Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Spare parts! Though I can't think of the last time there was an audit on equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Faerunner posted:

On the topic of remote controlled Lego, one of these is sitting on a book shelf in our library: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8675-1

Any time the battery is connected to the motor it spins backwards and doesn't respond to the remote control and we have no idea what to do to fix it, and contacting Lego shortly after we got it was met with essentially "Oh really? That's too bad. gently caress you go away." because we bought it at Ollie's after it was discontinued (with no returns)

Anyone have any ideas?

There is a short in the wire and likely it is in the connector, you could try cleaning it with a wire brush. The wires itself are like telephone wire so if there is a short in the wire it might cause that as well.

Try contacting lego again, they might have some insight and worse case you are just lost time trying to see if you can get it work. It's worth about $125 if it was fully functioning.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whoa, when did Lego start packing brick separators in their sets?

e: I fear that this trend may mark the end of a childhood rite of passage - aspirating a 1x2 plate and being forced to cough it back out :shepface:

Phy fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jun 8, 2012

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN

Phy posted:

This year, I think. I'm thrilled too, if anything now I have the problem of having too many. And the new design is simply great. Finally a half-stud thing for getting those abominable jumper plates off of flat bases. It took me some time, after having no luck removing tiles with the regular end, to figure out that the handle end functions as a prybar for lifting those tile pieces. This was a bit frustrating since I'd been used to using the old style separator for that purpose with no problems. But despite that minor inconvenience, the whole package is great. Can't forget the axle shaped pushy thingy, which works marvelously well.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Phy posted:

It is pretty crazy how many sets it is in, 19 so far for 2012
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=96874&in=S

I have a handful of them, and sometimes the axle gets in the way so I just cut it off when I had my dremel out.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
You know, I swear to god I have three or four of the old-style grey brick separators but I'll be damned if I can find any of them in my Legos.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

How long before someone uses brick separators in a model? :haw:

(Now that I've spoken it, I'll probably find out that it's already been done. Lego's version of Rule 34...)

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I just registered for Cuusoo so I could support this because got-dang
http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/9068

Also built my Vampire Hearse today. Rock out :drac:

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
The Minecraft set is a really neat little build. Makes me look forward to more Cuusoo sets coming out in the future.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Torael_7 posted:

How long before someone uses brick separators in a model? :haw:

(Now that I've spoken it, I'll probably find out that it's already been done. Lego's version of Rule 34...)

The classic grey ones would make pretty sweet like... tail fins for a Gundam-esque robot, I think.

Scale would have to be huge.

e:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dragon55/5504582645/sizes/z/in/photostream/

this is the only one I could find

Sockser fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 9, 2012

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Finally got it working...threw out the idea of having the studs parallel to the outer edges of the ship as it is on the top and just fastened directly to the hull. Much sturdier. That picture is "sketching" out the underside, which I will then take off and build in a more permanent fashion.

Coming along :hellyeah:

e:

Filled in, mostly. Need to order some of those big 12x6 mostly studless plates to replace the green & brown, and have to put together the geometry for that back end & the little fantail inside the hanger.

mynnna fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 9, 2012

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Saint Sputnik posted:

Its a shame the sets themselves don't look very impressive because this is an incredible idea. Its a great use of existing minifigs and the original auxiliary wolf hood is rad as hell.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Today I picked up the Captain America cycle for my girlfriend, because she loves Captain America and tolerates my Lego addiction. I gave it to her tonight... and she surprised me with the Mines of loving Moria, to help complete my Fellowship. Goddamn. :love:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Has anyone picked up the Sopwith Camel yet? I'm gonna buy a big set, but I can't decide which one.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Is that Sydney? The street looks familiar.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Has anyone picked up the Sopwith Camel yet? I'm gonna buy a big set, but I can't decide which one.

I'm pretty committed to Monster Fighters because I'm a huge Universal Movies geek, but that Sopwith looks kinda nice. Somewhere between Technic, Creator, & Model Team.

Duplicate
Jul 7, 2007
Lucky me.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Also built my Vampire Hearse today. Rock out :drac:

Anyone else get the feeling that Lego has something like this in the works? They've had a good number of Greek/Roman types in the minifigure line (Spartan, Legionnaire, Minotaur, etc), maybe they're testing out the theme's appeal.

Now that the medieval stuff's been moved aside for the Lord of the Rings, there's an opening for a new historical theme, and I can't think of another one that they haven't already done.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Duplicate posted:

Anyone else get the feeling that Lego has something like this in the works? They've had a good number of Greek/Roman types in the minifigure line (Spartan, Legionnaire, Minotaur, etc), maybe they're testing out the theme's appeal.

