Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

ok now imagine that the girl realised before they set off that it wasnt locked in and was trying to signal the operator who then just cheerfully sent her to her death

Shockwave
On August 23, 1999, a 20-year-old man from Long Island, NY became free of his restraints while on this roller coaster and fell to his death. An investigation showed that the ride restraints were working properly and were still secured when the train returned to the station. Less than one year later, a 13-year-old boy, concerned that he was not properly fastened into his restraints, intentionally slipped out of them as the train was ascending the lift hill. He jumped onto the adjacent maintenance catwalk and escaped serious injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
people from new jersey are sociopaths that have no idea how to behave in public

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

AtomD posted:

Shockwave
On August 23, 1999, a 20-year-old man from Long Island, NY became free of his restraints while on this roller coaster and fell to his death. An investigation showed that the ride restraints were working properly and were still secured when the train returned to the station. Less than one year later, a 13-year-old boy, concerned that he was not properly fastened into his restraints, intentionally slipped out of them as the train was ascending the lift hill. He jumped onto the adjacent maintenance catwalk and escaped serious injury.
kid owns
i hope he just sat there until after it got into station and the operator went all :stare:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

got dat wmd posted:

there's a cool place in vermont with an alpine slide and this weird thing where you drive offroad gokarts down a mountain. poo poo's cool

the one rule of alpine slides: wear long sleeves and pants

i know this from experience :v:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I went down the giant slide in new york's new museum last year

they made you sit on a protective sheet but it still banged the hell out of my elbows at the end

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

got dat wmd posted:

people are sociopaths that have no idea how to behave in public

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
On February 2, 2009, Way challenged Bow Wow to a race in their Lamborghinis and claimed Bow Wow's Lamborghini was a rental.[70] On February 4, 2009 Bow Wow proved that he owned his Lamborghini and said "its halloween in Bankhead for you everyday nigga..you scared..you all nervous and poo poo". Way responded on twitter by saying "HE hosed UP!!!! IM BOUT TO SHITTTT ON THIS NIGGA!! LOL!!!!!".[71] On February 7, 2009 both artist sent diss songs to each other such as Way's "gently caress Bow Wow" & Bow Wow's "What I Think About You".[72] Later that day during a phone conversation both rappers settled their differences.[73]

On December 28, 2010, Fabolous during a radio interview commented on the claim that Way does cocaine, saying "pretty boy swag but never coke my nose though",[74] a reference to Way's song "Pretty Boy Swag. "Soulja Boy went on a tirade[75] on Twitter in response, saying "I ignore dis foo like 5x before this. gently caress that. If you send some niggaz to spray me @myfabolouslife at least I die I real nigga gently caress you boy." 50 Cent also took to Twitter to say, "leave him the f*** alone before somebody get hurt." Way and Fabolous ended their beef on a radio interview.[76]

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

what the hell kind of diss track is called "What I Think About You"?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

got dat wmd posted:

On February 2, 2009, Way challenged Bow Wow to a race in their Lamborghinis and claimed Bow Wow's Lamborghini was a rental.[70] On February 4, 2009 Bow Wow proved that he owned his Lamborghini and said "its halloween in Bankhead for you everyday nigga..you scared..you all nervous and poo poo". Way responded on twitter by saying "HE hosed UP!!!! IM BOUT TO SHITTTT ON THIS NIGGA!! LOL!!!!!".[71] On February 7, 2009 both artist sent diss songs to each other such as Way's "gently caress Bow Wow" & Bow Wow's "What I Think About You".[72] Later that day during a phone conversation both rappers settled their differences.[73]

On December 28, 2010, Fabolous during a radio interview commented on the claim that Way does cocaine, saying "pretty boy swag but never coke my nose though",[74] a reference to Way's song "Pretty Boy Swag. "Soulja Boy went on a tirade[75] on Twitter in response, saying "I ignore dis foo like 5x before this. gently caress that. If you send some niggaz to spray me @myfabolouslife at least I die I real nigga gently caress you boy." 50 Cent also took to Twitter to say, "leave him the f*** alone before somebody get hurt." Way and Fabolous ended their beef on a radio interview.[76]

tupac died for this poo poo?

