that of my ancestor.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 6, 2012

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Is it just me or did that last flash give off a really loving ominous vibe? I'm just sitting here being creeped the hell out. :gonk:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Is it just me or did that last flash give off a really loving ominous vibe? I'm just sitting here being creeped the hell out. :gonk:

... I have a really hard time thinking of an ironically crappy cover of I Don't Want To Miss A Thing as "ominous" in any way. Unless you're talking about the hidden flash, which isn't canon anyway.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Bowman will always be John's singing voice in my head. This seemed a little indulgent just for the robo-bunny, but I can't say it wasn't fun.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I can't believe I forgot until just now that the bunny had perished in the green sun explosion.

That's really sad. :(

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I loved the hidden flash, didn't care for the bunny montage. I didn't mind the montage itself, but I got acquainted with the mute button very quickly. I can't stand Bowman's singing, it's loving ear poison.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Regy Rusty posted:

I can't believe I forgot until just now that the bunny had perished in the green sun explosion.

That's really sad. :(

The bunny is like Marvin: due to temporal shenanigans, it is far older than it has any business being. It earned its rest.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If only someone would replace those diodes in his right side...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Thundarr posted:

The bunny is like Marvin: due to temporal shenanigans, it is far older than it has any business being. It earned its rest.
I'm guessing the two bunnies in B2 are alternate, scratched bunnies. But even in that case the bunny is at a very minimum 37 years old (12 years from Con Air to John getting it, 13 years of Rose owning it and at least 12 years of Jade owning it before she started this plan with Jake, how long Jake had it who goddamn knows).

So yeah, in stuffed animal years that bunny was ancient.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dolash posted:

This seemed a little indulgent just for the robo-bunny, but I can't say it wasn't fun.

Don't forget that the Robo-Bunny is partially responsible for everything bad that has happened in Homestuck, also Bowman is appropriate for everything.

Thundarr posted:

That was entirely Radiation messing with the fans, but at the same time I really hope it gets used in UU/uu's introductory flash. It's just so great.

Fagtastic
Apr 9, 2009

I may have sucked robodick, fucked a robot in the exhaust, been fucked by robots & enjoy it to the exclusion of human partners; at least I'm not a goddamn :roboluv:
Darkcage doesn't seem to be working.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

This is all a big fakeout and the bunnie is gonna pop out of the Green Sun wearing a brightly colored overcoat.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Bobulus posted:

If we assume the main definition is a personal "something" that cannot be copied, only moved, I wonder if Vriska's dice are going to turn out to be one of them, after more info is revealed. We never found out how her Ancestor got them, and this conversation with John reminds us how personal they are to Vriska. And the passing of the dice seems like an important moment in passing of responsibility / ability to act.

Well technically her dice did get copied when she gave the captcha code to John.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
RIP Terry. You will be missed.

This flash also reminded me how good those expressions on Rose and Dave are. Seriously some of my favourite art assets there.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

YF-23 posted:

Well technically her dice did get copied when she gave the captcha code to John.

Copying is permitted, it's just that the "soul" of the item only goes into one of the two copies. So, like, when Cal was copied with the B1 and B2 Dirks, B1-Cal got that spirit that was carried onward, and B2-Cal was "dead".

Similarly, Vriska is passing on her responsibility and "irons in the fires" and power to John, metaphorically. After this, she stops trying to interfere with kids session and goes after Jack Noir, assuming it will be a suicide mission.

\/ Eh, those two things are already related in a different direction. The Green Sun is green because green uranium is a thing in the comic, and it represents power. At the same time, WV likes to eat green things, both because of his garden (destroyed in a show of power) and because it sets up Jack wounding him when he eats the uranium. WV liking green things is also why he ate the bunny's eye.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
So, there's a Green Sun.

Somewhere in the middle of that sun is a robotic entity with a red eye that has the ability to shrink something. Interesting too that the removed eye was a green one.

Just a thought.