Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Song is late '90s, early 2000s, poppy, sampling a very famous classical piece (probably Beethoven, maybe Mozart). Video involved a young white guy (the singer, I think) riding around a big city on a bicycle. One-hit wonder.

Probably:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7K7orMOHqY

quote:

In 2002, Thicke released his debut single "When I Get You Alone". The track samples Walter Murphy's "A Fifth of Beethoven", which itself is a disco rendition of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.
-Wikipedia

Zogo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cacahuate
Feb 21, 2007
OMG! (•_•) You are a peanut!

Cupid Painted Blind posted:

This is apparently a previously unreleased Dave Clark Five song called "Universal Love"

Thanks! I'll tell my Pops!

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Song is late '90s, early 2000s, poppy, sampling a very famous classical piece (probably Beethoven, maybe Mozart). Video involved a young white guy (the singer, I think) riding around a big city on a bicycle. One-hit wonder.

I hope you're not referring to Ian Brown - F.E.A.R. because if you are I might have to come to your house and kill you.

One-hit wonder :catstare:

Edit: Thank God, I'm probably wrong.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Cupid Painted Blind posted:

This is a cover of Space Oddity by Exitmusic

Thanks!

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008
It was in fact Robin Thicke I was looking, you're a life saver Zogo!

I wouldn't dare to call Ian Brown (or The Verve for that matter) one-hit wonders.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

no that's not it, there was more of a funk influence (if that's even descriptive)

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyO2coxHVWc

Any idea what the intro song is here?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go

a pwn cocktail
May 12, 2008

ShutteredIn posted:

Arcade Fire - No Cars Go

Thanks

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Not something I think I like, just keeps popping up in my head. I *think* this is an actual song but it could end up being just something from a commercial.

All I can remember is it being a group of girls yelling something in unison like cheerleaders and what they are saying could be all words or some of it could just be letters.

All I hear in my head is "something something E.E." "something something E.A." with those bolded parts yelled louder.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Wagonburner posted:

Not something I think I like, just keeps popping up in my head. I *think* this is an actual song but it could end up being just something from a commercial.

All I can remember is it being a group of girls yelling something in unison like cheerleaders and what they are saying could be all words or some of it could just be letters.

All I hear in my head is "something something E.E." "something something E.A." with those bolded parts yelled louder.

That makes me think of Avril Lavigne - Girlfriend or Ting Tings - Great DJ. Neither is in unison, but the latter definitely has "E-E-E"s in there.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp
Neither of those but what I'm thinking of almost kinda reminds me of another ting tings song "That's not my name". I could be making this all up or be way wrong about what's said for all I know.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

Wagonburner posted:

Neither of those but what I'm thinking of almost kinda reminds me of another ting tings song "That's not my name". I could be making this all up or be way wrong about what's said for all I know.

I kind of passed over this because I thought it was too obvious but it's not that song that goes "Hey Mickey you're so fine/ you're so fine you blow my mind/ hey Mickey!" is it? Can't bring myself to look it up for you.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
hey guys, totally weird request cuz of the way i'm phrasing it but oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAjIESaYohI

i heard this song the other day in a store and i have loved westerberg forever but i don't think i've heard this song. however the verse melody sounds almost identical to something rattling around in my brain; but i can't pin down what it is, and i'm starting to be unsure as to whether it even IS a different song or if i'd just heard this a bunch in the past and absorbed it subconsciously

for a while i thought it might be "roll to me" by del amitri but it isn't and i'm stumped

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

HoldYourFire posted:

I kind of passed over this because I thought it was too obvious but it's not that song that goes "Hey Mickey you're so fine/ you're so fine you blow my mind/ hey Mickey!" is it? Can't bring myself to look it up for you.

No, not that, I know that one all too well. But it has a similar sort of cadence i think is the word, to that and that's not my name if that makes any sense.

Not Very Metal
Aug 3, 2007

Shit Fuck Shit Fuck!

