Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Captain Cancer posted:

So the question is, how are these companies able to get away with the bootlegging? I thought the big brands would be ruthless in shutting these operations down.

Reminds me that my mum keeps going on holiday and bringing me back fake shirts, which she believes are legit. I don't have the heart to tell her

Copyright laws don't exist in china.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Copyright laws don't exist in china.

Tradition doesn't exist in Malaysia either.

Home and Away for Cardiff next year.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Cardiff's owners think that red is a lucky colour, they obviously haven't been watching the Wales MNT over the last few centuries. The new badge is loving dreadful as well.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The redbirds.

The way they tacked that on the bottom of the badge is dumb, it's like a visual "P.S. we used to be blue".

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

atomic gog posted:

Cardiff's owners think that red is a lucky colour, they obviously haven't been watching the Wales MNT over the last few centuries. The new badge is loving dreadful as well.

What's the betting that the Away outsells the Home by like, 10 to 1?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

What's the betting that the Away outsells the Home by like, 10 to 1?

Their fans don't hate it as much as you'd imagine, opinion is mixed because of the promise of that ~100 million pound investment~. Just checking their forums, looks like a majority are in favour of the rebranding if it means getting promoted/not going out of business.

atomic gog fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jun 6, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/06/euro-2012-fans-toxic-shirts

:stare:

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Are brave English kits are superior to shoddy foreign guff once again

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
That's why I knit all my own fan gear.

Welshy
Oct 13, 2006
Towel

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Oh god, even the models look miserable wearing the new shirts.

I know they will get us out of debt but having to change to red just because its big in asia is such a bad reason. it wont make them play better :ohdear:

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
After the initial shock of reading Cardiff's deal, I settled down and realized it could've been worse. It does seem rather silly to insist to change the colors though. The easiest way would have simply to make the away red.

The badge is a monster, but at least you keep a blue kit in rotation and get (in theory) cash to invest.

Hey, at least it wasn't some UAE company trying to change your team to Dubai FC.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I'd be okay with donny wearing pink my little pony kits if we got 100 million pounds investment tbh

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

thehappyprince posted:

I'd be okay with donny wearing pink my little pony kits if we got 100 million pounds investment tbh

deal, but willie mckay is in charge of spending it

enjoy

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Our new away kit. Meh, it'd be okay if it wasn't for the logos on the side.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

sweek0 posted:

I predict that at least one player will earn the nickname "The Great Pumpkin" in that shirt.

a top top lad
Feb 28, 2003

Triffic really. Proper player.
I wonder if I would feel differently if Kappa didn't make their logo larger than the club crests on their kit (or if they didn't slap it all over the place on their kits), but Kappa is just the worst.

kippa
Aug 10, 2005

Fry, it's been three days. You can't keep boogie-ing like this. You'll come down with a fever of some sort.

I wonder if Cardiff will go the whole hog and replace all the seats in their stadium with red ones too, I'm going to laugh if the cost of this re-brand comes straight out of the £100m investment.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Aston Villa announced that our kit will be revealed on June 14. They just added a feature on the official site with videos of the Macron headquarters and their manufacturing of the kit. The site also features all of Villa's kits dating back to the founding of the club.

http://www.kit.avfc.co.uk/kit

And two images that may reveal something about the kits:

sneak peek of the keeper kit.

lion crest imprint at the bottom of the back of the kit.

I think both look cool.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

kippa posted:

I wonder if Cardiff will go the whole hog and replace all the seats in their stadium with red ones too, I'm going to laugh if the cost of this re-brand comes straight out of the £100m investment.

They've apparently bought them already, he'd have to be mad to go all in this quickly though

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

It's impossible to have a good claret kit.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
is shay given dead or something

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

pissy smelliott posted:

is shay given dead or something

It's that mirror from Harry Potter.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I like the gold trim at the bottom of that Villa shirt, and the lion looks pretty cool. As long as it doesn't have those poxy Macron men anywhere on it I'll buy it.

e: scratch that, looks like they'll be there.

Some more pictures:

Stripy collars are always awesome.

Frankston fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jun 6, 2012

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

sweek0 posted:

Completely ruined by those horrid Kappa logos

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Villa shirts are always pretty much exactly the same aren't they? They had the checks this year and I think I remember stripes in the 90s, but other than that they're the same every year.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Frankston posted:

I like the gold trim at the bottom of that Villa shirt, and the lion looks pretty cool. As long as it doesn't have those poxy Macron men anywhere on it I'll buy it.

[timg]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Hoshal85/macronvillashirtprototype.jpg[timg]

Some more pictures:

[timg]http://memberfiles.freewebs.com/03/18/87131803/photos/undefined/Villa%20Australis%20Mock.png[timg]

[timg]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee231/Hoshal85/macronhomevilla.jpg[timg]

Stripy collars are always awesome.

Thanks for the screen grabs. I won't be able to watch the videos until I'm home from work. I like what they have planned.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Going for the Ninja Turtle demographic, eh?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

I really hoped neckerchiefed hipsters weren't designing kits.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Is that Pissflaps?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hoops posted:

Villa shirts are always pretty much exactly the same aren't they? They had the checks this year and I think I remember stripes in the 90s, but other than that they're the same every year.

they had one awful one in like 2000 that was just solid purple, not even claret

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Baibai Kuaikuai posted:

It wasn't as cheap as you think, I can tell you that much. I just never thought about it.

loving hell. What place do you guys buy your kits?

I can't wear this thing either now, it looks like poo poo! Made in Thailand gently caress my rear end!!
i'm happy to call you a fellow poster on this, the internet's most intelligent & troll free community

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Frankston posted:

I'd be pretty skeptical of a kit designed by a guy who wears a pigeon carcass around his neck.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

That's not very nice, is it?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I think it's smart that.
Looks foreign though somehow.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It looks like a Miss World entry.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I kinda like that

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
It looks just like Saint Etienne's shirt with the lime green sash from a couple years ago (also by Adidas).

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Tunga posted:

It looks like a Miss World entry.

I kind of wish they had one with JT in it, but alas, we only have Frank.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If there's a stripe on the back as well, Adidas are just getting lazy as poo poo. That's almost a color swap of the River Plate kit: