Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Idunn posted:

I am going to laugh forever if it turns out Dirk was like "what is she doing here" not because she's in danger, but because she's ruining his chance to confess to Jake.

That's what I thought when I saw Jake was around. loving awkwaaaard~.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The important question: If Jake gets into the game through some form of portal and not the normal entry procedure, is his planet still generated? They don't seem to appear until the player enters.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
None of the B2 kids seem to care about playing the game very much - they all have different priorities. The only one who seems to give a drat is the shades. Therefore, this is how I see the session going down:

AR takes control of dirks computer and gets Jane into the session (done)

AR takes control of lil seb, uses Jane's computer to get roxy in

AR mentioned that he's been tracking roxy's devices, so he hacks into her computer and gets Jake in

Finally, AR takes control of brobot and uses it to get dirk in, completing the cycle

A full circle, organised by one multitasking smart mouthed AI

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Here's a thought: Hussie has utilized chat clients, chat rooms, and webcomics in his story. Does the installation of Delirious Biznasty (which, we've seen, is a twitter-style client) on Jane's computer by AR mean that the new kids are going to keep coordinated by utilizing a format designed short posts checked intermittently?

king of no pants
Mar 10, 2007

i'm watchin'
you post
According to the Hussman's twitter, there should be a new album on 6/12. I wonder the overall theme will be? :allears:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Idunn posted:

I am going to laugh forever if it turns out Dirk was like "what is she doing here" not because she's in danger, but because she's ruining his chance to confess to Jake.

This seems like the first obvious interpretation to be honest.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

king of no pants posted:

According to the Hussman's twitter, there should be a new album on 6/12. I wonder the overall theme will be? :allears:

Vriskatime: An entire album devoted to the best character in fiction.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

king of no pants posted:

Last I recall, I think they said it was supposed to have the tracks from Jane: Enter, so I'm assuming it's going to be a new primary volume.

Cleretic posted:

Vriskatime: An entire album devoted to the best character in fiction.

Although this would be way better.

(Where's my finished Spider's Claw, Radiation? :argh:)

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."

king of no pants posted:

Just so long as it has this track then all will be good

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Man, Jake's mysteriously entering the incipisphere again. I suppose that's one thing that is a constant between scratches.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Ok, here is what I am thinking. Dirk orchestrated Jake entering the medium and ending up in Derse so he could save him and do that whole love confession scenario he had in mind. However Jane ended up in the middle of it all. Now Jake will see Jane, try to save her and either get killed or save her. She will then confess instead, right in front of Dirk who is then forced to save either just Jane or both of them if Jake survives. It will be so wonderfully awkward. :haw: :allears:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
All of you are making a horrible mistake, and assuming that things are going to go right for anyone here. Has there been anything to set that precedence inthis session?

Jane's gonna stand there gobsmacked.
Jake's gonna just derp around in place.
It will all be up to Dirk to choose which one to save, or risk trying to save them both. ...Only he's going to be immobilized by shock and fear too and everyone dies.

Roxy arrives in the session to find nobody but the shades.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Roxy wearing the Autoresponder would admittedly look pretty rad.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rooreelooo posted:

Finally, AR takes control of brobot and uses it to get dirk in, completing the cycle

Brobot tore out his heart of purest uranium out so that Jake could sendificate Liv/Terry.

firestruck
Dec 28, 2010

nullify me
What's really going to happen: Jane gets killed, Jake kiss-revives Jane, Dirk becomes a very sad Strider. A downer from all angles.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I still can't believe DD is destroying the whole planet just to get one player (although getting three ain't bad). Does the ring do something to the brains of the bearer? I'm starting to think it does. Hell that'd even help explain WV's freaky dream where he gets the ring and starts murdering people. I mean where does DD intend to live/rule once this is all over, smart guy?

Also yeah this seems like something AR and Dirk organized so that Dirk could save Jake and here we are. It was kind of dumb of Jane to rush ahead blindly into a teleportertransportalizer without knowing what it'd do or where it'd send her, even if she thought her dad might've gone that way. Say, maybe he did? Is Dad on exploding Derse too? Oh man, what a debacle if Dad shows up and just gets to slinging everyone over his shoulder and running for the transportalizer. It's not far!

I'm on board with any theory that ensures nobody gets what they want, and look forward to the B2 players having to explain to the B1 players that they managed to gently caress everything up due to relationship drama.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Crazy theory: the Jake we see here is actually Lil'Seb in disguise, told to do so by the AR, in order to allow Dirk to save/woo him. AR did this because ???..... ?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mazerunner posted:

Crazy theory: the Jake we see here is actually Lil'Seb in disguise, told to do so by the AR, in order to allow Dirk to save/woo him. AR did this because ???..... ?

Errr, Lil' Seb is standing right next to Jane though.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Mazerunner posted:

No, because Sebastian is standing beside Jane.

This is where Dream Dirk will die, probably while trying to save Jake who tried to save Jane.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Midnight Raider posted:

Jack was in one of the frog temples for the Pre-Scratch Earth session, but it looked different from the temples we've seen on Post-Scratch Earth. Apparently only the meteors carrying the kids were split, and the frog temples in this session are a product of itself, which makes sense as G-Cat is most likely from one of them.

(Although there's no reckoning, it seems that some meteors may end up getting sent off anyway. Skaia will presumably still portal away whatever's thrown at it, so presumably kicking a meteor at it with rockets would still have the same effect.)

I think that no meteors actually get launched this time, but the ones that got through are paradoxes from the pre scratch session. How can Skaia change where meteors land if no meteors launch?

Non-linear causality makes my brain throb ><

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So...is Jane on Derse and on her planet at the same time?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Evil Mastermind posted:

So...is Jane on Derse and on her planet at the same time?

Nope, just Derse. She took a transportalizer to Derse.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Aside from plot speculation: I love how internal Jane is a repeating thing, it's a hilarious character quirk. :3:

Radiation
Nov 23, 2010

"you found a fistful of rice-krispies"

Midnight Raider posted:

(Where's my finished Spider's Claw, Radiation? :argh:)

NEVERRRRRRR

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Dolash posted:

Is Dad on exploding Derse too? Oh man, what a debacle if Dad shows up and just gets to slinging everyone over his shoulder and running for the transportalizer. It's not far!

Maybe he'll be the one to save the three kids by displaying his mangrit right on DD's face. Or maybe some of them. We do know Dirk's and Roxy's dreamselves are going to die at some point, so maybe Dirk's is going to bite it right around here?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Honestly on the subject of DD destroying the gently caress out of Derse I figure that all of the members of the Midnight Crew are completely sociopathic by human standards, just with different personalities. Even cute little CD showed no moral objection to blowing up Jade, remember?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I remember Droog being described as worse than Slick, just less violently obvious about it.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

Did I miss something? How did Jake get here?!?!?! <_<

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Myrdhale posted:

Panels aren't done yet.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I think the thing about it is more that DD has expressed interest in controlling everything rather than destroying everything. After all, he took over management of Derse after Jack rose to power in B1. That's why this seems weird.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Tollymain posted:

Honestly on the subject of DD destroying the gently caress out of Derse I figure that all of the members of the Midnight Crew are completely sociopathic by human standards, just with different personalities. Even cute little CD showed no moral objection to blowing up Jade, remember?

Is he destroying all of Derse, or just the moon?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Jorenko posted:

Is he destroying all of Derse, or just the moon?

He is destroying Derse because Dream Dirk is running around on Derse. If Dirk was just being an annoyance while staying in his tower, or even if he is just on the moon, just chop the moon's chain, and you are set for life. I think that Dirk is hanging out on Derse so it is harder to find him. A bigger area gives him more hiding spots. But the Draconian Dignitary knows this, and is going for overkill.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Panels aren't done yet.

... d'oh, of course. That's what I get for doubting the Hussie.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
There's nothing saying that the kids have to follow the chain order. Assuming that the chain remains Jane < Dirk < Jake < Roxy, Jane can get in first but it doesn't stop jake from getting next, or Roxu from being last. Hivebent many of the trolls entered at different periods, but they still ended up making the chain.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Myrdhale posted:

I think that no meteors actually get launched this time, but the ones that got through are paradoxes from the pre scratch session. How can Skaia change where meteors land if no meteors launch?

Non-linear causality makes my brain throb ><

There's a difference between 'no reckoning' and 'no meteors at all somehow finding their way to Earth EVER', which was my point.

Anyway, here's how the meteor splitting works, theoretically, explained in the least-lovely way I can think of which may not be saying much.

Imagine the universe and the session it spawns to be like a computer program. The Scratch is set to reset, and somewhat reprogram, everything in it. But, it picks certain things to attach a 'do not reset' flag to. Even if the entire world changes, these elements will remain as they were, even if they have no point of origin.

The reason this is probably possible for the meteors is because they're technically time travelers. Remember how Dave went back and changed his own past? Davesprite technically no longer has an 'origin', because he went back and prevented it from happening. But he's not vanishing like Marty McFly from Back to the Future or anything. He still has his 'own' point of origin in his past, so he's not going to magically disappear for basically no reason. (Fate killing off beta timelines and their characters is a different matter entirely, because it seems to be there mostly to keep unwanted and unneeded buildup from cluttering the alpha timeline's lane.)

Basically, the meteors would still go back in time and hit Earth even if someone went back into the past and stopped the game from being played, because they were already outside of time. (Granted, they might get nabbed by Fate and blown up before they hit Earth anyway, but who knows.)

Now, the kicker is that The Scratch is apparently capable of also resetting time travelers. Probably because the time travel is itself a power given by the game itself, so it's capable of affecting people who are still in the universe no matter where they time travel to. So Time Players can't go back in time and magically be protected from The Scratch, they still have to actively depart the universe to be out of reach of the resetting element. And the meteors can similarly be reset.

So the short of it is that the game itself kindly lets the meteors remain instead of resetting them, meaning they still arrive from the pre-scratch universe, treating it like a beta timeline they came from. However, while it doesn't reset them, it also affects the time they arrive.

...Maybe this would have been easier with a chalkboard.

Radiation posted:

NEVERRRRRRR

:argh: x8

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Radiation posted:

NEVERRRRRRR

We better get it in the flash where dead Vriska starts loving poo poo up.

Chocolate Milk
May 7, 2008

More tea, Wesley?

Myrdhale posted:

Update! Mystery not quite solved, but we're getting there.

TOAST7312
Oct 18, 2010

AT: uHHH, nO DAD NO!

nerdbot posted:

I'm gonna guess there's a transportalizer to Derse in the Frog Temple that we're going to see when we get to Jake's part of the "choose your character" thing, which would explain, well, a lot.

I think he called it.
Just maybe.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
Well that was quick.

I predict that we will see 10-20 pages of each kids plotline, then have one big flash to end act 6 act 3. That would put this act at ~280 pages, which is normal for the semi-acts so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saradiart
Dec 13, 2009

OPENING MY TAI CHI IS ABOUT AS APPEALING AS THE GOATMAN OPENING HIS ANUS
I guess that's why Bec stopped Jade from going down?