Freddie Gibbis posted:

hey guys, totally weird request cuz of the way i'm phrasing it but oh well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAjIESaYohI

i heard this song the other day in a store and i have loved westerberg forever but i don't think i've heard this song. however the verse melody sounds almost identical to something rattling around in my brain; but i can't pin down what it is, and i'm starting to be unsure as to whether it even IS a different song or if i'd just heard this a bunch in the past and absorbed it subconsciously

for a while i thought it might be "roll to me" by del amitri but it isn't and i'm stumped

Well The One Sixpence None The Richer Tune popped into my head when i clicked your link and now I can't come up with anything else. Sorry man.

Not Very Metal fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 4, 2012

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Not Very Metal posted:

Well The One Sixpence None The Richer Tune popped into my head when i clicked your link and now I can't come up with anything else. Sorry man.

*ahem* THAT SONG WAS ORIGINALLY PERFORMED BY THE LA'S but, yeah, I love it, but that's not it.

if it helps any i think the song i am thinking may have the similar melody played on guitar, not a vocal thing

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Wagonburner posted:

First thing I thought of was the chorus to Be Aggressive by Faith No More, that has cheerleaders spelling out the title.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEvPwWjRyg8

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
This one has been annoying me for awhile. I was at a folk-festival where a number was covered by a few bands that went like...

"-line-
Have some whiskey, have some whiskey
-line-
Have some whiskey, have some whiskey
-as you might've guessed, I only remember this one line-
Have some whiskey tonight!"

After that, the song would go into why "God gave us whiskey".

Seeing as how a few bands played it, I assumed that it was simply some old Irish folksong and I could easily find it. Thing is, I've googled up-and-down for a song with these lyrics, but can't find any song that is even remotely like it. Is there any chance that anyone knows what song this is?

Edit: And just after posting this, I came to the brilliant idea to look up the band that played it, and wouldn't you know it? The song's on their website: 5. Have some whiskey. Still can't find anything about it on Google, so I assume that it's not a popular song after all.

Baron von der Loon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 5, 2012

prinneh
Jul 29, 2005
prince of denmark
Hello everyone

I need help identifying a song and an instrument. The clip I have is quite old (50+) and the .mp3 conversion isn't very good and I apologize for that, but in fairness it's an amateur recording of what I think is a child practicing. I'm pretty sure the instrument is a piano of sorts, but I'm not sure what kind or if it's just poorly tuned/played.

I put the clip on my dropbox here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2915803/SAhelp.mp3

thank you all

This is no longer relevant, I'm sorry if I wasted anybodies time and/or energy.

prinneh fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 5, 2012

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

quote:

The track samples Walter Murphy's "A Fifth of Beethoven", which itself is a disco rendition of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony.

FunFact: This poor guy had one massive hit song, now he's stuck scoring each and every dreadful Seth MacFarlane project.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Freddie Gibbis posted:

*ahem* THAT SONG WAS ORIGINALLY PERFORMED BY THE LA'S but, yeah, I love it, but that's not it.

if it helps any i think the song i am thinking may have the similar melody played on guitar, not a vocal thing

This might be way to obvious (and/or wrong), but could it be this guitar part: http://youtu.be/U6tV11acSRk ?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
This is going to sound retarded, but I'm trying to remember who performs a song that has cool Taiko drums and a female choir singing in it that kind of sounds like it's from the Akira soundtrack. I realise how vague that is but it's the best I can do and I'm hoping some gentle Goon will take pity on me and tell me what I have stuck in my head.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

6EQUJ5 posted:

This might be way to obvious (and/or wrong), but could it be this guitar part: http://youtu.be/U6tV11acSRk ?

nah, that's not it either

at this point i'm just throwing up my hands and saying maybe i've heard a live version of the same song or a cover of it or something like that.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I can remember a song from around 1996, where the chorus is "Boom shalock, boom boom shalock, something something something". I've never been able to track it down because all any search turns up is House of Pain and it's not House of Pain.

