Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Now that you beat the game, be sure to watch these intro videos!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QRZfvLWmOc
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yBJ2wITTZE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Cliff Racer posted:

You can also get that on a DVD if you get the OST.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ryder was a buster.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

closeted republican posted:

Figured out why "Was It Worth It?" wouldn't start; I needed to get Jim's friendship to a certain amount. All it took was one man date with him, and I got the message that let me start "Was It Worth It?" within a few minutes.

Odd. I never did one friend activity in either expansion and beat them both

edit: I dont remember what happened to Ryder... Can someone refresh me?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
You kill him in the second last San Fierro mission. He tries to escape on boat with you giving chase (or sniping him before he even gets there, if you aren't an idiot.)

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cliff Racer posted:

You kill him in the second last San Fierro mission. He tries to escape on boat with you giving chase (or sniping him before he even gets there, if you aren't an idiot.)

If GTA:SA was GTA4 you'd have to chase him in a boat all the way around San Fierro and wait until he undocks in the countryside before you could kill him. :v:

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

closeted republican posted:

If GTA:SA was GTA4 you'd have to chase him in a boat all the way around San Fierro and wait until he undocks in the countryside before you could kill him. :v:

I'm pretty sure Tenpenny's final mission was just like this except in the desert.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

Knightmare posted:

I'm pretty sure Tenpenny's final mission was just like this except in the desert.

Tenpenny's final mission had you chasing his fire truck around Los Santos until he crashed through the side of an overpass. Pulaski's final mission was in the desert, but you could finish it in seconds if you shot out his tires and/or caused him to flip his car.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Knightmare posted:

Pulaski was in the desert. And his chase was a pain in the rear end unless you sniped his tires first.

Tenpenny's was indeed a "can't do anything until a scripted part" though, it just ended in Los Santos.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

moms pubis posted:

Tenpenny's final mission had you chasing his fire truck around Los Santos until he crashed through the side of an overpass. Pulaski's final mission was in the desert, but you could finish it in seconds if you shot out his tires and/or caused him to flip his car.

Or if you were like me and had a chain gun at the time. Lasted about twenty seconds.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
Ok Why am I getting such a terrible framerate on San Andreas? I got everything on max and I know that my computer can run it on max settings. So why is it so drat slow?

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Did you turn off frame limiter in the options? I didn't even see it there until an hour into the game.

Cliff Racer posted:

I got my friend playing San Andreas, he's probably about 3 missions in. Seems like there's major spoilers, but, it seems like it ties together the intro a lot better.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Supeerme posted:

Ok Why am I getting such a terrible framerate on San Andreas? I got everything on max and I know that my computer can run it on max settings. So why is it so drat slow?

Sounds like the Frame Limiter, which caps the FPS at 25.

Turning it off has adverse effects like swimming slow, different car physics, and other things that I can't remember right now. There might be a newer alternative, but I remember this Frame Limit Adjuster Tool being the best solution back in the day to increase the limit of the frame limiter.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis
There's one mission which is literally impossible to complete if you turn off the frame limiter and your processor is relatively recent. You have to swim through underwater tunnels and your breath will run out before you can reach the surface.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Avocados posted:

Did you turn off frame limiter in the options? I didn't even see it there until an hour into the game.

I got my friend playing San Andreas, he's probably about 3 missions in. Seems like there's major spoilers, but, it seems like it ties together the intro a lot better.

Yeah, I wasn't joking when I said wait until the end.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

jerkstoresup posted:

Sounds like the Frame Limiter, which caps the FPS at 25.

Turning it off has adverse effects like swimming slow, different car physics, and other things that I can't remember right now. There might be a newer alternative, but I remember this Frame Limit Adjuster Tool being the best solution back in the day to increase the limit of the frame limiter.

I tried using it but it couldn't find the exe. I am using the steam version. I turned off the limiter. The slowdown makes it impossible to drive as I will be going quite fast and then suddenly going slow, then fast again constantly.

I can't see the intro videos at all! I have this problem in GTA 3 and vice city as well! I can hear them but not see them.

Supeerme fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 7, 2012

Zedicus Mann
May 5, 2012

Avocados posted:

It's supposed to be an introduction, so I'm pretty sure this stuff isn't quite spoilers.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Tenpenny's was indeed a "can't do anything until a scripted part" though, it just ended in Los Santos.
At least they were smart enough to make it so your focus during the mission is driving and keeping up with his vehicle. You're not primarily chasing him to kill, you're chasing him because he's getting away, and Sweet is hanging off the ladder. You are chasing him to kill him, of course, but it's not the primary objective and that masks things a bit.

Plus, last mission, needs to end where the last cutscene takes place, and all that.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Zedicus Mann posted:

It's supposed to be an introduction, so I'm pretty sure this stuff isn't quite spoilers.

