Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Thundercracker posted:

Man, the Max Assist Me update is pretty bummer. Wife/Husband both laid off with a kid on the way, Max losing his house.

God, this econonomy!

Max is definitely one of the best gaming internet celebrities out there. I watch him all the just playing random games because he's so charming. I'm definitely donating continue Assist Me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Max is definitely one of the best gaming internet celebrities out there. I watch him all the just playing random games because he's so charming. I'm definitely donating continue Assist Me

I think his best stuff is when he's playing 3rd strike. He just seems so happy to play that game, win or lose.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwADTOQt-M

in case there's any doubt over who is objectively the best character in this game

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
How much meter does that build? That's gotta be at least two bars right?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Drewjitsu posted:

I think his best stuff is when he's playing 3rd strike. He just seems so happy to play that game, win or lose.

I've been watching him playing Operation Racoon City and Dragon's Dogma and it's pretty hilarious. Then again those games look incredibly goofy. Dragon's Dogma's thread title is surprisingly accurate: "Dragon's Dogma: Grapple a Griffin, Slay a Cyclops, Climb a Cow, Pitch a Pig"

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVwADTOQt-M

in case there's any doubt over who is objectively the best character in this game

I find the fullscreen confirm off of lightning into lightning loops for 1 million+ more upsetting. Especially since it can be used to punish whiffed supers.

That said, Zero doesn't piss me off anywhere near as much as Vergil does. Vergil is so loving derpy. If I can't kill him off of round start shenanigans or an incoming mixup I pretty much can't kill him unless he does something stupid.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

TaurusOxford posted:

How much meter does that build? That's gotta be at least two bars right?

Even if it only builds one, he can easily do over a million by just adding it onto the end, let alone once you start getting into lightning loops.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

lightning loops.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

Price: Cheaper than hell.

(Excellent work on that pic. Love the little nutritional details!)

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Does anyone have a link to the combo where a Doubled zero just flies all over the place with lightning and it all combos? I remember watching it and it seeming like it was just random lightnings.

Blinn
Mar 24, 2005

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Price: Cheaper than hell.

(Excellent work on that pic. Love the little nutritional details!)

I didn't make it but yeah it owns.. Win: 8.95g

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

I want this tshirt.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Boxman posted:

Does anyone have a link to the combo where a Doubled zero just flies all over the place with lightning and it all combos? I remember watching it and it seeming like it was just random lightnings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-SCUaJkovw

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Its today and while Ps3 turnout if fine 360 turnout is very much not. Fix this by signing up!

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I have a lot to do tonight but I will sure try to be there. (360)

Dren fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 7, 2012

RageBeef
Jul 27, 2010

TOASTY!

Ybrik posted:

Its today and while Ps3 turnout if fine 360 turnout is very much not. Fix this by signing up!

You might want to post this information in #goonsgarden. I'm not sure how many people that still play this game are actively following the thread but you might be able to pick up some more people there.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

RageBeef posted:

You might want to post this information in #goonsgarden. I'm not sure how many people that still play this game are actively following the thread but you might be able to pick up some more people there.

I have made it so.

interro helped.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!
I just got this game for xbox yesterday. Do people make new accounts just to stomp on pubbies? If so that's just not cool man.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mesothelioma posted:

I just got this game for xbox yesterday. Do people make new accounts just to stomp on pubbies? If so that's just not cool man.

No, but as long as you aren't searching for "same skilled", there's nothing preventing high-ranked people from playing against you.

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

Jmcrofts posted:

No, but as long as you aren't searching for "same skilled", there's nothing preventing high-ranked people from playing against you.

I guess it's just that I am terrible at this game

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
I signed up for the tourney tonight, but I only have one ethernet cable so I can't be in irc and on PSN at the same time. Is there going to be a room to join? (This is also my first time participating in an SA UMvC3 tourney.)

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes
Ybrik made a lobby i assume that's where we'll organize I or someone else could message you who you have to play

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Acute Hepatitis posted:

Ybrik made a lobby i assume that's where we'll organize I or someone else could message you who you have to play

A message would be great. My PSN is EthnicX. What time does it start?

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Now you'll have an invite waiting

Acute Hepatitis
Feb 25, 2008

King of Bikes

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

sent you an invite to it already (psn: sputnikmonroe) supposed to be starting now trying to get everyone in the lobby

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Mesothelioma posted:

I guess it's just that I am terrible at this game

It's really really easy to be terrible at this game.

I'm trying to pick up some new characters, but my terrible combo skills are getting in the way. First, Dante. I'm doing whatever into stinger xx volcano j.MH 236L 3HHH SSS hammer, land beehive xx super. I know that isn't optimal, but what's the easiest way to get that damage up?

Second, I'm looking for a point who's easy enough to combo with. RIght now I'm thinking ______/Dante/Doom. I really like Doom and would like to keep him around. What are Vergil's baby/online combos? With missiles I can keep his poo poo safer, which also helps Dante with his teleport set ups. I can't really think of any other characters that would be appropriate, aside from trying to pick up Morrigan to play the lame game. Maybe Hawkeye, but not having him on anchor seems like a disservice. Can someone who enjoys this sort of thing ruminate on having Dormammu on point here?

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Boxman posted:

I'm trying to pick up some new characters, but my terrible combo skills are getting in the way. First, Dante. I'm doing whatever into stinger xx volcano j.MH 236L 3HHH SSS hammer, land beehive xx super. I know that isn't optimal, but what's the easiest way to get that damage up?

Second, I'm looking for a point who's easy enough to combo with. RIght now I'm thinking ______/Dante/Doom. I really like Doom and would like to keep him around. What are Vergil's baby/online combos? With missiles I can keep his poo poo safer, which also helps Dante with his teleport set ups. I can't really think of any other characters that would be appropriate, aside from trying to pick up Morrigan to play the lame game. Maybe Hawkeye, but not having him on anchor seems like a disservice. Can someone who enjoys this sort of thing ruminate on having Dormammu on point here?

Easiest way to get some free damage is to use your wallbounce, even it's it's something simple like following the hammer with 3CC 6C bc teleport hammer.

I'd recommend going Dante/Dormammu/Doom for two reasons. The first big one is DHC synergy. You can get hecka damage in the corner with million dollars to sphere flame but if you're full screen you basically can't get damage going from Dante to Doom while you can with chaotic flame.

The second one is dark hole is a surprisingly nice assist for Dante. It lets you combo off your air throw easily (just mash the hell out of j.C + dark hole until you see the assist connect then cancel into hammer, follow up with otg whatever) and it lets you get a second 3cc -> prop shredder with proper timing which gives you a pretty generous amount of damage.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Boxman posted:

Wesker is a really good battery and has easy, high damage combos. He also works really well with Doom's Plasma Beam assist. It can cover Wesker's approach and it can be used with Wesker's OTG gunshot to extend his combos. Not sure how well he synergizes with Dante but I'm sure you can find something.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

:siren:Tournament Results:siren:

:itjb:Xbox:itjb:
http://challonge.com/xbmgoons4
First Place: Walrus Whiskers Wolverine/Spencer/Akuma
Second Place: tabs Sentinel/Akuma/Random
Third Place: Bimodal Toaster Tell me your team so I can edit this in

:spidey:PS3:spidey:
http://challonge.com/psmgoons4
First Place: BumbleChump Spencer/Felicia/Shuma-gorath
Second Place: Acute Hepatitis Magneto/Haggar/Doctor Doom 2nd Frank West/Dormammu/Doctor Doom
Third Place: Ybrik Spider-Man/Taskmaster/Super-Skrull

A better turnout than last week but I know you can do better because we did the first week. Dig deeeep into the saltmines and aspire to be the Yipes you know you are secretly. :ninja: June 14th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
I would've signed up for this latest tourney, but I haven't practiced the game at all since the last one. I rediscovered Bioshock after a long period of absence and I've been on it like glue.

But next week for sure.

(Are we still streaming these matches anywhere? I wouldn't mind seeing how people did.)

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe
Tabs is sentinel in real life.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I knew I forgot something: Brackets

June 14th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/2kyd2k3tpu

http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/uwmfq5ejmg

Ybrik fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 11, 2012

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Boxman posted:

I'm also running a scrub Dante, after killer bee I do s.S. xx Clay Pigeon xx Prop Shredder which might do slightly more than what you have. It's a bit harder but after the first volcano you can do j.H xx Air Play, j.H s.S xx Clay Pigeon... and then use your ground bounce to tack on a second Volcano xx Beehive at the end. The extra damage you get is a little underwhelming but you do get noticeably more meter.

I'm running Haggar/Dante/Dr.D if you want to give the mayor a roll. I picked up Dante explicitly for his synergy with Haggar and it gives him (fairly easy) touch of death combos.

What is a good combo to go into after Dante tags somebody with j.S or the hammer? I've been doing Volcano, j.MH xx Killer Bee, s.S, j.MH xx Sky Dance xx Million Dollars but that seems pretty suboptimal.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

Boxman posted:

You should probably pick Vergil since he's captain derp. Here's the SRK combo thread it should satisfy your combo needs. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-have-come-to-retrieve-my-power-you-cant-handle-it-vergil-combo-thread.148808/

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Apparently Nitsuma visited the Marvel offices recently, according to an Ask Capcom Unity Stream that aired the other day. Keeping the hope alive for another update to this game.

Erik The Viking
Apr 12, 2012

by Fistgrrl

Ybrik posted:

:siren:Tournament Results:siren:

http://challonge.com/xbmgoons4
First Place: Walrus Whiskers Wolverine/Spencer/Akuma
Second Place: tabs Sentinel/Akuma/Random
Third Place: Bimodal Toaster Tell me your team so I can edit this in

http://challonge.com/psmgoons4
First Place: BumbleChump Spencer/Felicia/Shuma-gorath
Second Place: Acute Hepatitis Magneto/Haggar/Doctor Doom 2nd Frank West/Dormammu/Doctor Doom
Third Place: Ybrik Spider-Man/Taskmaster/Super-Skrull

A better turnout than last week but I know you can do better because we did the first week. Dig deeeep into the saltmines and aspire to be the Yipes you know you are secretly. :ninja: June 14th 9PMEst/6PMPst irc://irc.synirc.net/sa-mvc3

I am pure trash at this game but I'm free (haha get it?) most Thursday nights so I think I'll sign up for next week. Also it'll give me a reason to train up a little bit.

Thanks for running these!

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot
Oh man, only one more week before I can finally be a part of these drat things.

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I know this question is going to sound retarded, but does anyone know of any southern California umvc3 tournies or meetups on ps3? I'm bound to ps3 because of the controller I use, and I swear everything around here is 360 only.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
It'd probably save more effort to just buy a 360 controller, or dual-mod yours if you're using a stick. Tournaments are really inconsistent in what consoles they use, and many smaller tournaments have a mix of 360 and ps3, so you never really know what you're going to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

There's also this dongle coming out, which, though it seems made more for wireless controllers, it appears to have a USB slot in the front so you could probably hook up a TE to it.

At least, I hope so, since that would be really pretty awesome.

• Locked thread