Guido van Possum
Apr 7, 2012

by T. Finninho
tupac didn't die for anything

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it had to be for something, the illuminati don't just go around gunning people down for no reason.

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009

Edge Case Sperglor posted:

tupac didn't die

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MuyLraUsh4

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

theflyingexecutive posted:

If you want an unsafe amusement park article to :stare: all day at read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

My favorite part out of the whole thing:

quote:

As with the Super Speedboats mentioned below, the bumper boat pond was infested with snakes

that awful man
Feb 18, 2007

YOSPOS, bitch

Blackula69 posted:

i'm so glad they passed a maximum penalty for that

the only time unreasonable jury awards are acceptable. if that happened now they'd be sued into oblivion. I'm surprised they weren't then

p. sure the limit was only on what the regulators could fine them and wouldn't stop the family from suing or the district attorney from charging them with criminal negligence (even though the latter doesn't seem to have happened because new jersey)

$1000 is still a ridiculously low fine for something like that

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

that awful man posted:

p. sure the limit was only on what the regulators could fine them and wouldn't stop the family from suing or the district attorney from charging them with criminal negligence (even though the latter doesn't seem to have happened because new jersey)

$1000 is still a ridiculously low fine for something like that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsty_MacColl#Death

"Cen Yam was found guilty of culpable homicide and was sentenced to 2 years 10 months in prison. He was allowed under Mexican law to pay a punitive fine of 1,034 pesos (about €63, £61, or US$90) in lieu of the prison sentence"

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
I got a two-week edit ban for removing an unsourced MLP-only "In Popular Culture" section from an article.

Wikipedians. :allears:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wikipedants

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo i found the best one
Python
A few weeks after Python opened in 1976, a 6-foot-6, 340 pound, 39-year-old heart patient died after riding. The ride's previous tagline, "I challenged the Python and lived!", was subsequently removed.[9]

e: wait...
Apollo's Chariot
On the maiden voyage of the ride Apollo's Chariot in March 1999, a stray goose flew into the face of the Italian model Fabio during the 210-foot (64 m) drop, killing the bird. Fabio survived with only a cut on his nose.[12]

AtomD fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 6, 2012

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Lazyhound posted:

I got a two-week edit ban for removing an unsourced MLP-only "In Popular Culture" section from an article.

Wikipedians. :allears:

link

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

quote:

Park officials said this made the injury and death rate statistically insignificant. Nevertheless, the director of the emergency room at a nearby hospital said they treated from five to ten victims of park accidents on some of the busiest days, and the park eventually bought the township of Vernon extra ambulances to keep up with the volume.[10]

lmao

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
bet those rides were fun as heck

the full-loop waterslide looks like it owned

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Blackula69 posted:

bet those rides were fun as heck

the full-loop waterslide looks like it owned

its the true risk of death and disability that makes it fun

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

AtomD posted:

holy poo poo i found the best one
Python
A few weeks after Python opened in 1976, a 6-foot-6, 340 pound, 39-year-old heart patient died after riding. The ride's previous tagline, "I challenged the Python and lived!", was subsequently removed.[9]

e: wait...
Apollo's Chariot
On the maiden voyage of the ride Apollo's Chariot in March 1999, a stray goose flew into the face of the Italian model Fabio during the 210-foot (64 m) drop, killing the bird. Fabio survived with only a cut on his nose.[12]

owenkun
Feb 26, 2007

The scent of strawberry milk.
boy was his face red

got dat wmd
Apr 28, 2009
fabiowns

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Coaster chat; this made me lol when it happened earlier in the year :o:

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/888380-thorpe-park-s-new-swarm-ride-leaves-test-dummies-with-missing-limbs

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
problems are revealed by product testing and subsequently fixed?! hod the front page guys!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

da proest coaster

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs&t=98s

coaxmetal
Oct 21, 2010

I flamed me own dad

whoa that owns

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

gently caress anyone who hates that movie.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

this is actually a solid coaster vOv

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

is it worth the FAST PASS to get on this one early in the day?

x!te bike
May 2, 2008

wanna see this in rollercoaster tycoon

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Install Gentoo posted:

its the true risk of death and disability that makes it fun

99.9% of the time this ride is safe. the other times it probably wont be you that dies

probably

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
objection, the prosecution has evidence of prior word art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

whoa that owns