The only stuff it "spoils" is something you'll learn fairly early on in the game anyways.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

The only stuff it "spoils" is something you'll learn fairly early on in the game anyways.

And there is really only one scene that it changes the interpretation of (Tenpenny and Pulaski leaving Smoke's house when CJ arrives, which is supposed to make you wonder about Smoke anyway.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Supeerme posted:

I tried using it but it couldn't find the exe. I am using the steam version. I turned off the limiter. The slowdown makes it impossible to drive as I will be going quite fast and then suddenly going slow, then fast again constantly.

I can't see the intro videos at all! I have this problem in GTA 3 and vice city as well! I can hear them but not see them.

Try this downgrader patch. It converts the steam version (3.0) to the "best" version (1.01). Version 2.0 was purely a patch to remove "Hot Coffee" exploits, and 3.0 was just Steam DRM. So the Frame Limiter Tool should work with 1.01.

If that doesn't work or you want to stick to the official Steam binaries, another fix seems to be turning the frame limiter off and forcing V-Sync ON through your Nvidia/Catalyst control panel. It reduces problems by keeping the framerate consistent at 60hz instead of uncapped.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh man that video brings up memories, I remember the crazy speculation in the video that Tommy was the guy they axed, cuz it was Miami I think. Also Ken Rosenberg trying to call Tommy and not getting any answer.

Not like it matters considering Houser basically said everyone you knew and love is DEAD in GTA4. :mad:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Tommy didn't answer because his VA had problems with Rockstar and refused.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Shindragon posted:

Not like it matters considering Houser basically said everyone you knew and love is DEAD in GTA4. :mad:

gently caress that. To me, the events of GTA III and all the others still happened in GTA IV. The reason why you don't see the GTA 3 groups in GTA IV is because Claude wiped them all out in GTA III, which allowed new Mafia families and other criminal organizations to gain prominence. Houser can say all he wants, but Claude, Tommy, CJ and the rest are still alive and kicking to me. :colbert:

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
They aren't dead, but its a different universe. Hence why the islands are all different. Though they did have a lot of SA footage on the TVs, which I felt odd. I just wish they'd revisit the III universe sometime, its just so much more interesting to me.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Cliff Racer posted:

Tommy didn't answer because his VA had problems with Rockstar and refused.

Oh yeah definitely I remember. Ray Liotta's reason was I have a lot of star power and Houser said it in his words that it doesn't matter about the VA, and he could kill off Tommy anytime he wants.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Cliff Racer posted:

I just wish they'd revisit the III universe sometime, its just so much more interesting to me.

The III universe is a lot more interesting thanks to all the weird and absurd stuff in it that somehow works, like most of Vice City and the unusual things you could do in San Andreas. The GTA IV universe is just "everything sucks forever :(" with some unfunny and absurd news reports to serve as background.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Shindragon posted:

Ray Liotta's reason was I have a lot of star power.

Ray Liotta should stop hogging his time machine that goes back to 1990 and share it with the rest of us

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm assuming GTAV isn't coming out until sometime next year due to the lack of anything at E3, correct?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm assuming GTAV isn't coming out until sometime next year due to the lack of anything at E3, correct?

Rockstar almost never does anything at E3, it might even be actually never rather than almost never. They probably think they can announce GTAV whenever the hell they want and it'll work out fine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

thebardyspoon posted:

Rockstar almost never does anything at E3, it might even be actually never rather than almost never. They probably think they can announce GTAV whenever the hell they want and it'll work out fine.

The last thing they did at E3 was having the Sony guys announce Agent, with nothing but a logo to show for it. Which then proceeded to never come out or be mentioned again. Before that the last Rockstar game there was LA Noire, and that was before they were even signed on as publisher, I think.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

moms pubis fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 14, 2012

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Holy poo poo that's incredible. I am really loving impressed.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That is probably the best GTA wallpaper I've ever seen.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO
Source: http://patrickbrown.deviantart.com/

He has other good GTA/general drawings in his gallery. You might want to put that in [timg] tags though.

moms pubis
Jul 9, 2011

by T. Mascis

K8.0 posted:

Holy poo poo that's incredible. I am really loving impressed.

That guy's done a bunch of great GTA art. I love how expressive his characters' faces and poses are.

moms pubis fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 14, 2012

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Welp that is amazing. New wallpaper ahoy!

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
These really make me hope the GTA6 protagonist is a woman. Also nerds would kill themselves. Win/win.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Dont know why it took me so long to realize that its Niko with the controller

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaw Wusky
Oct 23, 2010

the_american_dream posted:

Dont know why it took me so long to realize that its Niko with the controller

Because he doesn't look anything like Niko besides the clothing.

• Locked thread