Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010
So Artie took a leak in the studio last night, right in front of the twins too. I guess he really does have a diabetic problem. Or he's just a mess and back on drugs. I have no idea what to believe. I don't think the Direct TV guys are going to like this. Last segment of Friday's show if you want to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Was it more of an attack or a mistake?

porkfriedrice
May 23, 2010

AxeManiac posted:

Was it more of an attack or a mistake?

Seemed to me like it was "hey you guys don't believe me that I need to piss this bad sometimes? Here, I'll piss in the trash can"

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
as a followup to that picture, someone shot a video with Jackie at Comic Con.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgvCIASD8h4

jesus god he's looking old.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Great interview, the mic isn't a wii-mote, point it at the dude talking and leave it there.

Jackie is so sad at this point, he is basically just lying about doing stuff and he is making tweets.

He got the joke line plug still?!?!? HOLY poo poo!

musclecoder
Oct 23, 2006

I'm all about meeting girls. I'm all about meeting guys.

AxeManiac posted:

Great interview, the mic isn't a wii-mote, point it at the dude talking and leave it there.

Jackie is so sad at this point, he is basically just lying about doing stuff and he is making tweets.

He got the joke line plug still?!?!? HOLY poo poo!

Jackie's had some irons that are in the fire but aren't red hot for about 12 years now.

Does he really make enough money from selling his crap to live on?

Howard once said the difference between what Jackie wanted to make and what they were willing to pay him was $50,000. If that's true with a multimillion dollar contract, that's insane. I couldn't imagine walking away from that type of money over $50k.

ziglol
Oct 13, 2006

musclecoder posted:

Does he really make enough money from selling his crap to live on?

Jackie is pretty old now, can't he retire and get some form of social security (or something.) Not sure how it works in the states.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I think he lives on the same amount of money Riley Martin does

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Remember that Jackie lost something like 75% of his net worth in the early 2000s. First he left the show, then tech stocks took a tumble, and then his wife left him. Poor bastard has to do comic book/sci-fi conventions where the vast majority of the attendees have no clue who he is. He's one step away from being Pat Cooper.

What I never understood about Jackie is why he was so adamantly against hiring outside professionals for his ventures. He had his Jokeland business and Spinning Plates records, but as far as I know he never hired a business manager or record producer. It would have been simple for him to find some up-and-coming comedians and sign them to do comedy albums for example. Instead he used the company to promote his wife's hippie music that no one wanted.

I get the feeling Jackie wanted to accomplish things in his career completely on his own and keep all the credit, and he wouldn't be satisfied getting assistance from anyone.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Jackie wasn't built to be successful, didn't he throw a party with trash cans full of shrimp once? I remember Howard goofing on that endlessly. He seems like a good guy, but he has no concept of what money is it seems.

How do you turn down the money he was getting... ego out of control I guess. He thought he could do better and he still does, being a dreamer doesn't always work out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

Jackie wasn't built to be successful, didn't he throw a party with trash cans full of shrimp once? I remember Howard goofing on that endlessly. He seems like a good guy, but he has no concept of what money is it seems.

How do you turn down the money he was getting... ego out of control I guess. He thought he could do better and he still does, being a dreamer doesn't always work out.

Clams, not shrimp. I can still hear Fred doing Jackie's voice "...a garbage can full of clams...". :D

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 11, 2012

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Watched another episode of Jon Hein's horrible show last night. It's fascinating to see what locations have him there live and which ones are voice-over only...

Standing in line for a free year of Chick-Fil-A? Jon is right there on screen.

A feature on Cowgirls Espresso, where the baristas are all dressed in skimpy bikinis? Voice-over only. Jon is nowhere to be seen.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

porkfriedrice posted:

Seemed to me like it was "hey you guys don't believe me that I need to piss this bad sometimes? Here, I'll piss in the trash can"

Bubba pissed in a solo cup on air a few weeks ago

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Brocktoon posted:

Watched another episode of Jon Hein's horrible show last night. It's fascinating to see what locations have him there live and which ones are voice-over only...

Standing in line for a free year of Chick-Fil-A? Jon is right there on screen.

A feature on Cowgirls Espresso, where the baristas are all dressed in skimpy bikinis? Voice-over only. Jon is nowhere to be seen.

God he is creepy.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

God he is creepy.

Got to keep the bad thoughts at bay or else he might be tempted to touch himself.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Maria Menounos again? Wasn't she just on a couple weeks ago?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I had a nightmare last night that Sharon Osborne replaced Robin.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Brocktoon posted:

Better than Joan Rivers every other week, right? :shrug:

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
I'm usually a passive "not hater" of Joan, but that last interview was a little weak and self serving and she wasn't talking about anything fun and just selling another lovely book about her complaining and reminding people she is the funniest person in the world and the best and the first and oh also self deprecating so you can't be mad at me blah blah boring stuff.

