Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

VagueRant posted:

I mean there are people who are still looking forward to Versus XIII? Based on what?!

This

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

To be fair, that was just over a year ago, now.

I don't really get why they keep not showing it more - they've clearly got basic gameplay functioning, they could at least show some new footage every few months to keep it from becoming as vaporware as it has.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
7 was the first game in the series I'd played, and remains my personal favorite.

As far as nostalgia is concerned, when it comes to ranking games in the series... 4 was the second one I played, and while I liked it a lot as a kid, today it doesn't seem all that special. It's still a good game, granted, but actually going back and replaying it isn't very fun. Maybe I'd just played it to death, already? Who knows?

6 is one that I didn't like that much when I first played it, but took to it a couple years later. It's now my second favorite in the series. I absolutely hated 8 when it came out, but am much more accepting of it, now, and would probably have liked 9 more if I hadn't burned out on Chocobo Hot & Cold.

I actually liked 2 when I first played it, mostly because of the novelty of an NES game being dark. This was apparently enough for me to overlook how broken the gameplay was, which is a mistake I haven't made since. :suicide:

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
Well, with the new engine looking really awesome and XIII-2 being a profitable success, does this mean that FFXV is going to be next gen due to sequel potential/etc and we get XIII-3 this gen? Please, Square? Please?! :ohdear:

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012
I got a piece of mail from the old Playstation Underground advertising Star Ocean 2. I didn't know what an RPG really was so I rented that, then rented FF7. Fell in love with both, and now I'm one of the obviously illogical few who found few problems with FF13. 10 is probably my favorite though. I think the laughing scene has a much deeper meaning than most of the internet gives it, especially after you find out what Yuna is ACTUALLY going through when Tidus finds out about Sins big secret from Auron. Yes, I unironically think the laughing scene is touching and emotional. :fuckoff:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I lean neither way with 10. It's an incredibly average FF title; it has its very high points, and it has very, very low points. Incidentally, I don't even consider the laughing scene on this scale. I seriously have no hangups with it, but this means that it does nothing at all which, while better than doing something crappy, certainly isn't doing the game any favors.

It's like, Besaid, Kilika, Highroad, Djose, Moonflow, all that's good. Unfortunately, that stuff is interrupted in the middle by LET'S BLITZ which normally is fun but you're forced into a loving awful unbalanced match since Blitzball isn't actually skill-based. And then you hit the slump: Guadosalam is crap and a very boring and annoying sequence, the Thunder Plains and the forest are all right but compared to their preceding locales they're pretty boring and ugly, and then you hit Macalania. gently caress Macalania Temple. And then gently caress the next part where you go through that desert. Deserts in video games are horrible. And gently caress that part with the Al Behd. I know it has the game's big plot twist, but gameplay-wise, that area is awful. Weird forced encounters every couple steps, annoying-as-poo poo music, and full of permanently-missable items. Then you go to Bevelle and I hate that part too. Not only does the story get really loving creepy because every time Seymour is on screen it's like Winnie the Pooh got crossed with a pedophile and a rapist and I don't care if they nailed it in the writing--which obviously they did because he's immensely unsettling whenever he's on screen--it's very grating whenever Seymour is involved with the plot, but it, too, is a gameplay nightmare.

Finally, you get to the Calm Lands, and that's a pretty great place, I like it. There's fun side poo poo to do, hidden stuff to find, and it's just a generally visually-pleasing location and a godsend after going through a stormy gray area (you get a short break from crappy visual design in a glowy forest), a lovely ice area, a lovely ice temple, a desert, a rusty factory in a desert, an underground cavern, an underwater cavern, a technological cavern, and oh god I hate that entire 1/3 of the game so much.

And then you get to Gagazet and the Ronsos are such dicks that you can't even sympathize with them and what is Seymour even doing here, he doesn't have any motivation to do this other than that he's clearly a very, very bad man. Also while I tend to love ice levels, Gagazet is a terrible ice level because it's not an SNES Ice Stage but a MODERN GEN Ice Stage which means that instead of fantastical blues and purples and turquoises and the aurora borealis, everything is white and black on gray, possibly with some blizzardy textures and fogs blowing past the camera every few seconds.

Zanarkand, ehh, I don't have anything bad to say about it per se, but I certainly don't have anything good to say about it. And then you're at the endgame, Auron has a mildly homosexual dialogue with Jecht, and you fight a giant flying whale who gives you an instant game over if you don't beat him within his countdown. I mean this never happened to me because by that point you have full access to the monster arena and I grinded the poo poo out of that, but fighting Sin on natural progression alone is pretty much impossible even if you go in with maxed summon Overdrives and Grand Summon.

The final area I honestly don't remember much about other than it was underwhelming as a final area, but I kind of assume that this is a hardware limitation since gone were the pre-rendered backgrounds that let you do creative poo poo so you were kind of stuck with awkward corridors and dark colors because it's the final dungeon guys we gotta be foreboding and poo poo. The story's inoffensive, if a bit weird with stuff like the Tidus-in-the-water epilogue, but drat, the game really suffers from that giant crevasse of crap right in the very middle of it all. If they could've kept up the aesthetics and just the general feel you get from places like in the early game and the Calm Lands and Auron being subliminally gay with Jecht, I would remember FFX much more fondly. But as it stands, it's just a very run-of-the-mill entry in a series that ultimately rolled right off the anime cliff.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 7, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Winks posted:

Well, with the new engine looking really awesome and XIII-2 being a profitable success, does this mean that FFXV is going to be next gen due to sequel potential/etc and we get XIII-3 this gen? Please, Square? Please?! :ohdear:

I'm down. So long as it continues to improve on how great XIII-2 was. With more Hamauzu/Mizuta/Suzuki.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

That's it? That didn't look that fun or interesting at all. Hell, it looked like the same tired poo poo with shallow gameplay Kingdom Hearts has already mastered. This time with even more solid black outfits.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharismaticHorsey posted:

That's it? That didn't look that fun or interesting at all. Hell, it looked like the same tired poo poo with shallow gameplay Kingdom Hearts has already mastered. This time with even more solid black outfits.
Well, the truth is marketing statistics show that the kind of annoying, pretentious teenagers who enjoy JRPGs most love solid black outfits and the like and when folks say that we who grew up with FF1-10 are no longer the target audience, they're right. Like how ninjas and samurai and futuristic cowboys killing the poo poo out of poo poo was in when we were that age, brooding harder than a crunk Vincent van Gogh and being weepier than a chancre sore from the clap is big with teenagers now.

Fortunately, they're part of one of those "half generations" that'll never get into office.

ysionris
Apr 27, 2012
I have been somewhat contemptuous of the Final Fantasy franchise since XIII; it does seem that they are targeting a different demographic now, or my demographic has moved on. That said, despite the heavy-handed touches of Tetsuya Nomura - whom I think should really just stick to character design and not have more to do with game production and design - I think I'm willing to give Versus XIII a chance; it does seem to be quite a bit more serious than previous Final Fantasy games, and I'm hoping it'll at least help salvage the trainwreck it has become (for starters, I do not recognize that XI and XIV even exists on the basis of being MMORPGs, and XIII-2 has honestly made me frown).

Regarding the older games, though, I'm particularly fond of VI, VIII, XII, and Tactics; those are games that truly captivated me very quickly. IV and V never solidly caught my interest; VII was not at all a bad game, but it wasn't a masterpiece like every fanboy of the age said it was, which pretty much ruined it for me; IX had a nice idea, but was marred by flawed execution of details; and X was pretty average. ^_^;

Phoenix Factory

ysionris fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jun 7, 2012

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ysionris posted:

it does seem to be quite a bit more serious than previous Final Fantasy games

I do know one thing: more serious is the last place the FF series needs to go. Its creators consider their babies to be about as serious as the holocaust at this point.

ysionris
Apr 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I do know one thing: more serious is the last place the FF series needs to go.

Perhaps I should redefine my meaning: It seems more mature, as opposed to the franchise taking itself too seriously. If this was indeed what you meant, might you provided the explanation behind your opinion? ^_^;

Phoenix Factory

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

CharismaticHorsey posted:

I think a lot of the game's appeal is still based around aesthetics (since that's almost all we've got), in that the game does a lot of stuff that's pretty rare for a JRPG.

- Generally modern-looking world that doesn't trip over itself trying to look "fantasy" with rainbow colored flying buildings and poo poo.
- The characters that have been shown do not appear to be Spunky Teenage Hero Group # 784. We have older dudes talking at normal volumes. We have cutscenes involving a conversation during a car ride, instead of OMG flipping off planes and blowing up this robot and then exploding this building WHOOSH now a fighter plane is swooping in BOOM! like we've gotten used to. This causes people to hope that the storyline will be a little more mature too.
- The character designs in general do not make you want to gouge your eyes out, and actually look like things sane humans might wear.

Granted, there were some promising looking elements from the gameplay as well, like being much more action-focused than any other FF, rideable vehicles and weapons, potentially destructible environments, etc. Who knows how much will pan out, but it seems like a breath of fresh air for the series in a lot of ways.

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 7, 2012

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Azure_Horizon posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVX0OUO9ptU

Oh Square, you are still gods of visual design.

Looks nice, shame that being able to make pretty FMVs doesn't translate in to making good games; especially in the case of Square.

There's nothing of real interest in that video, it's just a pretty tech demo. When they make a mainline FF that isn't poo poo then I'll be impressed. Or better yet maybe they can finally go bankrupt and have their IPs sold off to others to salvage. Ivalice could go back to Matsuno, they could just drop the Final Fantasy name entirely to make more games like FFTA. Hell playing one game set in the time of Ajora would be cool even if we know how it'll ultimately end.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
It's kind of a shame that some people here aren't that high on FF4. The game definitely has its flaws, and the gameplay pales compared to pretty much every FF since, but it's still a strong game in its own right, and I still maintain it has one of the most well-told stories I've seen in a game. People bitch about gameplay mechanics and story not really mixing in most games, yet FF4 did it well constantly. It had some nice, concise character arcs, and it tells a nice story centering on its protagonist. Sure, it's not a particularly strong story, even by 1991 standards, but it's still executed rather well.

There's so many subtle details that show how much work and care went into making a great game experience. Granted, other FF's have done better stories, but there's still the way FF4 tells a simple story effectively that endears it to me.

As for future FF's, while I'm more a fan of the more traditional fantasy settings, I'll go along as long as there's a decent story and some solid gameplay. Hell, even if the game just has a mediocre, inoffensive story like FF5 rather than the clusterfuck of 13-2, I'll take that for another insanely fun game.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Evil Fluffy posted:

Looks nice, shame that being able to make pretty FMVs doesn't translate in to making good games; especially in the case of Square.

My understanding is that this isn't FMV, it's real time.
e: Not that that changes much, it's just that we're supposed to ooh and aah about how actual gameplay could be this pretty.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 7, 2012

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ysionris posted:

Perhaps I should redefine my meaning: It seems more mature, as opposed to the franchise taking itself too seriously. If this was indeed what you meant, might you provided the explanation behind your opinion? ^_^;

"Mature" and "serious" are just industry buzzwords that correlate with "overly bloody and full of tits" and "long-winded and self-important." But per their real definitions, FF4, 6, or 9 for example had totally serious and mature stories, but they were handled very lightheartedly. They had good comic relief that wasn't so in-your-face as the infamous DINNER song. They established characters (well, 6 less so) without relying on such fine descriptors as "Basically, Gackt" or "Cloud with a vagina." Their characters don't go LOOK AT MEEEEEEE I'M SO IMPORTAAAAAAANT, and they don't feel like they're shoehorned into cutscenes or dialogue for the sake of reminding the player that they are totally in the party (except Freya in a couple parts). The stories are blessedly coherent, but they don't pride themselves on being masterpieces; the writers know that they're making the best of a developing medium and they know they aren't writing Shakespeare.

Compare it to more recent games where they are DEAD SERIOUS and HARD-HITTING and BROODINGLY GRIMDARK--I mean, even fuckin' Kingdom Hearts, a game about turning into an anime lion or hanging out with motherfucking A.A. Milne characters, is really dark and full of weird wizardy existential anime poo poo about being soulless or whatever that doesn't belong in the same sentence as "Mickey Mouse"--and their writers who think their poo poo stinks less than Charles Dickens and that I dunno they must assume they're the Japanese William Faulkner or someshit when in actuality they're writing about thousand-year-old sex goddesses trapped in the body of a six-year-old.

Mega64 posted:

There's so many subtle details that show how much work and care went into making a great game experience. Granted, other FF's have done better stories, but there's still the way FF4 tells a simple story effectively that endears it to me.

Yeah, FF4 tells a very simple story but tells it very, very well. It's just the way the characters interact, I assume; it's really basic, but at the same time, it does everything it needs to do without going overboard or embellishing the wrong places, and even though its conclusion is very predictable, truth told, predictable is predictable because it works in storytelling. I mean, thousands of loving years of literary tradition can't be wrong.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jun 7, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Evil Fluffy posted:

There's nothing of real interest in that video, it's just a pretty tech demo. When they make a mainline FF that isn't poo poo then I'll be impressed. Or better yet maybe they can finally go bankrupt and have their IPs sold off to others to salvage. Ivalice could go back to Matsuno, they could just drop the Final Fantasy name entirely to make more games like FFTA. Hell playing one game set in the time of Ajora would be cool even if we know how it'll ultimately end.

Instead of hiring Matsuno, they should just hire whoever wrote IX (Sakaguchi only had a hand in the first few stages).

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Get Yoko Taro to write.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

Compare it to more recent games where they are DEAD SERIOUS and HARD-HITTING and BROODINGLY GRIMDARK--I mean, even fuckin' Kingdom Hearts, a game about turning into an anime lion or hanging out with motherfucking A.A. Milne characters, is really dark and full of weird wizardy existential anime poo poo about being soulless or whatever that doesn't belong in the same sentence as "Mickey Mouse"--and their writers who think their poo poo stinks less than Charles Dickens and that I dunno they must assume they're the Japanese William Faulkner or someshit when in actuality they're writing about thousand-year-old sex goddesses trapped in the body of a six-year-old.

:stare:

I...think you're reading a bit much into the writers' self image there. Just a touch.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Azure_Horizon posted:

Instead of hiring Matsuno, they should just hire whoever wrote IX (Sakaguchi only had a hand in the first few stages).

Am I alone in thinking FFIX's plot takes a swift and brutal nosedive once the other world plot elements become woven in? I couldn't stand anything that happened in that game plotwise after the other planet soul swapping shenanigans. Final area was really nice though.

They should just fire all their writers and replace it with the short story author who wrote the thousand years of dreams for Lost Odyssey.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Barudak posted:

Am I alone in thinking FFIX's plot takes a swift and brutal nosedive once the other world plot elements become woven in? I couldn't stand anything that happened in that game plotwise after the other planet soul swapping shenanigans. Final area was really nice though.

They should just fire all their writers and replace it with the short story author who wrote the thousand years of dreams for Lost Odyssey.

I think it weaves into the theatricality of the story really nicely, injecting a lot more depth into the nature of the world. And whatever missteps it takes in Disc 3 are rectified by the best ending in the series.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Spiritus Nox posted:

:stare:

I...think you're reading a bit much into the writers' self image there. Just a touch.

Man you don't paint the walls with diarrhea more than once unless you still think it was the best idea since the telegraph.

ysionris
Apr 27, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

"Mature" and "serious" are just industry buzzwords that correlate with "overly bloody and full of tits" and "long-winded and self-important."

I hope it would be safe to assume that this is not what I meant when I said "mature" and "serious". I largely meant that there was a coherent story that is well-woven together and can be taken seriously as opposed to constant "WTF"s. ^_^;

The White Dragon posted:

But per their real definitions, FF4, 6, or 9 for example had totally serious and mature stories, but they were handled very lightheartedly. They had good comic relief that wasn't so in-your-face as the infamous DINNER song. They established characters (well, 6 less so) without relying on such fine descriptors as "Basically, Gackt" or "Cloud with a vagina." Their characters don't go LOOK AT MEEEEEEE I'M SO IMPORTAAAAAAANT, and they don't feel like they're shoehorned into cutscenes or dialogue for the sake of reminding the player that they are totally in the party (except Freya in a couple parts).

I do agree that the latest direction taken by Square-Enix, especially ever since they've got Tetsuya Nomura making games, haven't been particularly impressive narratively, and border on the self-important or the pretentious. I'm hoping that Versus XIII is a coherent attempt by someone who has finally learned and mellowed out, though. ^_^;

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

Man you don't paint the walls with diarrhea more than once unless you still think it was the best idea since the telegraph.

Or you just are not a very good writer and not particularly caring about the quality of your work because you're making Wacky Anime JRPG/Disney crossover and trying to make it as marketable as possible. Frankly, KH's thing is that they want to make it marketable and don't actually care of it is a good story, just that people keep buying the games. That's why they've got a bunch of interchangeable bullshit assholes in cloaks because those guys sell for some inexplicable reason. They sell so much they made a game about them despite the fact that none of them have a personality.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The White Dragon posted:

I would argument that square's latest writing has been quite so bad as diarrhea, but I've had that argument a dozen times on this board and it's not like either of us is going to change our mind so whatever.

I'll grant you their overarching narratives get pretty incoherent, but I quite like most of their characters - which tend to be the sticking point for me in most films/games/books/whatevers.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jun 7, 2012

Rueish
Feb 27, 2009

Gone

but not forgotten.
Hahahaha, what the hell? FFIII DS/iOS is coming to the PSP.

Warren
Aug 9, 2009

What the-
Wait what? Is there a source for this or is this another E3 thing I'll be reading about later?

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, that was just over a year ago, now.
After five years of waiting too.

I'm surprised they did show gameplay, I'm actually convinced it's a real game now. Still confused about the hype, considering the gameplay just looks like Kingdom Hearts but without the colour.

The White Dragon posted:

Don't ever change. :allears:

Firaga
Jan 4, 2005
WHAT YOU SAY
I just started a new file in FF12 IZJS and I've only played through this game once when it came out, does anybody have any advice or general tips?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VagueRant posted:

I'm surprised they did show gameplay, I'm actually convinced it's a real game now. Still confused about the hype, considering the gameplay just looks like Kingdom Hearts but without the colour.

Eh, I always like the techno-fantasy sort of settings, and if it took a solid variant on the Kingdom Hearts engine and made it HD in a cool setting that'd probably be enough to satisfy me right there. Can't really comment too much on the story since we only really know all of 3 things about it, but I like what music they've released(which admittedly is just two arrangements of Somnus, if I remember right), it's pretty as always, character designs are fairly subdued for Nomura, and I think the concept of the dude's powers looks pretty cool, if they can get some good weapon variety.

Like I said, if the action is above-average or better, there's enough to catch my attention right there. Mind you, this is all dependent on them ever releasing the loving thing. :argh:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is final fantasy tactics advance any good? I've heard good (and difficult) things about the one on the playstation but I was wondering if the gba version holds up as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

bef posted:

Is final fantasy tactics advance any good? I've heard good (and difficult) things about the one on the playstation but I was wondering if the gba version holds up as well.

Neither of the stories for the 2 FFTA games are worth much, but FFTA2 has pretty good sRPG gameplay, and both are markedly different from FFT.

General consensus is that FFT is the best of the lot, although personally I preferred FFTA2 to it.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

bef posted:

Almost everyone I've asked has said it's much worse than the playstation FFT, though I do have one friend who played Tactics Advance and loved it, so... hard to say. The playstation one is a very good game either way, and you shouldn't feel put off by the difficulty, especially since the game gives you a ton of tools to break it over your knee after a certain point.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's good if you approach it on its own terms and learn to work around some of the more annoying laws. Don't compare it to the original FFT or you'll find it wanting and have difficulty noticing its unique strengths.

I don't know how FFTA2 compares, as I didn't play it.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Bongo Bill posted:

It's good if you approach it on its own terms and learn to work around some of the more annoying laws. Don't compare it to the original FFT or you'll find it wanting and have difficulty noticing its unique strengths.

I don't know how FFTA2 compares, as I didn't play it.

Would you personally consider opening with a snowball fight a flaw, or a strength?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's an effective tutorial if you need a tutorial and a waste of time if you don't.

ysionris
Apr 27, 2012

bef posted:

Final Fantasy Tactics (and its PSP remake, War of the Lions) is a markedly different beast from either FFTA or FFTA2, both of which revamp but simplify the original FFT's battle system and make it more accessible to a broader demographic. Otherwise, their stories, cast, and settings are almost completely different (Square-Enix has been very vague and inconsistent as to the precise boundaries of Ivalice over the franchises, which has gotten as large as a continental region to as small as a town).

The FFTA series is not a bad game if you're looking for something light to play, have fun, and pass the time with; I do believe FFTA2 is considered better than its predecessor, though. If tough challenges and a very engaging, if not a melancholic and complex, plot sound like your thing, however, FFT is a great choice. There are a few differences between the original FFT for the Playstation and the War of the Lions remake for the PSP, among which the most widely debated is the new script and translation, but it's largely the same game, save that the PSP has quite a bit of extra content and can be easier to understand (the most common complaint is that, although the original Playstation version was a translation nightmare with truly idiotic lines, the remake tried too hard to sound Shakespearean and melodramatic). ^_^

Phoenix Factory

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
You know, I played FFTA and used some Gameshark code that abolished all laws except for a very select few missions that have the "No Law Cards" flag on them. It made the game actually not terrible! The story, of course, is beyond repair, but the gameplay itself was your good old standard SRPG fare. It no longer felt unfair in the sense that you were penalized both in the short AND long term for breaking laws (either by post-battle arrests for yellow cards, or by instant death from redcarding) while plot-immune enemies and even normal monsters did as they pleased (it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure as long as they didn't redcard, which is very hard for the AI to do unless you corner it by wasting your Law Cards, enemies couldn't be removed from battle at all, so you could never use the laws to your advantage the same way the enemies did).

Buuuuuut, there are those few missions where it's like a tournament or something and magic or weapons were forbidden. THOSE, I think, are really good applications of laws because it makes you plan accordingly to a very specific instance where you go in knowing exactly what you can and can't do. But an entire game based around that premise, especially when there start getting to be so many laws you can barely do anything unless you have every class mastered on every character lest your primary skill sets get illegalized? Bad, bad, terrible idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Would you happen to know if the iOS version of War of the Lions has the same issues with framerate that the PSP version has?