A friend of a friend had the album and I want to say the band name had "boys" in it. Maybe.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
e: wow really bad guess NEVER MIND.

Gnome Chomsky
Feb 6, 2011
Anyone have any clue what song this is?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
that is 'slow train' by bob dylan

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Pilchenstein posted:

I can remember a song from around 1996, where the chorus is "Boom shalock, boom boom shalock, something something something". I've never been able to track it down because all any search turns up is House of Pain and it's not House of Pain.

A friend of a friend had the album and I want to say the band name had "boys" in it. Maybe.

"Boom Shak-a-lak" by Apache Indian?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=959s6jl_5Uk

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

That's not it. It was sort of indie/alternative rock, but then wasn't everything in 1996?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~
I'm really starting to think that you are thinking of "Everybody Walk the Dinosaur" but that's way older and not super 'indie'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk

the 'boom boom acka lacka lacka boom' refrain might be what you're thinkin of? if not i have no clue.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Freddie Gibbis posted:

I'm really starting to think that you are thinking of "Everybody Walk the Dinosaur" but that's way older and not super 'indie'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk

the 'boom boom acka lacka lacka boom' refrain might be what you're thinkin of? if not i have no clue.

Nah, I totally loved Everybody Walk the Dinosaur when I was a kid, so I know it's not that. This has been driving me nuts for over a decade now, I must know!

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Pilchenstein posted:

Nah, I totally loved Everybody Walk the Dinosaur when I was a kid, so I know it's not that. This has been driving me nuts for over a decade now, I must know!

can you give any more detail about the song at all? like is the chorus sung or spoken or shouted or rapped? i'm 33 so this is like my POP MUSIC WHEELHOUSE and the fact that i can't figure it out is killing me too

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Freddie Gibbis posted:

can you give any more detail about the song at all? like is the chorus sung or spoken or shouted or rapped? i'm 33 so this is like my POP MUSIC WHEELHOUSE and the fact that i can't figure it out is killing me too

It's spoken if I remember rightly, though the bit at the end (something something something) may have been rapped.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm having trouble remembering the name this song, I only remember the music video.

It's French House music, and basically, the video is set in Tokyo and follows around this motorcycle delivery driver who never takes his helmet off (very cool and Daft Punk-esque) and he intentionally switches the packages that he is taking to a gangsters and a little girl, so that the girl gets a ton of money and the gangsters get a little doll. Basically most of the video is him driving around looking cool in Tokyo. Sound familiar?

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I'm looking for a song that I think originated here on Something Awful. It was a remix of some hot dog infomercial and it had lines like "YUCK POTATOES" and "THE HOT DOG GENERATES TWO TRILLION IONS PER SECOND, BOMBARDING CHILDREN AS THEY WANDER OFF TO PLAY".

I heard it once and I haven't been able to find it since then but when I first heard it I listened to it a lot. I forgot to download it. :saddowns: I don't know where to find it, so if anyone could help me that'd be great.

dsh
Aug 2, 2003

HoldYourFire posted:

Sash - Encore Une Fois?

Yes! Wow, this is almost a year and a half later but this is exactly the song I was looking for. Thanks! :)

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

dsh posted:

Yes! Wow, this is almost a year and a half later but this is exactly the song I was looking for. Thanks! :)

No problem, although looking back now I'm not sure what made me suggest that song.

Also it's weird reading posts from a time capsule like that!

Aceofhz
Sep 9, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhrxb377DHc&feature=related

Does someone know which song this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

According to the Youtube comments, you can "Like" BBC Latin America on Facebook to get that information.

quote:

Alguien me puede decir còmo se llama ésta canción por favor?

Gerardieux 1 month ago in playlist Uploaded videos

Gerardieux, hazte fan de BBC Entertainment Latinoamérica en facebook y ahí les proporcionarán la información.

BBCEntertainmentla in reply to Gerardieux 3 weeks ago