The Nick and Artie show has really jumped to the top of my list, guess I was mainly an Artie fan too. Still can't give up Howard, need something during my drive and work out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AxeManiac posted:

I'm usually a passive "not hater" of Joan, but that last interview was a little weak and self serving and she wasn't talking about anything fun and just selling another lovely book about her complaining and reminding people she is the funniest person in the world and the best and the first and oh also self deprecating so you can't be mad at me blah blah boring stuff.

The Nick and Artie show has really jumped to the top of my list, guess I was mainly an Artie fan too. Still can't give up Howard, need something during my drive and work out.

I was actually very pro-Joan until some time in the last few years. It used to feel like another smart person intellectually fencing with Howard, taking some hits and giving some right back. But it turned into "Joan is here for her biweekly plug; nothing funny to hear". I'm just glad Kathy Griffin never got quite so bad -- she can show up fairly often, but she's usually got something to say.

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

Brocktoon posted:

I think the last time she was on was last year some time. It only feels like a couple weeks because there are so few shows. The only good thing about the Maria Menounos interviews is when Howard brings her boyfriend in. He is a huge fan of the Stern show and pretty funny.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Where's Richard been lately? Did I miss something?

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Brocktoon posted:

Where's Richard been lately? Did I miss something?

He's in the back, making tradio calls.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Hey, my husband Rusty is selling some Jizz in a can.

Caught the other time Howard was talking to Lisa G about her Sweet and Greet and god drat, Howard was poking close to getting her to admit she is a bland, boring, sell out with massive ego problems and asking her why she was making GBS threads all over Benjy and everyone else for making money and Lisa G just could not come up with an answer.

She has nothing rattling around in that cat box of a brain. Why is she making money? How is this possible, everyone paying $100 to meet her should be taken out to the streets and shot. I'd much rather pay $10 to take a picture with Eric the Midget, at least that is something. But Lisa G is just being so god drat frustratingly obtuse with the reasons why she is doing this and everyone is like so drat close to busting her balls, then Howard stops them!!!

Arghh, blue not busted balls up in here.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
She is really awful and does not belong on the show. Now, that alone makes her funny - her complete lack of both self awareness and sense of humor.

But Howard doesn't let them really tear into her. I am sure he senses that she wouldn't be able to take it. When she argues with people she sounds like a moron. Imagine if they all went at her? She'd jump out a window.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Her "arguing" is driving me batty. Let people call her out or don't bring her on. The holes in her logic are wider than Gary's teeth. Bust some loving balls already Howard!

If Jackie or John had been around... oh man, Lisa G would have been in the psych ward.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Brocktoon posted:

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUWUH

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Brocktoon posted:

I have no idea but it was actually a pretty great interview thanks to her husband being in on it. Howard kept on asking about their sex life and her husband was incredibly frank with everything and you could tell she was getting genuinely upset with him.

It was good to hear from John the Stutterer. Favorite line- "Hi Fred." "Hi." "I love Fred. *pause* And Fred loves me!"

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Another creepy Jon Hein thing I've noticed from his horrible show: He eats EVERYTHING with two hands, even something as small as a KFC Biscuit or White Castle Slider.

(If it sounds like I am obsessed with this horrible show, it's because I am. It's staggeringly bad on so many levels.)

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
If he does that with a chicken nugget, he is clearly a psychopath.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Jon Hein learned a long time ago that just because they're little doesn't mean they can't escape his grasp.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Jon Hein learned a long time ago that just because they're little doesn't mean they can't escape his grasp.

Sounds like a good idea for a parody show, Destination Back of my Van

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
On Howard 101 yesterday I was listening to when Sal asked Howard to stay over his house for a night. Such a classic bit on the show, Sal is loving insane. Everyone should listen to it again, here is part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeBaOczgZY

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Streebs posted:

On Howard 101 yesterday I was listening to when Sal asked Howard to stay over his house for a night. Such a classic bit on the show, Sal is loving insane. Everyone should listen to it again, here is part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koeBaOczgZY

For me, the highlight of this bit is the random caller they put through who asks if he can use Howard's place this weekend and Howard replies "Yeah sure no problem!"

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Holy Calamity! posted:

It was good to hear from John the Stutterer. Favorite line- "Hi Fred." "Hi." "I love Fred. *pause* And Fred loves me!"

gently caress YOU FAT ARTIE, AND gently caress YOU HOWARD AND ROBIN. Hi Fred!

I wonder what rock she is living under now.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

gently caress YOU FAT ARTIE, AND gently caress YOU HOWARD AND ROBIN. Hi Fred!

I wonder what rock she is living under now.

I do admire Alice's stamina. One word from Artie, and she would just go off for twenty minutes with only an occasional "gently caress you" or "Yeah, so you are!" needed from Artie.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Fred was on the money during Eric the Midget's call this morning.

I haven't laughed so hard at the show since a typical Artie day :)

Vakal
May 11, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Fred was on the money during Eric the Midget's call this morning.

I haven't laughed so hard at the show since a typical Artie day :)

I'm surprised the little turkey hasn't called into Artie's show yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Vakal posted:

I'm surprised the little turkey hasn't called into Artie's show yet.

Don't fill my head with such dreams :allears: