Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

kensei posted:

If you have not already done so, click on the set details. Awesome.

The details are amazing. Desk with quill pens in a inkpot, that folding ladder, a heart in a jar, zombie chef and... Frankenstein butler :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Saint Sputnik posted:

The details are amazing. Desk with quill pens in a inkpot, that folding ladder, a heart in a jar, zombie chef and... Frankenstein butler :monocle:

Im a fan of that little Victrola myself. Hubba hubba what an amazing set.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart
Apparently the One Ring was being mailed to the vampire in that haunted house.

(Re-used envelope from Gandalf Arrives)

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I guess he's been accepted to Hogwarts too, because that envelope is in at least a few Harry Potter sets also.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The fireplace (in the haunted house) has one of the bottled ships from POC on it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Travis343 posted:

Oh yeah, hands-down my favorite detail. They should have just given the whole series a "monster dance party" theme instead of fighting

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

osici posted:

Haunted house set

drat, I looked at the pic and thought it was an MOC for sure.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

There's loads of pics in the Eurobricks post.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

Travis343 posted:

Hahaha you're right, this just keeps getting better and better.

I really need to know what kind of music Lord Vampyre listens to. :allears:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

osici posted:

The haunted house set has been announced! It's a Monster Fighters set and it looks awesome.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3418

Lots of zombie heads on those pillars!

As a Lego dabbler, what is likely the best scenario for getting this set on sale when it comes out (or relatively soon after)? I know TRU has sales on lego, but are they regular sales or just whenever they happen?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Indolent Bastard posted:

As a Lego dabbler, what is likely the best scenario for getting this set on sale when it comes out (or relatively soon after)? I know TRU has sales on lego, but are they regular sales or just whenever they happen?

It might only be available at the shop.lego.com and I can't see it being discounted any time soon after release. Your best bet might be grabbing it when they have some kind of promotion (free shipping, double points etc).

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Rare Collectable posted:

Fangster rap! :drac:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Gravy Jones posted:

It might only be available at the shop.lego.com and I can't see it being discounted any time soon after release. Your best bet might be grabbing it when they have some kind of promotion (free shipping, double points etc).

I keep seeing 25% off lego sets at TRU would this set some how not apply?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rare Collectable posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxcM3nCsglA

Also I got more of an Addams Family vibe from the house. Lurch-esque butler, vampy wife.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Indolent Bastard posted:

Next to nothing. It's priced like a Modular, and I think it looks to be compatible with them, so Modular collectors will probably want it as well. You'll probably have to wait a while before it starts seeing price drops, or get lucky on Amazon, but I doubt it'll go on any kind of meaningful sale.

Indolent Bastard posted:

If it's Lego SAH only, it won't be at Toys R Us.

And I have a feeling they'll say "No Monster Hunters, Friends, or Star Wars allowed" for the BOGO.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm saying it might not be available at TRU. Beyond that I don't know if it would be included in sales or not (they do exclude some sets and lines from sales). Keep in mind that TRU tends to jack up the MRSP by about 10% for Lego as well.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Captain I, Gravy J:

Got it, thanks.

MSRP it is.

My Night of the Living Dead diorama will happen.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
I'm in love with Lego trains at the moment but I'm so conflicted on what I should buy next.

I can get Maersk or Emerald Night for about the same price. Or I can be a good partner/boyfriend and import the Creator Fire Brigade from Amazon at a relatively good price compared to local (Australian) as a birthday gift in August. My partner has frequently dropped not so subtle hints that she wants the Fire Brigade. Last birthday I got her the Grand Emporium.

She pretty much will take any Creator Modular she can get so I've set myself up for expensive birthday gifts each year...

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Okay, that haunted house set is the one thing I'm going to save for over the summer, good god.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I just applied to be a Retail Associate in a Lego Store. I want this job so badly I'm actually a little sick with nerves over the idea that I might not succeed. For one, I really need a job, and secondly I really love Lego, and it would be a dream come true to work around it every day.

Wish me luck, I guess.

Ingram
Oct 18, 2006

"Do you know how rare it is to find a girl who genuinely honest-to-god absolutely loves it up the arse?"
Good luck PriorMarcus that would be an awesome job. Now you've reminded me how crap it is in Australia we don't have any Lego stores. Well not in Victoria anyway.

I'd love to go crazy with pick a brick cups :(

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Ok I'm gonna jump on the Holy Crap That House! bandwagon because holy crap, that house!

Way to go Lego, totally redeemed the monster hunter line (which was looking a little weak). My friend has been wanting to build an Adams Family home for ages, he's going to flip his poo poo.

I love the boarded windows the best, but I wish the wood was printed and not a sticker. They've been using that plank in so many sets surely they could print it.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Lizard Combatant posted:

I love the boarded windows the best, but I wish the wood was printed and not a sticker. They've been using that plank in so many sets surely they could print it.
I just got the Orc Forge, and the wood-grain design is printed. I was relieved to find that out.

Also jumping on the Haunted House bandwagon, which appears to be filling up rather quickly. It really does look like an MOC, and the abundant use of sand green doesn't hurt, either. I hope this sets a precedent for original (non-licensed), adventure/fantasy themes getting huge sets that cater to AFOLs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Optimist Prime posted:

I just got the Orc Forge, and the wood-grain design is printed. I was relieved to find that out.

Also jumping on the Haunted House bandwagon, which appears to be filling up rather quickly. It really does look like an MOC, and the abundant use of sand green doesn't hurt, either. I hope this sets a precedent for original (non-licensed), adventure/fantasy themes getting huge sets that cater to AFOLs.

The last two castle lines each got a big AFOL style set, Medieval Market Village and Kingdoms Joust. They're both a good sight more complex and use more advanced building techniques than any of the mass-market sets in the line.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
Ok. So my wife (who has a natural aversion to Lego) just got home. I asked her if she liked The Munsters growing up. When she said, "Yes". I showed her the picture of the house. Her eyes lit up and asked if we could build it together when it comes out. I just sat there speechless for a few seconds and said, "Uh...,sure".

And, yes a roman era or mythology line would be awesome.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Captain Invictus posted:

And I have a feeling they'll say "No Monster Hunters, Friends, or Star Wars allowed" for the BOGO.
I have gotten the Tower Bridge, Motorized Excavator, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and other $100+ sets, all from TRU BOGO50% sale.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Optimist Prime posted:

I could have sworn they were stickers! Forgive me Lego, I shouldn't have doubted you. gently caress I want that haunted house

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mine GO BOOM posted:

I have gotten the Tower Bridge, Motorized Excavator, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium, and other $100+ sets, all from TRU BOGO50% sale.
Well aren't you mister Fancypants with your Toys R Uses what have Modulars in'em.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Rare Collectable posted:

Hahaha you're right, this just keeps getting better and better.

This is the most amazing thing. Brilliant design.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I've gotta make some decals for their record collection. Obviously the monster mash, other suggestions?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you zoom way in on the Flickr page it reads "MUSIC ZOMBIES"

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does anybody rearrange the furniture in their lego house?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Wank posted:

TRU currently has 25% off all non-sale stock if you take a coupon from their website. I think its for this entire long weekend only. I picked up every set except they didn't have the Orc forge (no big deal). They are now in storage for 5 years until my son is old enough to appreciate them.

Is the coupon still up? I can't find it.

VVV Thanks! Kind of regret getting Helm's Deep at only 10% off now, but a discount's a discount.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 10, 2012

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Travis343 posted:

The last two castle lines each got a big AFOL style set, Medieval Market Village and Kingdoms Joust. They're both a good sight more complex and use more advanced building techniques than any of the mass-market sets in the line.

Ah, forgot about those. But I'd still like to see a set like that for an original space or underwater theme.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.

Captain Invictus posted:

Well aren't you mister Fancypants with your Toys R Uses what have Modulars in'em.
All the ones I listed were from checking online (excluding the excavator). Do it late, late Saturday and their system will kick in the BOGO50% sale before some items go out of stock (sure they are, especially when they get back in stock exactly one week later). The Tower Bridge was a tricky one done over the phone. Bought it the day before the sale (gift my wife got for me, didn't know the sale was coming she was just being nice) and called them up during the sale to "cancel" it. They offered to ship out another one at 50% off.

Mine GO BOOM fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 10, 2012

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Krazyface posted:

Is the coupon still up? I can't find it.
It is in Australia...
http://www.toysrus.com.au/family-and-friends/w1/i1869309/?gclid=CMClh_3mwrACFQdKpgodEX2TVQ

UncleRadnor
Jul 3, 2010

beato posted:

If I still lived in Sydney I would have been there in a flash. Did anyone go, If so, could we get some pics?

Martin Place? or Brick Show? My friend took photos at the Brick Show but they're all on facebook. I could ask him to upload them to imgur or something. Exhibits were quite good but many displays were either: a) big minifig scenes with poo poo loads of detail or b) simplistic large scale models made of lots of basic bricks like this:

UncleRadnor fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Jun 10, 2012

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I've gotta make some decals for their record collection. Obviously the monster mash, other suggestions?

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

PriorMarcus posted:

I just applied to be a Retail Associate in a Lego Store. I want this job so badly I'm actually a little sick with nerves over the idea that I might not succeed. For one, I really need a job, and secondly I really love Lego, and it would be a dream come true to work around it every day.

Good luck dude. That would be awesome. We need an insider source! Manchester or Sheffield?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
For anyone holding out Weathertop just dropped to 25% off on Amazon ($45). request sorted

Edit: Also for anyone who bought it yesterday at $50... as it's weekend it probably hasn't shipped so try ordering it again and then cancelling your original order or something!

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jun 10, 2012