Now that the medieval stuff's been moved aside for the Lord of the Rings, there's an opening for a new historical theme, and I can't think of another one that they haven't already done.

That would make me so happy.

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

beato posted:

Yeah, Martin Place. Something about the celebration of 50 years of Lego in Australia, called the "Lego festival of play". As part of the festival, we also had our first AFOL convention on in Sydney, the Sydney Brick Show :)
(I'm surprised there was nobody talking about it in this thread :()

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Thanks Brickbadger for letting me know Amazon US had Weathertop for 17% off.

I mean that half sarcastically because I wasn't planning another Lego purchase for a while. Why must you feed my addiction??

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Anybody have any heads-up about TRU sales for next week? Ad paper leaks or anything like that? I really want some Monster Fighter BOGO action.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

They have a lot of architectural molds with the Atlantic stuff, columns and such.

osici
Jan 19, 2008
Wheee
The haunted house set has been announced! It's a Monster Fighters set and it looks awesome.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3418

Lots of zombie heads on those pillars!

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

beato posted:

I think so, I got it off the BBC a while ago. God drat that haunted house looks incredible. I doubt I'll ever have enough room in my budget for it though.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

osici posted:

The haunted house set has been announced! It's a Monster Fighters set and it looks awesome.

Good God. This just jumped to the top of my want list, it's incredible.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

osici posted:

Oh drat that is stylish.

Testro
May 2, 2009
With you on that, PriorMarcus - I can't wait to get my hands on it...it's incredible.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

UncleRadnor posted:

Yeah, Martin Place. Something about the celebration of 50 years of Lego in Australia, called the "Lego festival of play". As part of the festival, we also had our first AFOL convention on in Sydney, the Sydney Brick Show :)
(I'm surprised there was nobody talking about it in this thread :()

If I still lived in Sydney I would have been there in a flash. Did anyone go, If so, could we get some pics?

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Man that house is loving epic. It looks more like a MOC rather than an official set.

God what will the Australian RRP be :(

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
That zombie house is amazing and thank god it is coming out in september and not sooner or I would be breaking my promise not to spend any money on lego until august.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

osici posted:

Fuuuuck. Lego can have ALL my money. Please, take it.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I was looking and couldn't notice stairs from the get go to the third floor and was about to point that out when if you look to the right of the ghost you can see a traditional attic style door with a expanding ladder on it. I love it. The interior is so nice. If I had no self control I would buy two without hesitation.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

I think this is the most excited I've been for a set since I got back into LEGO. The details are amazing, I love each of the mini-figs and I just... I want September to get here.

And 2064 pieces? Holy crap. Thank God it's a LEGO original and not a licensed theme. $179.99 is a better pill to swallow than what could easily have been more like $225.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Holy poo poo that house. Got to be one of the most attractive sets Lego has ever produced. I find the modulars and a lot of other AFOL targetted sets a bit dull and sterile. That just has so much character.

Edit: Even my wife likes the look of the haunted house and she never gives a drat about Lego.

ElMudo posted:

Thanks Brickbadger for letting me know Amazon US had Weathertop for 17% off.

Nice spot. Tempted to get someone to get one for me. Even with postage and customs that's not a bad deal... but wallet probably won't forgive me this month.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jun 9, 2012

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW
The haunted house is great, but am I really the only one who would be more excited to buy the Lego Legion?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Gravy Jones posted:

Holy poo poo that house. Got to be one of the most attractive sets Lego has ever produced. I find the modulars and a lot of other AFOL targetted sets a bit dull and sterile. That just has so much character.

Nice spot. Tempted to get someone to get one for me. Even with postage and customs that's not a bad deal... but wallet probably won't forgive me this month.

Better hurry and make a call on that. They don't stay on price drop for too long.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Adregan posted:

Better hurry and make a call on that. They don't stay on price drop for too long.

Spending too long making up my mind so the price drop disappears is kind of a defence mechanism to prevent myself from spending too much!

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

osici posted:

If you have not already done so, click on the set details. Awesome.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Krazyface posted:

:siren:Attention Ausgoons!:siren: The Lord of the Rings sets (and the new Star Wars ones, but I don't care that much) have started to arrive. I just got Weathertop at Myer, where they also had the two Helm's Deep sets. TRU has started advertising them too.
TRU currently has 25% off all non-sale stock if you take a coupon from their website. I think its for this entire long weekend only. I picked up every set except they didn't have the Orc forge (no big deal). They are now in storage for 5 years until my son is old enough to appreciate them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

osici posted:

Ha, Ha. Holy gently caress. I saw it listed in the line up but hadn't seen any photos yet. I'm just going to listen to this on a loop while I build it.